• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

heh check this out

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
They are arguing whether MKvsDC is better than Brawl for crying out loud.
I'm a fan of MK, but truth be told, it's a rubbish fighter, it's running on the fact that it has gore, but even that is getting old.
Brawl is a game that was made with casuals in mind, it's bound to have less depth than MKvsDC.

Also, Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, Tekken, Soul Calibur and Elfmania are miles better.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Which is hysterical since Brawl has insanely more depth than MK vs DC.

Have you played MK vs DC? It's so straightforward, it's not even funny. It honestly looks like they're going to max out their metagame in the next month.

Abyss Master

Smash Rookie
Uhh, there are characters, you fight, you win.

WHAT MORE IS THERE TO A FIGHTING GAME, REALLY?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Not in MKvsDC. DC didn't like the idea of their guys being ripped apart.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I heard that in MKvDC, Superman has an infinite where you just pound the ground. Repeat and you win.

Yeah, what a game, what a game.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
man some of those guys are ignorant. i wouldn't comment on the depth of any of those MK games. But for them say smash isn't even a fighter...are they blind? I love how anybody who claims it lacks depth also discredited their comment by admitting they fight like a n00b

"SSBB is not an "in depth" game at all, example you can just spam pikachu's lightning(like I always do online and against my friends) near the corner and it's impossible for the person trying to get back on the platform without getting hit by the lighting once you time it) it's rather cheesy and spammable. lol"

yea, cause that's the top of the metagame right there, pikachu's lighting, thats our game pikachu lighting spam. IMPOSSIBLE to get back on , love it

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I heard that in MKvDC, Superman has an infinite where you just pound the ground. Repeat and you win.

Reminds me of Sheeva's ground stomp special in Mortal Kombat 3. Just spam it until it hits.

Er!ckLZ

Smash Apprentice
AHHAHAHHAHA MKvsDC is nothing more than Mediocre Heroes fighting...

it barely has any features...

that's a wrapp

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord

i hear DDD and falco have this thing where you keep grabbing them til you get to the edge of the stage

oh and this character named metaknight perhaps youve heard of him heard hes really good

Mashour2

Smash Apprentice
Well, I think Brawl is the best, but thats my opinion. If others don't like it, it is not my problem.

5ive

Smash Champion
Just ignore those scrubs.
Traditional Fighter players usually disown and try to name every bad thing about the Smash franchise anyways.

Every argument I see is about it being a kids game and it has no depth. That just discredits them completely. It's a waste of time trying to argue with ill advised people.

fissionprime

Smash Apprentice
in that entire thread, i didn't see one post telling how MK vs DC has more depthe then smash and they all ignored the melee video that was posted and continued to say that its a kids game.

tsu-money

Smash Cadet
I stopped playing the MK series once it turned 3D. Just wasn't the same...

Church

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure about MKvDC but I played a few of the previous games in the series and they were entertaining for a short amount of time but not for long. Yeah Armageddon had like 60 characters but they all had the same moves with different animations. The cool thing about smash is just the very different playstyles of all of the characters and there are some really unique ones (Olimar, PT, ICs).

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
While I don't necessarily agree or even disagree with the opinions expressed on that board about Smash's genre of game, when you make a statement as ludicrous as MK vs DC having depth, and then saying it has more depth than Smash, you are one very silly person. I'm not trying to badmouth any GAMES here, I absolutely adore every MK game (except maybe Deception and MK2), but that's just a generic act of fanboyism... wait, I'm doing something similar, huh? Well I bet we'd come up with comparative facts to prove our case more effectively than they can if that's their standpoint.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
the same moves with different animations. The cool thing about smash is just the very different playstyles of all of the characters
Fox - Falco - Wolf
Toon Link - Link - Young Link
Captain Falcon - Ganondorf
Mario - Dr. Mario

Tenki

Smash Hero
^ what? they all play differently.

If you tried to play them the same, I don't think you'd get very far.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
Wow, I mean to say Brawl is better than Melee is one thing, but to praise games like Little BigPlanet and MK v. DC with the majority of the post bashing Brawl is another thing. I would compare MK vs. DC to a game in which there are 16 characters, all of them Meta-Knight. That's how spammable Mortal Kombat moves are. And at least Smash has made a positive jump from system to system.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
^ what? they all play differently.

If you tried to play them the same, I don't think you'd get very far.
They are obvious clones, anyone can tell you that. What I was harping on is "the same moves with different animations" and "very different playstyles".

5ive

Smash Champion
Fox - Falco - Wolf
Toon Link - Link - Young Link
Captain Falcon - Ganondorf
Mario - Dr. Mario
wtf. Fail post with over 500 posts?
Are you...trolling, or are you legit.

I'll reply to you seeing you are trying to make a legit point.

EPIC FAIL.

If you are trolling,
meh.

majora_787

Smash Hero
mmm, i was browsing there more and found another funny page of people bad mouthing smash, i am not registered there yet, not sure if i want to after seeing how people bad mouth games they know nothing of

http://www.mortalkombatunited.com/showthread.php?p=30987#post30987
I myself never liked Mortal Kombat...there's something about long memory-required combos, gore needed to make the game more interesting, and a weird overall feel that made me dislike it. Same thing happened with Soul Calibur, but when they added Yoda I just said "NO MEANS NO."

Top Bottom