• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
To tie into my post on Xenoblade themed thread names, what does everyone think about changing this thread's name to something along the lines of "Colony 6: The Shulk Social Thread" once we get the subforum. Some of us have already discussed this in a private message, but I'd like to get everyone else's opinions as well.

Last edited:

BoxedCookies

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0875-8652
To tie into my post on Xenoblade themed thread names, what does everyone think about changing this threads name to something along the lines of "Colony 6: The Shulk Social Thread" once we get the subforum. Some of us have already discussed this in a private message, but I'd like to get everyone else's opinions as well.
I approve of this. ;) I also like the idea of Junks being a possible stage for Xenoblade. Has it been discussed of maybe the Fallen Arm being a stage as well with both the Bionis and Mechonis being in the background? Loved the scale of them when you first visit the Fallen Arm.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I approve of this. ;) I also like the idea of Junks being a possible stage for Xenoblade. Has it been discussed of maybe the Fallen Arm being a stage as well with both the Bionis and Mechonis being in the background? Loved the scale of them when you first visit the Fallen Arm.
Someone mentioned that many, many pages back. I would be so down with that!

Burruni

Smash Hero
To tie into my post on Xenoblade themed thread names, what does everyone think about changing this threads name to something along the lines of "Colony 6: The Shulk Social Thread" once we get the subforum. Some of us have already discussed this in a private message, but I'd like to get everyone else's opinions as well.
Weapon Development Lap: Moveset Analysis
Colony 6: Social Thread
Frontier village: Humor Thread
Alcamoth Strategy Room: Competitive strategies & Applications
Kenny Rohan Corner: Fan-Art.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I've seen that idea tossed around whenever we discuss stages. Really, stages are probably one of the hardest things to decide on here. Not because there's a lack of material to work with, but because there so darn much it's hard to choose one location over the other. That's why the Junks stage has so many supporters here.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I just want to say, Colony 6 as a social thread is genius. It's so perfect too, it may start off small but over more time more and more people will come to it, just like the game. Well done

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Weapon Development Lap: Moveset Analysis
Colony 6: Social Thread
Frontier village: Humor Thread
Alcamoth Strategy Room: Competitive strategies & Applications
Kenny Rohan Corner: Fan-Art.
I approve of these. We should make sure these names aren't forgotten.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I approve of these. We should make sure these names aren't forgotten.
>4 likes in 5 minutes

>///> Come on guys you're starting to make me blush with all the love for some silly little things!
I'll make sure to find you all online once the game is released and land a Rest on all of you as vengeance for this embarrassment!

I kid, I kid~ Honestly, I'm glad that all the Smash stuff got me into finally putting down the money for Xenoblade because while I've kinda drug my feet groaning at the sheer amount of time I have spent running around completing 400+ quests at my current point in the game, it's been one really noteworthy experience that you just don't find with a lot of games anymore. Especially after growing more and more disappointed in the FF series after the PS1 and finding few new JRPGs with a good bit of that "classic" feel, I'm really glad I got into this game. I'll probably wait a while before picking up X, but that's because I am the kind of person who truly needs a guide for games of this scale.

Not exactly on topic, but... it's part of why I feel Shulk deserves a lot, because Xenoblade deserves Smash representation to the extent of a newcomer being completely warranted.

PS. ~55 Posts til we overtake K. Rool as the largest thread of a newcomer that (I personally believe but you can have your hopes in the places that you want to!) has a chance of being an actual fighter and not a stage hazard!

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
>4 likes in 5 minutes

>///> Come on guys you're starting to make me blush with all the love for some silly little things!
I'll make sure to find you all online once the game is released and land a Rest on all of you as vengeance for this embarrassment!

I kid, I kid~ Honestly, I'm glad that all the Smash stuff got me into finally putting down the money for Xenoblade because while I've kinda drug my feet groaning at the sheer amount of time I have spent running around completing 400+ quests at my current point in the game, it's been one really noteworthy experience that you just don't find with a lot of games anymore. Especially after growing more and more disappointed in the FF series after the PS1 and finding few new JRPGs with a good bit of that "classic" feel, I'm really glad I got into this game. I'll probably wait a while before picking up X, but that's because I am the kind of person who truly needs a guide for games of this scale.

Not exactly on topic, but... it's part of why I feel Shulk deserves a lot, because Xenoblade deserves Smash representation to the extent of a newcomer being completely warranted.

PS. ~55 Posts til we overtake K. Rool as the largest thread of a newcomer that has a chance of being an actual fighter and not a stage hazard!
Hey now, no picking on Ridley in this thread. That only leads to bad things!

(But yay Shulk!)

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Hey now, no picking on Ridley in this thread. That only leads to bad things!

(But yay Shulk!)
Man, Ridley, what a stupid character. Too big, too evil, too supported. Everyone that likes Ridley is stupid. :troll:

We are only one page behind K. Rool now!

Theotakugirl9

Smash Apprentice
Man, Ridley, what a stupid character. Too big, too evil, too supported. Everyone that likes Ridley is stupid. :troll:

We are only one page behind K. Rool now!
ridley shouldnt become playable i dont know why people think hed be a good character i think he should stage as a stage boss or a boss

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Okay guys, lets just drop Ridley. Maybe we can come up with some more thread names. Anyone else have any ideas?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Okay guys, lets just drop Ridley. Maybe we can come up with some more thread names. Anyone else have any ideas?
Granted, I haven't been on the threads of confirmed characters that much, but what type of sub-threads do would we need? I'd love to toss out more ideas, since people seem to like them, but I don't know what I am working for, y'know?

Neo Zero

Now now boys and girls. Unless Ridley was in Xenoblade I don't see why we're talking about him :p

Besides, everyone knows Shulk and friends have beaten way bigger game on the Bionis :p

I'm trying to think of a good image thread name (since I try to always snag those) but I can't think of one >_<

Granted, I haven't been on the threads of confirmed characters that much, but what type of sub-threads do would we need? I'd love to toss out more ideas, since people seem to like them, but I don't know what I am working for, y'know?
Pre release good ones include an image thread, general thread (this one), social thread, and moveset discussion.

Once the game is released there are other things that can be done like match up threads and the like, but that's for later.

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
If we have an alternate costume thread, how about we call it something along the lines of "The Armor Shop."

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So what's this event leak that everyone's talking about? Is it private or can we see it?

And I think the names of the threads for the subforums are fitting. c:

Burruni

Smash Hero
One subject a little bit more Shulk-centric when it comes to how he would integrate into Smashdom, what are we going to have for alternate costumes/colors? Judging by Little Mac and Mii Fighters, it seems like more humanly designed newcomers this game are getting more outfits where the entire clothing changes than flat color swaps like the old games (due to 3DS team battles being confirmed to have colored outlines? We haven't heard a word about team battles on Wii U). Are there any specific armor sets you think would suit well to be a Shulk alt?

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
One subject a little bit more Shulk-centric when it comes to how he would integrate into Smashdom, what are we going to have for alternate costumes/colors? Judging by Little Mac and Mii Fighters, it seems like more humanly designed newcomers this game are getting more outfits where the entire clothing changes than flat color swaps like the old games (due to 3DS team battles being confirmed to have colored outlines? We haven't heard a word about team battles on Wii U). Are there any specific armor sets you think would suit well to be a Shulk alt?
A lot of armor pieces in the game are recolors of previous pieces, so it's like they were begging for Shulk in Smash from the beginning, and had the courtesy of having pre-decided recolor alts.
But I would love the Stellar Armor as an alt costume. My favorite looking armor for Shulk.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
So what's this event leak that everyone's talking about? Is it private or can we see it?

And I think the names of the threads for the subforums are fitting. c:
It's posted in full over in the rumor and leaks thread. Neo Zero has been talking to the leaker. I posted the parts pertaining to Shulk a page or two back, but we're trying to keep the discussion on that one limited to the other thread for now until further information is verified.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
I havent seen that many ridley supporters ive seen more goku supporters than ridley supporters
I am just going to segway off-topic for a little bit to explain that the Ridley thread has thousands and thousands of posts, and it's not because it's a source of infighting.
It's literally the only place where the thousands of Ridley fans can be totally safe.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
It's posted in full over in the rumor and leaks thread. Neo Zero has been talking to the leaker. I posted the parts pertaining to Shulk a page or two back, but we're trying to keep the discussion on that one limited to the other thread for now until further information is verified.
Wouldn't it be a bit difficult to verify something like this, or does @ Neo Zero Neo Zero have methods? I meant to ask. It's a bit off topic, so maybe someone could privately explain it to me?

I'm curious what the Down special is, if this leak is true.

Neo Zero

Wouldn't it be a bit difficult to verify something like this, or does @ Neo Zero Neo Zero have methods? I meant to ask. It's a bit off topic, so maybe someone could privately explain it to me?

I'm curious what the Down special is, if this leak is true.
I just contacted him on Gamefaqs. I like to try to give people a chance, and get to the bottom of what they have to say

Down B is a Counter, but it's a lot different from other counters. It sounds like it works like a Vision, your opponent gets frozen for a moment, and Shulk can freely move. He can roll behind and use his side smash, Backstab, to deal a large amount of damage. I have a few things I can verify it with once Shulk's trailer comes out, but that's a story for another time (and another thread)

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Well, I've practically got a checklist of potential alternate costumes right here.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Reyn-dunk.gif

Reyn dunking Riki, as requested by @ Spazzy_D Spazzy_D .

Didn't expect this one to be so hard to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom