• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello Smash Fans! this is Masahiro Sakurai, creator of Smash Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Will he claim that my IP lookup is some computer glitch? Will he totally ignore it and continue to act like Sakurai? Will he come clean and thank everyone for sort of going in with him on the joke (since it was an obvious fake)? Will he curse everyone out and be mad at us for ruining his fun, forcing us to ban him? Who knows?! I can't wait to find out!
It's almost as exciting as waiting for the Brawl site itself to be updated! :laugh:

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I looked up the actual physical address of the IP, and it lead me to a Bellsouth building in Atlanta (of course):

Here's their website:

http://www.bellsouth.com/noticeofcopyright.html

I had blanked out the address and zip in the original because I didn't know whether IPs traced all the way back to someone's home. Apparently not, so you can see the address there at the website. Unless Sakurai's internet is hooked up through Bellsouth in Atlanta, it isn't him.

I only post all this to give "Sakurai" some fuel. Is it possible that he DOES get his wireless from Atlanta? Did he order his laptop from America, and someone used it here first to access the internet? Who knows?!

*EDIT* HA! As I was writing this post, "Sakurai" posts saying that he's using a laptop from America.

I totally called it.

skraaah

Smash Cadet
We already exposed you man, just stop. If a reference to SmashBoards is in the next Dojo update, then we'll put our feet in our mouths, but until then we know you're a fake.

Oh ya, and as if you don't know what Wikipedia is, there's definitely a Japanese version of it. So nice try. Jerk.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^ LMFAO, hilarious! XD

McFox for the pwnzsa! :laugh:

He also admits it was fake...no more watching them sqirm at the sight of McFox. :(

Edit: Give us 9 updates in one day, and I'll belive it's Sakurai working at bellsouth in Atlanta, Georgia, and somehow he learned to speak English in a few minutes, all while eating a sandwich. Mmmhh...! :chuckle:

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
We already exposed you man, just stop. If a reference to SmashBoards is in the next Dojo update, then we'll put our feet in our mouths, but until then we know you're a fake.
Oh ya, and as if you don't know what Wikipedia is, there's definitely a Japanese version of it. So nice try. Jerk.
What if the reason the update's taking so long is because he is adding a Smash Boards comment. :laugh: That would shut us up.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Just so I was absolutely, positively sure, I looked up several SWF members' IPs who I actually KNOW are located in different countries. Helios' IP shows up as coming from Amsterdam; Evil Eye's comes from Winnipeg; Micheloxx's comes from Montevideo, Uruguay; and Mic_128's shows up as being from Milton, Australia. The jig is up. If you were posting from Japan, you'd have a Japanese IP.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
McFox won't stop the pwnzs! :laugh:

If you really are Sakurai, then you are king of the mindgames. If so you can read my mind, so ya. Answer the following:
1.What am I eating.
2.What are my two favorite fruits.
3.When was the last time I played SSB64 and SSB Melee=???
4.Wat show am I watching.
5.What did I just throw.
6.Why are you getting pwned by McFox so bad=??? [I'll answer it, you're a LIAR!]

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
Mcfox, you're my hero. But the update is taking a heck of a long time. What if we pissed off Sakurai so much hes denying us an update? Nooooo! (JK, JK)

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
Son of a doodle, he's holding out on us!!

THAT'S OKAY, SAKURAI, I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!1!!11111!!!

[/yeahright]

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ LMFAO, that made me....well LMFAO! :laugh: I'm gonna laugh if it is Sakurai, and we get 9 updates in one day, especially if they're all newcomer characters! :laugh: That would actually be pretty awsome, but it's not gonna happen....YET! *evil laugh*

It seems with p***ed off Sakurai, and that really is him. Jk, jk, jk, hey I'm Jk1! :laugh:

skraaah

Smash Cadet
Hey McFox, it would be funny if you keep an eye on new accounts and see if any match Fake Sakurai's IP.

j00t

Smash Champion
Hey McFox, it would be funny if you keep an eye on new accounts and see if any match Fake Sakurai's IP.
Why ask a Mod to do something that's completely tedious and has no real merit. If he's going to make another account, then we'll see a thread from him soon enough.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Almost an hour overdue update.

Thats one long lunchbreak.

Also, look at my location McFox :D

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Just so I was absolutely, positively sure, I looked up several SWF members' IPs who I actually KNOW are located in different countries. Helios' IP shows up as coming from Amsterdam; Evil Eye's comes from Winnipeg; Micheloxx's comes from Montevideo, Uruguay; and Mic_128's shows up as being from Milton, Australia. The jig is up. If you were posting from Japan, you'd have a Japanese IP.
This is not necessarily true. All it would take would be one proxy to throw this board off.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
This is very amusing and all but I don't see anyway in hell that could be the real Sakurai. As much as I would love to see the real Sakurai post in our forums that guy isn't him. The updates sometimes are slow so nothing new. Just wait it out.

Shine-Fu

Smash Cadet
Besides the obvious problems with the first post (not wanting to spoil characters, only spoiling the -from teh start!- guys then 'spoiling' sonic), despite the blatant spelling error in the first post, despite him "going to lunch" during a forum-thread (this isnt chat),

using an American laptop doesn't give you an American IP.

I think even the real Sakurai would know that much.

Kudos to McFox of course, but I still felt the need to point all the stupid inconsistencies out.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
NorCal ftw! :) Riverside....LOL isn't that somewere in SoCal....by Anaheim I think [I've heard of it a lot, but never been there].

And your totally jealous of my mindgames skills=so good I can read your mind=Learned that straight from THE REAL SAKURAI! :laugh: Just jk, can't resist! XD

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
maybe you are sakurai himself JK1!!!!!

and brawl is really being developed here in Ca, NorCal to be exact! i see right through your mindgames!

oh yeah and riverside is in so cal, about 45min away from anaheim (disneyland)

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Anyone know what the latest he has ever updated the site before? I was thinking about 2 hours late is the slowest I've seen.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
maybe you are sakurai himself JK1!!!!!

and brawl is really being developed here in Ca, NorCal to be exact! i see right through your mindgames!

oh yeah and riverside is in so cal, about 45min away from anaheim (disneyland)
HA, I AM SAKURAI! *lights building on fire with his mind powers=mind games*

epic phailure. :( Awww well...Sakurai's my hostage *forces Sakurai to put WW Link, Diddy [SOLO!], Megaman [klassic bomber], Ridley, and Wolf O'Donell in Brawl.* *Then forces Sakurai to have everyone from Melee return minus Doc.* Sorry, I want Pichu back to enrage YOU ALL! :laugh: *evil laugh moment*

And Anaheim...used to live in Placentia when I was a little boy [hearing fireworks at 10 at night every night gets annoying, but at least I didn't start school until 9! :laugh:]. Maybe that's why I heard of it...is it closer to Irvine [used to live there as a little boy as well]=???

This topic = WIN
If I had a cookie, I'd give it to you! :)

Sakurai obviously took a 3 hour lunch break. Ya know, the traffic in Georgia at 4:25 in THE MORNING is DEAD AWFUL...the average speed is only .1 miles per hour! :laugh:

[ya right]

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
i think it is a little closer to irvine than anaheim....

wheres our dirty south sakurai from the atl????
Hmm....I remeber is my cousins [who live in La Habra=by Brea] say they go there for some reason. <_<

It's 4:40 AM there...he's obviously sleeping! :laugh: Ya know, because Tokyo, Japan is really in the American South! :laugh:

Am I the only one that does not see Peach on that list?

FAIL.
Skyone=pwnz Sakurai! :laugh: Or maybe it's because Skyone is f***ing retarted, and Peach has no chance in Brawl! Nah, jk, jk, jk, Hi, I'm Jk1! :) :chuckle: :laugh: :p :psycho: :cool: ;)

BTW, Peach is right below Mario [2nd highest], but Ganondorf isn't on that list. DUN DUN DUN! :laugh:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I just noticed I live 15 minute drive away from Johnknight1 XD. It's like the next city in the opposite direction from my house meaning I have to go across my city to go on a freeway to get to Livermore on the next exit. NORCAL FTW!!! Yes, I'm that bored.

Now getting on topic, I doubt the real Sakurai would just go on an English forum and spoil things he didn't even update with on the actual site. He doesn't know enough English to begin with @_@. He would need a translator, and I doubt he will hire a translator just to translate what he has to say on any forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom