• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Anyone notice the reply he got?

@sogorukyo 一月送ったプレゼントに書いたモナドの絵、覚えていますか?
Picture of monado wrote a present that sent in January, do you remember?

He responded to that with:
@Rimi_KOS_MOS もちろんです!ありがとうございます!
@Rimi_KOS_MOS Yes, of course! Thank you!

I think he just acknowledged that picture of the Monado that Sakurai tweeted out, but I'm not positive.

Can you translate, @ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom ?
It doesn't mean anything one way or another. Sakurai even stated if I recall that he was going to cut back on tweeting because everyone will assume it has something to do with Smash Bros.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Anyone notice the reply he got?

@sogorukyo 一月送ったプレゼントに書いたモナドの絵、覚えていますか?
Picture of monado wrote a present that sent in January, do you remember?

He responded to that with:
@Rimi_KOS_MOS もちろんです!ありがとうございます!
@Rimi_KOS_MOS Yes, of course! Thank you!

I think he just acknowledged that picture of the Monado that Sakurai tweeted out, but I'm not positive.

Can you translate, @ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom ?
It's not much to go from

Do you remember the Monado, the present you wrote about in January?

Of course, (I remember it)! Thank you!

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
I'm gonna go ahead and lower my expectations and say that he's not gonna be confirmed tomorrow. If he isn't, then expectations were met and not too many sads. If he is confirmed, then yay, I was wrong. It's a win-win situation.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I think he will be confirmed tomorrow.

X is a big Nintendo release, Shulk can probably advertise it.
He's a well wanted character regardless and putting him in Smash will really bring interest to Xenoblade, which should probably happen soon since again, X.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm cautiously optimistic. I think his chances of getting revealed are 50/50... just so that I won't be too disappointed if he doesn't get revealed.
Pac-Man is a given, but I think that Palutena and Chrom are the ones who will get in his way of being revealed. Hopefully I'm wrong!
COME ON, SAKURAI!

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
JUST BEAT XENOBLADE IN TIME FOR E3. THAT ENDING THOUGH. THAT FINAL BOSS FIGHT. SO GOOD. GIMME DAT SHULK LATER TODAY!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's the hype demon, here to take the sleep away!

This was posted in the E3 thread, might help:

Also, speaking of sleep, and if you want a laugh, I've been imagining how annoying it would've been to be Shulk with the Monado, and try to go to sleep. You'd lie there and have visions of waking up. Or if you're making toast, just visions of the toast being ready.

:lol:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm cautiously optimistic. I think his chances of getting revealed are 50/50... just so that I won't be too disappointed if he doesn't get revealed.
Pac-Man is a given, but I think that Palutena and Chrom are the ones who will get in his way of being revealed. Hopefully I'm wrong!
COME ON, SAKURAI!
I can't see Chrom being announced today. That would mean there would be no secret Fire Emblem character for launch. (I really don't see Fire Emblem getting 4 reps)

GloriousV

Smash Cadet
Yeah I have to agree that Chrom would be a secret character. Smash 4 has already revealed a lot of representation for Fire Emblem, so I rather they revealed a complete unnattached new character or a character most people really really want, which Chrom is neither.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Last night when I also couldn't sleep (lawl) , I thought about the smash reveals. There is definitely going to be a third party rep shown. I'm guessing Pac-Man. Contrary to popular belief, I still think Snake is in simply because he was in Brawl due to a personal request from Kojima. Despite Palutena being a shoe in for the game, I think she may not be shown yet and the same goes for a FE character. My only reasoning for this is that they don't tie into upcoming releases where as newcomers such as Shulk and... well I can't think of another newcomer tie in, but I'm sure there can easily be one since Nintendo has to have a few surprise game announcements today.

Basically, I'm just be acting too hopeful since I want Shulk the most. The past E3 characters had no tie ins and it can be argued that they weren't even the most hype worthy (barring Mega Man). I guess they just carried mass appeal. With the minimum three reveals (although there should be more):

-Ridley can satisfy the West (yeah I still believe he has a chance despite Shadow the hedgehog)
-Pac Man can appeal to all the legacy gamers (Plus MM, Sonic, Mario, Pac Man is undeniably awesome)
-Shulk can appease the world (and everyone wins)

I need something to do for these next 5 hours instead of typing long forum posts.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't think E3 newcomer reveals need to "tie in" with anything, E3 is enough of a reason by itself. They're just there to bring in the hype.

yoonb

Smash Journeyman
Man, I tried to stay up late last night so I could wake up right before the conference.

It's only about 10 minutes past 7 in Chicago. This hype is making me way too excited.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I don't think E3 newcomer reveals need to "tie in" with anything, E3 is enough of a reason by itself. They're just there to bring in the hype.
You're 100% correct. I was just conjuring up some false reasons for Shulk to appear to pass some time

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
I also couldn't sleep for a while. I only got like 2 hours of sleep and I'm not the least bit tired. Just too excited.

D

Deleted member

I had trouble sleeping last night as well...
I'm just frightened! This can be it! Hell, I beat the final boss again to hype myself for this and X!
I just want to say, if Shulk gets confirmed, it's been an incredible journey. I will have more to say in the event that we see the Monado Boy.

yoonb

Smash Journeyman
Looks like Palutena is coming today. With Mii and Palutena, Shulk is looking good right now because of the Sal leak.

D

Deleted member

Xenoblade Chronicles: X (and I guess Palutena) were the best parts of the whole thing.

I think that Shulk benefited from this.

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
I am inclined to believe that Xenoblade Chronicles X at least takes place in the same universe as the first game, since there was that Nopon at the end there.

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
That Xenoblade X trailer was amazing! But I don't think Shulk is in it, so I hope the voice actor was actually talking about SSB4.

Severn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-4772-7152
The new X Trailer looks great. I think it's in the same world since it does have that nopon in it. I don't think any of the old characters will be in it, it looks way to futuristic for all of that to happen in the lifespan of the characters.

But it all looks good for Shulk though.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Palutena down...now I just need Shulk. I wonder if Monolith will talk about the game during E3

D

Deleted member

I wish that the Invitational would reveal one more character... of course, that being Shulk. There's a slim chance of it happening though.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Man, with X now called Xenoblade Chronicles X, looks like Nintendo really wants to expand Xenoblade series, this really gets my hopes up about Shulk representing the franchise.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, Xenoblade Chronicles X looked pretty good. I thought I saw characters from the first game but I guess I was wrong. Granted, wasn't the first game on one planet? This game goes back to the concept of Xenosaga, so its probably many many years in the future of Xenoblade.

yoonb

Smash Journeyman
Well, Xenoblade Chronicles X looked pretty good. I thought I saw characters from the first game but I guess I was wrong. Granted, wasn't the first game on one planet? This game goes back to the concept of Xenosaga, so its probably many many years in the future of Xenoblade.
I did see a girl who looked like Shulk and a guy who resembled Reyn. That's just me, though. Another character gave me that Dunban feel, also.

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
Was anyone else expecting Shulk to come in and fight the god at the end of the Palutena vid? :|

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
The new X Trailer looks great. I think it's in the same world since it does have that nopon in it. I don't think any of the old characters will be in it, it looks way to futuristic for all of that to happen in the lifespan of the characters.
Except Melia. Old lady Melia confirmed.

D

Deleted member

Was anyone else expecting Shulk to come in and fight the god at the end of the Palutena vid? :|
That would have been hype. I mean, seeing Shulk come in just to fight another god while wielding a sword that basically KILLS gods? I would have loved that.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I now have no reasons to not believe Sal Romano, so yay, Shulk confirmed. Can't wait for his reveal trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom