• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
It could be that Shulk isn't playable, but is an AT, and Sakurai isn't showing anything Xenoblade related that would confirm this because he's afraid of the backlash from the Xenoblade fanbase. The same reason's why he isn't confirming Ridley as a Boss or showing Issac as an AT. Sounds a bit silly though, and I hope it isn't the case.
I think Sakurai is pretty fearless especially with showing off Prince Sable and Takamaru, not to mention how much he joked about Waluigi being an assist and the trolling with Chrom. A lot of people were holding out for Skull Kid to be playable as well.

I can't imagine he's afraid of the backlash the Xenoblade fanbase could give him.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
What would Shulk's crowd cheer be?
"You will know our names! Shulk! You will know our names! Shulk"

I can't think of anything better....

Shulk Shulk he's our guy if he can't do it nobody can! S-H-U-L-K. Shulk! Woooooo! *girls giggling*

Somebody put Shulks head on Gary Oak.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
So I just came across this thread on NeoGAF, and I'm a little shocked.

383. [WII] Xenoblade Chronicles <RPG> (Nintendo) {2010.06.10} (¥6.800) - 18.096 / 214.815 <110,82%> (408.664)
The numbers in parenthesis are the total sales new and used together, and the ones in bold are the amount of used copies sold only. Subtract the total sales to the used copies sold, and you get 193,849 copies sold brand new. Just man, I'm a little surprised how there were more used copies sold than new, especially since the game's not that rare in Japan compared to the Americas. And to think that Xenoblade was downloaded nearly a million times... and then IGN stepped in.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Look above you.
*Le sigh* Yeah, I realized that right after I posted. Woe is me.
So I just came across this thread on NeoGAF, and I'm a little shocked.

The numbers in parenthesis are the total sales new and used together, and the ones in bold are the amount of used copies sold only. Subtract the total sales to the used copies sold, and you get 193,849 copies sold brand new. Just man, I'm a little surprised how there were more used copies sold than new, especially since the game's not that rare in Japan compared to the Americas. And to think that Xenoblade was downloaded nearly a million times... and then IGN stepped in.

Aha

Ahahaha

Ahahahahahahaha

Oh, that's cute.

Oh man, they just keep coming. This will provide a lot of entertainment, I can tell.

Last edited:

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Yeeep, and they were wrong. While VGChartz isn't exactly accurate, it's safe to say that Xenoblade Chronicles has sold between 300,000 and 400,000 copies sold. I imagine it won't reach higher than that since all copies are pretty much used now.

But those used copies in Japan. Since it sold more than 400,000 copies, then more than 400,000 people have played it. 400,000 of them better buy the Xenoblade X, then. pls

Severn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-4772-7152
Can I ask what the whole thing with all your avatar pics having glasses is?

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Can I ask what the whole thing with all your avatar pics having glasses is?
The light of our awesomeness is so strong that if we were ever to remove our sunglasses, the rest of Smash Boards would go blind.
Actually it's just an inside joke that caught on surprisingly well.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Ohai Shulk thread.

I wasn't a Shulk supporter at any moment, but my brother caught me looking at this thread and recognized Shulk because he's watching an LP of Xenoblade Chronicles. He asked me to support him since it's the one character not called :snake: or :4littlemac: that he'd actually play.

So now I grant my support to Shulk, small as it is.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Ohai Shulk thread.

I wasn't a Shulk supporter at any moment, but my brother caught me looking at this thread and recognized Shulk because he's watching an LP of Xenoblade Chronicles. He asked me to support him since it's the one character not called :snake: or :4littlemac: that he'd actually play.

That LP wouldn't happen to be Chugga's, would it?
Regardless...
ONE OF US--
oops wrong thread

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ohai Shulk thread.

@BluePikmin11 another one to add to the support list!

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
So, if Shulk has interactions with a side character on his stage, like Snake's codec conversations, who would he talk to?
And what would some of his conversations be like?

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I have taught you well little giflings. Inform @BluePikmin11 when there are new supporters, because I am too lazy. I have taught you well indeed.

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
Yeeep, and they were wrong. While VGChartz isn't exactly accurate, it's safe to say that Xenoblade Chronicles has sold between 300,000 and 400,000 copies sold. I imagine it won't reach higher than that since all copies are pretty much used now.

But those used copies in Japan. Since it sold more than 400,000 copies, then more than 400,000 people have played it. 400,000 of them better buy the Xenoblade X, then. pls
They better.

I fear for Monolith soft's future, Xenoblade was their most successful since their foundation, but it seems alot of money have been put on Xenoblade X, and who knows if Nintendo is willing to market the game any further.

I actually want a Xenoblade X character in Smash 4, similar to Roy's situation (for marketing purposes)

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I'm surprised we've not turned all of smashbard into shades yet with our inside joke

TBuster222

Smash Rookie
Sigh..not even an announcement for a character reveal or direct and we have less than a month before the release of Smash Bros 3DS.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Sigh..not even an announcement for a character reveal or direct and we have less than a month before the release of Smash Bros 3DS.
have faith I'm 100% sure shulks gonna be the last one announced sinc eshulk is now the Japanese character they want now it would make since to have him last to hype the east up for launch and while I do think ridley is in the game I'm sure he's a hidden

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
There might be a new stage or veteran next week. The only reason we don't have any info on Shulk is that it would easily confirm Shulk.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
There might be a new stage or veteran next week. The only reason we don't have any info on Shulk is that it would easily confirm Shulk.
that's pretty much what I've been thinking too sakurai knows shulks highly wanted so if anything xenoblade was see it'd give it away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom