• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
I do believe that there are monsters, so they need to defend themselves. Can Shulk still use his Replica Monados? Or can he summon the Monado III at will? Fiora with two giant knives helps.

And yes, the armor's for fighting. At least, that's it's intended use. Shulk, no ideas. And wouldn't ShulkXMonado (Shulknado?) be selfcest or ShulkXAlvis?
I think he can summon Monado III at will, but he probably lost that when he gave up god status. Replica Monados are still a thing. Giant knives always help. Although, would there be monsters since they left Bionis? I feel like Shulk would make a world with regular, edible animals.

Shulk loves them machines. Not selfcest. Alvis: "I am Monado". And Zanza is in the Monado too. It's actually a three-way pairing.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
So I mentioned quite a while back that we needed an event where Shulk fights Palutena and Rosalina, and it needed to be labeled "Create a world with no need for gods!" Now that we have Robin, AKA Grima's vessel, they should definitely be in this event too. But... With Shulk, as part of the whole "LOL TIME TO KILL US SOME GODS!!!" thing or against Shulk, since Robin is also technically a god?

...Wait. If we get Shulk too, the Smash universe will have 5 characters who are either currently gods or were once gods. O.o

Rosalina, Palutena, Robin, Shulk, and of course, the true god of the Nintendo-verse, Captain Falcon. I guess I'm just rambling a bit.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So I mentioned quite a while back that we needed an event where Shulk fights Palutena and Rosalina, and it needed to be labeled "Create a world with no need for gods!" Now that we have Robin, AKA Grima's vessel, they should definitely be in this event too. But... With Shulk, as part of the whole "LOL TIME TO KILL US SOME GODS!!!" thing or against Shulk, since Robin is also technically a god?

...Wait. If we get Shulk too, the Smash universe will have 5 characters who are either currently gods or were once gods. O.o

Rosalina, Palutena, Robin, Shulk, and of course, the true god of the Nintendo-verse, Captain Falcon. I guess I'm just rambling a bit.
Let's face it we need an event like this...
Or one that entitles Falcon to Spam Falcon Pawnches.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains

He needs dat Monado III to kill some gods. Please, Sakurai?

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
If the theory of Pit and the gods from Uprising taking over Snake's codecs actually happens, we definitely need one for Shulk where Palutena, Viridi and Hades start freaking out when Pit asks them about him.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If the theory of Pit and the gods from Uprising taking over Snake's codecs actually happens, we definitely need one for Shulk where Palutena, Viridi and Hades start freaking out when Pit asks them about him.
If Snake's not in that is...

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well, Fox had that call his friends things and so did Snake. Can't see why we need Snake to be cut to add one more of those things.
He just stated taking over his codecs so I assumed he meant replaced honest mistake.
I am honestly only hoping for Snake and Shulk at this point in time.
If Takamaru gets announced also this would be the best Smash ever.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
He just stated taking over his codecs so I assumed he meant replaced honest mistake.
I am honestly only hoping for Snake and Shulk at this point in time.
If Takamaru gets announced also this would be the best Smash ever.
Snake seems unlikely at this point due to Pacman, so I wouldn't expect him too heavily. Nice if he shows up, but otherwise won't be mad if he doesn't.

I know literally nothing about Takamaru.

I think smash needs nightmare fuel DK and Shulk.

Edit: I'll just leave this here for when the rest of the regulars wake up. Should be fun.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Snake seems unlikely at this point due to Pacman, so I wouldn't expect him too heavily. Nice if he shows up, but otherwise won't be mad if he doesn't.

I know literally nothing about Takamaru.

I think smash needs nightmare fuel DK and Shulk.

Edit: I'll just leave this here for when the rest of the regulars wake up. Should be fun.
I want to love Pac-man but if he really does take Snake's spot I'll hate him.
On another note that's F'cking terrifying.
But let's get back on topic who's got a Shulk conversation that we HAVEN"T destroyed yet.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
But let's get back on topic who's got a Shulk conversation that we HAVEN"T destroyed yet.
It's more like Pacman, Mega Man, and Sonic just grabbed all the third-party spots first. They all fit into smash, so it isn't a problem, but... I dunno about Snake. Soul Calibur always switches out 3rd party fighters, so I'm partially used to that. Snake being swapped out doesn't affect me as much as it probably should.

I feel like Shulk conversations are dead for the night. At least for me. I'm going to sleep. Night, guys.

TTrain

Official Terminator Train
NNID
ThomasTerminator
3DS FC
4613-7026-8628
This. That would be hilarious...
Riki AT confirmed?
^This.

(BTW guys, I think I changed my future .____.

Someone told me that I would never find the credentials for my old account that I lost long ago...

I woke up to my girlfriend throwing our Xenoblade case, asking me where the game is...and I shouted...

"THE FUTURE IS MINE TO CONTROL!"

and from there, I found the game inside the Wii that we barely use and I found my stuff for my old account.)

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
To be totally honest, I'd almost be surprised if Shulk's trailer didn't at least for one second make an attempt to make us think Riki was playable.

It would be the best if Riki even got his own tagline.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Conversation that has yet to be destroyed.....hmmmm...

Minor Character spoilers:

I find it interesting how Riki is the only character without some sort of rival or personal conflict, unless you count debt, in the story. Naturally not every character has to have one, but it does at times make him seem less important.

Also, does anyone know the name of the song where you

fight the spirit bosses? Is it just me or is difficult to find? And the final area in space if possible, which was a pleasant surprise. Thanks.
Edit: Got it thanks to darkwaluigi-

What do you guys think of that song? I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned.

Last edited:

TTrain

NNID
ThomasTerminator
3DS FC
4613-7026-8628
Look up "Into the World of Xanthe". I would link it in a spoiler, but I don't have 10 posts yet .___.
\

^This should help a bit for you sir.

Last edited:

Makrrrrrr

Smash Apprentice
Damn. I love it that this thread is still super active and hard to keep up! Just goes to show that we don't need no leaks for hype!

Anyway, Dream Xenoblade representation in Smash:

Playable Character: Shulk
Final Smash: Reyn and Dunban Chain Attack
Assist Trophy: Riki
Items: Sharla's rifle and Melia's staff
Stage: Junks cruising along Bionis and Mechonis ala Pilotwings
Stage Boss: Face Nemesis

Everyone in the party represented! :)
Thoughts?

TTrain

NNID
ThomasTerminator
3DS FC
4613-7026-8628
Damn. I love it that this thread is still super active and hard to keep up! Just goes to show that we don't need no leaks for hype!

Thoughts?
If Xenoblade were to get that much representation, I think that would be awesome :D

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Aside from accents, I'm still wondering if the main character is really going to be completely silent or not. Aside from in battle grunts and what not, the main character hasn't spoken. It's possible that despite being a customized character, they can still have a voice to go with the story. (Think Mass Effect.)

On the other hand, if the character is silent... I wonder if they are going to give us text choices to make for our character to reply with... or if it's going to be the type of silent character that just blankly stares into space and never says anything through text or otherwise. I'll admit I'd be disappointed then. I'd probably stick my character somewhere once I got enough members to switch the character out and pretend they don't exist, lol.
That's my one worry with it. You were never forced to play as Shulk once your fourth party member joined you, but he was still important to the story. If the MC in XCX is completely silent, you can just not use him, and he'll have little to no impact on the story or cutscenes.
"Elma, who's that guy who never talks"
"Oh, that's just our corpse friend"
I have faith in Monolith though. I think they'll at least do a decent job with it. Heck, just give the MC visions for no reason so we at least have that awesome mechanic back.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains

Thoughts?
Item: Punching Bag Juju
Item: Juju's Buggy
Item: Gadolt's Rifle
Riki's Assist Trophy effect: Nopon Volleyball.

...:troll:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Conversation that has yet to be destroyed.....hmmmm...

Minor Character spoilers:

I find it interesting how Riki is the only character without some sort of rival or personal conflict, unless you count debt, in the story. Naturally not every character has to have one, but it does at times make him seem less important.

Also, does anyone know the name of the song where you

fight the spirit bosses? Is it just me or is difficult to find? And the final area in space if possible, which was a pleasant surprise. Thanks.
Edit: Got it thanks to darkwaluigi-

What do you guys think of that song? I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned.
Sounds it will be perfect for a boss battle

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Just wanted to let you guys know that I have quite the headache today (my week has been kinda terrible apart from this thread) so I'm not gonna post quite as much.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Just wanted to let you guys know that I have quite the headache today (my week has been kinda terrible apart from this thread) so I'm not gonna post quite as much.
I'll be gone for the majority of the day, so I probably won't post much either.

And hey, I'm glad we can make your week better, man.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Don't worry, it's okay. Take care of yourself, and we hope you feel better.

In the meantime, I'm educating an uncultured swine over on Serebii that's stupid enough to believe that Shulk won't get in because of the number of swordfighters.

Last edited:

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Don't worry, it's okay. Take care of yourself, and we hope you feel better.

In the meantime, I'm educating an uncultured swine over on Serebii that's stupid enough to believe that Shulk won't get in because of the number of swordfighters.
Shulks' not a swordfighter.

He's a Monado fighter.
Super fighting Monado-user~
Shulk the man!
FIGHTING TO SAVE THE WORLD FUTURE!

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
... I'm not sure I'm following this threads subjects today.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
... I'm not sure I'm following this threads subjects today.
There's no earthly way of knowing
Which direction we are going.
There's no knowing what we're posting
Or which way the thread's flowing.
Is it raining?
Is it snowing?
Is a hurricane a blowing?

Not a speck of light is showing
so the danger must be growing.
Are the fires of hell a glowing?
Is the grisly reaper mowing?
Yes! The danger must be growing
For the posters keep on posting.
And they're certainly not showing
any signs that they are slowing!

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
I think he can summon Monado III at will, but he probably lost that when he gave up god status. Replica Monados are still a thing. Giant knives always help. Although, would there be monsters since they left Bionis? I feel like Shulk would make a world with regular, edible animals.

Shulk loves them machines. Not selfcest. Alvis: "I am Monado". And Zanza is in the Monado too. It's actually a three-way pairing.
In a way, I don't believe they left the Bionis entirely. At the very end of the game when the camera zooms out to let you see where they are at, you can actually see pieces of the Bionis sticking up out of the water.

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
By all means, take a break. Chances are you won't miss much since the thread has become awfully quiet after the slight derailment of the hype train

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522

We can have Shulk vs Palutena and Rosalina for the single player event, and have Shulk and Robin vs Palutena and Rosalina as the multiplayer variant (assuming events work similar to how they did in Brawl).

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
In a way, I don't believe they left the Bionis entirely. At the very end of the game when the camera zooms out to let you see where they are at, you can actually see pieces of the Bionis sticking up out of the water.
The ending kind of implies that now there is land outside of the Bionis. According to a book mentioned earlier in this thread, the ending takes place six months after the end. Meaning that they built a new colony using resources from the Bionis, just like they did for Colony 6. Now, with land mass around outside the Bionis, what kind of wildlife now inhabits it? That's my question. Or did Shulk just decide they could bring animals/monsters from Bionis? Plus, it also implies that they are going to leave the Bionis entirely and explore the rest of the uncharted world.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom