• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
A Xenoblade remaster would be the best thing, though they would probably add more features lacking from the original. The Bionis Shoulder map becomes an extra dungeon, or part of the story, perhaps?

Actually, that's a good topic. What do you want in a remastered Xenoblade?
Well, the Bionis shoulder being added is certainly the first thing that comes to mind, but you already said that, so...hmm, well, this isn't too ambitions, but I'd really like to see the sun moving through the sky as the day progresses, same thing with the moon at night.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
They even show it in game... I'm not one to lie. It's a giant tease.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
yeah aside from a graphical and animation update and reincluding some of the stuff that didn't make it in I'm not sure what else Xenoblade could need to be better, other than, you know, a better release.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
And when Xenoblade chronicles HD comes out it will be sold out because Nintendo didn't make enough copies.:troll:

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
So, in terms of "tiers," where do you guys think Shulk will place? Personally, I think he'll steal Meta Knight's God tier away from him.
If he has this Talent Gauge gimmick like everyone suggests, definitely top 2 tiers for sure. I think we'll see ZSS and Pit up there as well, but if Shulk doesn't get the Talent Gauge (which I believe he won't) I think he'll be mid-tier alongside the all-rounders like Mario, Fox and Marth.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
So, in terms of "tiers," where do you guys think Shulk will place? Personally, I think he'll steal Meta Knight's God tier away from him.
I hope not I want to be able to play as his if I go to a tournament, I can't if he get banned.

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
Then the character revealed for Xenoblade turns out to be someone nobody has suspected yet.

It's Vangarre! Can you guess what his final smash is? That's right! He forces people to do press ups until their biceps EXPLODE! :troll:

Last edited:

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Not sure if this has been discussed, but this may help Shulk's odds if it's a remaster of Xenoblade.
1. A Nintendo Direct is announced.
2. Shows Shulk's reveal video along with other newcomers and veterans.
3. Announces Xenoblade Chronicles HD Remastered to be out a month before the release of Xenoblade Chronicles X.
4. ????
5. PROFIT!!!

Last edited:

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it would be great if Shulk was good enough for Tournaments, definitely would give the series as a whole more recognition.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Then the character revealed for Xenoblade turns out to be someone nobody has suspected yet.

It's Vangarre! Can you guess what his final smash is? That's right! He forces people to do press ups until their biceps EXPLODE! :troll:
Oh no exercise my worst Nightmare...NOOOOOO!

TBuster222

Smash Rookie
I dunno about you guys, but I just have a feeling that some video may be announced tomorrow to be shown next week, either a streamed trailer or (hopefully) another Smash Direct. I just have that intuition. If the latter is so then hello to my 3 wanted newcomers in my sig (I hope!)
The wait is killing me haha. There needs to be at least some announcement tomorrow (hopefully :/ )

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
First She Hulk, now Shrek? Shulk needs to change his name, this crap never happens to Sora:troll:
Because Sora's not interesting or topical enough :troll:

But on the topic of a remaster of Xenoblade, Bionis Shoulder is an obvious addition. I can't really think of many other additions, but there's one small thing I wanna see changed, and it's a spoiler for the very end of Xenoblade.
In the Monado Archives, it explains how Fiora got her Homs body back after the battle, but when you just finish the game you're probably left thinking "wait what". It's a small thing, but I feel like it should be explained in the game.

AncientBaby

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AncientBaby
3DS FC
4854-6493-8093

#squaretache4smash4

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
There is absolutely no way to accurately guess what tier Shulk would be in when we have no idea how he would actually play. He could be broken, or he could be unviable. We have no idea.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
There is absolutely no way to accurately guess what tier Shulk would be in when we have no idea how he would actually play. He could be broken, or he could be unviable. We have no idea.
This. All I know is that even if he's the bottom of the list, he's gonna be my main. Because I don't care about tiers. I just want to have fun (even if I do prefer "standard" tournament rules...I just don't care about tiers and winning tournaments).

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Because Sora's not interesting or topical enough :troll:

But on the topic of a remaster of Xenoblade, Bionis Shoulder is an obvious addition. I can't really think of many other additions, but there's one small thing I wanna see changed, and it's a spoiler for the very end of Xenoblade.
In the Monado Archives, it explains how Fiora got her Homs body back after the battle, but when you just finish the game you're probably left thinking "wait what". It's a small thing, but I feel like it should be explained in the game.
Probably the Bionis Shoulder would be between Makna Forest and Eryth Sea, I think that was its intended use, but got cut due to time constraints. Adding it back in as a required area would probably confuse the story a bit more. It seems more viable for it to be optional, but could add more to the world's lore that way.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Probably the Bionis Shoulder would be between Makna Forest and Eryth Sea, I think that was its intended use, but got cut due to time constraints. Adding it back in as a required area would probably confuse the story a bit more. It seems more viable for it to be optional, but could add more to the world's lore that way.
Yeah, and I don't feel bad about spoiler the set pieces here because it's an unused area, but I really wonder what those little, melting-looking houses were for. Something tells me it was a secondary Nopon habitat considering their size. I love the structure of the zig-zaggy walkways too. Could've been a fun place.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, and I don't feel bad about spoiler the set pieces here because it's an unused area, but I really wonder what those little, melting-looking houses were for. Something tells me it was a secondary Nopon habitat considering their size. I love the structure of the zig-zaggy walkways too. Could've been a fun place.
It could be where:
Some Telethia migrate after Mechonis Core, along with Homs and Nopon researching those ruins. Maybe some Giants exist there?
It would probably be a high level area, higher than Prison Island.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
all I know is robin and shulk are gonna be my two mains I was so happy sakurai used robin instead of chrom so much

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
If Xenoblade does get a remaster, one thing I REALLY want to see happen is that they revamp the gem crafting system. To me, it feels like the gems I get through sidequests and the collectopedia outrank the ether crystals I get until around the endgame. Also, as you raise the support levels among your party it becomes harder to distill attributes of gems into cylinders, making it harder to really maximize your returns from gem crafting. If we get a Xenoblade remaster or if the system returns in some form in XCX, this is what needs one of the biggest overhauls in my opinion.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
so something I was thinking of will Shulk get two stages one on the 3ds and one on Wii U or just have one stage for each game like mega man's stage one during the day one at night

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
so something I was thinking of will Shulk get two stages one on the 3ds and one on Wii U or just have one stage for each game like mega man's stage one during the day one at night
I'm thinking something smaller, like maybe Colony 9, would be good for the 3DS version, and of course the Junks stage for the Wii U version.

AncientBaby

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AncientBaby
3DS FC
4854-6493-8093
I think it would be a waste of potential not to have two different stages from Xenoblade. Then again, I think it was a waste of potential to use the same Megaman stage for both versions, and they did that...

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
A Xenoblade remaster would be the best thing, though they would probably add more features lacking from the original. The Bionis Shoulder map becomes an extra dungeon, or part of the story, perhaps?

Actually, that's a good topic. What do you want in a remastered Xenoblade?
Melia route, Melia route, Melia route, Melia route, Melia route, Melia route, Melia route.
Let's just give the poor girl a break already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom