• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
This is now relevant.

So, with Shulk practically being a shoe-in, what do you think of the chances of him being revealed before Smash is released? I mean, there's always the chance he could be a hidden character.
From what I've read, Sakurai has been giving off the impression that each newcomer will receive a trailer, so I'd say it's most likely that he'll be revealed before launch. Plus, who better to get the Japanese fan base excited? Especially now that Takamaru has been disconfimed.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
From what I've read, Sakurai has been giving off the impression that each newcomer will receive a trailer, so I'd say it's most likely that he'll be revealed before launch. Plus, who better to get the Japanese fan base excited? Especially now that Takamaru has been disconfimed.
Michael Jordan, obviously.

But a Shulk reveal might work too.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
-Sub-forum discussion? I already know the thread I called long ago :)
-Shirtless Swim Trunks Shulk? Oh my.
-More leak discussion? Looks like ol' Hokori needs to have a look through some things.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Thank heavens someone saved that, I was way too lazy to go back looking for it or reupload it.

OH MEYNETH NO WHY WHY WHY
I added it to my bookmarks list when it was first uploaded. I've got Super Shulk Bros. covered. ;)

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I think we should do a thread called the Collectopaedia where we gather information about Shulk before the release of smash 3ds outside of Japan. This thread would compile pics/videos/news from Japan/other sources of information that provide information about the character. The thread's sheer purpose would be for that, and any analysis of the information would be taken to other threads.

edit: K... I'm just going to say wtf to that pic.
edit: Oh, and the thread would also organize the information by what it tells us

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I think we should do a thread called the Collectopaedia where we gather information about Shulk before the release of smash 3ds outside of Japan. This thread would compile pics/videos/news from Japan/other sources of information that provide information about the character. The thread's sheer purpose would be for that, and any analysis of the information would be taken to other threads.

I know some people might find that redundant, but I kind of like it. I'm not sure if it'd fly as a thread, but I could get behind it.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Guys, I know we're less than ten posts away from the K. Rool thread, but let's not hit that benchmark with spam.

I like the Collectopaedia idea, whether or not it can be made into a thread.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Guys, I know we're less than ten posts away from the K. Rool thread, but let's not hit that benchmark with spam.

Alright! So, the whole Collectopaedia idea is pretty good, though I too am not sure if it could be made into a thread all its own, but we try it out at least. Worst case scenario we lock the thread and keep it as an archive of info.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I can't wait for the glorious fanart thread. Glorious, glorious fanart thread.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146

Perhaps the official image thread can be the Collectopaedia and the fanart thread can be the Kenny Rohan art gallery?

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Perhaps the official image thread can be the Collectopaedia and the fanart thread can be the Kenny Rohan art gallery?
If I recall, I'm not sure if Fanart threads are actually allowed. I remember this was a thing with Palutena's Image Gallery was shut down. I wasn't a mod at the time, so I'm not really sure myself

Collectopedia, if the info thread idea doesn't work, is a good image gallery thread name though.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
That sounds like a good idea to me. However, I do like erico's idea for a massive information database thread.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Aaand we just beat K. Rool with this post.
Rejoice! We are now the 2nd most active thread!

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
And tied with K. Rool.

Yeah, Collectopaedia could work as a picture thread.

Edit: Nevermind, we BEAT K. ROOL.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I've had Mechanical Rhythm stuck in my head all day.
I always have atleast one Xenoblade song stuck in my head. It differs from day to day.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
If I recall, I'm not sure if Fanart threads are actually allowed. I remember this was a thing with Palutena's Image Gallery was shut down. I wasn't a mod at the time, so I'm not really sure myself
Yeah.... they don't fly. No buzzkill intended.

Collectopedia, if the info thread idea doesn't work, is a good image gallery thread name though.
Make this the name for the image thread. Heck, I'll do it.

I always have atleast one Xenoblade song stuck in my head. It differs from day to day.
"One Who Gets in Our Way" is always in my head 24/7.

Last edited:

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann

edit: Oh, and the thread would also organize the information by what it tells us
This sounds a little redundant but I still like the effort. Anything to get more people talking about Shulk the better.

Behold your new God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom