• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makrrrrrr

Smash Apprentice
I just have to say, I didn't love this trailer as much as the first 2. Maybe because it was still dubbed in Japanese or something. The sequence and dialogues are all over the place. Not to mention, the closeups looks a little bit rough.

And the name as well, to be honest, is not good. Xenoblade Chronicles X? Really? Should've just named in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and say that it is a 'Final Fantasy'-esque deal, or just followed the Japanese one, a simple Xenoblade X.

Anyway, upon watching the Treehouse streams. I didn't even care about those things. I just want to play it now!!

(Edit: This reaction is upon watching it LIVE during the Digital Event, but the more I watch it now, the more I love it.)

Last edited:

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
I just have to say, I didn't love this trailer as much as the first 2. Maybe because it was still dubbed in Japanese or something. The sequence and dialogues are all over the place. Not to mention, the closeups looks a little bit rough.

And the name as well, to be honest, is not good. Xenoblade Chronicles X? Really? Should've just named in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and say that it is a 'Final Fantasy'-esque deal, or just followed the Japanese one, a simple Xenoblade X.

Anyway, upon watching the Treehouse streams. I didn't even care about those things. I just want to play it now!!
Eh, I'm just glad we have story details now. Other than the fact that it was more of X, I wasn't amazed by it. You just kinda know what to expect with Xeno now. Fantasy/Sci-fi Gnosticism etc. The most exciting part is getting to play it next year...why's 2015 gotta be so far off...

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The point
of Melia liking Shulk was to make it beleeivable that Fiora would actually die / not come back, from a metalogically thinking players perceptive.
First of all, the reason for Melia was to create an emotional link to the High Entia people so that you would care about what might happen to them, and to give Shulk and company a practical link to the emperor.

Second, please edit your post to use the spoiler tag, and that also goes for anyone talking about
Zanza

Not everyone here has played the game.

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
First of all, the reason for Melia was to create an emotional link to the High Entia people so that you would care about what might happen to them, and to give Shulk and company a practical link to the emperor.

Second, please edit your post to use the spoiler tag, and that also goes for anyone talking about
Zanza

Not everyone here has played the game.
I didn't say it was the point of Melia, just the reason of why she likes Shulk
also, I will.

SolemnDIvide

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, I'm new to forums and close irl friend to Banjodorf. I'd always hear about some of the interesting activities that happen on forum but never seemed to have the urge to make an account ( even considering how much I enjoyed the smash series ). Now with all the hype surrounding the upcoming game and possible character additions I'd finally giving in to my urges and made an account. After my best bro ( Banjodorf ) had me play Xenoblade Chronicles I'd fell in with the game along with it's well developed and charming characters. After finding out that Monolith Soft became a 1st party with Nintendo it made me all the more excited and hopeful that we get to see a certain blonde haired protagonist with an interesting sword ( and I'm not talking about Tidus :p ) make his debut in the upcoming Smash game. Sorry if this introduction seems lengthy and a little annoying but I'd like to have made a good impression on you nice folks and hope to have some great times ahead. Thanks for your time. ^-^

P.S *Also a small note I happen to screw up my username a bit so the first in Divide is capitalized so if that was anything that might have been a concern to anyone that's why haha

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hi guys, I'm new to forums and close irl friend to Banjodorf. I'd always hear about some of the interesting activities that happen on forum but never seemed to have the urge to make an account ( even considering how much I enjoyed the smash series ). Now with all the hype surrounding the upcoming game and possible character additions I'd finally giving in to my urges and made an account. After my best bro ( Banjodorf ) had me play Xenoblade Chronicles I'd fell in with the game along with it's well developed and charming characters. After finding out that Monolith Soft became a 1st party with Nintendo it made me all the more excited and hopeful that we get to see a certain blonde haired protagonist with an interesting sword ( and I'm not talking about Tidus :p ) make his debut in the upcoming Smash game. Sorry if this introduction seems lengthy and a little annoying but I'd like to have made a good impression on you nice folks and hope to have some great times ahead. Thanks for your time. ^-^
Word. :shades:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

P.S *Also a small note I happen to screw up my username a bit so the first in Divide is capitalized so if that was anything that might have been a concern to anyone that's why haha
Welcome to the forums! I'm sending our cuddliest support member out to give you a proper greetings!

fefe1688

Smash Rookie
NNID
fefe16888
3DS FC
0662-3153-7633
I have a strong feeling that Sakurai will troll us by putting Ridley in instead of Shulk on August 19th.

SolemnDIvide

Smash Rookie
I have a strong feeling that Sakurai will troll us by putting Ridley in instead of Shulk on August 19th.
I feel ya on that. If it's anything like how we got trolled for our additions to the roster I wouldn't put it past him. Sakurai is far too good at trolling the fanbase and honestly it's a little scary. lol

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Hey, you also seem to be new! Are you a fellow Shulk supporter? We need to know these sort of things around here so @BluePikmin11 can keep his list up to date. (Also, welcome, I'll be sending Riki you're way too.)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Trust me, Sakurai would do the opposite. He lives off the tears of Ridley fans.
The trailer's just going to have Shulk doing a bunch of awesome stuff, and then at the end we see a Ridley shadow, and Riki (is either there already or shows up) and says "Dinobeast!". Trailer over.

And thus it continues.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
No idea if this has been posted or not but I just found this:

Have you guys been able to find any good covers for the game's OST? I've only found like two and the first one wasn't very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom