• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I like the idea of it rewinding time, but I realized a technical problem with that. The second Shulk hits someone, they'll no longer be doing what they were. Assuming the game redoes all the button presses, wouldn't it freak out if the person was no longer in their original position?

For example, someone does a jab followed by a forward smash. Wouldn't the vision-controlled AI freak out if Shulk knocked them off the stage during the jab? Like, what would it do, still attempt to do the Smash and do a forward air instead? The only thing I could think of is that Shulk hitting someone breaks the vision's control on that person, which could work I suppose.

Edit: @False Sense hit the nail on the head, using canon to boot xD

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I like the idea of it rewinding time, but I realized a technical problem with that. The second Shulk hits someone, they'll no longer be doing what they were. Assuming the game redoes all the button presses, wouldn't it freak out if the person was no longer in their original position?

For example, someone does a jab followed by a forward smash. Wouldn't the vision-controlled AI freak out if Shulk knocked them off the stage during the jab? Like, what would it do, still attempt to do the Smash and do a forward air instead? The only thing I could think of is that Shulk hitting someone breaks the vision's control on that person, which could work I suppose.
That is the problem with the visions working like they do in the games. The only way they would work in a Final Smash without giving the game unnecessary issues is to make visions give Shulk near invincibility.

Edit: Insta dodging aka no hitbox.

Last edited:

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
Well with Hyrule Warriors coming out this week, and a supposed TV stream on Tuesday, it's highly likely. I'm more confident it'll be Ness's return as Earthbound's Japanese anniversary is this month, but the Gematsu leaker is insisting Shulk's reveal is coming soon. So yeah, hype abounds.
Has the Gematsu leaker been leaking more? I haven't been paying attention to him.

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
It could make Shulk invincible during his Final Smash, not being damageable since he sees up coming attacks while the Monado is fully powered.
So just Monado Speed + Visions or whatever? Kinda like an invincibility star item..... Simple but fitting :)

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Has the Gematsu leaker been leaking more? I haven't been paying attention to him.
only thing I heard is he explained that the reason Chrom did not make it was the reason sakuria said a few days after he said that and that Shulk is still on his way

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
The last thing he publicly announced was after Robin's reveal, saying that Shulk was still on his way and that he only know s what they have and not when they show it.
If Intelligent Systems retweets this time, Shulk's coming due we then have proof Sakurai switched the trailers on Monado Monday:troll:

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
If Intelligent Systems retweets this time, Shulk's coming due we then have proof Sakurai switched the trailers on Monado Monday:troll:
In all seriousness, I don't think there was a switch-up. I mean, the trailer had Captain Falcon alongside two Fire Emblem reps perfectly timed for anniversaries involving both franchises. That had to be intentional, for that exact combination to happen. Why else would the good Captain of all people be revealed in the trailer, when he has nothing to do with Fire Emblem?

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
Watch it be 1-Up Studios and/or Retro Studios. :troll:
I wouldn't be surprised, honestly. Sakurai probably even trolls the developers of the games represented in Smash by saying "Oh yeah, Shulk's trailer is coming on Monday, wanna retweet?"

Monolith: "Oh sweet, yeah, thanks for letting us know!"

And then Sakurai laughed.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
they've tweeted each direct that a characters been announce if I'm correct right?

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Watch it be 1-Up Studios and/or Retro Studios. :troll:
Perhaps if we get a regular direct this month, they could show Shulk in Smash & if he is going to play a role in Xenoblade Chronicles X(even as DLC would be a nice promotion)

Can contain Major Xenoblade Spoilers
or they show his descendant as a playable character in Xenoblade Chronicles X, but for some reason Shulk's child has High Entia wings :troll: (Raises Flameshield for the Fiora fans)

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
they've tweeted each direct that a characters been announce if I'm correct right?
I know that they have retweeted the direct were Little Mac was shown, but don't know about Greninja & Rosalina, the most suspicious one was the FE one though, due the Little Mac direct had Xenoblade X content

Chalphy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chalphy
In fairness, it should be recognized that Yuichiro Takeda had worked as a writer for the F-Zero anime.

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Perhaps if we get a regular direct this month, they could show Shulk in Smash & if he is going to play a role in Xenoblade Chronicles X(even as DLC would be a nice promotion)

Can contain Major Xenoblade Spoilers
or they show his descendant as a playable character in Xenoblade Chronicles X, but for some reason Shulk's child has High Entia wings :troll: (Raises Flameshield for the Fiora fans)
The trailer stated that the events of X happen in 2050-something, so no, that won't be the case.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
The trailer stated that the events of X happen in 2050-something, so no, that won't be the case.
This what makes me the most Hyped for X, due we only know such a small portion of the story(well only the setting kinda), so we are most likely once again in for a spectacular journey like the first Xenoblade

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Yeah, I don't think there is any need to worry about game length. Xenoblade was on the Wii, and it's one of the most fully packed games I have ever played.

Aurablade

Smash Cadet
I hope for a lot of Side Quests too, and maybe some differents ways to get to the end. Or maybe different endings. It would be perfect.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Little Mac is probably the only character to receive a developer retweet, but we could also include Captain Falcon if Takeda really did intend to tease him rather than Shulk. Other than Smash, employees of Platinum Games and Monolith Soft have always retweeted Nintendo's announcements to let people know that their games are going to be shown.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Ok guys, lets just leave it at this: If Soraya Saga retweets a Smash announcement, we can get hyped. If it's anyone else at Monolith Soft, stay skeptical.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I hope for a lot of Side Quests too, and maybe some differents ways to get to the end. Or maybe different endings. It would be perfect.
Indeed. I do wonder what kind of relationships the customizable protagonist will have with the other characters, whether they be romantic or not though.

Last edited:

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
One idea I had would be that using the Final Smash activates a "vision," where all the opponents continue to move normally while Shulk stands still until the "vision" ends. Once it does, all the opponents are locked into whatever they were doing during the "vision." Basically, the vision records their movements and locks them into it for a certain period of time, allowing Shulk to use the knowledge of what's going to happen to his advantage. However, once Shulk does something to the opponents while they're locked in their predestined actions, that will change the future and allow them to move normally again. Maybe Shulk could also get a power boost to make the Final Smash more effective.

I'm not sure how practical the idea is, but it's one possible use of the visions.
Yeah, I had a similar idea awhile back that I posted here. Maybe something to add to this is, once you press B nothing changes the aura around shulk stays the same for the next couple of seconds like normal, this way, your opponents don't know when you've activated it or when or when not to do something.(Though that sounds a little OP)

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Indeed. I do wonder what kind of relationships the customizable protagonist will have with the other characters, whether they be romantic or not though.
I'm absolutely sure there will be some sort of romance involved, so you definitely shouldn't worry about that.

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
I'm currently working on a little Xenoblade-related project, I'll upload some photos eventually

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Xenoblade + optional romance = FE: Awakening S-support

You guys are only feeding the flame that is Shulk X Fem Robin shipping. :p

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Why does it have to be fem-Robin?

Everyone knows Shulk and Reyn are more than just friends...
Glad to know I'm not the only one who finds their interactions a bit "homo-erotic" so to say...

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Xenoblade + optional romance = FE: Awakening S-support

You guys are only feeding the flame that is Shulk X Fem Robin shipping. :p

(Mostly because any God that tries will likely end up dead.)
But yeah, having romantic options for XCX would be an absolutely awesome addition.

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
This is how the romantic confessions will happen:

Character: Oh __ is it okay if I tell you something?
__: .....?
Character: I love you. Wanna S support and have some future children?
__: o_O

S support established.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
This is how the romantic confessions will happen:

Character: Oh __ is it okay if I tell you something?
__: .....?
Character: I love you. Wanna S support and have some future Xenobabies?
__: o_O

S support established.
Fixed. :troll:

MooseSmuggler

NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687

(Mostly because any God that tries will likely end up dead.)
But yeah, having romantic options for XCX would be an absolutely awesome addition.
Indeed, though I do hope that if they do, that opposite-sex romance won't be the only option. It'd be a bit boring and overly heteronormative :p

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Indeed, though I do hope that if they do, that opposite-sex romance won't be the only option. It'd be a bit boring and overly heteronormative :p
Yeah, I agree. I do love me some variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom