• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
...Are you serious, guys?

After Gematsu was destroyed, are we really just buying every unprovable "leak" we read?

Really?

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
@ RawstyleEevee RawstyleEevee While I'd like to wait for someone to translate it on this site....Anyone know japanese? It makes sense, but it could just as easily have been misread.

Edit: Here's the scan - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bsp5iI2CUAA478W.jpg
Well thats why I posted it ;) due it could always be a mistranslation & my japanese is not the best:laugh:. Besides if real then its still a guessing game, due it could also be a veteran that got the boot.

To proof Gematsu had outdated data we need Shulk,Chorus men,the full roster and some word from Sakurai or data regarding Chrom's fate anyway

TTrain

Official Terminator Train
NNID
ThomasTerminator
3DS FC
4613-7026-8628
How about this guys:

Let's just ignore the leaks (unless they are confirmed by Sakurai) and just wait until next month?

I'm pretty sure there's going to be a character reveal in August (Like the theory that I posted a few pages back)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
...Are you serious, guys?

After Gematsu was destroyed, are we really just buying every unprovable "leak" we read?

Really?
Th cut character being replaced by Lucina isn't a leak, it's a fact mentioned in an article. It could be a bad translation, though.

edit: current consensus seems to be it was bad translation.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
wouldnt that be counter productive to hold off a character with that much teasing though?
I think they should hold off Ridley until the game release day everyone know what metroid is so people think it's obvious if they put him in before that game come, besides wouldn't be better thinking you character didn't get in the game and then find that he is in the game?

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Sadly its a mistranslation it seems. They only say Lucina originally was an alt but not that she could have cut a character.

But its not that we need Gematsu, because on Monado Monday..."Sakurai, your blade did not cut deep enough" to spread chaos among us Shulk supporters.

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
Sadly its a mistranslation it seems. They only say Lucina originally was an alt but not that she could have cut a character.

But its not that we need Gematsu, because on Monado Monday..."Sakurai, your blade did not cut deep enough" to spread chaos among us Shulk supporters.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Even if a character was cut and replaced by Lucina (which now seems to not be the case,) there was no reason to believe it was Chrom. Shulk, as always, stands on his own merits.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I can't remember. Has anyone done an edit for
Zanzurai yet?

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Sorry for being late!
Episode 28 of the Chuggaaconroy Xenoblade Chronicles LP is now online!

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Also, I found a little video on YouTube that makes for a bit of fridge brilliance.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Leaks, no leaks (I still don't think 8/11 is pure coincidence.) I don't care, I just want my playable Shulk.

I gotta say, at the very least, I'm not a fan of MORE waiting.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
I still need to catch up on the thread, but I feel like the presence of supporters is waning slightly.
But remember! Never lying down, never giving up. That's our pride and strength as supporters. And we have to make sure the rest of the forums know it.
What the-?! How was your name not taken before now?!

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
What am I doing with my life

Stahp Zanzurai that isn't nice

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Wait, i'm confused, didn't we all agree after Monday that we relied to heavily on the leak and Shulk has a shot based on his own merits? Why would we cling to this leak again? Why not just move on? Even if Chrom was cut and this validates the Gematsu leak who cares? Shulk has all the shot in the world leak or not.

Think of it like this
At the end of the game when Shulk is in a coma and the rest of the group is forced to fight without him they're at first wondering how can we ever win without Shulk or the Monado, but they hold their own and they realize that the don't need Shulk or the Monado. Okay sure they get attacked by Dickson a second later and Shulk saves them, but you get the point.

Also, I KNEW Lucina was a last minute addition. Something felt off to me about her. Her pun blurb in the trailer made it seem like she was a costume, she has near identical moves to Marth and her model looks unfinished. As for why she was upgraded to playable we may never know but don't worry, she would never replace Shulk. He has his own unique moveset and huge fanbase, so why replace him with a clone?

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Wait, i''m confused, didn't we all agree after Monday that we relied to heavily on the leak and Shulk has a shot based on his own merits? Why would we cling to this leak again? Why not just move one? Even if Chrom was cut and this validates the Gematsu leak who cares? Shulk has all the shot in the world leak or not.

Think of it like this
At the end of the game when Shulk is in a coma and the rest of the group is forced to fight without him they're at first wondering how can we ever win without Shulk or the Monado, but they hold their own and they realize that the don't need Shulk or the Monado. Okay sure they get attacked by ****son a second later and Shulk saves them, but you get the point.

Also, I KNEW Lucina was a last minute addition. Something felt off to me about her. Her pun blurb in the trailer made it seem like she was a costume, she has near identical moves to Marth and her model looks unfinished. As for why she was upgraded to playable we may never know but don't worry, she would never replace Shulk. He has his own unique moveset and huge fanbase, so why replace him with a clone?
I agree about the Lucina part. It seems possible her addition as a clone was made simply because it was an cheap/obvious choice. That said, I don't think she replaced anyone per say, more than filled in a potential gap.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Are you guys calling Sakurai an antagonist? Shulk deconfirmed.

D

Deleted member

Wait, i''m confused, didn't we all agree after Monday that we relied to heavily on the leak and Shulk has a shot based on his own merits? Why would we cling to this leak again? Why not just move one? Even if Chrom was cut and this validates the Gematsu leak who cares? Shulk has all the shot in the world leak or not.

Think of it like this
At the end of the game when Shulk is in a coma and the rest of the group is forced to fight without him they're at first wondering how can we ever win without Shulk or the Monado, but they hold their own and they realize that the don't need Shulk or the Monado. Okay sure they get attacked by ****son a second later and Shulk saves them, but you get the point.

I'm not clinging on or relying on the Gematsu leak anymore. I've made a total of three detailed posts (two in Rate Their Chances and one here) about why I believe Shulk has a chance. Was the Gematsu leak nice? Of course, but he didn't need the leak to begin with since there was a lot going for him prior.

As for Lucina, she is definitely a last minute addition. I theorize that they were going to add Robin and Chrom, but with limited amount of time, Robin out-prioritized Chrom due to his uniqueness and made up for the loss with the popular Lucina. The statement claims that she cut a character, but I doubt that Lucina would get in over the likes of Shulk or King K. Rool. Chrom seems to be the more primary suspect here.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Add me to his support. I never played or own Xenoblade mainly because my Wii stopped being able to read dual layered discs, but his abilities sound interesting.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Hey fellow Shulk supporters! I'm glad to see the support is still standing strong even though we half-expected Shulk to be revealed two days ago.

I just created a support thread for our favorite Heropon: Riki. If you support his inclusion for SSB4, please find the thread title "Heropon of the Nopon Race: Riki for SSB4" and then state your support so I can add your username to the Support List. I can't link to my thread because I'm required to have at least 10 posts before being able to post a link.

I'm hoping that this is not against the forum rules, but if it is, I apologize.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Add me to his support. I never played or own Xenoblade mainly because my Wii stopped being able to read dual layered discs, but his abilities sound interesting.
The same thing happened to my Wii. The lens or what read the disc must be dirty, I Bought a Wii cleaning Kit at gamestop and clean wii and It worked. I don't know if it will work for you but it's worth a try

Hype Train

Woolly World hype!!
NNID
YesMann
3DS FC
0860-3788-1263

Tried my best to hide the naughty bits, so please don't kill me if I missed something. Also, yes, this is my new sig, so get used to seeing it a lot. Haha.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure you can send your Wii into Nintendo to get that problem fixed, but I don't know for sure. At least, that's what I was able to do with my Wii.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
I honestly think Shulk fans and Xenoblade fans in general are some of the most calm and patient fanbase out there. I remember three years ago (gosh time flies...) when Nintendo posted on twitter and facebook they had no plans to release Xenoblade over here and I was furious. The same night I went onto IGN's fourm (that's where OPrainfal started) expecting everyone to be on suicide watch, and yet everyone was calmy figuring out what to do next. From then till Xenoblade's release I was a regular at OPrainfall and you've never seen such a polite group of people. And I think it translate over to this board. Maybe it's in our nature to be patient, since we've been through this before. And just like three years ago all this waiting and Juju edit (I can't explain that one) it'll have the same happy ending.

In other words: YOU'RE AWESOME! MONADOS FOR EVERYONE!

Last edited:

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
I honestly think Shulk fans and Xenoblade fans in general are some of the most calm and patient fanbase out there. I remember three years ago (gosh time flies...) when Nintendo posted on twitter and facebook they had no plans to release Xenoblade over here and I was furious. The same night I went onto IGN's fourm (that's where OPrainfal started) expecting everyone to be on suicide watch, and yet everyone was calmy figuring out what to do next. From then till Xenoblade's release I was a regular at OPrainfall and you've never seen such a polite group of people. And I think it translate over to this board. Maybe it's in our nature to be patient, since we've been through this before. And just like three years ago all this waiting and Juju edit (I can't explain that one) it'll have the same happy ending.

In other words: YOU'RE AWESOME! MONADOS FOR EVERYONE!
Spending hours searching for rainbow slugs and black liver beans taught us to be patient.
If we can tolerate those items, we can wait a little longer for Shulk's trailer.
But no seriously I love how calm everyone is and how accepting we were of Robin's awesome trailer.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
I think the biggest catalyst of the Shulk/Xenoblade fandom's patience is that Xenoblade was released after Brawl, so there isn't any ill-will towards Nintendo/Sakurai for skipping over Xenoblade for Smash unlike the characters that were ATs instead of playable like Isaac and Saki (this is NOT meant to be a burn towards fans of anyone, just making an example of series that had enough time to be repped, and that Xenoblade hasn't had a chance for repping until now.)

In addition, Xenoblade being released across the globe was the biggest breakthrough of the game's fandom, so I feel anything else after that (such as Shulk being confirmed for Smash) is really just icing on the best cake the bakery could ever concoct.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

Tried my best to hide the naughty bits, so please don't kill me if I missed something. Also, yes, this is my new sig, so get used to seeing it a lot. Haha.
Wait...
Doesn't that painting have God in it, who you've replaced with Sakurai?
This image from @ SkittleE SkittleE is looking a lot more fitting suddenly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom