• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Sakurai calls you in to choose 6-8 songs for the Guar Plains stage on the Wii U. Which ones do you select? Easier to do than choosing a favorite in particular, still hard though :p Use the 'Link' feature for the song titles if you'd like rather than embed all of the videos.
Rearranged
Original
Original
Original
Original
Original
Original
Original
Well, 8 songs are hard to choose. I would like at least 10.
EDIT: Unfinished Battle could (and should, Yoko <3) be in instead of To The Last Battle. Other considerations were One Who Gets In Our Way, Satorl Marsh [Night] and Valak Mountain [Night] as well as Frontier Village [Day] and Colony 9 [Day].

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Sakurai calls you in to choose 6-8 songs for the Guar Plains stage on the Wii U. Which ones do you select? Easier to do than choosing a favorite in particular, still hard though :p Use the 'Link' feature for the song titles if you'd like rather than embed all of the videos.
"Gaur Plains," obviously, "Zanza," "You Will Know Our Names," "Agniratha," either day or night, "Riki, The Legendary Heropon," "Prologue B," "Mechanical Rhythm," and "Tragic Decision."

D

Deleted member

My favorite Xenoblade song is easily You Will Know Our Names. It's blood-pumping and it gets you in the mood to fight a battle. It gets you that feeling of, "Oh, a giant caterpillar wants to fight me? *theme plays* OH! I'M READY FOR YOU!" It's amazing and it's by far my favorite song in any RPG.

Easy!
1. You Will Know Our Names: Iconic battle theme.
2. Gaur Plains: Why wouldn't this make an appearance?
3. Mechanical Rhythm: Popular battle theme that plays at some point in the game.
4. Unfinished Battle: Underheard, but still loved song.
5. Engage the Enemy: I imagine that they might to remix this one. One detail that I love about this song is that every cutscene that has it plays along with the song. Like, every cutscene was made with this song in mind.
6. Satorl Marsh - Night: I think of it like Midna's Lament; it's a very popular song that is unfitting for battle.
7. Colony 9: First area in the game. The track deserves its spot.
8. One Who Gets In Our Way: Popular boss theme.

If I could, I would put in a song from The Last Story and Pandora's Tower.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
-Guar Plains (Play Night version during...nighttime)
-Unfinished Battle
-Zanza
-You Will Know Our Names
-Time To Fight/Mechanical Rhythm
-Imperial Capital Agniratha (Play Night version during...nighttime)
-To The Last Battle
-Engage The Enemy/Tragic Decision

People paying too much attention to numbers is sort of pathetic.
It honestly doesn't do anything.

I also like the selections I've been seeing. Kinda hard not to though.

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I have to say, this is another of my personal favorites. I don't see it making it into Smash, but it's till worth a listen.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I just like that the support thread of a "niche" character has surpassed that of a character that a lot of people support. There goes the niche argument. Other than that, I don't really care.

Last edited:

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
I just like that the support thread of a "niche" character has surpassed that of a character that a lot of people support. There goes the niche argument. Other than that, I don't really give a s**t.
This reminds me of something I posted in Colony 9. It really upsets me since days that when other people don't like stuff, they always end up hating on something and insulting other people who like certain characters. You can like or dislike a character, and you can tell others about it. You just shouldn't make topics and posts that bash a certain character/fanbase every day or even every hour.
This reminds me of the fact that I'd really like to complain about GameFAQs.

Aside from Ridley, Daisy is a pretty common subject to have 2 topics on one page.

One thing: I don't dislike Daisy supporters in general; anyone shall like what he wants to like; but I hate it when someone insults other characters and users. Now, to my complaint:

I have a problem with those Daisy supporters who bash other unique characters just because they are "niche" and they didn't sell well. I think Daisy is a bland clone character that only existed to give Luigi a waifu when Rosalina didn't exist (Yeah, I ship Rosalina x Luigi). Oh, by the way, those Daisy supporters mostly have an extreme hatred against "Rosaline" because... she's a blue Peach clone. YEAH. It's probably a case of "Die For Our Ship" and general saltiness that Rosalina did way more than Daisy in her shorter time of existence.

And then there are other people who deem some franchises as "niche" and want for example Mario or Pokémon to have a ridiculous amount of characters on the roster. While insulting the "niche" characters and fans of said "niche" characters.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I just like that the support thread of a "niche" character has surpassed that of a character that a lot of people support. There goes the niche argument. Other than that, I don't really give a s**t.
While it's great to see people really appreciating Shulk, I do have to ask you not to censor dodge like that. The censors are there for a reason after all.

I do love how mainstream Shulk is ending up though. Who knows how big Xenoblade will be after it's in Smash.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
While it's great to see people really appreciating Shulk, I do have to ask you not to censor dodge like that. The censors are there for a reason after all.

I do love how mainstream Shulk is ending up though. Who knows how big Xenoblade will be after it's in Smash.
Got it, edited my post.

Theotakugirl9

Smash Apprentice

Xenoblade is awesome!!!! Everyone aboard the hype train!!!!

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Okay, now I have to mention what is, in my opinion, the most relaxing song in the game.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
When we have the Shulk sub forum, can we have a thread just for Xenoblade music? We can share sheet music and gush over its awesomeness.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
This reminds me of something I posted in Colony 9. It really upsets me since days that when other people don't like stuff, they always end up hating on something and insulting other people who like certain characters. You can like or dislike a character, and you can tell others about it. You just shouldn't make topics and posts that bash a certain character/fanbase every day or even every hour.
I just ignore the people who use the "niche" argument they are just trying to build a leg for the character to stand on. Mostly people who bash don't have anything to say on why they think their character should get in so they bash other characters.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Monado Monday, but on a Friday

Also I felt bad, and you edited it right away and seemed to learn your lesson, so I deleted the warning. Just be careful next time, and that goes to everyone in this thread too

Was there any jukebox area in Xenoblade? I wanna say no, but I forget.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Monado Monday, but on a Friday

Also I felt bad, and you edited it right away and seemed to learn your lesson, so I deleted the warning. Just be careful next time, and that goes to everyone in this thread too

Was there any jukebox area in Xenoblade? I wanna say no, but I forget.
You SHOULD feel bad.

Nah, I kid. Everyone makes mistakes, me included. Even though I am the god of GIF's.

Neo Zero

You SHOULD feel bad.

Nah, I kid. Everyone makes mistakes, me included. Even though I am the god of GIF's.
Just don't make a gif with my face and we'll be golden :D

good luck doing that, I change my avatars every 4 seconds.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
....am I the first one to mention this? again? orz I just really like this song ok
...but in all honesty a great amount of tracks can be used. I just really want the ones I mentioned especially the first one

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Whatever songs they pick for Xenoblade I hope we get at least one guitar cover I'm a sucker for guitar covers.

Neo Zero

Wait, Sakurai called me

"Where is Shulk! Show us him already"

....he hung up

Bit lazy to grab the urls, but I'm sure most have been posted anyway

Mechonis Field, Gaur Plains (Day), To the Last Battle, Zanza, Mechanical Rhythm, Snowy Valak Mountain (Night) and Time to Fight!

I don't completely know what you mean by "jukebox area", but I don't think so.

Don't change your avatar again! I like that one!
I might use Seven later in the week :p

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
....am I the first one to mention this? again? orz I just really like this song ok
...but in all honesty a great amount of tracks can be used. I just really want the ones I mentioned especially the first one
I'm sure we'll have more than just 6-8 tracks though. Castle Siege had what...like 12?

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
This sounds a little redundant but I still like the effort. Anything to get more people talking about Shulk the better.

Would this be redundant? I mean for the subforum if that point is being missed. Otherwise..

With this thread, people could see what we know and why we know it in a very quick manner instead of having to search around the internet for details. It would work simply: if you find a source of information about Shulk you just post it to the thread and it will be organized into the op. If you're looking for information about Shulk you just read the op, which has been organized just for you. I'm sure information from Japan about the game will be highly valuable and hard to find, and this thread would house that information and along with it any other info too.

I could run the thread, maintaining an unbiased point of view when summarizing information. The only thing is I'm unsure of my future on these forums, but I'll probably stick it out here at least until the game comes out. As it turns out, shortly after the game's release is when the thread would become useless, since information would be available from the game itself and various other sites and stuff, so at that point it would probably die anyways. I've also been considering starting competitive Smash Bros, so I very well could be sticking around and helping develop strategies for using Shulk and other characters.

It doesn't need to be called Collectopaedia, so if you guys would rather use that name for this picture thread you're more than welcome to.

As for what information I, specifically, can contribute, I'm pretty good at finding videos on NicoNico even though I don't speak Japanese. As I said though, the thread would be the place to go for anyone who has information to share.

The thread would be especially useful if Shulk is a hidden character, but still would have its uses if he's not.

Dunban

Smash Journeyman
God am I late to the party. #2 wahey!

Also, not sure if this has been suggested, but what if Monado Speed is his dodge?
Best music in the game? No question:

And due to the mention of basketball players in smash a while ago, I discovered these:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
God am I late to the party. #2 wahey!

Also, not sure if this has been suggested, but what if Monado Speed is his dodge?
Best music in the game? No question:

And due to the mention of basketball players in smash a while ago, I discovered these:

DUNKSON.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom