• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I was looking for a Xenoblade sound board. I found this instead. It is horrible and very NSFW. I...I have to share it though. Especially after all the Lovenado stuff.

Once again, NSFW!

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
I was looking for a Xenoblade sound board. I found this instead. It is horrible and very NSFW. I...I have to share it though. Especially after all the Lovenado stuff.

Once again, NSFW!

"Sharla, with you around, I'm 3 times as hard."

I'm dying.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Once again, NSFW!

this thread

That is all.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Sakurai may have asked the producer of Monolith Soft to re tweet his trailer announcement to throw people off and make it clear that he has the element of surprise. For all we know, he could have had a trailer for Shulk present, but chose to do a reveal for Lucina, Captain Falcon, and Robin instead first. Only time will tell.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

Once again, NSFW!

WTF 0_o

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
"SCHUCK ON THIS!"
by the way im back hi guys

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Sakurai may have asked the producer of Monolith Soft to re tweet his trailer announcement to throw people off and make it clear that he has the element of surprise. For all we know, he could have had a trailer for Shulk present, but chose to do a reveal for Lucina, Captain Falcon, and Robin instead first. Only time will tell.
It's all too telling that the MSoft people are in on it. I sure hope I'm right, but I can't see us not getting something out of all this interesting business.

...Come on, Shulk...

Also, wow, Sharla's a real ***** in the sack. So mean.

Edit: "GOOD JOB ****!" Just...LOL

Seriously though. Shulk + Robin makes this roster perfect for me, with those two characters alone. PLEASE!!

Last edited:

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains

Once again, NSFW!

...I can never use the move Bone Upper ever again.

at least only in Xenoblade

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Considering the fact that the 14th was an F-Zero anniversary and the 15th was a double Fire Emblem anniversary, I doubt he ever planned to do Shulk's trailer on Monday. I'm thinking he might do it on Xenoblade's European anniversary, August 19th. He probably has it planned out.

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
I've gotta say I'm pretty happy that this thread is still going strong. Namely after #MonadoMonday turned out not being so Monado-e. Maybe he'll be a newcomer announced at San Diego Comic-Con in the Nintendo lounge?

Okay, that's just my wish because I'll be at San Diego Comic-Con and am hopefully going to get to try Smash out.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I think shulksgonna be the last character announced before launch

Dunban

Smash Journeyman

Once again, NSFW!

Oh god... what did I just... gah... i'm scarred >.<

domokl

Smash Lord
meh the villian trailer is starting to align with all the dates. i think shulk might be revealed either before or after the villian trailer though.i really do think he will get a trailer perhaps with ness/mewtwo

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
meh the villian trailer is starting to align with all the dates. i think shulk might be revealed either before or after the villian trailer though.i really do think he will get a trailer perhaps with ness/mewtwo
Villain trailer?
I'm honestly curious what do you mean by Villain Trailer?
And when is this supposedly gonna happen?

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Villain trailer?
I'm honestly curious what do you mean by Villain Trailer?
And when is this supposedly gonna happen?
People keep claiming that there's gonna be a big trailer confirming Ridley/K. Rool/etc. I would frankly prefer Shulk. I can see them holding off Ridley until release day, for hype's sake.

domokl

Smash Lord
People keep claiming that there's gonna be a big trailer confirming Ridley/K. Rool/etc. I would frankly prefer Shulk. I can see them holding off Ridley until release day, for hype's sake.
wouldnt that be counter productive to hold off a character with that much teasing though?

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
wouldnt that be counter productive to hold off a character with that much teasing though?
I wouldn't know, I'm not a marketing expert. All I know is that I'm personally indifferent to a villain trailer, but hyped to see Shulk. That's just me though.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
This IS Sakurai we're talking about if it was up to him he would tease you till the day you die.

Staarih

Smash Master
If Ridley is playable, I'm sure he'll be revealed prior to release. He is a game-seller, if not system-seller, to many people. I do think he'll be left closer to release though, so late August or maybe even the start of September. There's time for Shulk to appear somewhere in between.

TTrain

Official Terminator Train
NNID
ThomasTerminator
3DS FC
4613-7026-8628
Teasers are always nice it seems like. It keeps the fans on the edge of their seats, anxiously waiting for what the developers are about to reveal/release, and if it's what the people want (in this case, a LOT of us want Shulk in), then it'll most likely mean that a lot of people will buy the product.

Of course then again, Valve has been trolling their fans with HL3, but at least Sakurai can...you know...

count to 3. :troll:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
My biggest issue with a villains trailer is that such a trailer would work much better with a villain doing voice over for it and uniting the other villains, and none of the villains they are likely to reveal would fit doing that. K. Rool is too silly, Ridley (though smart and cunning and fully sentient) is too animalistic, and Gannondorf simply doesn't speak. Wolf speaks, but he isn't the master mind type.

Medusa and ESPECIALLY Hades could work for that role, but I doubt either are going to make it (although I would love to be wrong.)
If Sakurai doesn't mind spoiling Fire Emblem Awakening or Xenoblade the final bosses from either of those games could also pull it off.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
So this may be reaching, but I think I may have found a newcomer pattern.

Ever since Rosalina it's switched between newcomer from an existing series to a newcomer from a new series. Rosalina, Little Mac, Greninja, Mii Fighter, Plautena, Pac Man, Robin/Lucina (I lump Robin and Lucina together because they were in the same trailer). So if this is a real pattern it would mean the next newcomer is from a new series. Tell me what you guys think, am I just a crazy guy who needs sleep or am I on to something? I still say we're getting to more trailers, one in August and one in September before the game's release and it'll be Ridley and Shulk since they're the two most requested newcomers in the West and Japan. With the final two newcomers, a DK rep and a RH rep being unlockable.

But wait, that would imply that Sharla is a...

Wait.

It all makes sense now.
We're going to a dangerous place no fandom should...

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I think shulksgonna be the last character announced before launch
Well, it is possible he'll be revealed in September to raise hype for the game in Japan. He is a very very heavily requested character there.
My money's more on a villains trailer in August anyway.

Last edited:

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
What's the whole speculation of a villains trailer anyway? And is there any evidence of it?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I am STILL looking for an actual Xenoblade soundboard by the way.

Scared of what else I might find.

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
What's the whole speculation of a villains trailer anyway? And is there any evidence of it?
I think there's a Metroid anniversary near the Japanese release of Hyrule Warriors? Which would make sense. But then again, they could do a vet entry for Ganondorf through PotD and do Ridley some other time. Same can be said for Shulk and Earthbound's rep, though. We should just wait and see

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I still think Snake or one of the Earthbound kids could be fun in Shulk's reveal trailer, but I think Mewtwo would be best. It would be extra hype for those that aren't familiar with Xenoblade, and it could feature Mewtwo wrecking people only for Shulk to stop him. We all know Monado Purge > Telepathy.

(Slight Spoilers in that it's a cutscene from the game, but no real story spoilers)

Last edited:

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom