• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
...........So it seems all the support threads are extremely nervous. Don't tell me we are one of them.
We'd have to be stupid to be nervous.

Cautious, sure, but nervous? We ain't got cause for dat. I'm more going to laugh when there's no disconfirmation, and Bloody Monday ceases to be a thing.

Or, better yet, we get a Veteran, and this becomes "Mixed Feelings Monday".

Watch Shulk get bloody Monday'd. (Samurai pls no.)

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Hello, Shulk thread supporters!

This is my first time posting on the Shulk thread! I've always found Shulk to be one of the more interesting character suggestions here on Smashboards. I say that because I've never heard of him prior to joining Smashboards and of course one does not get far on Smashboards without coming across Shulk in a conversation.

The point being, is that his character design seemed "Smash worthy" yet I didn't know much about him other than he could fight with a sword. Anyways, earlier on during the Smash speculation I kind of discarded him from my list characters who I thought had a good enough chance to consider worthy of investing my support in, mainly because he seemed like just another "bland sword character" that Sakurai would overlook.

The problem with that is now, in this point within speculation, he seems like a likely character, if not the most likely character who has not made it into the game yet. Looking back at it, I consider myself ignorant for not giving him a real chance at speculation, so in order to make up for it I purchased a copy of Xenoblade. I find it funny that I would never have heard of Xenoblade let alone purchase a copy of Xenoblade if it wasn't for Smashboards.

I haven't beaten the game yet, the graphics put a strain on my eyes so I can only play the game within hour intervals or so, so please don't spoil anything for me. My character is Level 19 by the way and, so far I haven't seen Shulk use any projectile like moves. I don't know whether or not I should expect Shulk to use projectiles but, none the less, I would say I've seen enough to make a possible unique moveset such as the Monado's blade extending far or creating area of effect attacks. A moveset for Shulk would take some creativity, but I don't think that will be a problem for Sakurai.

If Shulk is not a playable character I'd say he should at least be an assist trophy. Xenoblade deserves some recognition!

TL;DR: I'm a supporter of Shulk for SSB4! go ahead and put my name on the supporters list.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
We'd have to be stupid to be nervous.

Cautious, sure, but nervous? We ain't got cause for dat. I'm more going to laugh when there's no disconfirmation, and Bloody Monday ceases to be a thing.

Or, better yet, we get a Veteran, and this becomes "Mixed Feelings Monday".

Watch Shulk get bloody Monday'd. (Samurai pls no.)
That is a good sign, it seems to be more of a joke then anything.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman

This is my first time posting on the Shulk thread! I've always found Shulk to be one of the more interesting character suggestions here on Smashboards. I say that because I've never heard of him prior to joining Smashboards and of course one does not get far on Smashboards without coming across Shulk in a conversation.

The point being, is that his character design seemed "Smash worthy" yet I didn't know much about him other than he could fight with a sword. Anyways, earlier on during the Smash speculation I kind of discarded him from my list characters who I thought had a good enough chance to consider worthy of investing my support in, mainly because he seemed like just another "bland sword character" that Sakurai would overlook.

The problem with that is now, in this point within speculation, he seems like a likely character, if not the most likely character who has not made it into the game yet. Looking back at it, I consider myself ignorant for not giving him a real chance at speculation, so in order to make up for it I purchased a copy of Xenoblade. I find it funny that I would never have heard of Xenoblade let alone purchase a copy of Xenoblade if it wasn't for Smashboards.

I haven't beaten the game yet, the graphics put a strain on my eyes so I can only play the game within hour intervals or so, so please don't spoil anything for me. My character is Level 19 by the way and, so far I haven't seen Shulk use any projectile like moves. I don't know whether or not I should expect Shulk to use projectiles but, none the less, I would say I've seen enough to make a possible unique moveset such as the Monado's blade extending far or creating area of effect attacks. A moveset for Shulk would take some creativity, but I don't think that will be a problem for Sakurai.

If Shulk is not a playable character I'd say he should at least be an assist trophy. Xenoblade deserves some recognition!

TL;DR: I'm a supporter of Shulk for SSB4! go ahead and put my name on the supporters list.
yeah Shulk isn't a projectile fighter, you'll get teammates with that.

But yeah I wouldn't say you're far enough in yet to see Shulk's full potential, I don't want to ruin anything for you though. Good luck man.

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader

Welcome, Hope you enjoy the thread.

Also the Pic of the Day didn't disconfirm anyone. Except MetaKnight? or did it confirm him?

Last edited:

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman

Also the Pic of the Day didn't disconfirm anyone. Except MetaKnight? or did it confirm him?
m
meta
metaknight confirmed?
maybe CoroCoro will show us something.

at least the bloody monday thing is ending.

or is it

Enyalb

Hardcore Wonder-Casual Dragoon
NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250

"Some characters didn't make the final cut. So I added in masks for your Mii Fighters to wear of them."

laughs

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
According to @ Spazzy_D Spazzy_D it's one of the Mii Swordfighter customizations, a laser sword.

Whew.

Found a better pic of it:

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'm just super confused that they used a Sword Fighter and not a Gunner Mii for Samus.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ha ha, you were really panicking my friend. The Saku-Teasing doesn't seem to sit well with you.
Well, I don't want to end up like the Chrom people, getting my hopes WAY up just to have them smashed. And to have them smashed by something so...stupid...would just not be fun! :(

It's true though, I was panicking a bit too much, I just...couldn't take the sudden potential shock that I might be witnessing the disconfirmation of the one character I actually still care if they make it.

Yeah...yeah.

Ahem.

Smash ain't no joke.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Well, I don't want to end up like the Chrom people, getting my hopes WAY up just to have them smashed. And to have them smashed by something so...stupid...would just not be fun! :(

It's true though, I was panicking a bit too much, I just...couldn't take the sudden potential shock that I might be witnessing the disconfirmation of the one character I actually still care if they make it.

Yeah...yeah.

Ahem.

Smash ain't no joke.
Understandable. I'd really be shocked if Shulk got disconfirmed out of the blue. But luckily for us, his chances of being included are still very much alive :shades:

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Well, that POTD came pretty early...Direct or Newcomer stream coming soon?

Also, since Miis can get different helmets and costumes, do you think they might do something similar to Shulk, since changing armor was such a big part of the game?

Also, someone want to fill me in one why poor @ Banjodorf Banjodorf almost had a heart attack?

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Also, since Miis can get different helmets and costumes, do you think they might do something similar to Shulk, since changing armor was such a big part of the game?
I SURE HOPE SO.

I really, really hope all this customization and extra work spent on alts is a hint that Sakurai's going to use more armors for Shulk.

I mean, who else could even have something like that if not Shulk that isn't a Mario brother?

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I SURE HOPE SO.

I really, really hope all this customization and extra work spent on alts is a hint that Sakurai's going to use more armors for Shulk.

I mean, who else could even have something like that if not Shulk that isn't a Mario brother?
...Jungle armor confirmed? Please Sakurai?

Hokori

Great King of Evil

Also, someone want to fill me in one why poor @ Banjodorf Banjodorf almost had a heart attack?
Well, bringing up a direct/stream time would've been ideal as a side note in the PotD. However, since it was released two hours early, and it's contents are rather...interesting, and he really didn't touch up on them, Sakurai coming back during the normal PotD time is a possibility?

I dunno. But things should be pretty interesting today/tomorrow.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
...Jungle armor confirmed? Please Sakurai?
Jungle
High Entia
Sleek Oil Yes please though.
One of the heavy armors
...Uh...I wish I could remember them all.

Also, I'm really a fan of him having the goggles on his default model. They just looked good.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Well, bringing up a direct/stream time would've been ideal as a side note in the PotD. However, since it was released two hours early, and it's contents are rather...interesting, and he really didn't touch up on them, Sakurai coming back during the normal PotD time is a possibility?

I dunno. But things should be pretty interesting today/tomorrow.
A lot of people are saying Meta Knight just got disconfirmed, so maybe a trailer in the next day or two with him in it as a surprise (I mean it's not a surprise because he's coming back but I guess not to a lot of people). And really, who other than Shulk would fit in a trailer with Meta Knight? I swear if someone says the villains trailer...
Or Sakurai could announce Meta Knight in a few minutes and me hyping myself up for a Shulk/Meta Knight trailer was for naught.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
A lot of people are saying Meta Knight just got disconfirmed, so maybe a trailer in the next day or two with him in it as a surprise (I mean it's not a surprise because he's coming back but I guess not to a lot of people). And really, who other than Shulk would fit in a trailer with Meta Knight? I swear if someone says the villains trailer...
Or Sakurai could announce Meta Knight in a few minutes and me hyping myself up for a Shulk/Meta Knight trailer was for naught.
Really? Disconfirmed? We already know Halberd is back for starters...*shrugs*

The fun part of all of this is for the simple fact that we don't know. We could be getting a surprise soon, or that really may be all he had to say and we're left hanging, hoping CoroCoro will cater to our every desire.

Last edited:

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
Today's Pic kinda just pushed me over the edge that we as the fans have absolutely no chance at ever predicting Sakurai. Done, so done, goodbye, going into hibernation until the next trailer.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Seems like a cool and formidable fighter for SMASH. I haven't played Xenoblade, but now I'm curious to check it out.
Some people that haven't played XC like to spoil themselves with its glorious music first :awesome:

Today's Pic kinda just pushed me over the edge that we as the fans have absolutely no chance at ever predicting Sakurai. Done, so done, goodbye, going into hibernation until the next trailer.
Ha. It honestly wouldn't be fun anymore if we could predict Sakurai.

Last edited:

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
Almost all of the Pics of the Day recently have just had me asking

*Fixed

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I wounder why he post the pic of the day earlier what make this day so special?!

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
FINALLY found the ice cabbage. That took way too long.
inb4 discussion of Mii Samus holding a play "Monado" in the latest PotD :troll:
When I looked back at the potd to see what you're talking about it actually looked like the Monado to me. It actually got me a bit worried... until I realized if that was the Monado then it would connect to the Mii's body pretty much at the elbow, where the arm should connect.

Miis with Monado arms confirmed playable!!
-lmao

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I still wonder what the red part of it is. It's got the same fat "round" blade the other laser-sword swordfighter has, but that one doesn't have the red.

Weird.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I still wonder what the red part of it is. It's got the same fat "round" blade the other laser-sword swordfighter has, but that one doesn't have the red.

Weird.
My guess is that since the Mii is wearing Red in the potd that a bit of the beam sword changes color to match that. In the picture you posted, they're all wearing blue so I guess that might be why their beam sword is completely blue. Just a guess though, still weird.
According to @ Spazzy_D Spazzy_D it's one of the Mii Swordfighter customizations, a laser sword.

Whew.

Found a better pic of it:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
My guess is that since the Mii is wearing Red in the potd that a bit of the beam sword changes color to match that. In the picture you posted, they're all wearing blue so I guess that might be why their beam sword is completely blue. Just a guess though, still weird.
True. That would make sense, since the weapons are tied to them, and they're extremely customizable. It wouldn't be the same as say, the Master Sword changing colors with Link, or the Monado changing colors with Shulk. (Although I wouldn't mind if they did.)

Spoilahbolt!

Gold/White Zanza outfit with Gold Monado, pls.

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
Actually, I think it's a different costume alltogether, notice the suit in the pic of the day is mechanical and detailed, while the picture above they're wearing like, TRON suits....just saying

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Actually, I think it's a different costume alltogether, notice the suit in the pic of the day is mechanical and detailed, while the picture above they're wearing like, TRON suits....just saying
Yeah, it's still clearly the same fat sword with a slight difference though. It's very slight resemblance to the Monado gives me pause though. Didn't expect the Shulk fans to be on the receiving end of Sakurai's trolling. Although I think it's just me still being paranoid.

I guess it just makes the sword...a little different with that particular outfit, as opposed to the Tron suits? I wish the angle was better, goddamn it.

T.R "River"

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Hidanclub
3DS FC
4382-2201-8687
Yeah, it's still clearly the same fat sword with a slight difference though. It's very slight resemblance to the Monado gives me pause though. Didn't expect the Shulk fans to be on the receiving end of Sakurai's trolling. Although I think it's just me still being paranoid.

I guess it just makes the sword...a little different with that particular outfit, as opposed to the Tron suits? I wish the angle was better, goddamn it.
I'm guessing that some of the alternate suits use the regular sword, while the other half use the laser sword. Or something like that

DarkChaosGames

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ereaven
I created this account originally to support Robin...
just thought I'd pop over here to say I direly want Shulk in this game and support his inclusion whole-heartedly.

Heir to the Monado.

Aurablade

Smash Cadet
To me, the sword can clearly be the Monado. The red things at the base seems to fit our god slaying sword, or just for a teasing. I highly doubt that Meta Knight, a entirely unique character will be absent, so his mask is a teasing i have no doubts for it. And the Monado... I don't know, a trailer showing Shulk and Meta Knight fighting against ridley ? would be pretty badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom