• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Unless he gets in here and becomes such a popular character that they have to keep him for smash 5.
Exactly that. Getting in now will basically confirm his continued existence in Smash. He just has to make sure he doesn't miss the bus on this...

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
shulk fans have no where to vent out hype
shulk fans can not take it anymore
shulk fans explode from hype
smash boards comes back up, but the shulk section is dead becuase all shulk fans blew up from hype

lik dis if u cry evrtim
What will happen to the world with all these Shulk fans exploding, you know it have to take some damage.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I'm sure I'm entirely biased, but dude... *really* try to track it down if you can. "It's excellent" is an understatement. I could go all fanboy, but I'll leave it at that.

Not necessarily. A lot of people thought Krystal had a good shot at getting in Brawl, but she didn't make the cut. By the time Smash 4's comes around, and just my opinion, but Krystal is kind of irrelevant with Star Fox (currently) out of the recent Nintendo picture. With no confirmation of Shulk appearing in any future titles, I think this might be the ONLY time Shulk has a chance to get in.
I thought shulk appeared in one of the trailers for xenoblade x? was that him?

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
Well, one cool theory I did see awhile ago about the new game is that Shulk won't be in the game, but his daughter will. If you watch the new trailer, there is a character that has hair suspiciously similar to him, and we still see him in the old trailer.

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
Smash comes out. Everyone loves Shulk. Everyone goes and plays Xenoblade Chronicles. Everyone buys Xenoblade Chronicles X. Xenoblade Chronicles X saves Wii U. Shulk is Nintendo's hero. Shulk takes down Sony and Microsoft.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
What will happen to the world with all these Shulk fans exploding, you know it have to take some damage.
All shulk fans go to heaven
They see giant floating monado
On the monado is a bunch of wii u consoles and tv
inside the console is smash 4
Shulk fans get happy.
Shulk fans jump in joy
Monado can not take the pressure from jumping
Monado falls down to earth
Shulk fans are back to earth
But the wii u consoles are all destroyed
now shulk fans have to wait for smash 4
shulk fans are sad

lik dis if u cry evrtim

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Nintendo direct:
Shulk trailer plays
Xenoblade announced for eshop
upscaled to 1080p
to be released after the direct airs
nes remix 3 is announced
*other stuff(snake reveal..)*
direct ends
eshop crashes
the end
dude no joke I would **** myself to see xenoblade in HD

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Then people will toss confetti in the air, start dancing and singing, ding dong COD is dead!
"fireworks go off in the background" oh god it's over "starts to cry" it's finally over cod can't hurt us anymore

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I thought shulk appeared in one of the trailers for xenoblade x? was that him?
Hard to say. I can't deny that he looks similar, but I personally doubt it's Shulk, something about his face looks different. Maybe a relative, if not someone entirely different.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Hard to say. I can't deny that he looks similar, but I personally doubt it's Shulk, something about his face looks different. Maybe a relative, if not someone entirely different.
they do the lucina effect of oh he's his great great great "100 greats later" great grandfather

Last edited:

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
I doubt it's Shulk as well, but the way they so mysteriously showed half of his face I'm positive he's in some way related to Shulk.
Can't be Shulk...Shulk's eyes are blue, the new kid's are green hurheuhphhurph

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
He had green eyes as well. He could be a descendant of Shulk and Seven, possibly.

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
He had green eyes as well. He could be a descendant of Shulk and Seven, possibly.
If we go by the theory of the girl who looks like Shulk aswell, maybe its the kind of thing where if you pick boy, you get a girl descendant and vis versa, so that they can fall in love or something, and Shulks descendants can continue on, as the Xenoblade Chronicles continue.

Also, I still think its super important that the game is called Xenoblade, since the Xenoblade is the Monado, it translates roughly to strange blade but I think the/a/shulks monado will still be important somehow.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
If we go by the theory of the girl who looks like Shulk aswell, maybe its the kind of thing where if you pick boy, you get a girl descendant and vis versa, so that they can fall in love or something, and Shulks descendants can continue on, as the Xenoblade Chronicles continue.

Also, I still think its super important that the game is called Xenoblade, since the Xenoblade is the Monado, it translates roughly to strange blade but I think the/a/shulks monado will still be important somehow.
Wait...there's a girl who looks like Shulk? I don't remember that...Is there a picture of her somewhere?

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice

It's called Xenoblade because of B.L.A.D.E.: Beyond the Logos Artificial Destiny Emancipator.

Which roughly translates to a man made module/device implanted into the brain that gives the recipient free will and allows him/her to transcend the words of God and escape the laws of the universe. So much like the Monado.

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
It's called Xenoblade because of B.L.A.D.E.: Beyond the Logos Artificial Destiny Emancipator.

Which roughly means a man made module/device implanted into the brain that gives the recipient free will and allow him/her to escape the laws of the universe. So much like the Monado.
My God...I can't wait for this game. Da hype is killing me.

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
At the very least she's slightly more important then some of the others there, she gets another whole second of footage later on.

Also, if Shulk could summon a monado from his own will, i wonder if this is just tapping into everyone ability to do that or something.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I think Nintendo really want people to remember Shulk, why would they put a character that look almost like him in a trailer about Xenoblade chronicles X a game that have nothing to do with him, well... I think anyway.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I've still not finished my zenoblade yet (curse you college) but I so been on the shulk train since I started playing it

Edit: I just got Riki so I'm not that far but still I'm watching chugga's LP of it so I'm trying to learn all about the game

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
At 1:05, watch out for all the party members. The blonde girl looks like Shulk.
I've just gotta say, I love the fact that one of the people in that character montage has Monado hairpins. (I'd upload the screenshot if I could do it directly, I'm in the same boat as Andyjoe522.) It's a nice shout-out.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I wonder if Chugga is gonna help get more supporters...

Also, support
more then likely it seems like every lp he does either a new game on that game is announced or a remake or something along those line happens

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
I've just gotta say, I love the fact that one of the people in that character montage has Monado hairpins. (I'd upload the screenshot if I could do it directly, I'm in the same boat as Andyjoe522.) It's a nice shout-out.

There ya go.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
I flipped when I saw that. I felt like I cracked the conspiracy theory of the century, only to find out everyone was like "oh I saw that right away in the split second that she's shown".

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Anyone have any good speculation about the cat-alien girl? Apparently she must have some significance. After all, she is the thumbnail for the video.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Anyone have any good speculation about the cat-alien girl? Apparently she must have some significance. After all, she is the thumbnail for the video.
I think her race and the horned guy's race are the two races at war with each other. And those two specific characters join your party.

magnobssed

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4639-9041-9211
Nintendo direct:
Shulk trailer plays
Xenoblade announced for eshop
upscaled to 1080p
to be released after the direct airs
nes remix 3 is announced
*other stuff(snake reveal..)*
direct ends