• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm surprised we've not turned all of smashbard into shades yet with our inside joke
I request someone with Photoshop to put shades on Fierce Deity Link.

On the subject of Shulk (you know, the actual topic of this thread), a small part of me wouldn't be suprised if he got the Chrom treatment and Riki were playable. I personally don't want it to happen, but it's a small possibility.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842

On the subject of Shulk (you know, the actual topic of this thread), a small part of me wouldn't be suprised if he got the Chrom treatment and Riki were playable. I personally don't want it to happen, but it's a small possibility.
shushhhhhhhh don't give him ideas

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172

I don't think we have to worry. Not to discredit Xenoblade, but in Fire Emblem there are a host of unique characters, and therefore, a wider selection to choose from. In Xenoblade, Shulk's uniqueness stands out from the rest of the cast. Riki can spit stuff and crack people over the head, but laser swords and visions of the future make him stand above the rest.

Last edited:

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman

Shades delivery here

And it would certainly be...interesting, if Riki got in over Shulk. I'm not sure how I would react to that. It's an infinitesimally small chance, though. I'd consider Riki to be more likely for an assist trophy than anything.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Shades delivery here

And it would certainly be...interesting, if Riki got in over Shulk. I'm not sure how I would react to that. It's an infinitesimally small chance, though. I'd consider Riki to be more likely for an assist trophy than anything.
Nevermind, decided I wasn't satisfied with those shades. Take these instead.

(There is a difference, I swear.)

domokl

Smash Lord
C'mon join! It's fun and makes me laugh.
#swag #treatyourself #MonadoMondayFunday #getonourlevel #thisismyfirstpostinlike2weeks
eh. you know what i guess ill try some shades. get a taste of the power:shades:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Heir to the Bronado. Shulk's Shades for SSB4!
Hero of Xenoshade Chronicles.

Anyway, not to get back on-topic, but I'm going to get back on-topic. Shulk's certainly going to be the Xenoblade rep if any, though it's anyone game for AT (provided Shulk's playable).

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hero of Xenoshade Chronicles.

Anyway, not to get back on-topic, but I'm going to get back on-topic. Shulk's certainly going to be the Xenoblade rep if any, though it's anyone game for AT (provided Shulk's playable).
I agree, believing that there is even a small chance it's going to be a different character is silly. I'm looking at you @KingBro1.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
eh. you know what i guess ill try some shades. get a taste of the power:shades:

Monado Shades!
Eh everybody I hang with is asleep so I decided to take a crack at it. It's subtle because the picture is small, but I think it turned out okay. Oh gosh I'm off topic. Uhh… SHULK IS A PRETTY COOL GUY WHO DOESN'T AFRAID OF ANYTHING

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Man, Seven being playable would be so incredibly cool. I mean just really think about how that moveset would work in Smash. Holy ****.

Well, there's always DLC, assuming Shulk makes it first. Pls Samurai.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
*Le sigh* Yeah, I realized that right after I posted. Woe is me.

Aha

Ahahaha

Ahahahahahahaha

Oh, that's cute.

Oh man, they just keep coming. This will provide a lot of entertainment, I can tell.

This guy is hilarious.
Man what a bunch of Jokers, the believe that it will sale that poor? I bet they are hitting the heads against the wall right now.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
It could happen if Xenoblade gets the Fire Emblem treatment. In fact it's not that implausible. I'd give it… 50% chance
Or as a real shocker
Spoiler regarding a very cool Xenoblade Quest
"Bana Betrays in" & he asked Samus for a Monster egg, so he uses Ridley as his pet instead of that Pterix

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
If there is a Xenoblade rep, Shulk IS going to be that rep.

Aurablade

Smash Cadet
Yeah I don't think they'd put another rep than Shulk. It's like they'd put Peppy over Fox or Palutena over Pit. They can appear, but not alone. See Palutena.

On another topic, what music do you want to be Shulk's main theme ?
I am thinking about this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpZzMNz1BSk

Or "You Will Know Our Names"
But anyway, any Xenoblade related music will be amazing.

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I don't think they'd put another rep than Shulk. It's like they'd put Peppy over Fox or Palutena over Pit. They can appear, but not alone. See Palutena.

On another topic, what music do you want to be Shulk's main theme ?
I am thinking about this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpZzMNz1BSk

Or "You Will Know Our Names"
But anyway, any Xenoblade related music will be amazing.
I think it'll be the Gaur Plain music, cause it's the most well-known and recognisable track from the game. As someone whose interest in Xenoblade only comes from a Let's Play of the game, You Will Know Our Names and Mechanical Rhythm just sound like any old metal song.

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
I would love for Shulk to be playable now because that would open the road for other characters from Xenoblade and Xenoblade Chronicles X. Shulk could become the Marth of a Xenoblade series.
This was just a filler post because 400th page ftw!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The way I see the "Fire Emblem treatment" theory is

I don't necessarily think that one character will be replaced by another. That was pretty much only for Chrom because Sakurai couldn't think of a way to make him stand out, as I once mentioned. Rather; it's the fact that Fire Emblem now has 4 reps. I know Awakening saved the series from ending, but since KI also has 2 reps, I think Sakurai may be gauging by a series' fan base. So a 2nd Xenoblade rep (most likely Seven) is still quite possible.

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
WE do have to consider that likely if we are getting another Xenoblade Rep, its going to be a clone of someone. Really, I can't see seven being a clone of any of the current roster. And I don't think we know enough about X to start making assumptions. So who would it be considering this. I could see Dunban as a Marth clone, but that means a second Marth clone. Besides that all the rest of the party are too unique in weaponry, as far as I can think.

So, i think our best chance for second rep is an X rep, whitch could be literally anyone, since we know very little about characters.

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
WE do have to consider that likely if we are getting another Xenoblade Rep, its going to be a clone of someone. Really, I can't see seven being a clone of any of the current roster. And I don't think we know enough about X to start making assumptions. So who would it be considering this. I could see Dunban as a Marth clone, but that means a second Marth clone. Besides that all the rest of the party are too unique in weaponry, as far as I can think.

So, i think our best chance for second rep is an X rep, whitch could be literally anyone, since we know very little about characters.
Actually a really good point. I don't think we'll get a second Xenoblade rep, but I can see it happening if Xenoblade's #2 is a straight-up clone of someone else. Of the likely candidates, Dunban's the only one who can clone (but Marth already has Lucina doing that.)

Then again, we could get a completely unique character. It's not like any of us have any idea what goes on in Sakurai's head. Two newcomers would be a dream come true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom