• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I don't consider Shulk to be "all but confirmed," but the trailer helps him definitely.

As for the Sal Romano/Gematsu leak, I don't think that anything has changed. Palutena was pretty much a shoo-in, so she doesn't really help Shulk as well as Pac-Man, Chrom, and Chorus Men.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I don't consider Shulk to be "all but confirmed," but the trailer helps him definitely.

As for the Sal Romano/Gematsu leak, I don't think that anything has changed. Palutena was pretty much a shoo-in, so she doesn't really help Shulk as well as Pac-Man, Chrom, and Chorus Men.
You're forgetting Mii Fighter, which he "leaked". One could say Miis are also an easy guess, but when you consider that he leaked Miis, Wii Fit Trainer, Greninja (as a Pokémon from X&Y, which sounds kind of fishy, I admit), as well as Little Mac, it is hard to not give him credit. I don't care if his leak is right or not, I think Shulk always had high chances of being Smash, but I can't help but feel that he is "all but confirmed" at this point.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721

I think the fact that the guy got it specifically as Mii Fighter(s) is worth a mention.

I'd say Shulk's in a good place, to be honest.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Agree, and Pac-Man not appearing in the Digital Event is what's weird. That'd be the IDEAL time to show him off, but they didn't. Why? Its clear he's got some info, but he leaked that literally right before the event (so he could've just see the trailer early or something).

We'll have to see. If Chrom or Pac-Man are revealed at E3 (or better yet, Chorus Men), I'll say the leak is safely proven.

Oh, and I think Ganondorf and Wario were inadvertently confirmed to return, as all of the figures in the Digital Event were from Smash Bros.

D

Deleted member

You're forgetting Mii Fighter, which he "leaked". One could say Miis are also an easy guess, but when you consider that he leaked Miis, Wii Fit Trainer, Greninja (as a Pokémon from X&Y, which sounds kind of fishy, I admit), as well as Little Mac, it is hard to not give him credit. I don't care if his leak is right or not, I think Shulk always had high chances of being Smash, but I can't help but feel that he is "all but confirmed" at this point.
I thought that he just said "Miis." It's impressive that he got WFT right (who can really predict that?), but I have to leave open to the possibility that there is a chance that Shulk might not make it. Still, I think that he has amazing chances. If there is one thing going for him, it's his merits and he has a lot of them.
For the record, I lean more towards the Gematsu leak being real.

I think the fact that the guy got it specifically as Mii Fighter(s) is worth a mention.

I'd say Shulk's in a good place, to be honest.
Shulk has always been in a good place. As time goes on, his chances just increase! Just as we saw today! The Incredible Shulk becomes more Incredible.

Agree, and Pac-Man not appearing in the Digital Event is what's weird. That'd be the IDEAL time to show him off, but they didn't. Why? Its clear he's got some info, but he leaked that literally right before the event (so he could've just see the trailer early or something).

We'll have to see. If Chrom or Pac-Man are revealed at E3 (or better yet, Chorus Men), I'll say the leak is safely proven.

Oh, and I think Ganondorf and Wario were inadvertently confirmed to return, as all of the figures in the Digital Event were from Smash Bros.
I was perplexed as to why Pac-Man wasn't confirmed. I mean, it's E3 and he's a 3rd party character; you think that they would reveal him to hype people.
I guess we'll see at the invitational. We might get a surprise reveal. If Chorus Men are confirmed, I think that the leak is 100% real.

I was surprised that Wario and Ganondorf weren't confirmed in some sort of trailer. But hey, at least the animation helped some more!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I thought that he just said "Miis." It's impressive that he got WFT right (who can really predict that?), but I have to leave open to the possibility that there is a chance that Shulk might not make it. Still, I think that he has amazing chances. If there is one thing going for him, it's his merits and he has a lot of them.
For the record, I lean more towards the Gematsu leak being real.

Shulk has always been in a good place. As time goes on, his chances just increase! Just as we saw today! The Incredible Shulk becomes more Incredible.

I was perplexed as to why Pac-Man wasn't confirmed. I mean, it's E3 and he's a 3rd party character; you think that they would reveal him to hype people.
I guess we'll see at the invitational. We might get a surprise reveal. If Chorus Men are confirmed, I think that the leak is 100% real.

I was surprised that Wario and Ganondorf weren't confirmed in some sort of trailer. But hey, at least the animation helped some more!
Pac-Man not being confirmed makes me happy, but yeah, Wario and Ganondorf will probably be officially announced later. There's a chance Shulk isn't in, but I highly doubt it at this point in time. I do believe Sal Romano's leaker has some info at this point... but it doesn't mean its entirely accurate.

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, if it is in the future Melia might still be around due to her extended lifespan. Kind of sad for her though... outliving all of the new friends that she made.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Yeah, if it is in the future Melia might still be around due to her extended lifespan. Kind of sad for her though... outliving all of the new friends that she made.
Poor girl never gets a break.

But guys, as for Sal Romano, you're forgetting that it's two separate leaks, with nothing linking them besides his say so. The first leak is 5 for 6, so despite the obviousness of some characters, that can be believed, sure. But the second one only got Palutena. It also got "Pokemon from X and Y," but that could have been Mega-Lucario, which literally everyone expected. I'll admit the first leak has me convinced, but I still doubt the second leak.

That being said, the fact that Xenoblade Chronicles X is a sequel to Shulk's game means nothing but good things for him! Come on, Shulk! Hopefully we'll see him in the Smash Direct tonight!

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
Poor girl never gets a break.

But guys, as for Sal Romano, you're forgetting that it's two separate leaks, with nothing linking them besides his say so. The first leak is 5 for 6, so despite the obviousness of some characters, that can be believed, sure. But the second one only got Palutena. It also got "Pokemon from X and Y," but that could have been Mega-Lucario, which literally everyone expected. I'll admit the first leak has me convinced, but I still doubt the second leak.

That being said, the fact that Xenoblade Chronicles X is a sequel to Shulk's game means nothing but good things for him! Come on, Shulk! Hopefully we'll see him in the Smash Direct tonight!
Wait... there's a Smash Direct tonight? Don't you mean the invitational?

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
Also looks like Sal was right about Mii's being called "Mii Fighters". So, lends a bit more credit to his leak.

Edit: Xenoblade X coming up on Treehouse stream.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Look, Sal getting Mii Fighter exactly correct is pretty much indisputable proof at this point. Thankfully, he also confirmed DLC in the same leak, so even though Shulk and Palutena were the only characters I gave major ****s about left, I can still have hope for others.

Still, PLEASE let Shulk be shown tonight. Either at the Invitational or Roundtable (That one seems...unlikely.) I really don't want ****ing Pac-Man to be the only likely one.

Xenoblade is on everyone's mind right now. Let's goooooo!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Look, Sal getting Mii Fighter exactly correct is pretty much indisputable proof at this point. Thankfully, he also confirmed DLC in the same leak, so even though Shulk and Palutena were the only characters I gave major ****s about left, I can still have hope for others.

Still, PLEASE let Shulk be shown tonight. Either at the Invitational or Roundtable (That one seems...unlikely.) I really don't want ****ing Pac-Man to be the only likely one.

Xenoblade is on everyone's mind right now. Let's goooooo!
Not all of his information has been completely accurate, though. There's been a ton of things that haven't been exact. Yeah, he's got info, but its not all accurate. (I'd be surprise if Shulk doesn't make it at this point, though.)

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Until i dont see Pac-Man, Shulk and Chorus Man, im not going to believe in this leak at all, also this "leak" if you think that it deserves that name:

1. Made lazy predictions: "a Pokemon feom X&Y" but what is that? that can be considered a leak.
2. Predicable newcomers...
3. Failed predictions.
4. Didnt predicted some characters.
5. Does not give any more details about the game, just a list of names...

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Watching X on Tree House....soooooooooo good. Graphics are still great, except for the character models..... again. I wonder how it might be connected to Xenoblade Wii.

D

Deleted member

I should mention that I am currently watching the stream and the gameplay looks very similar.
The story is that you crash landed on an alien planet and you need to find survivors. There are still Arts and whatnot and you can now do ranged attacks and physical attacks. This means that you can slash with a sword and then shoot with a gun from a distance!
I should mention that the protagonist in the game is customizable, not Shulk. This means that the "Shulk look-alike" from last year could have been the customizable character.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Watching X on Tree House....soooooooooo good. Graphics are still great, except for the character models..... again. I wonder how it might be connected to Xenoblade Wii.
I dont know why, but i think that the universe of X is a partial recreation of the universe that existed before the universe of Xenoblade Wii.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I dont know why, but i think that the universe of X is a partial recreation of the universe that existed before the universe of Xenoblade Wii.
It's possible. Watching the game play and the game starts with you waking up on an alien planet after your ship crashes. Even though you come from Earth, we know that Nopon are in the game. If Nopon are native to this planet..... well.

This planet could actually be the world that was created from the remains of the Bionis and Mechonis at the end of Xenoblade. We don't know what happened to the rest of the universe when Shulk hit the reboot button, so Earth could have easily been recreated else where .

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
It's possible. Watching the game play and the game starts with you waking up on an alien planet after your ship crashes. Even though you come from Earth, we know that Nopon are in the game. If Nopon are native to this planet..... well.

This planet could actually be the world that was created from the remains of the Bionis and Mechonis at the end of Xenoblade. We don't know what happened to the rest of the universe when Shulk hit the reboot button, so Earth could have easily been recreated else where .
I do think that the humans shown in X are not the Homs of Wii (Homs are based on those though), after the end of Xenoblade, the original humans and many other species were recreated (those who Zanza just erased). We see something considerable of this, the X universe seems to be pretty agressive (wars). This makes me think that perhaps, Zanza intended to change the universe to stop wars but at some point power corrupted him.
Ok too much speculation.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Even ignoring the Sal leak (which mentioned Miis Fighter specifically), just knowing that the new X game is a new Xenoblade Chronicles game strengthens Shulk even more. Shulk now originates from a series, not just one single game.

Plus E3 isn't over yet, there may be WFT style reveals to come.

Last edited:

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
I'm convinced we're getting another newcomer today/before the invitational ends. The official Smash site hasn't updated to have Palutena's or Mii's own pages. They're probably waiting for the other newcomer(s) to be revealed first.
Or maybe they haven't updated it just because. Maybe that.

Edit:Wait, no, they do. Just not on the front page. Opps.

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
I'm convinced we're getting another newcomer today/before the invitational ends. The official Smash site hasn't updated to have Palutena's or Mii's own pages. They're probably waiting for the other newcomer(s) to be revealed first.
Or maybe they haven't updated it just because. Maybe that.

Edit:Wait, no, they do. Just not on the front page. Opps.
I do expect a last reveal during the invitational tournament too.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
In fairness, Mii was a popular candidate. Pac-Man and Chorus Men will help more. Given, it does support it because the characters announced were in line with it. I'd say be on the look out for if the there is a character not on the list.

Also, how about that Xenoblade for Wii U.

D

Deleted member

Thinking about it... I think the leak is real. I think that there is a chance of it not happening, but I think it's real.

Also, how about that Xenoblade for Wii U.
It looks absolutely incredible and I am hyped for the game. This was definitely the best thing that came from E3 this year in my eyes.
In terms of Smash... it strengths Shulk. One of his old arguments was that he "didn't come from a series." Now he does.

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
Pacman was confirmed via GameXplain Twitter at the roundtable conference! Yet another one for the Sal leak. Come on SHULK!

https://twitter.com/GameXplain

Edit: Turns out that the roster was decided before the game was even in development (including Greninja, which was only basic concept art at the time since X and Y were barely starting up.)

As I said in the other thread....

"Learning that they were working with Greninja when he was just concept art makes me believe the Sal leak even more, actually. Got to wonder if Greninja already had a name, or if Sal's leaker had gotten the information before a Pokemon was chosen or if they even had names.

My next soon-to-be-published novel is almost done being written... and I still haven't come up with a name for it yet. I hate coming up with names sometimes. Also, the concept art could explain why it wasn't more descriptive. Concept art can change appearance by quite a bit, by the time they reach the final product. (Frog-like Ninja. Who knows what the original concept art was like.)"

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I do definitely find it note worthy that the ONLY newcomers we've gotten have been those that Sal mentioned. It gives me great hope for Shulk, but in my opinion all the ones he's said since WFT have been pretty easy picks.

Ooops, that was meant for the Sal thread, but I guess it fits here enough. Personally I'm actually a bit more skeptical about Shulk's odds of being revealed by the end of E3, but maybe there will be some more Monolith talk tomorrow during which he'll be mentioned.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
In terms of smash Bros (for me), the only good news so far is the strengthening of Shulks position. I could really take or leave Miis, Palutena and Pacman.

D

Deleted member

At the end of all of this, Shulk heavily benefited from this (as well as Chrom and Chorus Men). What we have is:
  • The death of the argument that he doesn't come from a series. Xenoblade Chronicles is now going to be an established Nintendo series.
  • Sal's leak is definitely real in my eyes. He accurately called the Miis "Mii Fighters" and Greninja was simply known as "Pokemon from X and Y" before the roster was decided.
The former point helps, but the latter point makes me believe that he's a shoo-in now! I hope that we somehow see him today. If not, then we have to wait for two more months...

D

Deleted member

Just realized Shulk is now #1 in chance and #3 in want in the RTC thread. 0_o
I know! My mind was blown!
Eventually, he will have to engage in Title Defense Mode as Chrom and Chorus Men (mostly Chrom) are going to compete for the title of #1 in chance.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Y'know, I've never played Xenoblade, but Shulk definitely seems like an interesting and unique character. So hell yeah I'll support him for Smash 4. And the E3 reveals only help his chances. Depending on his play-style, I could see myself maining him, too. But I really should try getting a copy of Xenoblade first...I'd feel bad playing a character I don't know that well (and besides, Xenoblade looks like a lot of fun).

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
It appears that every character has 3 spin off special moves for each special move. (B, side B, Down B, up B.) EXCEPT for Mii Fighters and Palutena, who have completely different moves instead of spin off moves. I'm pretty sure Shulk would have completely unique moves rather than spin off ones as well. :p

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I can definitely see Shulk's custom specials being various arts. I'm guessing the next newcomer will most likely be revealed in an August direct, unless they somehow throw in a surprise character in the rest of E3.

Any idea what Shulk's VA was referring to with his tweet? I'm expecting more connections between Xenoblade and Xenoblade X like Riki appearing in the end (well I wanted it to be him)

I loved the trailer for X. The only problem was the new release date of 2015. I'll get over that quickly though. Besides the gameplay, everything else seemed very foreign when compared to the first game. Worst part of E3 is seeing all of this great stuff then having to wait to play it.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
welp looks like the Shulk-meister will likely get to duke it out with our boy Pac-Man and the others in Smash 4. Sal was right, just like I thought. Now, three more confirmations for newcomers. Add in Takamaru, K. Rool, and Mewtwo and the ideal newcomer cast is complete.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
I can definitely see Shulk's custom specials being various arts. I'm guessing the next newcomer will most likely be revealed in an August direct, unless they somehow throw in a surprise character in the rest of E3.

Any idea what Shulk's VA was referring to with his tweet? I'm expecting more connections between Xenoblade and Xenoblade X like Riki appearing in the end (well I wanted it to be him)
Isn't that Nopon called Tatsu? Also I hope the High entia will make an appearance to in this game

Last edited:

yoonb

Smash Journeyman
Isn't that Nopon called Tatsu? Also I hope the High entia will make an appearance to in this game
I'm pretty sure it was Tatsu, also. I don't think we'll see any appearances from the main cast of the first Xenoblade game other than maybe Melia. At most, they'll be mentioned. I could see the same for the Monado.

And I can't be the only one, I'm a little bummed that it seems like the protagonist is a silent one.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I'm pretty sure it was Tatsu, also. I don't think we'll see any appearances from the main cast of the first Xenoblade game other than maybe Melia. At most, they'll be mentioned. I could see the same for the Monado.

And I can't be the only one, I'm a little bummed that it seems like the protagonist is a silent one.
Yeah, the protagonist was a tad disappointing. I'm not really a fan of customizing their appearance. A silent protagonist is more Nintendo like and would definitely be an unfortunate change. I still have high hopes for the game, but the protagonist may not live up to Shulk if he isn't fleshed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom