• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I honestly think Shulk fans and Xenoblade fans in general are some of the most calm and patient fanbase out there. I remember three years ago (gosh time flies...) when Nintendo posted on twitter and facebook they had no plans to release Xenoblade over here and I was furious. The same night I went onto IGN's fourm (that's where OPrainfal started) expecting everyone to be on suicide watch, and yet everyone was calmy figuring out what to do next. From then till Xenoblade's release I was a regular at OPrainfall and you've never seen such a polite group of people. And I think it translate over to this board. Maybe it's in our nature to be patient, since we've been through this before. And just like three years ago all this waiting and Juju edit (I can't explain that one) it'll have the same happy ending.

In other words: YOU'RE AWESOME! MONADOS FOR EVERYONE!
I'm thankful for OPRainfall, without it Nintendo would have pass on an awesome new IP. This should go down in Nintendo history, I love Nintendo but Would like a new IP to go with my Mario and Zelda to stop the stereotypes of Nintnedo.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
yeah with trying to get shulk over seas us shulk fans are more patient for him in smash then most other fans of characters we fought to just get xenoblade over here so we are not to scared about him not getting in smash since he is so loved both in the west and east

Edit: also this is another reason I love reveals is seeing all the jokes that come from them XD

Last edited:

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Gooood evening, ladies and gents. :)

Long-time lurker, long-time Smasher, recent Xenoblade fan here. I joined this forum to lend my support to Shulk!

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Gooood evening, ladies and gents. :)

Long-time lurker, long-time Smasher, recent Xenoblade fan here. I joined this forum to lend my support to Shulk!
"throws ballons in the air" welcome brother! you will be treated well in our clan here

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
guys run the shulkle are gathering

I can hear them now

run ;-;

oh god their here their is no more hope for us now they will destroy us all

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
CAN NO ONE STOP THE SHULKLE I KNOW WE SHALL USE RYENDON TO FIGHT THEM!

(if I was not at college right now I would so make a ryendon)

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
this is why I love this board while the other boards fight over who should be in we all are making pokemon x xenoblade crossovers XD

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
This is interesting, indeed. I'm kinda obsessed with the mechanics behind SSB moves and how they function. This does potentially sound like a "move clone" of Back Slash... I'm on to you, Sakurai.

On a side note, I'm most definitely going to main Robin alongside Monado Boy. Hopefully.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
I'm not good at photoshop but can someone take the character select screen from the E3 demo this year and edit Hades and or Reyn in the character boxes?

EDIT: And when I mean edit them into the characters boxes, I mean ALL OF THEM!

Last edited:

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
yeah with trying to get shulk over seas us shulk fans are more patient for him in smash then most other fans of characters we fought to just get xenoblade over here so we are not to scared about him not getting in smash since he is so loved both in the west and east

Edit: also this is another reason I love reveals is seeing all the jokes that come from them XD

Poor Chrom fans :-[

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I'm late to the poke party, but the first thing that popped into my head was...character spoiler

Zanzagoon

D

Deleted member

Has anyone heard from Sal recently.
I don't think that we'll hear from him again until August.

For now, he's just confused about Shulk not getting confirmed but his tipper is confident that he'll make it in.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I don't think that we'll hear from him again until August.

For now, he's just confused about Shulk not getting confirmed but his tipper is confident that he'll make it in.
Man, I hope the tipper isn't just full of ****. Chrom was the one thing I was pretty "meh" on (Even though I thought he was a cool guy and supported him anyway, cuz all the Chrom supporters are really nice people too, at least on SWF) and always preferred Robin for alot of reasons, but never thought he'd make it.

Now that I've got Robin, and my faith in Sakurai's ability to pick deserving, interesting newcomers when there's competition (although I should've been convinced already by Rosalina and Greninja) has been restored, I just want the other two Sal newcomers to be confirmed, because I'm excited about both of them. (Obviously Shulk so many times more.) I also want Ridley, and three newcomers doesn't sound bad to me.

But Shulk. I needs my Shulk, I'm starting to let my nerves get to me a bit, even though he's got so much going for him. Dunban would not be proud of me right now.

D

Deleted member

Man, I hope the tipper isn't just full of ****. Chrom was the one thing I was pretty "meh" on (Even though I thought he was a cool guy and supported him anyway, cuz all the Chrom supporters are really nice people too, at least on SWF) and always preferred Robin for alot of reasons, but never thought he'd make it.

Now that I've got Robin, and my faith in Sakurai's ability to pick deserving, interesting newcomers when there's competition (although I should've been convinced already by Rosalina and Greninja) has been restored, I just want the other two Sal newcomers to be confirmed, because I'm excited about both of them. (Obviously Shulk so many times more.) I also want Ridley, and three newcomers doesn't sound bad to me.

But Shulk. I needs my Shulk, I'm starting to let my nerves get to me a bit, even though he's got so much going for him. Dunban would not be proud of me right now.
I was pretty meh on the two other newcomers. I am not a big fan of Chrom, even in Awakening. When thinking of a possible moveset, I kept thinking to myself, "Well... what CAN he really do?" I had to think really hard to see how he could differentiate himself from Marth and Ike. As for the Chorus Men, I have no connection with them but I would have accepted them for Shulk. Oddly enough, the night before he got confirmed was when I supported Robin. I didn't think that he would make it, but I preferred him over Chrom.

With Robin, it's clear that Sakurai is going for interesting newcomers. Shulk is interesting thanks to the Monado and its Arts. He isn't some lord with a sword; he's the Heir to the Monado! He has moveset potential that could heavily separate himself from the rest of the cast! I have faith that Sakurai chose Shulk to be on the roster and made him very interesting. Though, outside of Shulk, I'm pulling for Bandana Dee and King K. Rool. In that regard, Robin tipping the scales away from the Gematsu leak helped them in that regard.

I need Shulk in this game as well! Not having him would be so wrong! I doubt that the Monado Boy would give up after this! Even when the odds were stacked against him in many situations, Shulk always prevailed. He will do the same here. The future belongs to him! He will seize his destiny!
Born in a world of strife!
Against the odds!
WE CHOOSE TO FIGHT!
BLOSSOM DANCE!

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
I'm gone for just a few hours and this thread goes completely insane.

Pokemon!

REYNBOW!

...You guys are doing Meyneth's work. I'm proud.

I love this thread.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
I don't know why this popped up in my head, but somebody should shop Reyn's head on Groose's body. And he shall be named Greyn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom