• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Speaking of realizations...
I actually just realized that we'll probably never know what Xord looks like. I mean, we've only ever seen his Faced Mechon, not the man behind the Mechon.

Hype Train

Woolly World hype!!
NNID
YesMann
3DS FC
0860-3788-1263
I just realized that everyone will get old and die, while Melia is still young.
Exactly. So stop feeling so bad for her, she can just get together with Shulk's son instead who will undoubtedly have amazing genes. That's probably why she looks so calm and happy in the game's ending. She's thinking about how Shulk's son would make for a great husband, I'm sure. All according to keikaku indeed, Melia.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Welcome to the forums! I'm sending our cuddliest support member out to give you a proper greetings!

I'll never forget the heart to heart between Riki and Melia at Frontier Village. My Riki looked like the one in the picture.
Ri: When Melly cuddle Riki, how Melly feel?
Me: When I cuddle you...
Me: It feels warm, and calming. Like I can forget about everything!
Ri: Riki happy happy!
Ri: That's why Riki become Heropon! To be cuddled by Melly!
Me: So that's why. I can see it now...
Ri: Melly and Riki both love cuddle!
Owch.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
In regards to Xenoblade X, this guy named Gessenkou at GameFAQs managed to digest and compile a lot of information we couldn't have observed ourselves. He analyzed a lot of things like the different areas of Planet Mira (#57, #71), different types of mechs (#37, #53), different races (#58), various party members (#62, #63), and similarities between a character's appearance from previous games (#79). He also has English translations of some of the text featured in the Treehouse demo.

Dat futuristic taxi tho. If we can use mechs around the open landscapes, then we should be able to use cars in the city!

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
But isn't she mainly the Xenoblade Chronicles X secondary character? I don't mind her though.
If she has a big role and looks unique in the game, then probably. I think a Nopon would be more beneficial, though.

If Nintendo (successfully) manages to keep Xenoblade Chronicles as a long-running franchise, then the future entries of Smash Bros. has a lot of Xenoblade characters to choose from, not just from the original Xenoblade.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
If she has a big role and looks unique in the game, then probably. I think a Nopon would be more beneficial, though.

If Nintendo (successfully) manages to keep Xenoblade Chronicles as a long-running franchise, then the future entries of Smash Bros. has a lot of Xenoblade characters to choose from, not just from the original Xenoblade.
It would get even harder for people to choose characters.

Do you think when SSB5 comes that will it will be even harder then other threads?

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Wait- Melia is immortal...
Xenoblade Chronicles X is a sequel...
Melia confirmed for Xenoblade Chronicles X!
Well, Melia isn't immortal. Plus, she's only half-High Entia, so she doesn't even live as long as normal High Entia (which I guess is around 1000 years, Sorean was like 700, wasn't he?). Xenoblade X would have to happen pretty soon after Xenoblade (well, "soon" compared to the grand scheme of things) if we're going to see Melia.

Although, if Xenoblade X turns out to be more than just a spiritual successor, I wouldn't mind it taking place far enough in the future to see High Entia evolved to be fish people in a sort of reverse Zora-to-Rito style. That'd be pretty cool, right?

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
It would get even harder for people to choose characters.

Do you think when SSB5 comes that will it will be even harder then other threads?
Yes, but if we consider their uniqueness and potential, it shouldn't be hard.

By the time the future Smash Bros. games come out, we could probably have a Monado user (Shulk), a dual blade user (Fiora / Elma), and an Ether user (Riki / Tatsu), which are probably enough to represent Xenoblade.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Yes, but if we consider their uniqueness and potential, it shouldn't be hard.

By the time the future Smash Bros. games come out, we could probably have a Monado user (Shulk), a dual blade user (Fiora / Elma), and an Ether user (Riki / Tatsu), which are probably enough to represent Xenoblade.
What about a certain hero? :grin:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Here's something depressing to consider about the High Entia...

Assuming the full blooded High Entia remain telathia forever, the race will eventually die out even if the half-homs successfully manage to somewhat rebuild their civilization. The bloodline will continue to become more and more diluted over several generations until there's hardly any high entia left in their genes...

And there is also something else I've been wondering about. If the royal family had indeed been mated with Homs over the centuries, why did Kalien still become a telathia? Even with the first consort and second consort being different species, there would've had to have been instances where genes were mixed. I find it highly unlikely that Melia was the only half-homs royal.

What about a certain hero? :grin:
Ah yes...Dunban. If it weren't for the fact he's basically a faster Link, I would love to see him in Smash.

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
Now, I don't think there's a Touhou version of this thread, so . . .
What do you guys think of Reimu's chances of joining? I mean, she theoretically could get in if ZUN works on the music, but . . .
I'll admit, her chances are rock bottom, but still.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

Assuming the full blooded High Entia remain telathia forever, the race will eventually die out even if the half-homs successfully manage to somewhat rebuild their civilization. The bloodline will continue to become more and more diluted over several generations until there's hardly any high entia left in their genes...

And there is also something else I've been wondering about. If the royal family had indeed been mated with Homs over the centuries, why did Kalien still become a telathia? Even with the first consort and second consort being different species, there would've had to have been instances where genes were mixed. I find it highly unlikely that Melia was the only half-homs royal.

Ah yes...Dunban. If it weren't for the fact he's basically a faster Link, I would love to see him in Smash.
.......I meant this guy:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Dunban WILL be the next Xenoblade rep. MARK MY WORDS. DUNBAN.
no im not crazy

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman

Well, wasn't Melia's fifth skill tree quest basically all about researching how to turn the telethia back into High Entia?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Hey guys, try to use the spoiler tag when applicable, their are a lot of Shulk supporters out there that haven't played or finished the game. It's hard to remember, I know, but think of all the fledgling Bronados out there.

Also, the second Xeno Rep is obviously going to be
Zanza
as a slower Shulk clone. Too many Swords indeed.

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Well, Melia isn't immortal. Plus, she's only half-High Entia, so she doesn't even live as long as normal High Entia (which I guess is around 1000 years, Sorean was like 700, wasn't he?). Xenoblade X would have to happen pretty soon after Xenoblade (well, "soon" compared to the grand scheme of things) if we're going to see Melia.

Although, if Xenoblade X turns out to be more than just a spiritual successor, I wouldn't mind it taking place far enough in the future to see High Entia evolved to be fish people in a sort of reverse Zora-to-Rito style. That'd be pretty cool, right?
Nah, Sorean is 320.

Good question about the being half high entia... I've been thinking about this for a while but I think I'll finally try to figure it out.

Melia is 88 according to the "Xenoblade: Secret Files - Monado Archives" book. High Entia appear to age similarly to homs, just much slower. If we proportion out 400/88=80/x, 80 being an estimate for a homs lifespan, we get 18, meaning Melia looks like she is 18 yrs old if she were a hom. Incidentally, Shulk is also 18.

If she was supposed to have half the lifepsan of high entia and half the lifespan of homs she would have a lifespan of like 240, which would make her age in homs about 29.

Well, I think she looks more 18 than 29. 18 also makes more sense when looking at how she got a crush on Shulk.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Have we been up to date on uploading Chugga's let play? I don't recall seeing this one:

It has actual story progression! (actually, @ TitanTeaTime TitanTeaTime isn't this your job?)

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I still think Mechon Fiora would be the best fit

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Nah, Sorean is 320.

Good question about the being half high entia... I've been thinking about this for a while but I think I'll finally try to figure it out.

Melia is 88 according to the "Xenoblade: Secret Files - Monado Archives" book. High Entia appear to age similarly to homs, just much slower. If we proportion out 400/88=80/x, 80 being an estimate for a homs lifespan, we get 18, meaning Melia looks like she is 18 yrs old if she were a hom. Incidentally, Shulk is also 18.

If she was supposed to have half the lifepsan of high entia and half the lifespan of homs she would have a lifespan of like 240, which would make her age in homs about 29.

Well, I think she looks more 18 than 29. 18 also makes more sense when looking at how she got a crush on Shulk.
I can't remember excatly when, but I read some where that half high entia live just as long as the pure bloods.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I still think Mechon Fiora would be the best fit
I can totally agree with that. My favorite character to play as, actually. And as we saw with a certain recently added Fire Emblem rep, Sakurai seems to be perfectly okay with spoilerific roster additions...

Still, my vote would go to the Heropon. Smash needs more Riki.:)

Blue Fang

Smash Cadet
NNID
RedIdol82
Personally I would enjoy Shulk and Reyn most being playable. I can see the reveal trailer now:
"You're not thinking of going in there alone, Shulk! I got your back!"

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Have we been up to date on uploading Chugga's let play? I don't recall seeing this one:

It has actual story progression! (actually, @ TitanTeaTime TitanTeaTime isn't this your job?)
Meh, Lemmykoopa took that from me a while ago. So really, you're stealing it from him now.
P.S. That was the episode from yesterday which was already posted

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom