• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
His friend just posted in the general leak thread saying he was passing out the information and that last portion wasn't supposed to be shared over the Internet. I'll leave it at that, but I really want to decipher the five mode swaps. Could it be each one based on a different Xenoblade character? I have absolutely no idea.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
This is an interesting development from Ninka Kiwi:

"So I got more info...
Unless my friend is pulling my leg, there's some pretty crazy crap left to be revealed.

-Snake, Lucas, Ice Climbers (Why), and Wolf are cut
-Doctor Mario is back as a clone
-Dark Pit is a newcomer as a clone
-Each character gets 8 alternate costumes, whether they be pallet swaps or new costumes.
-Alph appears as 4 of Olimar's costumes, while the other 4 are Olimar's.
-Shulk will be playable with Gaur Plains as his stage, his neutral B changes his Monado mode which essentially makes him dish more damage and take more, or do less damage, and take less.
-Bowser Jr appears as a new comer and allegedly fights from a mario kart... has no alt colors, but instead has the 7 koopalings as alts.
-Duck Hunt is in... from what I've been told it's the duck hunt dog fighting with ducks on his back who assist for certain attacks...

*Edit more info
-Shulk has like 5 different mode swaps
-Bowser Jr rides in a koopa kart that attacks with cannon balls and boxing gloves and stuff that eject from the clowns mouth.

note* The kart sounds more like the koopa clown car to me as I read it.

Now I'm not even sure from this stuff so take it with a grain of salt, but my friend recently quit as a tester due to family reasons, so if he decided he no longer cares what leaks, I could see why he'd tell me.
He was also unclear to me as to if that is the rest of the roster so also be wary."

What do you guys think of Shulk having five different mode swaps? Whatever that means. Regardless I don't think this is real mainly because of Ice Climbers getting the boot and Dr. Mario returning. Actually some other aspects seem bizarre too
Ice Climbers cut makes me angry.

Bowser Jr. fighting in a kart makes it sound like total baloney. If they could make wheeled fighters work we'd get a playable Excitebiker or Mach Rider before Bowser Jr driving a kart.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Ice Climbers cut makes me angry.

Bowser Jr. fighting in a kart makes it sound like total baloney. If they could make wheeled fighters work we'd get a playable Excitebiker or Mach Rider before Bowser Jr driving a kart.
I think he meant the Koopa clown car:
Typically doesn't have the boxing gloves though
Edit: Seems like he would be the air fighter we want Ridley to be...

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Is it really all that surprising that the Mechon look so awesome? Just look at Takahashi's resume: Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, and of course all of the previous Xeno games. This is a man who knows how to make awesome looking robots.

"So I got more info...
Unless my friend is pulling my leg, there's some pretty crazy crap left to be revealed.

-Each character gets 8 alternate costumes, whether they be pallet swaps or new costumes.
-Shulk will be playable with Gaur Plains as his stage, his neutral B changes his Monado mode which essentially makes him dish more damage and take more, or do less damage, and take less.
-Bowser Jr appears as a new comer and allegedly fights from a mario kart... has no alt colors, but instead has the 7 koopalings as alts.
-Duck Hunt is in... from what I've been told it's the duck hunt dog fighting with ducks on his back who assist for certain attacks...

*Edit more info
-Bowser Jr rides in a koopa kart that attacks with cannon balls and boxing gloves and stuff that eject from the clowns mouth.

Now I'm not even sure from this stuff so take it with a grain of salt, but my friend recently quit as a tester due to family reasons, so if he decided he no longer cares what leaks, I could see why he'd tell me.
He was also unclear to me as to if that is the rest of the roster so also be wary."

What do you guys think of Shulk having five different mode swaps? Whatever that means. Regardless I don't think this is real mainly because of Ice Climbers getting the boot and Dr. Mario returning. Actually some other aspects seem bizarre too
Yeah... This seems pretty fake. I don't see Mario getting any more representatives this time around, especially don't see Dr. Mario getting his own spot again. Though I am curious as to just what he means by "5 different modes" for Shulk. What would that even correlate to in Xenoblade?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
His friend just posted in the general leak thread saying he was passing out the information and that last portion wasn't supposed to be shared over the Internet. I'll leave it at that, but I really want to decipher the five mode swaps. Could it be each one based on a different Xenoblade character? I have absolutely no idea.
Do leakers have "friends"? I figured the legit leakers are usually the lone wolves who only give the cold hard details and then disappear.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Ridley's the air fighter we want, need, and deserve.
Bowser Jr.'s- er...uh...hm.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
I don't think Ridley makes sense since I don't get why in the world he would stay on the stage and get hit by something when he can just fly up to where no one can reach him and hit the fighters with fireballs or something. You can limit his flying abilities and let him walk, but then he's not that "aerial fighter", right?. IMO, of course, If there's a logical way to include him while still having that aerial fighter feel, let me know of course.

Bowser Jr. in the copter has the same problem without the walking option. Also, not making use of his brush would be a horrible way to include him since with the brush he would then make a fighter that can use speed-slowing debuffs to control the stage or something. And I imagine that as very interesting.

Last edited:

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
The "leaker" seems to imply that it switches around Shulk's stats to make him either more powerful, but take more damage, or do less damage but take less. I assume this just means there's five variations of this. Say:

Very High attack- Very Low defense
High attack- Low defense
Medium attack- Medium defense
Low attack- High defense
Very Low attack- Very High defense

Basically a very well developed mechanic that doesn't fit Shulk at all. It sounds very likely that this rumor is true. Very likely.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
In regards to that leak, I'll just leave this here.
Although oddly enough Marth's name on this is pretty amusing in hindsight.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Do leakers have "friends"? I figured the legit leakers are usually the lone wolves who only give the cold hard details and then disappear.
Haha. These two guys are known smash board members that have been around awhile I think.

So this guy is proposing a Shulk move set where he can switch Monados. I don't think any of us thought of that as a mechanic to increase/decrease damage input and output. I prefer the break combo or talent gauge though.

Edit: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Wow, I tried it and look at this cool figure!

http://www.fg-site.net/archives/post_old/90500

It has an opening/closing mouth, opening/closing monado, eyes can be turned on to be glowing, and the rubbery thing you put in for the monado's beam is glow in the dark! It's fan made, so no buying unfortunately :(
I want it....

It is a rough translation, but this is what the first paragraph says:

Zeno Blade monad & SD Shuruku
And I bought on launch day a game called Zenobureido of Wii, but it has fits about two months this is interesting unreasonable.
I want to make the character of this game means something after clearing! I tried to make a hero because motivation has been boiled with. Became the base is Ken Golf Pangya Innovation Purafia Ska of PULM. It looks like a it just fiddling Innovation Chocho clothing is because it is about the same. However, this kit, adjustment is sweet (gap open because of an elastic) yuruyuru it's Motokumi etc. about to be moge in Kitsukitsu If you adhere to the ball joint of the hip and shoulder. Face full of black and deformation Mekarun is I want, but it Is not out of WF such as winter ...

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

"So I got more info...

*Edit more info

That Monado gimmick for Shulk makes no sense for him as a character.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

"3 minute leak fest!" gets me every time.

In regards to that leak, why would 5 different modes make any sense for Shulk? Also, given Sakurai's stance on clones based on how he kept justifying Lucina's clone status by saying she was "very lucky" to be added, since his outlook right now is uniqueness over all else, why the **** would Dr. Mario and Dark pit be clones and not alt characters?

"Let's keep teasing Ridley, and then add 2 more Mario characters instead!" (It could happen, but I have too much faith in this roster...come on...) "Oh, it's OK though, we still added Shulk, but instead of giving him interesting mechanics he has in his own game in abundance like we gave Robin, we gave him 5 mode switches to reflect switching weapons!....yay?"

I'm going to say this is complete asscrap and be highly confident about it.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I support Sanic Hegdog. Sorry, guys. This is were we part ways. I no longer support Shulk, Sanic Hegdog is were it's at.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Also, going to remind everyone right now, the polar bears are confirmed to be in Smash Run. Which also basically confirms the Ice Climbers. Leak fake.

Not that anyone thought it was real anyway, but I just had to say it.

I also refuse to believe Ice Climbers were cut, and yet Squirtle and Ivysaur weren't.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Gais, i just made heard some news from my friend hes nintnedo, he said that digson melia riki and the emeperor are all playable!!! my friend is sad though becus his dog died so you will never get in contact with him. k just wanted you to know bye

True-duckson.gif

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Lightning and Astroboy = gold. :rotfl:

On a side note, that idea for Shulk in the "leak" does seem a bit iffy. And bringing back Dr. Mario as a clone and Dark Pit is also a clone? It'd be better that they be alts for Mario and Pit respectively. At least with Lucina there was some subtle distinction, hence her own slot.

plus I generally dislike that they're cutting Snake and Lucas but not Squirtle/Ivysaur...I at least have hope for the former 2 to be DLC if they're not in the final roster.

Last edited:

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Ok, this thread is kind of inactive so I'm going to try bringing something up... hmm...
oh yeah, have I mentioned how I absolutely love the designs of the everything in Xenoblade? Everything looks so cool! For instance, as much as we love to hate him, Metal Face looks pretty damn, well, metal.
Actually, the mechon in general look pretty awesome...
just take a look at Fiora and Yaldabaoth (Egil's face mechon)!

Of course, we can't forget the telethia.
Oh lordy, yes! How incredibly well designed everything is was one of the things that hit me hard while playing Xenoblade. Everything has so much detail, and it all fits. One of the other things I love are the clothes the NPC's have, they really put a lot of thought into everything.

Oh, by the way guys:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Oh lordy, yes! How incredibly well designed everything is was one of the things that hit me hard while playing Xenoblade. Everything has so much detail, and it all fits. One of the other things I love are the clothes the NPC's have, they really put a lot of thought into everything.

Oh, by the way guys:
I take full responsibility. And I regret nothing.

D

Deleted member

"So I got more info...

*Edit more info

-The Ice Climbers are cut?
-Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are in as clones and not as alt costumes of Mario and Pit respectively?
-Duck Hunt?
-"Mode swaps?"
-Bowser Jr. is in, meaning there is a total of 7 Mario characters?

I'm calling fake on this one.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Why are we even discussing this, it's obviously fake.
-Ice Climbers, Wolf and Lucas are cut but Squrtile and Ivysaur stay
-Dr Mario and Dark Pit are their own characters
-Seven Mario & Pokémon reps
-Shulk's moveset doesn't even make sense
Part of me is sad the Gematsu leak is dead because now we have these stupid "leaks" coming out every hour on the hour.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Why are e eve discussing this, it's obviously fake.
-Ice Climbers, Wolf and Lucas are cut but Squrtile and Ivysaur stay
-Dr Mario and Dark Pit are their own characters
-Seven Mario & Pokémon reps
-Shulk's moveset doesn't even make sense
Part of me is sad the Gematsu leak is dead because now we have these stupid "leaks" coming out every hour on the hour.
But what about my leak? :troll:

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice

Oh, by the way guys:
Are we becoming famous or infamous. Or maybe both.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

Oh, by the way guys:
Shulk ought to be happier.

You know you've got it made when people start making bizarre fanfics about you.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann

Oh, by the way guys:
I feel partly responsible for this. Also, #SaveShulk2k14 should be trending right about now...

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522

Oh, by the way guys:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Would you even kill a homs to get Shulk in Smash brothers?

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains

Oh, by the way guys:
I take full responsibility. And I regret nothing.
I also take full responsibility. I made ShulkxMonado a thing first...

Son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom