• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think I brought up Prologue B at some point.

It's so goooooood!

Not that that's anything new for this game.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
@BluePikmin11, new supporter again! It's awesome how many people make accounts just because of this thread.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Clearly Palutena is enough heresy in this game already. Xenoblade content disconfirmed.
and then theirs already pokemon that supports evolution this game is a work of the dark ones I tell you!

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Sakurai truly is Satan.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Here we go... My longest post.

Shulk in Smash 4:

Symbol: Either a Monado, similar to the one in the OP or the X from the new game's logo

Entrance: Jumps in this fashion, landing with his back to the front and does a slight turn (shown in video. Also I'm not really sure what entrance would be best.)

MASSIVE SPOILERS- Shown at about 2:43

Colors: Each one based on a different party member. I took this from a random site although it may have been posted here as well.

Victory music: Secret Area

Top Stage Picks: Prison Island with Metal Face as a boss
Traveling Junks Stage
...Everywhere:troll:

Music picks:
Engage the Enemy
You Will Know Our Names
One who gets in our way
Medley of various area themes
Mechanical Rhythm
Realistically most of the game's tracks

Tagline:
Shulk engages the enemy
Shulk changes the future
Shulk envisions the battle

Victory quotes:
The future is not yours to control (future doesn't belong to you)
Piece of Cake
Something about friends
Something about destiny
Behold the power of the Monado

Taunt quotes
We can definitely do this
Monado lend us your power
We haven't lost yet
Nothings gonna stop me

Actual Moveset
A-Sword slash similar to Shulk's auto attack
AA-Sword slash similar to Shulk's double auto attack
A jab- Third slash which hits opponent slightly upward

Other A's- Different sword swings... I'm not so good with these

Specials (Naturally Shulk must announce the name of his attacks)

Neutral B - Monado Buster (can be charged. Sword reaches farther based on charge.)

Forward B - Monado Cyclone (can be charged. Charge determines how far the attack will land from Shulk. Only location is altered, not size. Looks similar to the Xenoblade version. If opponent is inflicted with break then this move will cause them to trip or topple.

Down B - Monado Eater (Pulls characters toward Shulk. Only works in forward direction. Also inflicts bleed which works similar to the lip flowers.)

Up B - Monado Purge
(Jumps and Swings word which emits a green wave. Chance of inflicting aura seal which can negate specials? ...Sounds cool but too broken. Maybe instead it can inflict break even though that isn't true to the game.)

side smash - Back slash - jumps forward slightly- does more damage to rear of characters
up smash- Air slash - jumps, swings sword upward and emits a small wave just a tad farther. Inflicts break.
Down smash - Shaker edge - not true to game since this will attack in both directions, forward then back - can daze characters who are toppled resulting in an effect similar to DKs side B but slightly better.

Also, the break topple bleed and daze icons appear above characters to indicate their status.

Kirby hat - Shulks hair with mini monado. Kirby uses Monado Buster and shouts it in the kirby voice.

Final Smash - Vision - Shulk says I see it - then the screen fades in that white color and comes back with the blue hint from Xenoblade during the vision sequences. The other characters appear on screen and can move freely for a few seconds. Afterwards, the vision ends and Shulk says this is the true power of the Monado. Shulk has Monado Speed and Armor which make him quicker and invincible. Also, Enchant which somehow makes him more powerful against everyone. The characters reenact their movements while Shulk is free to attack. In addition, the vision meter can appear on the top of the screen and then shatter after Shulk KOs someone for a nice touch.

*I forgot who suggested this final smash concept first, but please let me know and I will put your name here. Visions are a must for me in smash as they are a crucial aspect of Xenoblade. A chain attack final smash would also work well where multiple party characters appear and do some of their signature moves - Lariet - Blossom Dance - Final Cross - Mind Blast - etc

***This was far more difficult than I thought it would be but I guess this is why I put off an attempt for so long. I really like the concept of a move set focusing on the break combo or the status ailments from Xenoblade. I'm also a big fan of the leveling and talent gauge move sets that many of you have constructed. It just goes to show how many directions Shulk can go in and how truly unique he is. Next I'll probably make up a trailer for his reveal.
I am loving the colors for Shulk, they are very nice.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Or he's a new item. The Rainbow. After all...

"You can't make a rainbow without Reyn!"
LGBT uses the rainbow, I am a homophobe (I am only kidding guys), Shulk deconfirmed.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Still the best recolor I've seen anyone do around here.

Last edited:

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
I feel that, since we are over 200 pages in, I must remind everyone of the rules of being a super player. These apply to when Smash comes out. Shulk, of course, will be in, so make sure to follow these rules for yourself and for online.

Rule 7 is the most important.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I REALLY hope Shulk doesn't look this soulless. That or they fix Lucina's face before the game comes out...
She looks much better on the 3DS, so I'm hoping they'll use the final few months of Wii U development to touch up a few of the character models. Lucina's in particular.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
She looks much better on the 3DS, so I'm hoping they'll use the final few months of Wii U development to touch up a few of the character models. Lucina's in particular.
I'm just glad robin's in he was my hope for FE newcomer

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522

He might not have made it into Smash, but he's still the only one in his family man enough to take out a roach. :p

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's clearly just an indicator of why the Wii U version is coming out much later. It's harder to work with those facial expressions, plus they HAVE more time, so do everything else first.

Palutena's face looks alot better on the 3DS too. Clearly they've just been doing all the faicla work on that one, cuz..y'know, it comes out in less than 2 months. (Holy **** tho.)

He might not have made it into Smash, but he's still the only one in his family man enough to take out a roach. :p
I love this picture. Female Robin so KAWAIII (I'm so sorry. Never again.)

Anyway, is this the Shulk thread or did I take a wrong turn? :joyful:

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Let's cool it with the Chrom/Fire Emblem image posts. Yea, they're funny. but we should really try to stay a bit more on topic.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I'm just glad robin's in he was my hope for FE newcomer
Me too. Lucina's just a bonus, as far as I'm concerned! She's one of my favorite FE characters, so even if she's a clone, I'm glad she's in.

If we get Shulk too, I'll stand outside at midnight in the middle of December for this game. Don't even care.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842

not gonna lie that was one of my favorite moments in FE awakening

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Me too. Lucina's just a bonus, as far as I'm concerned! She's one of my favorite FE characters, so even if she's a clone, I'm glad she's in.

If we get Shulk too, I'll stand outside at midnight in the middle of December for this game. Don't even care.
I'm doing that either way but if shulk gets in to I will die

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Concerning Shulk's mechanics in SSB4, would he be a glass cannon with a long reach?

Last edited:

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
But anyway back on topic. I'm sure Shulk will look more finished since he wasn't a last minute addition (I hope). I just wanna see was his screen KO will look like...

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Concerning Shulk's mechanic in SSB4, would he be a glass cannon with a long reach?
I think he'll be a close range glass canon hits hard but can't take hits well like how he is in Xenoblade

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
So, I was just at gamestop and saw a pre-owned Xenoblade Chronicals, $49.99. I bought it.

I knew I should get it because I heard they were hard to find.

However, right now I'm playing through other series with Smash characters, Ex: (Mega man, Metroid, FE: Awakening, Bowser's Inside Story, etc.) So, I'm kinda busy to play this big game.

So, I'm not going to play XC until Shulk is announced. He better be announced eventually, then I can include him on my Smash character game line up. :laugh:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
So, I was just at gamestop and saw a pre-owned Xenoblade Chronicals, $49.99. I bought it.

However, right now I'm playing through other series with Smash characters, Ex: (Mega man, Metroid, FE: Awakening, Bowser's Inside Story, etc.) So, I'm kinda busy to play this big game.

So, I'm not going to play XC until Shulk is announced. He better be announced eventually, then I can include him on my Smash character game line up. :laugh:
But wouldn't.....

Shulk's gameplay and stages contain spoilers?

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842

yeah play it now xenoblade is gonna be a game where if shulk is revealed something will be spoiled by it

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
So guys, what do you think are the odds of Xenoblade getting multiple stages? I mean, odds are as far as playable characters are concerned we're only getting Shulk (as much as I want our Heropon or Seven to join along with him), but I definitely think it's possible for there to be more than one Xenoblade stage at least in the Wii U version. There's too many prime locations in this game to only have one stage based on it, even if one is a traveling stage with Junks.

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
So guys, what do you think are the odds of Xenoblade getting multiple stages? I mean, odds are as far as playable characters are concerned we're only getting Shulk (as much as I want our Heropon or Seven to join along with him), but I definitely think it's possible for there to be more than one Xenoblade stage at least in the Wii U version. There's too many prime locations in this game to only have one stage based on it, even if one is a traveling stage with Junks.
I could see it possibly getting two max since it is such a loved game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom