• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I've been a little late today, I did some much-needed catching up on Xenoblade:
Just cleared Mechonis Field. I beat Lightning Ronove but decided to save the Mischievious Naberius for my next playthrough as the blaze damage it kept doing on the first turn kept wiping out Dunban, Reyn, Fiora and even Riki within seconds. Real pain in the butt.

Also, I'm not really all that surprised by that Faced Mechon at the end being Gadolt. That scene that played after you got Fiora the piezoelectric unit, the scene where Egil is wiping someone's memories of Sharla, it was a dead giveaway to me.

Also, I've been kinda sick with a sore throat/cold. :c still feeling under the weather tbh

btw, it seems I wasn't notified of all the posts in threads I posted in (such as this one) between my logins? I have email notification turned off so...
Ha, I think the writers expect you to know it's Gadolt anyway going by the Egil/Sharla memory scene. The same with Metal Face. That's another thing I like about Xenoblade is that the story doesn't insult your intelligence.

Get well soon!

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172

Still the best recolor I've seen anyone do around here.
This is amazing.

So guys, what do you think are the odds of Xenoblade getting multiple stages? I mean, odds are as far as playable characters are concerned we're only getting Shulk (as much as I want our Heropon or Seven to join along with him), but I definitely think it's possible for there to be more than one Xenoblade stage at least in the Wii U version. There's too many prime locations in this game to only have one stage based on it, even if one is a traveling stage with Junks.
I think one Xenoblade stage per version would be fine. I don't see any reason why there'd be a Xenoblade stage in one version but not another.

Guys, I just thought of something amazing! When SSB4 comes out, and Shulk is in it... We'll be able to play a match with four Shulks in it. At the same time. And if Reyn is an AT, and shows up during the match, possibly on a Xenoblade stage...

Now that's what I call Reyn time. As Bronados, we should make sure this is the first thing we do at launch!
Shulk only, no items, Final Destination.
Or should that be Shulk only, no items, Prison Island? Or 'the moon' or something?

Consider it 4th'd. #PorfavorMashpotatoSamurai
Shulk4Smash, #ShakiraPls

Morbi

Scavenger
This is amazing.

I think one Xenoblade stage per version would be fine. I don't see any reason why there'd be a Xenoblade stage in one version but not another.

Shulk only, no items, Final Destination.
Or should that be Shulk only, no items, Prison Island? Or 'the moon' or something?

Shulk4Smash, #ShakiraPls
Shulk only? Does this confirm a laser blaster for our favorite Manodo wielding Brit? Or is his up-throw, up-air going to dominate the competition?!

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Random thought, but since Namco is helping develop this game do you think that help Shulk (possibly) getting into this game. I mean Namco use to own Monolith and they still work together occasionally so I feel like it might of...

Morbi

Scavenger
Random thought, but since Namco is helping develop this game do you think that help Shulk (possibly) getting into this game. I mean Namco use to own Monolith and they still work together occasionally so I feel like it might of...
I suppose that it could most certainly be a contributing factor; however, I would be just as confident in Shulk's chance regardless of their involvement.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I'm willing to blindly believe anything that gives Shulk a higher chance at this point, so sure.

But seriously... maybe it will a little. Or at least get some trophies from previous Xeno-games in there.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Hm...
"Shulk and KOS-MOS":troll:

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
Shulk will definitely be in. He is all but confirmed at this point. I will be interested to see how he plays seeing as how I never played Xenoblade.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Shulk will definitely be in. He is all but confirmed at this point. I will be interested to see how he plays seeing as how I never played Xenoblade.
pretty much he has so much going for him their is like a 99% chance he'll be in

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Seriously, if Shulk doesn't get in, he'll be the biggest candidate for SSB4 (or DLC) along with Inkling and presently unknown new pokemon rep
ain't sakuria working on the game inklings are in if so I would not be surprised if he added them as hidden characters or at least a AT

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
ain't sakuria working on the game inklings are in if so I would not be surprised if he added them as hidden characters or at least a AT
I don't think Sakuri is. Although Miyamoto is, which means its almost confirmed they'll at least be in SSB5. Although many Inkling fans (like myself) are hoping for DLC or possibly a hidden character / newcomer.

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
For the sake of music and because I want to, what three songs from xenoblade do you guys want to see in the xenoblade stage (hoping for fallen arm). I'ld personally take Unfinished Battle, Engage the Enemy, and You Will Know Our Names, but that's just my opinion.

And, sorry for making you choose, but just three, please.

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
deja vu.

Personally I think everyone wants Engage the Enemy, I'm not to much of a fan of 'You Will Know Our Names', so lets say Prelude 2 instead, and then probably either The God-slaying Sword or Unfinished Battle

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Nintendo direct:
Shulk trailer plays
Xenoblade announced for eshop
upscaled to 1080p
to be released after the direct airs
nes remix 3 is announced
*other stuff(snake reveal..)*
direct ends
eshop crashes
the end

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
For the sake of music and because I want to, what three songs from xenoblade do you guys want to see in the xenoblade stage (hoping for fallen arm). I'ld personally take Unfinished Battle, Engage the Enemy, and You Will Know Our Names, but that's just my opinion.

Gaur Plains, Those That Bear the Name, and Riki, the Legendary Heropon.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

Why only Three, That just too small for me and what stage in smash only have three songs? At least say five songs.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman

I'll pick a few not a lot of people bring up.
Time to Fight!, Irregular Bounce, and Central Factory.
Ether Mine, new environmental noises, OP, don't nerf

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
Why only Three, That just too small for me and what stage in smash only have three songs? At least say five songs.
Well, if I remember correctly, most stages in brawl had about 3 STARTING songs, so the better question might be what songs you start with on the Wii U version. In which case, I would say probably: You Will KNow Our Names, Gaur Plains and Engage the Enemy

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I'm a little late with this one, but who else read Metal Face's post in the Metal Face voice? Makes it even more awesome haha

Edit: Also for the stages we should pick two songs since there are only two per stage on the 3ds version. Naturally Wii U has more

Last edited:

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Hey, I just realized something! If each 3DS stage only has two songs, which songs will the 3DS's stage have?
I'm a little late with this one, but who else read Metal Face's post in the Metal Face voice? Makes it even more awesome haha
I did!

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Hey, I just realized something! If each 3DS stage only has two songs, which songs will the 3DS's stage have?

I did!
It should have the area theme or an area medley depending on where the stage is located. If of course it isn't a traveling stage. The second song should be You Will Know Our Names or Engage the Enemy

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Shulk is announced.
Smash bros website crashes.
Smash boards crashes.
World crashes.
Monado lives on.
shulk fans have no where to vent out hype
shulk fans can not take it anymore
shulk fans explode from hype
smash boards comes back up, but the shulk section is dead becuase all shulk fans blew up from hype

lik dis if u cry evrtim

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I'm sure I'm entirely biased, but dude... *really* try to track it down if you can. "It's excellent" is an understatement. I could go all fanboy, but I'll leave it at that.

Seriously, if Shulk doesn't get in, he'll be the biggest candidate for SSB5 (or DLC) along with Inkling and presently unknown new pokemon rep
Not necessarily. A lot of people thought Krystal had a good shot at getting in Brawl, but she didn't make the cut. By the time Smash 4's comes around, and just my opinion, but Krystal is kind of irrelevant with Star Fox (currently) out of the recent Nintendo picture. With no confirmation of Shulk appearing in any future titles, I think this might be the ONLY time Shulk has a chance to get in.

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Oh No after Shulk defeated Zanza he took is clothes and made a outfit out of it, I'm so late need to catch up to the forum.
First I kill you, then I gain your godly powers and steal your clothes. Xenoblade Chronicles/Bravely Default crossover confirmed.

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure I'm entirely biased, but dude... *really* try to track it down if you can. "It's excellent" is an understatement. I could go all fanboy, but I'll leave it at that.

Not necessarily. A lot of people thought Krystal had a good shot at getting in Brawl, but she didn't. By the time Smash 4's comes around, and just my opinion, but Krystal is kind of irrelevant with Star Fox (currently) out of the recent Nintendo picture. With no confirmation of Shulk appearing in any future titles, I think this might be the ONLY time Shulk has a chance to get in.
Unless he gets in here and becomes such a popular character that they have to keep him for smash 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom