• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Hey guys, finally ready for #MonadoMonday! Shulk for Smash! Woo!
....wait, that was last week? ....what's a Robin? too soon?
Seyomlw.jpg

(although I wanted robin in I'll never be able to use this now that Chrom got curved stomped by sakuria)

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
First of all, the reason for Melia was to create an emotional link to the High Entia people so that you would care about what might happen to them, and to give Shulk and company a practical link to the emperor.

Second, please edit your post to use the spoiler tag, and that also goes for anyone talking about
Zanza

Not everyone here has played the game.
The point of Melia is to be a monkeyfightin' badass, that's what!

And also to give Monolith Soft a punching bag.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
[collapse="Xenoblade Spoilers"]You know, even though that cutscene really got to me, something told me Fiora wasn't really dead. The same with Mumkhar (whom I thought was Metal Face ever since the cutscene after the Xord boss fight), and that annoying military colonel. That is one of the major rules of Sci-Fi/Fantasy: Until you see the body, or unless you actually SEE the character die (like the Emperor), he/she is never officially dead.[/collapse]

Anyhow, if Shulk is in Smash 4, I hope his reveal trailer features Falco. That would be rather fitting, since both characters are from a Sci-Fi series.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
[collapse="Xenoblade Spoilers"]You know, even though that cutscene really got to me, something told me Fiora wasn't really dead. The same with Mumkhar (whom I thought was Metal Face ever since the cutscene after the Xord boss fight), and that annoying military colonel. That is one of the major rules of Sci-Fi/Fantasy: Until you see the body, or unless you actually SEE the character die (like the Emperor), he/she is never officially dead.[/collapse]

Anyhow, if Shulk is in Smash 4, I hope his reveal trailer features Falco. That would be rather fitting, since both characters are from a Sci-Fi series.
Well, to be fair, Edit: Fiora did actually die. Unlike Vangarre...somehow.

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842

I still say him mega man and rob would make the most sense

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Now I know why Shulk shouldn't be in Smash. Look at him, he's a f*****g nerd! Gross! You see that dashing motherf****r to the right of him, that suave bro should be in Smash.

Also my little Melia can't be this cute.
...I'd totally accept Dunban as a last minute Shulk clone...although he'd probably be like Pichu, and in that case... :(

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
can we make that picture of them all partying the logo for the sub page when shulk is announced

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
can we make that picture of them all partying the logo for the sub page when shulk is announced
I'm thinking his official render followed by that would be perfect for the front page.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Melia becomes a playable character in Smash 4
Melia is also low tier
The pain train never ends
Her Final Smash is just Monolith Soft employees coming in to tell her about dobercorgis being run over.

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
So the new PoTD came out

Pic of the day. Robin's Nosferatu is the first ability in the Smash Bros. series that recovers your damage as it gives damage to others. The attack becomes even stronger if you strike from behind! Robin doesn't actually use this ability in the original game, but we added that element to make the character unique. Who knows--the ideas we use in this game may contribute to the original series.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842

the POTD only supporting shulk more and more

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
And now I await the nerds that will assume Shulk is deconfirmed because Robin has a mechanic that's kind of similar to his.
I can already hear it, it already physically pains me.

Also in other news I bought a Japanese 3DS off of eBay. I'll buy smash via e-shop and let you guys know if I find Shulk. $150 ain't too bad for a new 3DS with Monster Hunter 4.

Last edited:

magnobssed

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4639-9041-9211
yeah, Shulk deconfirmed cause Robin already took the animu generic backstabbing swordsman slot

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
And now I await the nerds that will assume Shulk is deconfirmed because Robin has a mechanic that's kind of similar to his.
And they definitely won't note that Sakurai refers not to the mechanic as unique, but the dark magic.

If the "from behind" mechanic was unique, Sakurai would've said so right now.

Dunban confirmed.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
I can already hear it, it already physically pains me.

Also in other news I bought a Japanese 3DS off of eBay. I'll buy smash via e-shop and let you guys know if I find Shulk. $150 ain't too bad for a new 3DS with Monster Hunter 4.
Because it's not like two different characters have similar moves right Bowser and Charizard?

Also, what happens if Shulk gets announced before the game comes out in Japan, what will you do then?... besides getting to play it a month before usWHYMUSTYOUDOTHISTOME?!?!

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
Because it's not like two different characters have similar moves right Bowser and Charizard?

Also, what happens if Shulk gets announced before the game comes out in Japan, what will you do then?... besides getting to play it a month before usWHYMUSTYOUDOTHISTOME?!?!
I'll go back in time, Leak the full roster with detail of the whole game, leak all the actual video trailers, then return to the future/present.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842

WHY MUST YOU TORMENT US!

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
She had a brother, who was much more bulky, it looks like they are counterpart enemies of somekind.
Maybe it's the grey skin, but they kind of remind me of Vanea and Egil.

PoTD, y'know, after hearing about Nosferatu operating relative to the enemy, I think we all thought Back Slash. C'mon. Shulk confirmed? ... please?

If the "from behind" mechanic was unique, Sakurai would've said so right now.
Even then, Shulk doesn't *have* to use Back Slash.

magnobssed

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4639-9041-9211
I'll go back in time, Leak the full roster with detail of the whole game, leak all the actual video trailers, then return to the future/present.
You will probably get someone fired at Nintendo, but whatever you feel like doing.

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Maybe it's the grey skin, but they kind of remind me of Vanea and Egil.

PoTD, y'know, after hearing about Nosferatu operating relative to the enemy, I think we all thought Back Slash. C'mon. Shulk confirmed? ... please?

Even then, Shulk doesn't *have* to use Back Slash.
Back Slash is kind of his most iconic non-Monado art though.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
That would require his detractors to actually know anything about him, fortunately.

Edit: It actually, oddly enough, boosts his chances. With the mechanic already in the game, it should be easy to repurpose it for Shulk.

Last edited:

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
Edit: It actually, oddly enough, boosts his chances. With the mechanic already in the game, it should be easy to repurpose it for Shulk.
Honestly, since Sakuri had all the characters already planned, I would imagine that Shulk had the mechanic first, then he decided to make Nosferatu have this property aswell for whatever reason. Maybe it was decided to powerful, so they made it weaker, but so it could still be substantial they gave it that power.

Last edited:

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Honestly, since Sakuri had all the characters already planned, I would imagine that Shulk had the mechanic first, then he decided to make Nosferatu have this property aswell for whatever reason.
That's what I would have suggested... if I wasn't half-asleep jioefimvovnpivnpspvhuuuuuuuuuuuu

Wait. I'm still awake. It's only half past midnight.

And yes, Sakuri knows what he's doing. I believe in the him that believes in me.

Blue Fang

Smash Cadet
NNID
RedIdol82
So am I the only one who's really looking forward to having Shulk fight Palutena 1v1?

BATTLE OF THE (sort of) GODS

Blue Fang

Smash Cadet
NNID
RedIdol82
If Palutena/Pit has some kind of Snake like talk thing with Varidi and Hades and etc. then I hope they freak out over Shulk, get a little scared and stuff, that would be hilarious.
OMG, someone has to write this now. Where'd those fanfic people go? :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom