• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Viridi was in the trailer for a moment, and I beleive she has a uunique voice actor, so I kind of doubt they'de bring her in for just one line
Chrom's voice actor would like to have a word with you... and by word I mean several grunts before he takes a nap on the ground.

Last edited:

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
Chrom's voice actor would like to have a word with you... and by word I mean several grunts before he takes a nap on the ground.
But he was still in the game, even if as Final Smash. Not to mention that he was atleast part of the trailer, Varidi's voice was just... there... for some reason, seriously, even if she is a talk thing, I don't really get why she was in the trailer.

Last edited:

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
If Palutena/Pit has some kind of Snake like talk thing with Varidi and Hades and etc. then I hope they freak out over Shulk, get a little scared and stuff, that would be hilarious.
OMG, someone has to write this now. Where'd those fanfic people go? :laugh:
Hades and Palutena
"Mm. Looks like you're fighting him, Lady Palutena."
"Hades. Why are you here again?"
"Just want to warn you about Shulky Shulk. It only seems polite. He really has a... nice body God-Slaying Sword."
"Uh, should we be scared?"
"You should be shaking in your little goddess boots, Palutena. I, however, am fine to watch from over here."
"Oh boy. I can do this. It's only a sword... that kills gods. Hey, that thing isn't instant death, right?"
"..."
"Right?! Darn it, Hades, you only said that to freak me out, right?!"

Pit and Viridi

"So, who is this guy?"
"Some blondie that lived on a big machine. He has a sword that can kill gods t—"
"Oh no! He's after Lady Palutena!"
"What? Where did you get that idea, feather brain?!"
"I must stop him! For Lady Palutenaaaaaaa!
"Gah! Palutena isn't the only goddess you know, right?!"
"I'll save yooooou, Palutenaaaa!"
Viridi could only sigh and huff in response.

Last edited:

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
I was editing my previous post to say this, but then it got destroyed when the site needed maintenance. I honestly think it would be cool if maybe Chrom/other units would be in, and talk to Robin about tactics with fighting other characters, pointing out their weaknesses and stuff, example:

CHROM: I've heard of this guy before, his name is Little Mac, he's a world liege boxer and has a punch thats said to K.O. anyone in one hit!

ROBIN: WHAT! that seems a little rediculous

CHROM: but apparently he has no hope in the air

ROBIN: So I guess the best strategy would be to get above him an use elwind to either hurt him, or force him into the air

etc.

Hades and Palutena
"Mm. Looks like you're fighting him, Lady Palutena."
"Hades. Why are you here again?"
"Just want to warn you about Shulky Shulk. It only seems polite. He really has a... nice body God-Slaying Sword."
"Uh, should we be scared?"
"You should be shaking in your little goddess boots, Palutena. I, however, am fine to watch from over here."
"Oh boy. I can do this. It's only a sword... that kills gods. Hey, that thing isn't instant death, right?"
"..."
"Right?! Darn it, Hades, you only said that to freak me out, right?!"

Pit and Viridi

"So, who is this guy?"
"Some blondie that lived on a big machine. He has a sword that can kill gods t—"
"Oh no! He's after Lady Palutena!"
"What? Where did you get that idea, feather brain?!"
"I must stop him! For Lady Palutenaaaaaaa!
"Gah! Lady Palutena isn't the only goddess you know, right?!"
"I'll save yooooou, Palutenaaaa!"
Viridi could only sigh and huff in response.
Also this is perfect. If this is how it goes, imagine a battle with Pit vs Palutena and some kind of ridiculous excuse from each side as to why they're fighting eachother, that if you listen to both you'll know is untrue

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I FINALLY CAUGHT UP. And yes, Dittson is officially our mascot now.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Viridi was in the trailer for a moment, and I beleive she has a unique voice actor, so I kind of doubt they'de bring her in for just one line
This would actually be great because the writing of the Uprising characters is great. There's such an amazing dynamic between them.

Sadly I don't think it'd work too well for Xenoblade's guys. Fighting someone as Shulk when suddenly "YEAH SHULK, GET STUCK IN"

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
This would actually be great because the writing of the Uprising characters is great. There's such an amazing dynamic between them.

Sadly I don't think it'd work too well for Xenoblade's guys. Fighting someone as Shulk when suddenly "YEAH SHULK, GET STUCK IN"
I think that each party member will be represented in some form, either in Final Smash or Assist Trophy. I personally think Sharla is a likely Assit trophy, since she would heal you, and another healing assist would be nice

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Sooo, um, when's Shoulk?

Shulk-is-waiting.gif

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
As repetitive as the first 30 seconds are, it really goes perfectly for this.
Actually makes me appreciate it more.
I have no idea why it fits so well, it just does. Felt a sudden urge to listen to it while making the gif, and created magic I guess.

Last edited:

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea why it fits so well, it just does. Felt a sudden urge to listen to it while making the gif, and created magic I guess.
The head bopping just goes really well with the "bum buh bud uh bum" in that track.
Duckson is now all I'll see when that track plays.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Sakurai revealed today that Nosferatu actually does more damage if you attack from behind. I always thought that Shulk should have Back Slash as one of his specials should he be in the game, but I wasn't sure if they had the technology to make an attack from behind do more damage than in front. Now that we know they do, and the fact that the Back Shield exists, I find it a very real possibility that this would be one of Shulk's attacks should he get in.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Sakurai revealed today that Nosferatu actually does more damage if you attack from behind. I always thought that Shulk should have Back Slash as one of his specials should he be in the game, but I wasn't sure if they had the technology to make an attack from behind do more damage than in front. Now that we know they do, and the fact that the Back Shield exists, I find it a very real possibility that this would be one of Shulk's attacks should he get in.
...I totally forgot about the back shield! I feel like Sakurai put it in this game specifically for this back mechanic. My boy Shulk baby! I can feel it (cue Dickson)

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
...I totally forgot about the back shield! I feel like Sakurai put it in this game specifically for this back mechanic. My boy Shulk baby! I can feel it (cue ****son)
son
Edit: Forgot he was out of photobucket bandwidth...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Nosferatu pic got me thinking...
What if all of Shulk's attacks were like that? What if Back Slash was a Smash attack that is stronger from behind than in front of the opponent? Or what if Slit Edge was a tilt and it is stronger from the front than behind?
That would make for an interesting mechanic for Shulk.

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
What if all of Shulk's attacks were like that? What if Back Slash was a Smash attack that is stronger from behind than in front of the opponent? Or what if Slit Edge was a tilt and it is stronger from the front than behind?
I think a mechanic like that would sort of be pushed out of the way by some other unique mechanic, like a talent gauge.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I believe I'll just leave the ****son to you from now on.
I truly am the
Derksondittoseesyou_zps73dd6949.png
you all deserve.
I would be okay with maybe 2-3 attacks being like that, but all of them would be too gimmicky for my tastes.

D

Deleted member

I think a mechanic like that would sort of be pushed out of the way by some other unique mechanic, like a talent gauge.
What if he could have both?

I would be okay with maybe 2-3 attacks being like that, but all of them would be too gimmicky for my tastes.
But I agree with this. I would love it and hate it at the same time. It represents Xenoblade, but I would hate to play as Shulk like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Oh my god Duckson is bobbing in time to the music, what is happening, the music makes this scary

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I guess being a duck would just make him easier to cook, though.
After the events in Mechonis Core, you're going to want to do that, too!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom