• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HD: Remix Results! Full results up!

napZzz

Smash Hero
it doesnt even matter i dont care sg a cool cat and this tournament was aaamazing les focua on that!

and snakes broken and ***** ics ollolololololooooooo
why did the afterparty I kept hearing about never happen at your house

snake vs. ic's is even

future is the best ic's

Teh Future

Smash Master
why did the afterparty I kept hearing about never happen at your house
man that was so gay nothing happened after the tourney -_-

come to kahoka! we are in the venue the whole weekend and saturday night will be the greatest night of everyones life!!!

now back to shoutouts!!

napZzz

Smash Hero
I always hear things about the kahoka minnesota went to, i'll see what everyone thinks and if they wanna go =D

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412

swordgard

Smash Hero
In the name of science wtf happened here so that this discussion comes to revolve around this >.> Now, Hylian, Lain, Future, Ally, you should read this, but bring food, its a long wall of text.

Hylian, nationals are different from regionals. I lost to inui, you beat, but in a significantly smaller tournament. Point is though, you beat him I didn't. Now if you want to base your whole thing on whos better vs MK because of that, go ahead thats your choice. Now I will not argue being better vs MK is more important of course, but being better vs MK=/=being better overall. As far as I know, Gnes beat you multiple times. I beat him first try. Does that make me better overall? I don't know, we have very little data overall to begin with. Either way, lain is better overall, nothing else matters.

I still think ics vs snake is even, I also beat K9 and bizkit, who am I missing? Hrnut? Even meep who played him before says its even.

All I want to say to you future is, stop assuming w/e the **** you think I mean whenever I post, you keep tunelling on everything I say. You expect me to sound like an ******* so you only find cues that fit your expectations instead of the other way around. Look, you keep trying to trashtalk me without providing even half the facts most of the time, which could easily be considered "trolling" and should get you infractions -.- . Look, never did I state I am the best ice climbers around, actually most people justified their reasonnings beforehand with "Lain says it isnt even, you should trust him". The one point I tried to make during last year was that you shouldn't rely solely on the opinion of one single top player, and even to this day I continue to suggest that you do so. No one player's opinion is absolute, and it is only by debating and sharing that we can get closer to the truth about anything. Don't compromise sound logic for bias, it only leads us astray. Even you future, whom I have heard only stories about complaining about every single thing in the game, stop taking any matchup as granted, if you believe snake vs ics is 7-3, did you ever consider the possibility you might be playing it wrong? Always consider this possibility(you and everyone else including myself should) and work towards improving in the matchup, do research and find new things. Complaining certainly won't change the matchup.

If you truly believe I think I am the best, you are mistaken. That would be a grave mistake on my end, actually most people around me are wrongfully convinced I am better than what I actually am. I keep saying to them "il do my best", I try to live up to what I want to be but I know I am not there yet. I have told Inui multiple time that even though I complained about the crowd, that this was irellevant to the match in question and that he won fair and square, my reaction to the crowd was purely ethics related and that if it even remotely affected me then this was 100% my fault, and that he would have won with or without it. On the other hand, if you want to call me trashgaurd, I must admit I find it kind of insulting but its your opinion. Please note though that my username has no "u" in it, I wish people stopped making that mistake. Keep in mind that to sustain this opinion you need to believe anyone worst than me is trash. I guess you have high standard.

Now it would be foolish of me to assume that I am the best ics, or that I am better than Lain in any shape or way. That would definitely slow my progress down because it is only by aknowledging your flaws that you can later fix them, and I won't let a mere thing like ego stand in my way to get better.

Hylian, I don't know if you are better than me or I am better than you. Point is, we aren't placing first, not all the time, we aren't good enough. I plan on getting better, I hope your victory over lain won't stop you from aiming even higher. Same to Lain, come back and show us why your considered best ics, step it up, beat hylian, beat whoever stands in your way.

TL:DR Biased people remain biased as long as they wish to, your obviously one of them.

PS: Sorry I had to write this in here to whoever this tourney belongs to. The stream was great though for the little time I had the chance to watch this.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
Special extra shout out to Domo, Clel, Holmes, Mr. Doom, 4rce,, and Zeton. - It was a pleasure housing you guys and you are welcome here anytime. maybe next time we can hang out some instead of just getting there at 4 and sleeping.

1: Atomsk ($259 + $48) - Good seeing you again I'm sorry your plans with saffy got all messed up
2: MJG ($101 + $22) (Circuit player) - amzing toon link thanks for wrecking me in pools with MK though
3: Hylian ($75 + $14) - Jordan, seriously awesome job in IC dittos
4: Lain ($43 + $8) - good seeing you again IC dittos are soo lame
5: Clel ($18 + $4) (Circuit player) great job all around... highest full MK at 5!?!?!
5: Kain ($22 + $4) your wolf is always so crazy to watch good job
7: Domo - great job and tough losses dude you are incredible to watch play though
7: Joker - i had fun in pools. sorry I was being so predictable that it was probably boring... im working on that
9: Nicole - we should always wear those glasses at tourneys, i found mine here on the desk
9: Holms - another great wolf, backed up with a ZSS good job in dubs and brackets.
9: Teh_Future - someday our team will come together, and hopefully i will be doing as good as you in singles by the time that happens
9: yoshQ - didn't meet you but good job i saw some of the luigi action
13: vVvFino - good job, lame that you couldn't get strips at churches
13: FAE - It's disturbing how good you are with lucas keep it up kid
13: Moe - sorry I was rooting against you in your match vs future but you really made him work for it, good job
13: Mr. Doom - your ike is disturbingly good keep up the good work
17: Zeton - you can bring this back at Kahoka hopefully I will be able to give you a challenge there too
17: TripleR - didn't meet you sorry
17: MegaRobMan - next time I will get you... AND neither of us will SD our final stocks. BTW amazing moustache
17: Jordan - good seeing you again, it's been a while. did you ever get drunk?
17: Trent - no matter what happens, you just aren't quite fast enough. Also fun hanging out at david's on friday
17: Legan - 17th!?!?!? what do you have the triforce of lame? step it up we both know double digits is beneath you
17: Tmacc - I like your beard... also keep getting better dude, I'm coming after you starting NOW!
17: Surjan - didn't meet you but good job on the placing
25: Nappy - I know your controller was messed up in teams but good job anyway
25: Ripple - seriously rip what are you doing slumming down here? your DK is amazing... you'll get em next time
25: Cook - did you play olimar? I only ask cause i didn't get to see you play and I rarely see you play him in friendlies anymore. well you will have homefield advantage at kahoka so pick it up there.
25: TP - GGs in dubs I will get you soon enough ;P
25: Kemorroo - didn't really talk to you but good stuff on the livestream
25: King - sorry we didn't get to meet, maybe next time
25: Lutz - Holy crap are we the same person!?!?! see you on tuesday for more weird psychic linking
25: DLA - Sorry you had to play another diddy but you worked me. hopefully i won't be such a pushover next time. great ganon and GGs in dubs
33: MetalMusicMan - shake it of you can do it next time will. WUV U!!!
33: Red - Didn't see you much this time but maybe next time. hope you had a good time
33: Fuujin - keep reppin' hyrule you will make it soon
33: Oranos - when did you get so good at brawl? good games and once I calm down you will be in trouble ;P
33: Oro?! - didn't meet you
33: MilkMonster - LUKE good to see you again, hope to see more. once we drop auto pilot we will be kings
33: Breezy - didn't meet you
33: DJIke - GGs in dubs
33: JoWiiCIDE - how many kirby-cides did you get off? Thanks for the support dude and great commentating
33: 4rce - It happens sometimes, maybe the next time we are at the same tourney maybe you can give me a little diddy and wario help
33: Radium88 - Great tourney and even better cookies, thanks for all the hard work you put into this. When is the next one? ;P
33: Bpow - didn't meet you
33: ngamer3k - we didn't really meet, maybe next time
33: Fwog - GGs in dubs, and when did you drop diddy for ness? or were you just using ness in doubles?
33: D. Disciple - thanks for the advice on auto pilot, I have been struggling with that for a while. GGs and crazy SDI against future's IC's in pools
33: Alt-F4 - stop letting the pressure getting to you idiot
49: 369 - good metaknight and games in pools you have a knack for the game just stick with it
49: Chunk - didn't meet you sorry
49: Diedwhenhegotkilled - didn't meet you this time
49: Yink - Good stuff with FAE in dubs maybe i will be able to make it to brain shock
49: Collinello - didn't get to meet you
49: Goat! - good kirby close games. until I got that lucky spike at the end i was really scared

To everyone sorry we didn't have a party at my place afterwards... If it hadn't been like 3 in the morning it would have happened, but I had to work sunday.

napZzz

Smash Hero
ugh. I'm gonna have to do alot of work to show people minnesota is at least better than alot of these other ****ty azz midwest states after just one mistake.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Dphat is legit - your *** better be at hobo. My lucario will be waiting.

4rce - enough with the trash talk it's making me laugh. oh yeah i heard what you said about me on the stream against kain.

napZzz

Smash Hero
hyping us up with unrealistic conditions consistently just ends up making us look bad and gets us **** talked by other states who dont even know us

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
In the name of science wtf happened here so that this discussion comes to revolve around this >.> Now, Hylian, Lain, Future, Ally, you should read this, but bring food, its a long wall of text.

Hylian, nationals are different from regionals. I lost to inui, you beat, but in a significantly smaller tournament..
The tournament I beat him at had 117 entrants, it wasn't exactly small. I've never said anything about any IC being better than others, most of the stuff said in this thread was very lighthearted. Personally, I believe I'm as good against MK as lain is but he's better against Lucario/Snake while you are better against Snake/Diddy. I don't have an opinion as to who is better overall, I just try my best in tournaments regardless of who I'm playing.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
hyping us up with unrealistic conditions consistently just ends up making us look bad and gets us **** talked by other states who dont even know us
I didn't even hype us in my last post. I'm going to hobo and i want to play Dphat again, I haven't played him since genesis with the other texas smashers and he was cool at NKV2. what unrealistic conditions are you talking about anyway?

yoshq

Smash Master
shoutouts:

1: Atomsk - wow... i thought i would do way better than that. i'll rematch sometime when i've made sure to practice the mu
2: MJG - >:(
3: Hylian - very fun matches. will rematch sometime.
5: Kain - grr, i blame the livestream, until next time
7: Domo - lol at your energy during pools
9: Nicole - fun matches and talking, i will rematch because i need to beat every midtier main i face at least once, lol
9: Teh_Future - sorry for coming in so late, thanks
13: vVvFino - haha i felt so bad
13: Mr. Doom - wouldn't have won with luigi, sick ike
17: Zeton - see nicole
17: MegaRobMan - cool guy, fun stuff sat night
17: Trent - you go to everything lol
17: Tmacc - lol yea i got lucky, il be glad to rematch tho :p
17: Surjan - idk if u knew the mu so yeah
25: Nappy - tilt it out more
25: Ripple - wanted to mm
25: Cook - ggs
25: TP - will's twin
25: DLA - good job in the mm
33: MetalMusicMan - troll bait
33: Oranos
33: Oro?! - ^see, oranos wtf
33: Breezy - nah im good
33: D. Disciple - such a beast at driving. except when u go into the wrong side of a 2 side highway

D. Disciple

Smash Master
AUGH OMG Yoshq LOL. that intersection mind gamed so hard. I'm so sorry. also I'm dubbing you as MN. you come to our tournies and car pool with us to OoS tournies and you're just chill all around. I hope your car gets fixed.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
This tourney was a lot of fun, it was nice chilling with everyone.

Not too happy with my placing though... I suppose I should be happy about getting 25th with Ganon, but it's really frustrating when I beat two Diddy Kongs in tournament only to lose to... another Diddy Kong.

I don't think anyone here realizes how exhausting and frustrating it is to play such a ******** matchup three times in one tournament, two of which were consecutive lol. I was so frustrated that I barely even remember my set with Surjan, because I was pretty much in a blind rage the entire set lmao. Not fun.

Other than that, fun friendlies/MMs guys. Shoutouts later tonight probably.

yoshq

Smash Master
This tourney was a lot of fun, it was nice chilling with everyone.

Not too happy with my placing though... I suppose I should be happy about getting 25th with Ganon, but it's really frustrating when I beat two Diddy Kongs in tournament only to lose to... another Diddy Kong.

I don't think anyone here realizes how exhausting and frustrating it is to play such a ******** matchup three times in one tournament, two of which were consecutive lol. I was so frustrated that I barely even remember my set with Surjan, because I was pretty much in a blind rage the entire set lmao. Not fun.

Other than that, fun friendlies/MMs guys. Shoutouts later tonight probably.
you do realize that if you had beat him you would have had to play me right >_>
not that i don't see your point.
i suggest picking up luigi ;)

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
you do realize that if you had beat him you would have had to play me right >_>
not that i don't see your point.
i suggest picking up luigi ;)
Haha I would have loved to fight you that far in losers XD We're so even dude... ever since 2008 we've been taking turns beating each other in tournament--you win one then I win one. And you won the last set so it'll be my turn next time we fight :p

I know you got the hang of the Ganon matchup, but Luigi is still one of my favorite MUs haha. So don't start sleeping on my Ganon, especially since I won the $MM this weekend :p

Also, I'm not sure how much Ganon experience Mr. Doom gets in Kansas, but Chicago is the Ike capital of the world baby XD So if I didn't choke against Surjan, then you guys might have seen a Ganon in the top 10 lol. That's all I'm sayin XD

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
33: Oranos
33: Oro?! - ^see, oranos wtf
??

Shoutouts:
1: Atomsk ($259 + $48) :dedede::snake: - congrats on winning
2: MJG ($101 + $22) (Circuit player) :toonlink: - gg's from pools, congrats on your placing(s)
3: Hylian ($75 + $14) :popo::gw: - good job! didn't talk much, always fun to play ya
4: Lain ($43 + $8) :popo::metaknight: - thanks for the friendlies, helped me more than I expected
5: Clel ($18 + $4) (Circuit player) :metaknight: - nice placing Clel, I was surprised to see you in loser's so early
5: Kain ($22 + $4) :wolf: - congrats on the placing, being IL's best
(we still need to play :ohwell: )
7: Joker :snake: - ****, I'll have to work hard to make it closer next time
9: Holms :wolf::zerosuitsamus: - impressive to watch in teams, didn't see you play singles
9: Teh_Future :popo: - no worries, I was happy you turned it around in bracket
(also, I've technically won now :D)
9: yoshQ :luigi2::metaknight: - see above: ..?
13: FAE - always nice to see you, good stuff & learn to beat those eskimos!
13: Mr. Doom - also impressive in teams
17: TripleR - I didn't feel like you saw my best effort from Saturday (hope to play you again sometime) very GG's
17: Jordan - GG's in singles/dubs, nice set vs Domo
17: Legan - always nice to see ya, friendlies next time I'm in town?
17: Tmacc - nice seeing you, didn't play again though :(
17: Surjan - good to see you get back to business for the tournament (gave me a scare in friendlies the other day :laugh:)
25: Ripple - glad we didn't play in bracket lol, keep working on that falco
(I'll try & keep up)
25: Cook - gg's from doubles
25: Kemorroo - entertaining to watch, I need to play you again :)
25: King - didn't really talk to you much :\ Nice Pika, though
25: Lutz - thanks for the friendlies, hope to see you again
25: DLA - didn't see you wearing those goggles at the tournament (major disappointment) always a cool guy though
33: MetalMusicMan - GG's from doubles
33: Red - thanks for coming along, keeping me up on the ride home. glad you enjoyed it
33: Fuujin - fun teaming with you, shame we couldn't place higher. we'll have to work at it
33: Oro?! - didn't see you much after melee friendlies :\
33: MilkMonster - nice to see you there, forgot your friend's name (bring him to a smaller tournament next time, I'd like to play him)
33: DJIke - nice to finally play ya, thanks for the friendlies
33: JoWiiCIDE - didn't see ya much, need to play you again
33: Radium88 - thanks for the tournament, cookies
33: Fwog - only saw you once, no friedlies :(
33: D. Disciple - gg's from pools, I need to learn what to do lol
33: Alt-F4 - gg's steve & thanks for the compliment :) Can't wait to play again, fun set
49: 369 - gg's from pools, keep at it (a rough first tournament)

Other people I didn't know/talk to/play/remember: hi

MurdaMoe

Smash Ace
1: Atomsk - congrats on winning. im coming for dat azz at brainshock.
2: MJG - ****ing beasted this tourney. i was so happy u timed every ics out. see u at brainshock.
3: Hylian - ggs. even though i hate ics, i still lost to ur gaw straight up. good ****. ill rmbr to turn pause off next time. lol.
4: Lain - fun chillin with ya brah. the games were mad fun too.
5: Clel - good ****!
5: Kain - we'll get those ics next time
7: Domo - we got this next tourney. doin it for all the mk mains out there.
7: Joker - good ****!
9: Nicole - ur so good! definitly inspiring
9: Holms - didnt talk much. good stuff tho.
9: Teh_Future - good **** on that comeback. ill get u at brainshock!
9: yoshQ-thanks for the ride and everything.
13: vVvFino - lol
13: Mr. Doom - kansasota! keep it up!
17: MegaRobMan-that mustache...
17: Trent-still cant beat u with marth. haha. ggs.
25: DLA-nice seeing you bro!
33: 4rce-it was cool chillin
33: Radium88-fun tourney and good food! we will def be back if u decide to host more!
49: Yink-"OMG IS SHE HOT?" nice meeting you!

Top Bottom