• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello Smash Fans! this is Masahiro Sakurai, creator of Smash Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masahiro Sakurai

Smash Rookie
I have come bearing good news!

First off, I would like to report that we have recieved SEGA's permission to use Sonic. In fact, they were ecstatic to the whole idea!

Speaking of 3rd party characters, I have finalized the 3rd party character amount as 4.

The reason for this number is so the roster will be even. Good, yes?

Now, as for characters... I don't like to spoil.

I will, however, confirm to you the roster you will have when you first purchase Brawl.

Mario
Peach
Bowser
Link
Zelda(Can transform into Shiek)
Kirby
Meta-Knight
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Fox
Falco
Samus(Can transform into Zero Suit form)
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Wario
Pit
Marth
Ike
Ness
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Diddy Kong

Well, that's quite a few fighters to start with, isn't it?

Yes, 22 in total. It's quite a sight to see, I assure you.

You'll have to unlock the other 18 yourself, I'm afraid.

Also, I assure you that Snake will be the only unlockable character to get a profile before Brawl's launch. Jigglypuff will get her profile on December 3rd. That is all I will tell you, concernign characters.

Remember that update about name that I made back in June? Well, I'd like to assure you that the ability to download your personal settings to your wiimote has already been programmed. I am very glad we could do this.

One final statement before I get back to work, this one should interest you quite well.

We, the musicians and I, have discussed it for long periods of time, but we have decided to include the ability to include your own music in Brawl utilixing your SD Card.

I assure you, the musicians will not be insulted by your decisions.

Well, that is all I have to say for now. I wish you all farewell. Who knows, maybe we'll duke it out online?

~ Masahiro Sakurai

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
...and we should believe this, why?

Shuma

Smash Hero
You really tthink Olimar would be a starter and Sakurai would just tell us?

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
Sometimes I wish the creator of a game series would join the most popular forum.
Like Satoshi joining serebii.

Or Sakurai joining Smashboards.

Either this is a troll
or this is the real deal and were assuming he's not, which would lead this topic to be looked upon on Dec. 3rd and we all go, "Holy F*** that really was Sakurai...and we banned him"

Shuma

Smash Hero
Also Sakurai already sayd tha the third party characters would be maximun 3.

TheBlackblaze

Smash Cadet
Well, Sakurai or not thanks for the info. And for putting the great Music-SD memory card idea in my head, your roster looks nice too, but I could've sworn that lucas would replace Ness though.

Masahiro Sakurai

Smash Rookie
Well, Sakurai or not thanks for the info. And for putting the great Music-SD memory card idea in my head, your roster looks nice too, but I could've sworn that lucas would replace Ness though.
Like I have previously stated, I will not reveal unlockable characters until after release.

He may or may not be in Brawl.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
If this really is Sakurai.
Which I doubt.

Answer this question.

True or False you made a Touken for Melee with Fan request correct? Or not?

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
Wait a better way to know it's Sakurai.

Why not show us a Brawl screen of any character thats not on the site?

Shuma

Smash Hero
Yeah 'cause Ekul, you know... it would be Baaaad if he indeed was Sakurai and we banned him? not good, we better wait.

Hong

The Strongest
xD No way. This is the best thread ever. Why didn't I think of registering that name when I've been a fan of him since the NES days?

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
I love how he chooses to ignore the fact that no one believes him. He's not answering any of Zinc's questions and he'll probably ignore what I'm saying right now.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Why are you so sure? most video game companyes have people posting on the big forums for their games.

awesome

Smash Apprentice
I have come bearing good news!

First off, I would like to report that we have recieved SEGA's permission to use Sonic. In fact, they were ecstatic to the whole idea!

Now, as for characters... I don't like to spoil.

I will, confirm to you the roster you will have when you first purchase Brawl.

Mario
Peach
Bowser
Link
Zelda(Can transform into Shiek)
Kirby
Meta-Knight
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Fox
Falco
Samus(Can transform into Zero Suit form)
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Wario
Pit
Marth
Ike
Ness
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Captain Olimar
Like I have previously stated, I will not reveal unlockable characters until after release.

Something's not right here...

Masahiro Sakurai

Smash Rookie
I have heard that this forum was the most popular Smash Bros. forum in America.

Actually, I think it was mentioned in the title, correct me if I'm wrong...

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
Why are you so sure? most video game companyes have people posting on the big forums for their games.
It's obviously not him. He's not even acknowledging the fact that no one believes him. If it were really him, he'd show some proof. Plus he wouldn't reveal all that info at once, he'd do it on the dojo. Also, even if he was posting on the forums, he'd probably try to keep it a secret.

Edit: I can't believe this stupid arguement is my 100th post. >_<

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
It's obviously fake, there's no way Sonic is in the game, really. It just doesn't make sense. Oh, and Lucas would be default.

Masahiro Sakurai

Smash Rookie
I haven't revealed everything GoldenS1104. You still have the stages, Subspace Emissary, and the assist trophies to look forward to.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
Truth it is the most popular as Nintendo Power mentioned this forum twice.
But that doesn't mean your Sakurai.
You did not answer my previous questions.
And the fact you knew what a Smiley was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom