• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11
I have no idea how many pages late this is, but I saw that moveset and I really liked it.

I want to see a mechanic of giving him a powered up special of sorts ala Lucario in PM, and what you have is a version I would love to see.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Lucario (PM) has a mechanic that, as he does damage, he gains an invisible meter of sorts. Once he does around 40-60% damage, he gains an "Aura Stock", which allows him to utilize one of four powerful special moves by using a stock. He can hold up to two stocks at one time.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Lucario (PM) has a mechanic that, as he does damage, he gains an invisible meter of sorts. Once he does around 40-60% damage, he gains an "Aura Stock", which allows him to utilize one of four powerful special moves by using a stock. He can hold up to two stocks at one time.
I really liked that mechanic on him, along with the combo oriented gameplay he had.

But I digress, how much damage would Shulk have to do to fill the talent gauge? Maybe around 40%-50%, so it's viable during multiplayer and 1 vs.1.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Ah I see, if Shulk had that two stock mechanic, Shulk would probably way too broken to handle, good thing it's not an actual gameplay mechanic in Xenoblade. :9

I really liked that mechanic on him, along with the combo oriented gameplay he had.

But I digress, how much damage would Shulk have to do to fill the talent gauge? Maybe around 40%-50%, so it's viable during multiplayer and 1 vs.1.
Since Shulk would be a rather powerful character to use doing around 7-13%, I say the Talent Gauge should be filled to around 75%-90%.

Last edited:

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Ah I see, if Shulk had that two stock mechanic, Shulk would probably way too broken to handle, good thing it's not an actual gameplay mechanic in Xenoblade. :9

Since Shulk would be a rather powerful character to use doing around 7-13%, I say the Talent Gauge should be filled to around 75%-90%.
Yeah, can't really judge on what would happen, because we have no info. During multiplayer though, that percentage seems quick to reach with multiple people, so you could use it more often. In 1 vs.1, it becomes a scarce resource that should be used for emergencies. I think your percent would be more likely to happen if the talent gauge is implemented.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
What's the story about all the sunglasses in your avatars?
come sit young one as the story of the great shades wars are told

for real it just became a community joke inside the shulk thread so we all started to give ourself shades

Last edited:

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
What's the story about all the sunglasses in your avatars?
Long ago, the world was nothing more than an endless sea of sunglasses, cloaked in a sky of boundless sun. Then, two dudebros came into existence, and ate Doritos and drank mountain dew while wearing sunglasses. And supported Shulk for Smash.
And everyone died, the end.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Long ago, the world was nothing more than an endless sea of sunglasses, cloaked in a sky of boundless sun. Then, two dudebros came into existence, and ate Doritos and drank mountain dew while wearing sunglasses. And supported Shulk for Smash.
to remember the great deeds of the dudebros we all wear shades in their honor

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Yeah, can't really judge on what would happen, because we have no info. During multiplayer though, that percentage seems quick to reach with multiple people, so you could use it more often. In 1 vs.1, it becomes a scarce resource that should be used for emergencies. I think your percent would be more likely to happen if the talent gauge is implemented.
Yeah, now I'm thinking that the Talent Gauge should be filled at exactly 80%, I think it's fair enough to consider. Now I think Battle Soul should bring the Gauge at 40%, half of the Talent Gauge, all you really need to do is do about 4-5 attacks and then you are ready to risk it all for the reward. He's almost like Ike in a play style sense, except there's a reward system to come along with it.

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
You forgot about the part where he used Unlimited Shade Works.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, now I'm thinking that the Talent Gauge should be filled at exactly 80%, I think it's fair enough to consider. Now I think Battle Soul should bring the Gauge at 40%, half of the Talent Gauge, all you really need to do is do about 4-5 attacks and then you are ready to risk it all for the reward. He's almost like Ike in a play style sense, except there's a reward system to come along with it.
There would probably be a talent gauge to see how much you have to go, but where would it fit? Little Mac's K.O. meter works well because it's a bar that could fit right above him, but I don't know where they would implement the icon.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
There would probably be a talent gauge to see how much you have to go, but where would it fit? Little Mac's K.O. meter works well because it's a bar that could fit right above him, but I don't know where they would implement the icon.
maybe beside shulk's portrait

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Probably above the middle of Shulk's percentage icon most likely with four of his regular arts seperated into two groups, ones on the left side, and ones on the right side. And when you are in Monado Mode, the regular arts change into Monado arts.

Last edited:

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Probably above the middle of Shulk's percentage icon most likely with four of his regular arts seperated into two groups, ones on the left side, and ones on the right side. And when you are in Monado Mode, the regular arts change into Monado arts.
That seems fairly simple. I expect him to shout "This is the power of the Monado!" once it's full.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
I'd like to see his victory animation.

Also, if he's in, I know I'm gonna get steaming mad if I'm playing Shulk and someone KO's me. He'll be my secondary main after Robin. Come on, Sakurai...

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I'd like to see his victory animation.

Also, if he's in, I know I'm gonna get steaming mad if I'm playing Shulk and someone KO's me. He'll be my secondary main after Robin. Come on, Sakurai...
Victory animation? I can imagine him rubbing the back of his head sheepishly and saying, "Well that's that..."

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
> Doritos
> Mountain Dew
> Geoff Keighley = Dorito Pope
> Interview with Hideo Kojima earlier today

Shulk confirmed to appear in a trailer with Snake. It's happening :troll:

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
I think something else is gonna happen this week besides Metaknight...or maybe next week...either way, I feel like we're entering a "homestretch" of sorts; a marathon of just Sakurai revealing everything there is left to reveal up to release day.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
I think something else is gonna happen this week besides Metaknight...or maybe next week...either way, I feel like we're entering a "homestretch" of sorts; a marathon of just Sakurai revealing everything there is left to reveal up to release day.
We can only hope he reveals Shulk now, the closer the release date comes the more anxious I get. We need his reveal this month.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I'm worried that we might not get any newcomer reveals at all till Japan release. :(

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I'm worried that we might not get any newcomer reveals at all till Japan release. :(
Sakurai did imply that there are more he plans to show, and at one point said he wants to make sure each newcomer has one. Doesn't make sense to show them post-release since it takes the surprise factor out of it.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai should reveal something soon as he has never lengthened the gap between two reveals (at not by much I don't think) and Robin's reveal was about a month and 10 days? He's got a little time still but he's gotta be giving us something soon. My guess is meta knight is here to throw us off or keep us occupied until the true reveal.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Sakurai should reveal something soon as he has never lengthened the gap between two reveals (at not by much I don't think) and Robin's reveal was about a month and 10 days? He's got a little time still but he's gotta be giving us something soon. My guess is meta knight is here to throw us off or keep us occupied until the true reveal.
It'll be a month as of tomorrow since Robin's reveal. I'm banking on early next week for the next reveal. Hopefully my bby Shulk.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
for real it just became a community joke inside the shulk thread so we all started to give ourself shades
what is the truth guys

what do I believe in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom