• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hawaii

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Yeah I guess so. That IS alot of advertising though. >_> $40,000.00 for a controller is pretty outrageous. Unless having it somehow gave me his powers.

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
You guys know he's joking, though...

But he didn't seem like a bad person in that chat. And he was really helpful when he was trying to help me go to the OC2. My paranoid dad needed all this info on his previous tournaments and stuff, and Ken helped me with that.

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
I meant bad as in stuck up and arrogant. And really... who would be serious about selling something like that for $40K? I don't think even a bat autographed by Barry Bonds is worth that much.

BTW, I did read your post >.<

I said he isn't as arrogant and stuck up as people think he is. You said he is. Being stuck up and arrogant is bad, right?

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
frickin shoyo getting to excited. i said out loud to the three guys that they may leave if theyre irritated or just want to. but they didnt. ken kept advertising n stuff but i didnt care. the other dudes in there was saying stupid stuff and i felt that we were violating them n stuff. it was cool talking to them. but yeah. shoyo is just getting to excited.

Edit: frankie hows the video going...and shoyo is just jealous of ken......and me.....cause we both use orange hott foxes.(thats better than his)

Trepidation

Smash Cadet
they were cool. we talked to manacloud after you left andrew. Ken was playing starcraft i think... lol i was going to play w/ him but i couldnt get mine to work >.< lol manacloud and nealdt and chu dat were cool. Lol manacloud told eugene and me that he will mod our controllers for $80? lol i wanna get the OC2 dvd now... lol he also said that when california breaks off and goes towards hawaii he will set up a post and shoot all hawaiians who try to cross the border o_O lol that was hilarious

Darkmusician

Smash Master
That border thing is pretty hilarious.

No problem at all Matt. I don't really have a time to be home, but midnight is really pushing it.

I have no brass sectionals on friday!!! That means I can leave for Kapolei at 5:15. Yaaaay!!! If anyone is not getting a ride from Frankie, they can meet me at UH and I'll drive. (Still don't know what Frankie is gonna do bout rides) If not I'm just gonna pick up some dinner and drive myself down. Pretty much remember where it was.

Hopefully I'll get some time in to practice tomorrow.

Hot orange fox. lol I like greeeeeen!!! XD

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
hey bobby, i know that you know paul and aj. trumpet dudes. im the smash player paul was telling you about.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Man Matt, I never knew your grammar was that bad before.

Whatever Andrew! You never let me use the regular Fox cuz you wanted it last time. Hahah
Oh, and I wasn't excited, I'm like that to everyone. On the other hand, you were being a stuck up. Everyone ask Eugene, Ed, or one of the pros! He was all 'Will it not disturb the ancient gods of smash if I were to ask of you a tiny question? I have to apologize for my friends are idiots. You do not have to if it so bothers you" Stuff like that man! Andrew doesn't talk or type like that ever. You were like wiping their as$es man! Hahah. Don't be jizzing all over the place Andrew. People, my IM log saved everything, so if you want a copy of the chat and Andrew kissing some major pro as$, ask me for it!
Oh, and invited ken in the first place cuz all yous were "oh noes! Ken is teh scary. no u invite him" Which lead to the others coming anyway.

Get the OC video Ed! Illegal copies ftw!

Alright! Two more days!

deadleather

Smash Apprentice
Shoyo, it still makes sence. It's not like i'm letting off something completly different from what i'm trying to say. I can type proper, i just choose to type ******** on forums. Unless you're being sarcastic-and you always are, so you need to stop the sarcasm because i get really pissed off and type a long *** explaination... like this one...you F@G.

MAtt

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Idk...I don't even know how I would talk to a pro. Probably polite more or less since I don't "know" them.

Oh yeah, and Andrew, yes I do know a Paul and AJ from Waipahu. Never really met AJ. Paul is in the marching band and is pretty off the wall. Funny story, he sees us smashing in the courtyard and asks to join. Of course we say yes, and then he's all "go easy on me" and stuff like that. He plays as Shiek and does a pretty not bad job. Go figure. Last time I played him was a long time ago. I do however see him every tues and thurs when we have Band 3. I will also be determining what seat he will place in the band because I was put in charge of Band 3 trumpet auditions.

Thanks for sharing that with me Andrew. Good stuff.

-Bobby

tenyearwarranty

Smash Apprentice
Ha, Kens joking there. Really hes not as bad as some of you think, we all met him and he is VERY humble when it comes to playing against him. His older brother was cool too, both of them arn't anything out of the ordinary.

By far everyone at OC2 were great guys. Everyone I met, Ken, Manacloud, Chudat, HuGs, Isai, KillaOR, Doraki, JD, Chaotic, Magnum, Helios, Arash, West cost Azen, Bob and Rob Money, all of DBR's members, EVERYONE was cool. The pros weren't stuck up at all, in fact they were more than willing to give a few tips and improve our game as well.

Cept Mew2king. Everyone hates him. Nealdt was a cool guy and he's offically sworn into Team Livewire because of the day he dropped us off to the airport.

btw: Ken's little sister had a thing for me. She chatted with me during the latter part of the tournament and I got to know her a bit. >_>

But you didn't hear this from me.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i heard that SOMEBODY was hookin up with ken's sister at a big tourney at one point. pretty crazy huh?

>_>

lose your sig is pwn sauce XD i always liked it. i'm breaking my parents down, it should be soooooooooooon.

they said i had to visit some colleges first, i'm visiting those this month, i could be coming in february even!

TWOULD BE PWNAGE!

also, gimpyfish now officially plays a bowser/ganon combo.

bowser + triforce of power?

own!

EDIT: you guys know that the "pros" are just people too right? lol, talk to them how youd talk to a normal person, dont worship them. that gets REALLY annoying, REALLY quickly... I get messages every day from people i dont know asking me bowser questions and stuff... it gets irritating. if they seem irritated, its just not a good time. dont expect them to drop everything to help you or whatever, they have lives, and their lives (unless its m2k) are not smash.

FireFly

Smash Lord
omg i still have to money match you gimpy, and i remember back when you were here you said ganon sucked and was too slow lol, come soon! >_<

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
alright frankie
when are you picking us up tmr at ala moana?
i will go straight there right after school @ 2:40
then fill out some job application forms and hopefully buy a new control if have time...
yeah then SMASH!!

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I haven't heard from Frankie in a couple of days.

If anyone and I mean ANYONE wants of needs a ride to Smashfest you must tell me before tomorrow. I'll check the forum tomorrow morning and after that that's it. If not I'll drive by myself and my ipod nano to keep me company. :D

It's great to know that most of the pros are humble and friendly. I'd actually love to talk with them to learn about their non-ssbm related hobbies and stuff. That would be very cool.

Jose mention that people hate mew2king. What's his problem?

I don't think anyone from my crew will be coming tomorrow so I'll probably be representing alone. They said they had work, or other business that night. Bummers. Oh wait, Glen is coming. Well he kinda lives ride down the block so I guess that doesn't count. : P

So yeah, if you live in town or will be in town and don't know what your ride is, I guess ask Frankie or myself. I don't mind doing pickups and stuff as long as it's in advance.

Kens sister is younger right? I wonder what she's like. You're such a stud Jose! hehehe

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
wow i missed a lot....
WORLD OF WARCARFT STOLE MY SOUL!!!!!
pretty much it went back and read wat i missed heh funny stuff vids not done.... cause we camped ouf infornt of COMPUSA for burning crusades the day i was suppost to finish the vid... lol im as far as the knee justice part lol

WTF JOSE WEN WAS THIS?!!?!?!?!?!?!?! fr1cking guy lol

for pick ups ummm mind if bobby does it and i drop off? cause i got stuff to do tomorrow so towns people its bobby u guys got to catch ride with to go to jose's tomorrow and some of the team livewire members wants a rematch on the crew battle.... its just talk amoungst us but if it does happen... imma stop editing this old one lol

as for the pros gimpy is right there just normal ppl. killaor cort hayato and the rest of the guys we were housed with were great. Nealdt actually joined in on the 69 number game the livewire boys play. I got to sing to ken after one of the tournament days good stuff good stuff k back to lvling.... ya im here cause im taking a break from wow...

fricking 22 lvls in 2 fricking days?!?!?!!? thats ****s an accomplishment

Darkmusician

Smash Master
LOLZ Frankie! That's all kinds of awesome! My friend went to the release night thing too. Heard the game was worth it though. Ironically my friends mom said that WOW would take his soul too. lol

Thanks for the info on the rides stuff. I shall do my best to squeeze as many people as I can into my 95 tercel.

For all of you that need a ride tomorrow please read this.

I get done with school at 5:15pm I'm so glad I don't have sectionals tomorrow.
I'll keep it simple. We'll meet at Ala Moana Shopping Center. Wait outside the LONGS DRUGS STORE. I will find parking up top and meet you all there. Then we can figure out who goes where in my car.

There will probably be traffic so I think the earliest I can be there is 6:00pm. I'm really sorry if this seems late, but I really can't help it. If all goes well we should be there by about 7:00.

So far I got Terance, Shoyo, and Matt. I hope they get this message. @_@ Anyone else that needs a ride from town, let me know if you're in.

I'll keep checking the forum until I go to school tomorrow. I'll also be checking when I can at work during the morning. I may not reply to you, but I will be sure to read any updates. I'll do my best to get everyone there.

-Bobby

Ping_Ping

Smash Ace
well terence if anything go to pearl ridge imma be in that area around 3:30is if anything just cant go to town in the after toon cause im doing something before hand

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Yeah, I know Daniel. No worries.

Bobby, Matt and I will probably meet you there then. Looks like Terence is in too. So, PM or AIM me your phone digits plz~
Should get the approximate time of meeting and whatnot.

Andreeeeeeeeew~! See, I talk to them like I would anyone. Unless it's Isai. Isai's just uber so I might **** myself... >_> Man, I wanna meet him one day.

Jose you popular guy you~ Know how to work smash and the girls eh?

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
shoyo...blah blah...whatever....youre still not an orange fox. i went supersaiyan. my hair doesnt turn gold......MY BOOTS DO.

what you posted here on smashboards isnt even the real chat.

*i wont be here for the weekend so shoyo can talk all he like and im not gonna see it.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
alright bobby i am going with you. 5:15 is not a problem, more time for me i guess. no need PMs i just leave my number here, 393-7266 . if anyone wants it just put this in your phone book. but i better not be getting phone threats by nick. and anyone will be at the mall early, call me up then we could hang a little bit, get some food or stuff like that. see you all tmr.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Hahah, whatever Andrew. You can't stop the OG Fox no matter what color you are. >=)

Kay then Terence, I'm gonna leave it in just in case. Like last time when SOMEBODY didn't answer my calls. If anyone needs it, 384-2685's mine, so save it if you need it.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Ok so we got Terence, Shoyo, Matt, Matt's Friend and myself. Full car sounds good.

Ok ok. See you all by Ala Moana Longs Drugs. I will hurry as fast as I can. Should be there by about 5:45.

I'll see you all tomorrow.

-Bobby

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
scott, oshiro did pretty well overall.

EDIT: I made myself sound like a fool with the confusion about the vid cam. anyway scott i got a few vids down.
there were:
oshiro (GAW) vs frank (falco)
oshiro (shiek) vs frank (puff)
oshiro (shiek) vs tom (samus)
tom (fox) vs nick (falco)
tom (CF) vs jose (samus)
tom (CF) vs jose (samus) redemption

there were oshiro (roy) vs nick (falco) and some other cool stuff. but i was playing so i couldn't follow oshiro around to record the matches.

Top Bottom