• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
Nah. It's Shulk with a tail.
ohriiiiight

But this PotD though... even more proof that Sakurai just loves playing with our feelings. The Miiverse comments are brilliant.

I think DukeNapoleon on the thread for the post hit the nail on the head though.

Why is there confusion over what this means?

Meta Knight is in the game.
He is a secret character.
Sakurai is letting us know that he is in the game, like Game and Watch, but will not be revealed before hand.

Seems pretty straight up.

Last edited:

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice
Okay, just hurry up and reveal Shulk now, I'm getting fed up. It was exciting and fun months back, but now I just want the roster revealed already; it's getting boring and frustrating now, and a little bit pathetic.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
I don't want to say much, but my friend met a guy at an event who claims to have worked at Nintendo. He was wearing a Smash 4 shirt and gave some insight to the builds he played. Anyway long story short, when asked about Shulk he said "you're in for a pretty big surprise"! Hopefully i'll get to talk to him this week ;)

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice
I don't want to say much, but my friend met a guy at an event who claims to have worked at Nintendo. He was wearing a Smash 4 shirt and gave some insight to the builds he played. Anyway long story short, when asked about Shulk he said "you're in for a pretty big surprise"! Hopefully i'll get to talk to him this week ;)
That could go both ways to be fair.

"You're in for a pretty big surprise!...... seeing as everyone thought he'd be playable..."

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Everyone that claims to work/have worked at Nintendo just enjoys the act of toying with our emotions.

1) At this point, everyone in the world has worked at Nintendo - Mii Nintendo, U Nintendo, Wii Nintendo, we're all Nintendo
2) This "pretty big surprise" could turn out to be the ultimate troll

:urg:

In any case, we'll basically know within a month's time :)

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Dont worry, everyone. I had a dream that I worked at Nintendo, and Sakurai told me face-to-face that Shulk will be a playable character before I was even able to ask.

. . . Seriously though, there isn't any use in worrying too much. We've as much leverage as we are going to pretty much get for a character now, prior to reveal. Let's just ride with that while we wait until the day (which is only about a month tops, anyway).

Last edited:

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
Everyone that claims to work/have worked at Nintendo just enjoys the act of toying with our emotions.

1) At this point, everyone in the world has worked at Nintendo - Mii Nintendo, U Nintendo, Wii Nintendo, we're all Nintendo
2) This "pretty big surprise" could turn out to be the ultimate troll

:urg:

In any case, we'll basically know within a month's time :)
On the internet, sure. But face to face? You'd have to be a real jackass. Like I said I don't want to get everyone too riled up, i'll be back Thursday with a report.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Alright, Meta Knight's gonna be confirmed soon. He's gonna get his own trailer. Odd, right? Why would a veteran by him or herself get their own trailer? But then the screen goes wavy and muffled. Meta Knight shows his brokenness by tornado slashing and slash jumping. He's then slapped on the wrist by Shulk who then says "yo man not cool" and it's like "SHULK sees his way into the battle through his visions warning him of such!" like all fanmade titles dragging on, or just to streamline it "Shulk engages the enemy!" and then we see what Shulk can do, and in the background we hear faint sobbing. Sobbing of all those who were proven wrong about him being a generic swordsman.
holy crap Sakurai hurry up and confirm him I'm getting antsy here

Hokori

Great King of Evil
On the internet, sure. But face to face? You'd have to be a real *******. Like I said I don't want to get everyone too riled up, i'll be back Thursday with a report.
Sounds good. Thursday will be even better assuming we actually get Ganondorf to spark up HW.

Alright, Meta Knight's gonna be confirmed soon. He's gonna get his own trailer. Odd, right? Why would a veteran by him or herself get their own trailer? But then the screen goes wavy and muffled. Meta Knight shows his brokenness by tornado slashing and slash jumping. He's then slapped on the wrist by Shulk who then says "yo man not cool" and it's like "SHULK sees his way into the battle through his visions warning him of such!" like all fanmade titles dragging on, or just to streamline it "Shulk engages the enemy!" and then we see what Shulk can do, and in the background we hear faint sobbing. Sobbing of all those who were proven wrong about him being a generic swordsman.
holy crap Sakurai hurry up and confirm him I'm getting antsy here
If Shulk is the only character that can sit Meta Knight down like that, I'll be reporting to Houston about a problem we'll have on our hands :awesome:

Just a month's time at max, YOU CAN ENDURE!

Is it just me, or would Hyrule Warriors style Ganondorf be a great playable character in smash?
He should be in Smash over Captain Ganondorf

Seriously. Sakurai. You better be taking notes

-----

On topic, I'm gonna do something stupid and bet that we're getting more than one character for Xenoblade for absolutely no reason other than, because I want it.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
On topic, I'm gonna do something stupid and bet that we're getting more than one character for Xenoblade for absolutely no reason other than, because I want it.
I would be so down with that. If FE has 4 characters, I don't see why Xenoblade can't have two.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
As I've mentioned before. It's not entirely out of the question. Wouldn't be the first time two newcomers of a particular franchise made their debut at the same time.

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman
As I've mentioned before. It's not entirely out of the question. Wouldn't be the first time two newcomers of a particular franchise made their debut at the same time.
I want to agree, but I don't think this will happen. Fire Emblem was already a long-standing franchise in Japan, with multiple games and a large fanbase. Xenoblade, at the moment, stands at just one game (with another in development, but i wouldn't say this is enough) with a moderate fanbase.

Hey guys did you guys put on glasses

Look

2 character hints. Yea
Already been debunked, it's the Mii Sowrdfighter's beam sword.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I want to agree, but I don't think this will happen. Fire Emblem was already a long-standing franchise in Japan, with multiple games and a large fanbase. Xenoblade, at the moment, stands at just one game (with another in development, but i wouldn't say this is enough) with a moderate fanbase.
I don't think it'll happen either, but I'm more so going along the lines of how two Awakening reps were just included. Yes, FE has been established for quite awhile, but getting two reps from the same game is a first (although one got clone treatment). So yeah, still leaning on Shulk being playable while reps beyond him would serve as ATs, but there's always that small chance.

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
If that were the case I actually would like to see a character that's in X. I feel like it would be a really cool way to begin showing off that game (plus I really want to see more of it asdfghjkl) and I think less people would complain about Xenoblade getting "over repped".

Last edited:

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
In regards to the PotD, the people that are saying that Meta Knight is disconfirmed is like saying Samus is disconfirmed since there's a Mii costume of her. Perhaps he is being teased as a secret character like Mr. Game & Watch, then?

Hokori

Great King of Evil
If that were the case I actually would like to see a character that's in X. I feel like it would be a really cool way to begin showing off that game (plus I really want to see more of it asdfghjkl) and I think less people would complain about Xenoblade getting "over repped".
A character from X could be included in the same fashion Roy was included. Xenoblade hype through the roof.

In regards to the PotD, the people that are saying that Meta Knight is disconfirmed is like saying Samus is disconfirmed since there's a Mii costume of her. Perhaps he is being teased as a secret character like Mr. Game & Watch, then?
Unfortunately, we'll probably never find the answer, but that's not really a subject up for much discussion here anyway :ohwell:

sunnyman

Smash Rookie
That's a good point maybe sakurai will save some veteran reveals for unlocking in game since he has revealed a lot of newcomers so far. Out of curiosity, how many newcomers were revealed after the launch of brawl?

Last edited:

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice
On the internet, sure. But face to face? You'd have to be a real *******. Like I said I don't want to get everyone too riled up, i'll be back Thursday with a report.
Hm. Looking forward to hearing more info (that's if you're not bulls******* of course).

Last edited:

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman
That's a good point maybe sakurai will save some veteran reveals for unlocking in game since he has revealed a lot of newcomers so far. Out of curiosity, how many newcomers were revealed after the launch of brawl?
Zero Suit Samus, Pit, Meta Knight, and Wario (and maybe snake idr)

but yeah when it comes to Xenoblade reps I would be perfectly cool with another from Chronicles but I'd really like to see one from Chronicles X. Even if we haven't seen them in trailers or gameplay much.

Chronicles X is too new for anyone there to be added.

It's a lot more logical if the possible second character comes from Xenoblade Chronicles. Problem with a possible second character is I'm conflicted on who it should be. I'm sure Sakurai might reject Dunban because "he usez a swordsssz" >_>'

(Melia's my favorite though then it's Dunban)

Jje09

Smash Apprentice
Apart from spoilers, I feel like seven would be the best second rep. Smash 4 is Probably the only chance for 2 reps from XC, because if Shulk stays for smash 5, they would probably add someone from XCX to add diversity to the xeno reps.

Last edited:
Apart from spoilers, I feel like seven would be the best second rep. Smash 4 is Probably the only chance for 2 reps from XC, because if Shulk stays for smash 5, they would probably add someone from XCX to add diversity to the xeno reps.
Yeah. Seven seems to be the main one if there's a second pick.

Bet Sakurai will say,"Seven is just a sword use--- Oh wait, seven has two swords.... You're in!" Not sure how that differentiates seven from other sword users. That's my only issue other than preferring Melia or Dunban.

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice
The colour scheme of Samus' Mii suit (luminous blue and red) is the same colour scheme of the Monado.... also, like we've pointed out, Samus is carrying an energy blade. Only Shulk uses an energy blade.

I'm reading into this way too much.

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Yeah. Seven seems to be the main one if there's a second pick.

Bet Sakurai will say,"Seven is just a sword use--- Oh wait, seven has two swords.... You're in!" Not sure how that differentiates seven from other sword users. That's my only issue other than preferring Melia or Dunban.
Her Mechon powers for starters. Mag Storm, Zero Gravity, Final Cross, drones, etc.

And I wouldn't entirely count out the possibility of an XCX rep. Roy says hi.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, I don't think XCX would get the Roy treatment. Roy was the main character of the next game, so there's that. But the main character in XCX is completely customizable. I know there's Robin, but there was a lot more time to consider a moveset for Robin, and the MC of X can supposedly use most if not all weapon types. Robin could use other weapon types through class changes- heck, he shouldn't even be able to use Nosferatu in his Smash form, but he was most notable for tomes, he started the game with them in fact. But I'm rambling at this point.
I mean, it's possible, but I don't see it happening, and if we get another Xenoblade rep, I can only see it being someone from Xenoblade. Most probably Riki.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
The only thing that worried me about Shulk was the Monado's length, but Palutena's attack seems about the same size of a Buster.

I also want seven playable. There's potential for some interesting stuff
plus there being robowaifus in most fighting games

TheFearsomeRyan

Smash Journeyman

It's a lot more logical if the possible second character comes from Xenoblade Chronicles. Problem with a possible second character is I'm conflicted on who it should be. I'm sure Sakurai might reject Dunban because "he usez a swordsssz" >_>'

Well they put Roy in Melee before his game came out and even were planning on putting Lucas in before his game.

ThatLunaticFeline

Smash Journeyman

I think it'd be Melia. Although her playstyle could be seen as similar to Robin's magic use, she's still got some unique ideas.

Otherwise, Riki. He'd be like Pichu in terms of hurtbox and weight, but not ****.

zippy3214

Smash Journeyman
Melia would work well, and already has a Final Smash like move, Mind Blast. I would also love to see her trip to knock away enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom