• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I still really doubt Shulk would ever be revealed by himself, but, I've also taken to believing that Sakurai won't let spoilers coming out of Japan be how major info is revealed to the others, so I expect Shulk to be revealed sometime early September along with another newcomer or two. Between then and now... maybe another vet?

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
Today's Pic of the Day got me thinking....Shulk's moves would have to have variations.....

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Also Chorus Men & Shulk could also Co-Star in the trailer if you think about it.

The Chorus men have regular Rhythm, while Shulk has Mechanical Rhythm xp

Joking aside, I do think we still get a direct very soon

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Do you guys think that we'll get two newcomers from different series in the one trailer? Reading comments, it seems like a lot of you are. I'm still doubtful it'll happen, though maybe as time becomes short I'll change my mind.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Do you guys think that we'll get two newcomers from different series in the one trailer? Reading comments, it seems like a lot of you are. I'm still doubtful it'll happen, though maybe as time becomes short I'll change my mind.
Well maybe something Like E3 to reveal the remaining veteran starters, Shulk like Mega Man, then Ridley later on to end with a bang or Chorus Men to give that Wii Fit Trainer effect

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
At this point, the only character whose official reveal I can see being held over until after the Japanese release is Ridley, considering if he's in it's probably only for his Western support. Shulk would be the perfect character to hype up the Japanese fanbase at this point, considering we seem to be lacking a character like that right now from what I can tell, and Sakurai offed two of his biggest competitors in that category last week and the week before that.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Well maybe something Like E3 to reveal the remaining veteran starters, Shulk like Mega Man, then Ridley later on to end with a bang or Chorus Men to give that Wii Fit Trainer effect
Actually, yeah. Maybe if they did another Smash Direct, they could start with one newcomer, end with another. Talk about the Wii U version a bit, reveal some extra stuff about 3DS version.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I can't wait for Shulk to get in smash and hear all of the beautiful remastered or guitar cover music from the game.

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
Actually, yeah. Maybe if they did another Smash Direct, they could start with one newcomer, end with another. Talk about the Wii U version a bit, reveal some extra stuff about 3DS version.
I think this will be the most likely way they'll top off the hype before release, just like the Hyrule Warriors Direct last week. Expect some clear announcements and explanations of modes like Target Smash, Classic and the My Music feature, along with a couple character reveals - maybe one at the start and a couple at the end.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
I think I'd rather have the reveals spread out throughout the next few weeks rather than all in one direct. Whichever gets Shulk announced sooner xD

domokl

Smash Lord
I still think Shulk vs Ridley would be an awesome trailer. We all know who would win that too:awesome:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Have you ever had that character that you want yet don't want at the same time. Shulk is that character for me

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So i went to the doctor's the other day, and i'm sick. Really sick.
Sick of Shulk still not being confirmed for this game. Sakurai, please confirm him already, we all know he's in.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I like Shulk and all, but all the overhypeness (new word) over Shulk, I don't really care much for him. If he's in, ok. If he's not, ok.
That's understandable. I'm the same way with Ridley to be honest.

Regardless, welcome fellow somewhat supporter of Shulk. :D

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
I like Shulk and all, but all the overhypeness (new word) over Shulk, I don't really care much for him. If he's in, ok. If he's not, ok.
To be fair the overhypness comes from Gematsu, imo Xenoblade fans had to fight for recognition, but luckily for us "We were born in a world of strive... and against the odds we chose to fight"

Also how Anti-Shulk is this place anyway, due I only joined a few months ago & always posted since 2011 on Gamefaqs, but on Gamefaqs Isaac fans kinda see Shulk fans as their nemesis for some reason ( though thats only the icing on the cake, due I had my portion with these guys as a Lucario fan & Mega Man fan), but I'm curious if this was or still is the case on this site

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah, for me Bandana Waddle Dee is the character that would be a friendly addition for me. He has a potential moveset, seems possible, I just don't see it happening. If he does get in, it would be cool.
I feel the same about K. Rool. I'm not such a fan of him as a character, but he does have potential and I'd be ok with him being in.

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice
Hm. The whole thing about the "newcomer sale" worries me a little bit since it shows that the roster is pretty much coming to a close.

Come on Shulk.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Hm. The whole thing about the "newcomer sale" worries me a little bit since it shows that the roster is pretty much coming to a close.

Come on Shulk.
To be fair is Pokemon X & Y & Awakening on a sale? Otherwise you shouldn't really worry imo

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
That's understandable. I'm the same way with Ridley to be honest.

Regardless, welcome fellow somewhat supporter of Shulk. :D
I don't really feel that. I don't like the idea of my opinion of a character being manipulated by it's fanbase. At least not in a negative way. I wouldn't feel right disliking a character for any reason outside it's own merits.

I can appreciate why Shulk and Ridley are as hyped as they are. I even want K Rool because he's so hyped and not because I really care for him.

Last edited:

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
So i went to the doctor's the other day, and i'm sick. Really sick.
Sick of Shulk still not being confirmed for this game. Sakurai, please confirm him already, we all know he's in.
Also you have cancer.
Have you ever had that character that you want yet don't want at the same time. Shulk is that character for me
@BluePikmin11 We've got another supporter...I think?

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I still think Shulk vs Ridley would be an awesome trailer. We all know who would win that too:awesome:
as I said what'll happen is you'll see shulk fighting someone huge and then see him split it in half with monado buster and learn it's ridley the fanboys foam from the mouth in rage as the awesome gameplay goes on in shulk's trailer trailer ends he gets a visiion and doges out of the way at the last second only to face the real ridley

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
It's been almost a few months since I've gotten into Xenoblade Chronicles.

Anyways, what do you think the victory theme for Shulk should be?
yeah we all agreed it's more then likely would be either secret area or a beat from the main theme

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
yeah we all agreed it's more then likely would be either secret area or a beat from the main theme
I wouldn't mind a beat from You Will Know Our Names. Just saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom