• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Personally I would enjoy Shulk and Reyn most being playable. I can see the reveal trailer now:
"You're not thinking of going in there alone, Shulk! I got your back!"
Shulk: Thanks Rey-!!! *Gets stabbed by Reyn*

Reyn: What do I always tell you Shulk? Its Reyn time! :troll:

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice
Shulk: Thanks Rey-!!! *Gets stabbed by Reyn*

Reyn: What do I always tell you Shulk? Its Reyn time! :troll:
Why does it feel like something like this has happened before. Something where a character many people wanted was replaced by one almost no one saw coming. Something where the fact that this character wasn't in was outright mocked in the trailer. I forget the character's name- maybe it was something like... Chris? Chrese? No, but... something like that...

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
As unpopular an opinion as this is, I think Sharla would be a pretty unique Assist Trophy, because she could both attack your enemies and heal you in the summon.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
plot twist metal face becomes playable and shulk is the boss of the stage

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
As unpopular an opinion as this is, I think Sharla would be a pretty unique Assist Trophy, because she could both attack your enemies and heal you in the summon.
I don't know if it'd work though, not even having her rifle as an item that does Heal Round or something, cause Sakurai iirc doesn't like guns (which is why Snake in Brawl uses explosives, and Fox/Falco/Wolf use laser blasters. CF also has a gun holstered but never uses it.)

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
*reads back the last couple posts*

...Can we be confirmed now please?

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I feel like if Shulk is confirmed I'm gonna get Xenoblade spoiled for me.
Sounds about right, considering Sakurais track record. Avoid reading trophy descriptions at all cost.

Typed in Xenoblade in Japanese and got this

No. Just no. Gadolt is satan.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Ok, this thread is kind of inactive so I'm going to try bringing something up... hmm...
oh yeah, have I mentioned how I absolutely love the designs of the everything in Xenoblade? Everything looks so cool! For instance, as much as we love to hate him, Metal Face looks pretty damn, well, metal.
Actually, the mechon in general look pretty awesome...
just take a look at Fiora and Yaldabaoth (Egil's face mechon)!

Of course, we can't forget the telethia.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Sounds about right, considering Sakurais track record. Avoid reading trophy descriptions at all cost.

No. Just no. Gadolt is satan.
Well he did spoil a lot about Fire Emblem: Awakening and Kid Icarus: Uprising in the other reveal trailers. Also...

Last edited:

Metal Face

Smash Cadet
Everything looks so cool! For instance, as much as we love to hate him, Metal Face looks pretty damn, well, metal.
Finally, someone who recognized my magesty... wait a second...
"Love to hate?" I'll have your head on a platter!

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Well he did spoil a lot about Fire Emblem: Awakening and Kid Icarus: Uprising in the other reveal trailers. Also...
Wow, those ARE some huge spoilers. But you know what's a bigger spoiler?
Fiora dies in the attack on Colony 6. uh, I mean--
Finally, someone who recognized my magesty... wait a second...
"Love to hate?" I'll have your head on a platter!
Oh Metal Face, you know it to be true.

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
This is an interesting development from Ninka Kiwi:

"So I got more info...
Unless my friend is pulling my leg, there's some pretty crazy crap left to be revealed.

-Snake, Lucas, Ice Climbers (Why), and Wolf are cut
-Doctor Mario is back as a clone
-Dark Pit is a newcomer as a clone
-Each character gets 8 alternate costumes, whether they be pallet swaps or new costumes.
-Alph appears as 4 of Olimar's costumes, while the other 4 are Olimar's.
-Shulk will be playable with Gaur Plains as his stage, his neutral B changes his Monado mode which essentially makes him dish more damage and take more, or do less damage, and take less.
-Bowser Jr appears as a new comer and allegedly fights from a mario kart... has no alt colors, but instead has the 7 koopalings as alts.
-Duck Hunt is in... from what I've been told it's the duck hunt dog fighting with ducks on his back who assist for certain attacks...

*Edit more info
-Shulk has like 5 different mode swaps
-Bowser Jr rides in a koopa kart that attacks with cannon balls and boxing gloves and stuff that eject from the clowns mouth.

note* The kart sounds more like the koopa clown car to me as I read it.

Now I'm not even sure from this stuff so take it with a grain of salt, but my friend recently quit as a tester due to family reasons, so if he decided he no longer cares what leaks, I could see why he'd tell me.
He was also unclear to me as to if that is the rest of the roster so also be wary."

What do you guys think of Shulk having five different mode swaps? Whatever that means. Regardless I don't think this is real mainly because of Ice Climbers getting the boot and Dr. Mario returning. Actually some other aspects seem bizarre too

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Ok, this thread is kind of inactive so I'm going to try bringing something up... hmm...
oh yeah, have I mentioned how I absolutely love the designs of the everything in Xenoblade? Everything looks so cool! For instance, as much as we love to hate him, Metal Face looks pretty damn, well, metal.
Actually, the mechon in general look pretty awesome...
just take a look at Fiora and Yaldabaoth (Egil's face mechon)!

Of course, we can't forget the telethia.
Funny you bring this up, because I have also wanted to talk about how AMAZING some of the designs are.
I especially love @ Metal Face Metal Face 's. pls dont have my head on a platter

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains

"So I got more info...
Unless my friend is pulling my leg, there's some pretty crazy crap left to be revealed.

-Each character gets 8 alternate costumes, whether they be pallet swaps or new costumes.
-Shulk will be playable with Gaur Plains as his stage, his neutral B changes his Monado mode which essentially makes him dish more damage and take more, or do less damage, and take less.
-Bowser Jr appears as a new comer and allegedly fights from a mario kart... has no alt colors, but instead has the 7 koopalings as alts.
-Duck Hunt is in... from what I've been told it's the duck hunt dog fighting with ducks on his back who assist for certain attacks...

*Edit more info
-Bowser Jr rides in a koopa kart that attacks with cannon balls and boxing gloves and stuff that eject from the clowns mouth.

Now I'm not even sure from this stuff so take it with a grain of salt, but my friend recently quit as a tester due to family reasons, so if he decided he no longer cares what leaks, I could see why he'd tell me.
He was also unclear to me as to if that is the rest of the roster so also be wary."

What do you guys think of Shulk having five different mode swaps? Whatever that means. Regardless I don't think this is real mainly because of Ice Climbers getting the boot and Dr. Mario returning. Actually some other aspects seem bizarre too
Bowser Jr? Really? I don't think that Mario will get one more rep, let alone Dr. Mario. And that's not even the beginning of the weirdness of this "leak".

Only thing I take away from this is that Shulk is once again mentioned in another leak. He seems to be a common factor amongst leaks, regardless of whether they're fake or not.

Edit: So, yeah. Fake.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

"So I got more info...

*Edit more info

• Dr Mario returns
  • 2 Mario newcomers and 1 returning clone
  • Dark Pit is a thing
  • Ice Climbers and Wolf cut but not Ivysaur and Squirtle
  • Duck Hunt Dog
  • What on Bionis does "5 different mode swaps" mean?
It's fake.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

"So I got more info...

*Edit more info

I'm gonna go ahead and call this false.
There is no way in Freezing Hell the Ice Climbers are gonna get cut they are way to popular and synonymous with Smash Bros. at this point.

SnapDrake_Games

Smash Apprentice

"So I got more info...

*Edit more info

Gematsu has taught us well. Don't place our faith blindly in those who claim to be testers.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX

"So I got more info...

*Edit more info

This sounds very fake TBH.
- Wolf and ICs are cut, yet Squirtle and Ivysaur are in.
- Doctor Mario and Dark Pit will be alts; In contrast to Lucy, they are the same person/a mirror image of the same person.
- Shulk's idea is completely made up.
- Bowser Jr. would be dumb to have as a character to fight from a Mario Kart since he wasn't in a MK since 6 years now.
Also, all the Koopalings have different heights, so the hitboxes would be off if they were just alts.
And the Koopa Clown Car would be viable as FS, but not in his normal moveset.
- Duck Hunt Dog is a complete joke. One of the bad and annoying sorts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom