• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Headphones

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I bought some green headphones at the dollar store. I'm not going to buy expensive ones because I can just get more headphones for a dollar if these break. Its been more than a day and they haven't broken, yay. :3 Man I'm cheap, and broke.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I recommend buying some Skullcandy headphones from Best Buy and getting an extended warranty since you've been having issues.

Skullcandy is an awesome brand. I accidentally ran over my MP3 player with my car and it still worked like normal afterwards.....The pair of headphones I bought have seem two years of abuse so far and are still working perfectly.

You can get ones with a subwoofer in them too >D

They're kinda high, but imo they're worth it.
BS!

I'm on the third pair of Skullcandy headphones right now. The first two broke too easily. And all I did to those two was put them in my bookbag. O_o

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lol at books and school supplies etc doing more damage then a car. :3

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
Chris, do you wrap the headphones around your mp3 player when you aren't using it or let the wire get tangled? When the cord is bent like that, the wires inside easily break, which will cause one (or both) of the earbuds to stop working. I recommend you make sure never to wrap the cord around anything if you want to save your earbuds.

It's happened to me quite often as well. The best thing to do is get a pair of headphones that wrap around your neck, and just always wear them under your shirt or something. When you don't have them on, find a place where you can lay them down with the cord streched out.

M.K

Level 55
I buy the Gumy headphones...they are awesome! (Although they let the ENTIRE room hear what you are listening to)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sometimes I sit stuff in my lap while I'm driving and forget about it when I get up.
It landed in the grass so I didn't hear it hit.
Then I backed over it the next day on the way to work.
lol
Well, my mother went over my retainers once. xD I lose those easily. Twice I lost them! :3 Sorry for going off topic.

My headphones lets the whole room know what I'm listening to as well. Ha

Shök

Smash Champion
I buy the Gumy headphones...they are awesome! (Although they let the ENTIRE room hear what you are listening to)
I used to have to Gummy headphones.

The're okay, but the sounds quality could've been better.

I don't know what kind of headphones I should look for now.

Headphones, not earbuds.

I'm stuck between Skullcandy and Sony.

And recommendations?

IntegraDC2rawkr

Smash Cadet
I use headphones only when im playing my guitar, when i feel like playing early in the morning. So i dont distract my family when they are sleeping still. lol
I had mine for 4 years now still good as hell. Even when I have a 30W Peavey Amp loud as heck and blast my headphones when shredding with my guitar, works perfectly fine

Mine are BOSE. I suggest you get these

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah I guess. Currently I am using logitech headsetphones. For music. xD

ru5514n

Smash Ace
I had Skullcandies once, and they were beast, but unfortunetaly, I lost them :( Since then, I bought a crappy pair for like three bucks about half a year ago, but they totally suck now, I can never hear anything on them.

Shök

Smash Champion
Skullcandy are really good. The sounds quality they deliver is amazing.

I have the ones that go in your ear. :p

mzink*

Smash Ace
My problem with headphones is my ears are so dang sensitive touch-wise. Anything that's not really really soft touching my ear hurts. God forbid I try to use the ones that go IN your ear, that's just torture. Even with padded headphones my ears get so sore. Its annoying, totally ruins attempting to listen to an ipod in like 2 minutes.

Shök

Smash Champion
My problem with headphones is my ears are so dang sensitive touch-wise. Anything that's not really really soft touching my ear hurts. God forbid I try to use the ones that go IN your ear, that's just torture. Even with padded headphones my ears get so sore. Its annoying, totally ruins attempting to listen to an ipod in like 2 minutes.
Wow. That's unfortunate.

Have you actually tried using ear buds?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I can never find a good pair of headphones. I have Skullcandy, but I hate when you have to turn it to make both work. That happens with a lot of headphones I buy.

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
It's unfortunate for me that I'm prone to rashes and the like with regular ear buds. Not that I really enjoy having something wedged into my ear to begin with.

Had Bose wrap-around headphones for a week before returning it. Same with Skullcandyz. I preferred those but on the train, I tend to rest my head on the glass/wall, which proves to be a problem.

So since I'm such a delicate case, I got those clip-on headphones. They're cheap but they do the trick.

dealth0072

Smash Journeyman
I have the Skullcandy Ink'd earbuds, they are great and I can't hear anyone on the school bus now like I did with the generic iPod earbuds.

I also have a Skullcandy Hesh headset, but it tends to hurt my ears, specifically the top half, after about 20 minutes of use :(

Otherwise both are really good in quality and I love the style and design!

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I have the Skullcandy Ink'd earbuds, they are great and I can't hear anyone on the school bus now like I did with the generic iPod earbuds.

I also have a Skullcandy Hesh headset, but it tends to hurt my ears, specifically the top half, after about 20 minutes of use :(

Otherwise both are really good in quality and I love the style and design!
Yeah I've noticed that Hesh headphones tend to hurt the ears after wearing them for a while haha.

Patinator

Smash Champion
I'm a headphones-only guy m'self. For three reasons.

A) I don't want to bother anyone else (I live in a house with two rooms: bathroom and pantry :p).

B) I don't really want anyone else to hear my music in case they don't like it and think I'm dumb for liking it (as with everything else -_-).

C) Higher quality. <3

My headphones are cheap Sony over-the-ear type and they've lasted a few years. Only problem is the black plastic on the foam is coming off. :p ...They're a bit bent though.

Actually, I got two new sets of headphones through a sweepstakes kind of thing and they wouldn't work right; the left one was all quiet. :/

UberMario

Smash Master
I had this problem too, it has to do with the quality of the wires. When one of the wire's linings gets damaged, the signals get disrputed and cause issues with how you hear them, usually it's not completely noticable visually, but a slit usually forms somewhere on a single side of the wire (which if you bend it in a specific direction can cover it up if it isn't to big).

Typically more expensive (not really pricewise, but basically anything more than $15) headphones tend to last longer than $9 ones, or at least that's been the case for me, but it mostly has to do with how often you handle it and how often you leave it somewhere where it ends up squished by an electronic device, stepped on, yanked out, etc.

Shök

Smash Champion
Agreed. From what I've heard, you're not supposed to wrap your headphones around anything.

Ex: Wrapping your headphones around your iPod, ect.

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
I am looking for a quality pair of heaphones myself. I am debating between the sennheiser cx 200's and the klipsh image s2's. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, would it be worth it to spend the extra money and go for the s4's or cx300's?

Edit: In general those looked like the best sound quality earphones under 100$, if there is anything better, let me know.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Skullcandy are really good. The sounds quality they deliver is amazing.

I have the ones that go in your ear. :p
You'll think that Skullcandy sounds good until you try out other headphones, lol.

Besides that, I've had 3 pairs of the Hesh headphones in the last year or so, and they broke rather quickly. I was able to use the first two for a while due to the magic of duct tape, but I gave up on the 3rd one.

Right now I'm using a pair of Sony Extra Bass headphones, and they're pretty good so far. They're a lot more comfortable than the Skullcandies too.

Kole

Smash Lord
Whatever you do, DON'T BUY SKULLCANDYS. They are absolute crap.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Ugh, My hesh headphones plastic on the right side is starting to break.

Should I buy another pair or exchange for something else?
I would wait until they actually shatter and are no longer capable of producing sound, then just go for the 50% discount and get a pair of nice TIs.

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
So I got a pair of sennheiser cx-200's. They definitely sound MUCH better than your average headphone. They'r'e pretty inexpensive too, around 40-50$.

Taffy

Smash Rookie
Oh headphones, how I love them.

I'm currently sporting Denon d2000+ibasso d10 for home use, and Shure se530's for portable.

If anyone wants to know more about headphones they should check out head-fi, awesome site with endless info.

Oh, and don't buy Skullcandy or Bose. They are overrated, bad sounding, over priced, poser trash. Seriously, one can find far better for cheaper if one is willing to look.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
That would be true buuuuuut

Ugh, My hesh headphones plastic on the right side is starting to break.

Should I buy another pair or exchange for something else?
^This is a problem, and they're also uncomfortable and bad sounding when compared to other headphones.

Dealth, I would just buy a pair of Sonys. Sonys may sound bad compared to higher priced headphones, but they're good for $40-$50 headphones.

Kole

Smash Lord
In my personal experience, Skullcandys (excluding their DJ headphones) are absolute junk.

dealth0072

Smash Journeyman
Skullcandy and Bose are only good if you have a money tree in your backyard. Only their highest priced stuff is good.

Also I bought a pair of Sennheisers HD 428 in exchange for my Skullcandy Heshs. The bass is a little nuetral, but I hear it bumps up a little after use. They are much more comfortable and no complaints, cept short cord :(, but I has an extension so it's okee.

Top Bottom