• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help me with projectiles.

∫unk

Smash Master
I take more damage from them than I should.

I'm not talking about easy things to dodge like Lucario's aura or Din's fire. Those can be powershielded/airdodged/ground dodge/etc.

I'm talking about characters like Samus/Toon Link/Falco that have multiple projectiles out and are hard to reach.

The hardest part for me is that my game largely revolves around controlling the center of the stage to limit my opponents options. However, against these characters this is much harder to maintain (if not impossible).

Anyway if anyone has significant experience or a video they want to share let me know.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I have difficulty with the same, I try a full-hop approach most of the time but its not that effective (so I can get over their SH double or insane madness). I generally try to land close but not that close to them but then again, I suck with Marth.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Walk towards them slowly, Perfect shield when anything is going to hit you. If its a Falco, they will most likely forward b to the other side of the stage, so watch for that. Its not that hard really.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
-Catch projectiles you can(tl's bombs?)-->glide toss + shield before you hit the next projectile.

-Full jumps and try and get behind them. If you're still spaced correctly, they will either: a) retreat(toward the center of the stage) and continue spamming projectiles so you can deal with that at the center of the stage as you wanted, or b) hold their ground in which case projectiles aren't much of a problem I would assume.

I don't know what else. Wait for steel's witty comment. I'm sure he'll think of something soon enough.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
-Catch projectiles you can(tl's bombs?)-->glide toss + shield before you hit the next projectile.

-Full jumps and try and get behind them. If you're still spaced correctly, they will either: a) retreat(toward the center of the stage) and continue spamming projectiles so you can deal with that at the center of the stage as you wanted, or b) hold their ground in which case projectiles aren't much of a problem I would assume.

I don't know what else. Wait for steel's witty comment. I'm sure he'll think of something soon enough.
Yeah, that was the well thought-out version of what I was going to say.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Marth has terrible Running Shield abilities
so:
Walking powershield
Sword swatting projectiles
SH AD

All simple stuff that I'm sure you know but there isn't really much else you have at your disposal

∫unk

Smash Master
You can only catch a bomb from the characters I mentioned so that's not a possibility.

I don't think full jump behind them is good because by definition that is giving away stage control. Now we're in the same neutral situation except now I'm on the edge and they're in the center.

SH AD no good against samus or TL because they have more projectiles/z-air comes out too fast.

Walking powershield is incredibly hard to time against that many projectiles at once... but it can be done.

SH f-air to swat stuff works except against z-air which both t-link and samus use (in different ways ofc).

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Wait.. you're serious? XD

get on aim and i can help, go to serenas apartment or something

Moosetracks

Smash Cadet
^ *Thumbs down* ^

Why not make a thread about signatures?

All I can say is get up close and personal and try not to let them get back their distance. From there start sidestepping (not rolling and try to minimize the amount of time shielding the best you can) around him until you get a good chance to land a smash attack on him. Put a few "A" moves in between when you can.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
I take more damage from them than I should.

I'm not talking about easy things to dodge like Lucario's aura or Din's fire. Those can be powershielded/airdodged/ground dodge/etc.

I'm talking about characters like Samus/Toon Link/Falco that have multiple projectiles out and are hard to reach.

The hardest part for me is that my game largely revolves around controlling the center of the stage to limit my opponents options. However, against these characters this is much harder to maintain (if not impossible).

Anyway if anyone has significant experience or a video they want to share let me know.
DJ Counter.
Yes, I know....

After countering the attack you have lag, which will be punished...
That is what the DJ is for to get close and personal, the counter should then give you enough protection, this will work for most projectiles. TL's Boomerang can be air/spotdodged.
TL's Bombs can be caught.

Top Bottom