• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
It's a word but not accepted by English literature, I believe it's even in most dictionaries.
For example, I believe Ain't and Y'all are in the dictionary but aren't accepted by English Literature.
In other words yes it is a word... but not in literature.
Certain words are listed in the dictionary simply as slang. I believe that funner is one of those words.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I gave Mechanical Rhythm a full listen and I think it is Trailer Hype Worthy, especially when you think of Shulk running towards his opponents with Monado in hand.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
So because you was here first we suppose you some respect, respect is earned and I can't respect someone that attack someone because of their ignorance on subjects, and that "know you place" comment who the hell are you to say that to someone. You'er just attacking people for no reason.
Just go to his profile and hit the ignore button. It'll save you plenty of time and jimmies.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Happy 300 pages!!! I would give you guys a cookie but I ate them.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
It's a word but not accepted by English literature, I believe it's even in most dictionaries.
For example, I believe Ain't and Y'all are in the dictionary but aren't accepted by English Literature.
Interesting...maybe we will all become as knowledgable as Shulk soon.

Off topic but worth noting: The people discussing the big leak made a new thread showing off their pictures of palette swaps prior to the E3 demo which showcased them. Many Shulk supporters might have banked on his inclusion due to Gemetsu and with that leak gone, it seems like it didn't take long for another to creep into its place. Of course we'll just have to wait (not long) and see how this pans out.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
So I leave for awhile...come to the 302nd page, and before I can even scroll down, I see such a fantastic gif :D

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
The only way to unlock Shulk will be to beat the game on the hardest difficulty with one stock using every character. When you beat Master Hand and Crazy Hand with the final character before Shulk's reveal, you get one stock of every other character and you must fight Shulk and beat him to unlock him.

He's like the new Tabuu, but playable.

For some reason his costume is also gold and white during this portion of the game. :troll:

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I imagined you sounding like JonTron in this video.
P.S. I thought you were sleeping?:smirk:
That is probably where I got it from actually. P.S I hate you all. I can't even make gifs for a week.....

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Interesting...maybe we will all become as knowledgable as Shulk soon.

Off topic but worth noting: The people discussing the big leak made a new thread showing off their pictures of palette swaps prior to the E3 demo which showcased them. Many Shulk supporters might have banked on his inclusion due to Gemetsu and with that leak gone, it seems like it didn't take long for another to creep into its place. Of course we'll just have to wait (not long) and see how this pans out.
Wait, there's a new rumor people are clamoring to? What's it about? Is Shulk on there...

I gave Mechanical Rhythm a full listen and I think it is Trailer Hype Worthy, especially when you think of Shulk running towards his opponents with Monado in hand.
I know a lot of people bank on You Will Know Our Names being the song played during Shulk's trailer, but I can totally see them going with Mechanical Rhythm instead. And personally I'd prefer it since I love Mechanical Rhythm (has a Ys vibe to it).

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wait, there's a new rumor people are clamoring to? What's it about? Is Shulk on there...

Yeah, he is. Although apparently he's a stance character who switches "Monado Modes" with his Neutral B. The leak has it's merits, but otherwise I'm extremely confused by this.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims

I know a lot of people bank on You Will Know Our Names being the song played during Shulk's trailer, but I can totally see them going with Mechanical Rhythm instead. And personally I'd prefer it since I love Mechanical Rhythm (has a Ys vibe to it).
Shulk is there. Some developing leak thats endorsed by mods among others. Part of it has been posted here in the past.

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...ght1-compilation-theory.362684/#post-17175207

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman

I wouldn't mind seeing Unfinished Battle used for the trailer myself. :p

...or what if it's a totally original music piece used that is equally awesome? :D

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Thanks for clarifying, but I got curious and found this http://grammarist.com/usage/funner-more-fun/
Turns out fun is an adjective now, and funner/funnest is used correctly in literature. But fun used to be a noun so it's still common to think that funner/funnest is slang or incorrect.
Shulk thread confirmed for learning.

The only way to unlock Shulk will be to beat the game on the hardest difficulty with one stock using every character. When you beat Master Hand and Crazy Hand with the final character before Shulk's reveal, you get one stock of every other character and you must fight Shulk and beat him to unlock him.

He's like the new Tabuu, but playable.

For some reason his costume is also gold and white during this portion of the game. :troll:
Yes, if Shulk is unlockable I'd like him to be the last or hardest to unlock. It seems a lot more cooler that way. I remember feeling like that for Melee unlockables. I used to think Roy was better than Marth because he was unlocked later.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Yes, if Shulk is unlockable I'd like him to be the last or hardest to unlock. It seems a lot more cooler that way. I remember feeling like that for Melee unlockables. I used to think Roy was better than Marth because he was unlocked later.
Urgh, I'm an impatient sort. I'd really rather Shulk be an earlier unlock, I don't think I could stand waiting even longer for him.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Shulk is there. Some developing leak thats endorsed by mods among others. Part of it has been posted here in the past.

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...ght1-compilation-theory.362684/#post-17175207
Interesting. Though I can't say I'm pleased about Ice Climbers, Wolf AND Snake getting cut while we have seven Mario characters, Dark Pit and the Duck Hunt Dog (feels more like a Assist Trophy). But still, after Gematsu I'm not putting any faith in leaks. I still stand by everyone coming back sans Squirtle, Ivysaur and Snake plus getting four more newcomers. That being Ridley, a RH rep, a DK rep and Shulk. Well see how that pans out though. Still nice to see Shulk in every leak though, just goes to show how likely he is.

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
Warning Received
BUGGREAGH
Darn it. Welp, 200 posts in the new world!

AAAAAAAND 200! I love all of you!
Sort of perhaps maybe okay fine not really.
Wait, what am I saying? The truth Y'all are amazing. Thanks for lettin' me be a member of your Bronado group!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Urgh, I'm an impatient sort. I'd really rather Shulk be an earlier unlock, I don't think I could stand waiting even longer for him.
I agree I don't want another Mewtwo, he took too long to unlock.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I always remain relatively quiet when it comes to leaks. I take the "sit back and watch how things unfold" approach. If it's true, cool. If not, oh well. We'll be seeing everything soon enough anyway.

I will say though that seeing Shulk's name on all of the 'major' leaks makes me kinda giddy :awesome:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I can't choose what xenoblade songs should be in the game too many too pick.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I always remain relatively quiet when it comes to leaks. I take the "sit back and watch how things unfold" approach. If it's true, cool. If not, oh well. We'll be seeing everything soon enough anyway.

I will say though that seeing Shulk's name on all of the 'major' leaks makes me kinda giddy :awesome:
I guess you could say they... know his name?
That pun didn't come out nearly as awesomely as I anticipated
Also, who the **** pranked me

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Look at the bright side, though. If Shulk was a starter you wouldn't try any other characters :troll:

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
I do find it interesting though that the four people leaking this info have conflicting views on the validity of pretty much every character listed, except for Shulk. They all think Shulk is in. Why? BECAUSE SHULKAMANUA IS RUNNIN' WILD, BROTHER! (Am I beating a dead horse with this Shulkamania thing?)

Last edited:

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Meh. Another day, another leak. The fact that Shulk has come up in SO many of them makes me quite happy, though. :D

But. I'm not a big fan of it aside from Shulky-Poo. I don't want Lucas, Wolf, or even the Ice Climbers to be cut... :'(

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
All you're doing is harassing Solfiner and starting unnecessary drama. Seriously. Just ****ing stop it. We were having a perfectly pleasant time in here until you came and ruined it.
Honestly, guys, you are starting to make me miss those days... When Isaac and Shulk "flamewars" were something usual. During that time Smash Boards was interesting and fun. I never knew about Xenoblade before Smash Boards. And somehow, Shulk was brought to Isaac thread. During those days, some stupid things were said from both sides... Regardless, those discussion were possitive for both sides, because the whole forum was able to know the triumphs and flaws of both series, introducing those to new people.

I have to say, that Smart and Respectful are two words that describe correctly the Shulk supporters of the past. They had solid well constructed arguments, paragraphs of those. and it was good, they proved that i was wrong in somethings. I was underating Xenoblade, even before playing it and then they shown me facts and then i came here to this thread and i was able to see images, music, videos and arguments. And they made me want to play Xenoblade. And when i did it found an amazing game with a really deep options of exploration, inmense duration and an interesting concepts in game play, personally Action RPGs are not my favourite genre, but Xenoblade was convincing in anything, soundtrack, designs...

But the best thing of Xenoblade is the history and how the characters are builded. The history of Xenoblade is a great history. Great histories are about changing the apocalyptic, inevitable, obscure fate of the world. Great histories are about people being able to overcome impassable obstacles willingness, friendship and love, and im not talking of the love of the movies, im talking about a love that is beyond that.
And that is not something new, but Xenoblade aplied this correctly. With emphasis in the personality of the characters, making of Xenoblade an unique experience.

Nowadays, this thread has become just the spam hype thread of Smash, all what made great Shulk followers in the SSB4 character discussion section seems to be gone. They used to be the best fan base of this forum, but at some point the confidence turned in to arrogance and the greatests Shulk supporters are not active as they used to be, the strenght of Shulk followers today is based on number. Otherwise they would be defenseless, they seem unable to construct an argument instead the would dedicate one line to answer you, a random image and pointless links. And that is really sad for me, a part of my essence has banished with the disappearance of legit discussions.

Despite that i have to admit that my attitude towards an specific user was dumb, im a human being and humans usually do stupid things when they dont know what to do. And you know. Im not afraid of being like that, a human. Nintendo is something important in my life, is part of my childhood and Pokemon specifically was one of the most important parts of it. and some of the sentences of that specific user are a crime, heresy, there are not enough adjetives to describe it.

And im just dumb, but thats what my life is about, im a random dumb guy who loves videogames. For me, videogames are important. I have new goal that im going to pursue. And i know that is going to be impossible to reach, for that reason im going to accomplish that. Time is going to put everything in the place that it deserves to be, is going to take a long time, but i know that im able to do it. You will remember this post, you will remember my name.

And at the end, i just hope for Shulk being confirmed as soon as possible now, because that is the happy ending that everyone deserves. Have a nice day, people. Im leaving now, but im going to return, one day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom