• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Also pointing out that "Shulk in the Rivals Trailer" rumor is all of the dead.

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
My theory on his reveal trailer is based on the fact that both Metroid and Xenoblade (in Europe) were released in august. Easy Ridley/Shulk Trailer. Similar to how they handled the Fire Emblem/F-Zero trailer last month.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The thought of Ridley, Shulk and Ice Climbers all being revealed in a trailer together is very amusing. It's so ridiculous so it must be true!

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Bonus Points if Ridley(concealed in shadows) first is labeled as the Avalance Abaasy, then Shulk alongside Popo & Nana start a chain attack

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
I appear to be the only one here who doesn't believe the Talent Gauge will be implemented. I just think the Monado will be active as soon as he enters the battle, and he'll play like a normal fighter. Little Mac's charge meter thingamabob is balanced cause he has such a weak aerial game. Giving something to a character who I'll assume is going to be a well-rounded fighter like Mario and Link is not going to work.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I appear to be the only one here who doesn't believe the Talent Gauge will be implemented. I just think the Monado will be active as soon as he enters the battle, and he'll play like a normal fighter. Little Mac's charge meter thingamabob is balanced cause he has such a weak aerial game. Giving something to a character who I'll assume is going to be a well-rounded fighter like Mario and Link is not going to work.
I don't necessarily believe it'll be implemented. But I think it'd be an interesting touch to the character and I wouldn't mind it. I won't be dying on the inside if it's not a thing.

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice
I have a feeling that if Shulk is playable then he's a hidden character. I just can't imagine Sakurai giving Shulk his own intro video since Nintendo never do anything out of the ordinary with Xenoblade. The only thing they've done that kind of surprised me is that they released a Xenoblade Streetpass puzzle.

It just seems that Nintendo are full of suprises but they always have a set boundary which they refuse to go beyond (kind of like having fun, but only safe fun). I guess, for me, it's a matter of believing it when I see it.

Last edited:

Aurablade

Smash Cadet
Argh. Already own the two Zelda themed and the Pikachu one. Nintendo is going to kill me with these.
Well, here goes my money.

Gah! I... I need this...

WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME NINTENDO!
For **** sake....

I can't buy this ;_;

On topic:

I think Shulk's trailer should start with him sitting down on the plains then all of a sudden, he has a vision of a fight and that (insert random character) is gonna get killed by (insert newcomer/random character). Vision ends. Shulk intrudes. Saves the day. Boom. The end.

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
To add to that, Sakuri did say specifically that Little Macs ability is 'completely unique to little mac', if Shulk had something similar, he wouldn't of said that.

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
I think Shulk's trailer should start with him sitting down on the plains then all of a sudden, he has a vision of a fight and that (insert random character) is gonna get killed by (insert newcomer/random character). Vision ends. Shulk intrudes. Saves the day. Boom. The end.
I really hope they keep the other Newcomer ambiguous for a bit if they do this. have him hidden a bit. Say its Ridley; then we only see a couring (say Ice Climbers) and a roar, untill Shulk comes in and we see Ridley.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Sadly, I'm not sure if it'll be implemented. However, to me, it's THE way to represent the Monado in Smash. It would pay great resepect to the game it's from and show that the Monado isn't just any sword.
Mad props to @MooseSmuggler for bringing this up. I love this idea.

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice
Can we stop talking about the Smash Bros. 3DS XL? Who cares? There's no Shulk on the front, so why does it matter? Sakurai is starting to p*** me off!

Again, more info on new POKEMON (surprise, surprise) and a character reveal from another POPULAR franchise. It's all Sakurai cares about.

Last edited:

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
Can we stop talking about the Smash Bros. 3DS XL? Who cares? There's no Shulk on the front, so why does it matter? Sakurai is starting to p*** me off!

Again, more info on new POKEMON (surprise, surprise) and a character reveal from another POPULAR franchise. It's all Sakurai cares about.
Do you need a hug?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Off topic and super late, but did anyone watch the Nintendo Minute on youtube yesterday- Kit said he was playing Xenoblade Chronicles and the Monado is even in the thumbnail. And all the comments are "SHULK CONFIRMED".:joyful:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Off topic and super late, but did anyone watch the Nintendo Minute on youtube yesterday- Kit said he was playing Xenoblade Chronicles and the Monado is even in the thumbnail. And all the comments are "SHULK CONFIRMED".:joyful:
Of course it is right now any reference to a character even completely unrelated to Smash is a smash confirmation. Logic.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

I don't think that all Sakurai cares about is the popular franchise, I think he don't want to ruin the surprise, I sure Shulk is going to be in, and I'm rarely wrong when it comes to smash maybe I'm just luckily I guest.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Seeing Meta Knight's new gloves makes me want Shulk's goggles. They would give him a more unique look, since we don't have any character that wears steampunk-ish goggles.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Gah! I... I need this...

WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME NINTENDO!
I looooove this art. Is anyone else getting some serious Smash 64 cartridge vibes from it? Hopefully this isn't a European exclusive, Nintendo...

But, yeah, Shulk is in guys. Just a matter of time, now. :) Xenoblade isn't the most popular IP out there, but it's growing. Besides, Smash isn't just a popularity contest.

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
Seeing Meta Knight's new gloves makes me want Shulk's goggles. They would give him a more unique look, since we don't have any character that wears steampunk-ish goggles.
Holy cow, that would actually be pretty cool.
Nothing major, just a little aesthetic design to show off some of his personality.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Well, we are officially one month away from release (Japan). I'm expecting for Sakurai to unleash his Monado Speed and start picking up the speed with exciting news while maintaining his ability to dodge Miiverse comments.

What lies ahead for the future of the Xenobrothers?
Will there be some announcement of a Direct this Friday?
Will Shulk make his appearance in this potential Direct, or will the Xenobrothers have to wait even more?
Will Shulk have goggles?
So many questions...

Find out on the next episode of XENOBLADE Z (X got canceled, and Y sounds funny :awesome:)

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I just saw the thumbnail of the video. It's kind of surprising to see them mention it, but it's good publicity. :D

JC Rodrigo of Nintendo Treehouse is also a big fan of the game, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom