• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So something interesting I saw on Gamefaqs, some guy had a poll where if you had to choose between the two who would you rather want in Smash. The two choices were Ridley and Shulk. And the crazy thing is Shulk is winning. I know it's a little thing and it probably doesn't matter, but it's cool to see after the Gematsu leak dying Shulk's popularity has actually been increasing.
I'm not sure the leak is quite dead it's been speculated for a while now that Sal's leaker probably had outdated info.
Even Sakurai said he considered Chrom before anyone but decided against it for the fear of him being an "Ordinary Swordsman".
Meaning Shulk is definitely on the way as well as a Rhythm Heaven rep not necessarily Chorus Kids.
But that's only if you believe that bit of speculation.

Last edited:

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
So here's a question: what would you like to see for a Xenoblade Assist Trophy?

The only correct answer is Riki.
I think that if we where going to get two, i'de be Sharla (heals, maybe also hurts) and Riki (does a random effect), since they are both special effecty characters. Melia is also an option, and might buff you, but i'm a little iffy on that since Sakuri said that only Wii Fir Trainer could so that.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Oh my god guys, I just found something beautiful.

Last edited:

DarkRyu

Smash Cadet
NNID
YoungChief
3DS FC
4098-2758-3357
Dunban as the assist trophy. He comes out and says "I don't have time for small fry!". Then he just leaves, he wasn't playin, he has things to do

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
In all seriousness, I think Riki would be ideal for an Assist Trophy. With all those unique arts and quirky nature of his, he could be one of those unpredictable Assists that causes a different effect every time he's summoned.

And of course, all his appearances would be accompanied by traditional Nopon dialogue.

Oh, and he would look adorable in HD.

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
Dunban as the assist trophy. He comes out and says "I don't have time for small fry!". Then he just leaves, he wasn't playin, he has things to do
Alternate quote for him before he leaves: "You can eat bread without knowing how to bake it."

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
In all seriousness, I think Riki would be ideal for an Assist Trophy. With all those unique arts and quirky nature of his, he could be one of those unpredictable Assists that causes a different effect every time he's summoned.

And of course, all his appearances would be accompanied by traditional Nopon dialogue.

Oh, and he would look adorable in HD.
Reyn would look adorable in HD. :troll:

D

Deleted member

So here's a question: what would you like to see for a Xenoblade Assist Trophy?

The only correct answer is Riki.
Riki very cool!
But...
NOW IT'S REYN TIME!
He would come in and take damage for the player while using moves like Hammer Beat and Sword Drive.

Oh my god guys, I just found something beautiful.

This is incredible!

Glad to see Shulk gain a massive feat by defeating Ridley in a poll.
It's one poll, but it's a poll against Ridley, who is probably the most requested character in the US!
Even the smaller battles are great victories for us.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
But seriously, am I the only one who loved Square-tache? He was only in the game for about 5 minutes, yet he's one of my favorite minor characters.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Riki very cool!
But...
NOW IT'S REYN TIME!
He would come in and take damage for the player while using moves like Hammer Beat and Sword Drive.

This is incredible!

It's one poll, but it's a poll against Ridley, who is probably the most requested character in the US!
I stopped using Reyn as soon as I got Riki.

Argument invalid.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
Riki very cool!
But...
NOW IT'S REYN TIME!

This is incredible!

It shows people have faith in Shulk without some leak. It's awesome.
Keep your stinkin' leaks!

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Riki very cool!
But...
NOW IT'S REYN TIME!

This is incredible!

Reyn would make a great assist. But so would every party memeber basically.

The video is funny at first, but I ALWAYS lose it at the "ALLE-OOP". After that it's just pure gold.

And yeah, Shulk gaining popularity makes me really happy.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
But seriously, am I the only one who loved Square-tache? He was only in the game for about 5 minutes, yet he's one of my favorite minor characters.
No, he is a very likeable character being the main comic relief in the more depressing parts of the story.(If you've played the game you'll know what part I mean)
Edit: If it makes you feel any better it seems like I'm the only person here who dislikes Riki.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Let's say the 3DS version of SSB4 gets one Xenoblade Chronicles Stage and 3 music pieces. What is the stage and what are the music pieces?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Let's say the 3DS version of SSB4 gets one Xenoblade Chronicles Stage and 3 music pieces. What is the stage and what are the music pieces?
Well since the 3DS version can only have 2 tracks on one stage I'll only say 2.
It should be Eryth Sea with "You Shall Know Our Names" and "Mechanical Rhythm".

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'm wondering, does having a song on the 3DS stage mean that you can't have that same song on the Wii U stage?

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Sword Valley, You Will Know Our Names, Mechanical Rhythm, and Time to Fight.

Sword Valley because it's easier to use then Gaur Plains (which I'd rather see in HD), You Will Know Our Names would probably be in both versions, Mechanical Rhythm fits with Sword Valley in my opinion (You know, there's kind of a lot of Mechon there), and Time To Fight just seems too classic to ignore.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I'm wondering, does having a song on the 3DS stage mean that you can't have that same song on the Wii U stage?
I don't see why songs can't be on both versions.

Id~Purpose better be in both versions...

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I don't see why songs can't be on both versions.

Id~Purpose better be in both versions...
Well, I was mostly wondering because I'm not sure if we've seen any songs that are both on the 3DS version and the Wii U version. It would be a shame to lose out on some iconic music just because of exclusivity.

Last edited:

Makrrrrrr

Smash Apprentice
Well, I was mostly wondering because I'm not sure if we've seen any songs that are both on the 3DS version and the Wii U version. It would be a shame to lose out on some iconic music just because of exclusivity.
I think it would be on both. Because since the 3DS one only has two per stage, it could easily work with within any Wii U stage. For example, the main theme of X/Y in Prism Tower could work fine in the Kalos Pokemon League stage for Wii U.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So, I really need to go sleep now (It's 03:30 AM here) and I just sent a thousand different friend requests to people at once. I'm gonna wake up with 100+ alerts aren't I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom