• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I agree. I also think their strengths lie in different parts. I think X's gameplay will be more polished than Xenoblades, and better overall. (Not saying that Xenoblades gameplay is bad, f**k no.) But Xenoblades story can't be topped. It's just too good. And I don't see visions coming back sadly, so that is another thing Xenoblade has.
I love the first 'blade, but Tetsuya Takahashi and Soraya Saga (if she's working on X) can definitely top Xenoblade's story, don't worry. :p

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Tetsuya Takahashi and Soraya Saga (if she's working on X) can definitely top Xenoblade's story, don't worry. :p
Well, that certainly sounds promising! All in all, I can't wait for X.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I think chain attack would be a fun final smash only problem I can see is people ******** it looks like Robin's final smash

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I think chain attack would be a fun final smash only problem I can see is people *****ing it looks like Robin's final smash
Robins final smash reminds people of chain attack, Shulk deconfirmed.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think chain attack would be a fun final smash only problem I can see is people *****ing it looks like Robin's final smash
Unless we actually got to use one or two specials for each of the party members! That **** would be hype! But oh so unlikely...

I'm starting to like the "Vision Rewind" idea the most.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Unless we actually got to use one or two specials for each of the party members! That **** would be hype! But oh so unlikely...

I'm starting to like the "Vision Rewind" idea the most.
I would pay A LOT of money if Duckson would sometimes be a part of a
chain attack in a rare easter egg or something like that.
Derkson ditto sees you.png

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh god. I was going to find an image for this one, and then realized why that'd be the worst thing to Google search for.

WOW!

I decided to try it anyway, and the first image met my expectations handily. I would not recommend checking.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Oh god. I was going to find an image for this one, and then realized why that'd be the worst thing to Google search for.

WOW!

I decided to try it anyway, and the first image met my expectations handily. I would not recommend checking.
Son.gif

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
I have actually been thinking of ways to differentiate the Chain Attack final smash from Robin's fs. I was at a bit of a standstill until I started thinking about Donkey Kong's final smash (stick with me here, I promise you, this is relevant), and how they added a rhythm element to it that boosts the power if you press the A button at the right time. Then I thought about how in Xenoblade chain attacks become stronger if you use arts of the same color in a chain. I tried thinking of a good way to incorporate that into the Chain Attack final smash in a way that would be simple to perform yet still provide some challenge, but nothing came to mind. Then I thought about the little b-button quick time events in Xenoblade that pop up during battle, and thought maybe that would be a good mechanic to incorporate. During Shulk's Chain Attack final smash, the little b button prompt from the game will pop up with each strike, and if you press b once the ring reaches the inside of the circle, the power of the chain attack will be increased (with an added bonus if you hit b just as the ring hits the edge of the circle). Assuming the Chain Attack consists of around 6 or 7 strikes, it would be a good way to separate Shulk's final smash from Robin's, and make it one that rewards players for a skill they acquired while playing Xenoblade itself.

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
I have actually been thinking of ways to differentiate the Chain Attack final smash from Robin's fs. I was at a bit of a standstill until I started thinking about Donkey Kong's final smash (stick with me here, I promise you, this is relevant), and how they added a rhythm element to it that boosts the power if you press the A button at the right time. Then I thought about how in Xenoblade chain attacks become stronger if you use arts of the same color in a chain. I tried thinking of a good way to incorporate that into the Chain Attack final smash in a way that would be simple to perform yet still provide some challenge, but nothing came to mind. Then I thought about the little b-button quick time events in Xenoblade that pop up during battle, and thought maybe that would be a good mechanic to incorporate. During Shulk's Chain Attack final smash, the little b button prompt from the game will pop up with each strike, and if you press b once the ring reaches the inside of the circle, the power of the chain attack will be increased (with an added bonus if you hit b just as the ring hits the edge of the circle). Assuming the Chain Attack consists of around 6 or 7 strikes, it would be a good way to separate Shulk's final smash from Robin's, and make it one that rewards players for a skill they acquired while playing Xenoblade itself.
This sounds like a good idea. Hopefully they'll be able to actually implement this seeing as the online seems better and not as lagging now.

I like the idea of each smash character working like they do in-game, so you have to use skills from those games to improve your playing skills. Maybe Mario could bounce off of player's heads, doing damage, like in his platformers. Donkey Kong could get moving barrels as a recovery, and you have to time the shot to hit opponents.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Yeah, that idea could potentially be really cool! Even cooler if the part members are randomized. (Except Shulk for obvious reasons.)

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
chain attack will make a great final smash and the press the A button at the right time will take skill and not be cheap like some other character final smash cough cough... Sonic... cough cough

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice

I think a Sword Valley stage would be pretty awesome with this track as the stage music.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

I think a Sword Valley stage would be pretty awesome with this track as the stage music.
Totally!
I would also really like
the location in this cutscene.

Last edited:

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Totally!
I would also really like
Watching this cutscene in an incredibly small scale in the spoiler tag.
Didn't know Xenoblade was ported to the Gameboy Micro.

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice
Totally!
I would also really like
I love this scene and this area so much.

Goddamn, so many possibilities and so many rich, diverse areas!

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
chain attack will make a great final smash and the press the A button at the right time will take skill and not be cheap like some other character final smash cough cough... Sonic... cough cough
to be fair from what I heard they buffed up sonic overall power but nerf super sonic to ****

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Watching this cutscene in an incredibly small scale in the spoiler tag.
Didn't know Xenoblade was ported to the Gameboy Micro.
Pfft, you should educate yourself then. :troll:

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I'm going to simply say that I support Shulk for SSB4.

BUT LETS JUST COUNT HIM AS A FIRE EMBLEM REP :D

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
@BluePikmin11, another new supporter here. I'm like the gatekeeper of supporters.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Y'know, I think the best idea for a Xenoblade stage is going to be something that really shows off the most unique aspects of the game's world; specifically, the 'two gigantic gods' aspect. I know people have been saying that a Junks level would do that, but for me, anytime I think about showing off both of them at the same time, I see a level based on the Fallen Arm. Specifically the distant fingertip. You'd be able to see both gods, it would be suspended in the air, and it would have great scenery in the foreground, too.

the Bionis and Mechonis could even start moving as the fight goes on, like the moon and the giants on the great bay stage.

Maybe I'm the only one, but this was the first thing I thought of for a Xenoblade stage. I dunno... I guess I just really liked the Fallen Arm.:)

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Bet you didn't know it was also on the NES!
...Cause I didn't.
Yeah, the Wii version is actually a remake.

Y'know, I think the best idea for a Xenoblade stage is going to be something that really shows off the most unique aspects of the game's world; specifically, the 'two gigantic gods' aspect. I know people have been saying that a Junks level would do that, but for me, anytime I think about showing off both of them at the same time, I see a level based on the Fallen Arm. Specifically the distant fingertip. You'd be able to see both gods, it would be suspended in the air, and it would have great scenery in the foreground, too.

the Bionis and Mechonis could even start moving as the fight goes on, like the moon and the giants on the great bay stage.

Maybe I'm the only one, but this was the first thing I thought of for a Xenoblade stage. I dunno... I guess I just really liked the Fallen Arm.:)
Oh trust me, I believe fallen arm would be amazing. It is one of my favorite locations after all.

Last edited:

Rikobomo

Smash Apprentice
I quite like the idea of a Bionis stage for the Wii U, and a Mechonis stage for the 3DS.

PhilosophicAnimal PhilosophicAnimal , that's a stage idea I've thought of many times and it would be so perfect!

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I can't be the only one who is sick and tired of the first 30 seconds in One who gets in our way. It's played too much in my opinion.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
I can't be the only one who is sick and tired of the first 30 seconds in One who gets in our way. It's played too much in my opinion.
And that's why I chose that one in particular:troll:
But nah, me too to some extent. Gets so good after though so it's worth it.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
And that's why I chose that one in particular:troll:
But nah, me too to some extent. Gets so good after though so it's worth it.
Yeah, I really like it after those seconds, but it would have been so nice to have you will know our names for some boss fights too.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
And especially...Unfinished ba- *sniff* battle...
I don't understand why the best song on the entire soundtrack (Nah, I can't choose.) is used once. It's so dumb.

Last edited:

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand why the best song on the entire soundtrack (Nah, I can't choose.) is used once. It's so dumb.
It really should've became Metal Face's theme.
...Make Xenoblade HD and fix this tragic decision. Will buy 50 copies.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
It really should've became Metal Face's theme.
...Make Xenoblade HD and fix this tragic decision. Will buy 50 copies.
Atleast It's used in one of the best cutscenes in the game, in the best way possible.
Goosebumps everytime.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Atleast It's used in one of the best cutscenes in the game, in the best way possible.
Goosebumps everytime.
That was actually the first cutscene I saw of the game. Just appeared in suggested videos after listening to some music and thought "this'll never come to America". Past me is a fool! But that cutscene stuck to me the most.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Okay, the idea for the Sword Valley stage gave me an awesome idea for Shulk's reveal trailer.

The trailer starts out on sword valley. All of the confirmed characters thus far are overwhelmed by a large swarm of ROBs (confirming its return). They try to fight, but the ROBs continue to push them back. All hope seems lost... But wait! We see a blue blade slicing through ROBs left and right, forcing his way through the front lines where we finally see his face.

SHULK ENGAGES THE ENEMY

After some gameplay footage, we go back to the cutscene where Shulk and the other characters are about to face the ROBs' main forces. They charge forward, with the Monado glowing brighter than ever. The camera then zooms out, and we're given a sweeping view of the Bionis, stopping on Sword Valley, where the Monado's light has engulfed the entire battlefield. Cut to the Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS logo!

... Okay, so it's just a recreation of the opening of Xenoblade, but you have to admit, it would make for one heck of an awesome trailer. :p

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
That was actually the first cutscene I saw of the game. Just appeared in suggested videos after listening to some music and thought "this'll never come to America". Past me is a fool! But that cutscene stuck to me the most.
The part when
Derkson ditto sees you.png
and Dunban arrive is just too great. "Let 'em have it, beast!"

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Okay, the idea for the Sword Valley stage gave me an awesome idea for Shulk's reveal trailer.

The trailer starts out on sword valley. All of the confirmed characters thus far are overwhelmed by a large swarm of ROBs (confirming its return). They try to fight, but the ROBs continue to push them back. All hope seems lost... But wait! We see a blue blade slicing through ROBs left and right, forcing his way through the front lines where we finally see his face.

SHULK ENGAGES THE ENEMY

After some gameplay footage, we go back to the cutscene where Shulk and the other characters are about to face the ROBs' main forces. They charge forward, with the Monado glowing brighter than ever. The camera then zooms out, and we're given a sweeping view of the Bionis, stopping on Sword Valley, where the Monado's light has engulfed the entire battlefield. Cut to the Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS logo!

... Okay, so it's just a recreation of the opening of Xenoblade, but you have to admit, it would make for one heck of an awesome trailer. :p
That's... actually one of the best Shulk reveals I've seen yet, recreation or not. Sometimes the best solutions are the simplest, y'know.:)

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion

Still the best recolor I've seen anyone do around here.
This is the best possible recolour!
I'm pretty sure we'll have the 'press b' at the right time things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom