• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have you ever hacked for Pokemon?

Chagen46

Smash Journeyman
I have... yesterday I got me a Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus....

Gotta Love Action Replay.

So... Have you ever hacked for Pokemon?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Only 3 times; for Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus. But only to encounter them; I caught them legitimately in battle.

I never thought I'd get them legitimately, so...
I sort of regret it now, but there's not much I can do about it anymore. Well, I can restart my game, but considering I have 450 Pokemon caught and 475 Pokemon seen, I'd rather not.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Never hacked. My friends did to see certain pokemon the wild as shinies or battle Darkrai, Arceus and Shaymin.

Chagen46

Smash Journeyman
Only 3 times; for Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus. But only to encounter them; I caught them legitimately in battle.

I sort of regret it now, but there's not much I can do about it anymore. Well, I can restart my game, but considering I have 450 Pokemon caught and 475 Pokemon seen, I'd rather not.

Yeah, I caught Darkrai legitimately. It only took two PokeBalls!

drcossack

Smash Ace
Yes. Quite a few on Diamond:

Suicune, Darkrai, Heracross, Salamence, Charizard, Sceptile, Gyarados, Ninjask, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Mewtwo, Tyranitar, Garchomp, Skarmory, Latios, Dragonite, Rampardos, Weavile, Gengar.

Those are just the ones I've EV trained.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I've only hacked Blue for Mew so I could raise it from level 5 as my "starter". Good times.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I used AR to get my team on Diamond but only because I was too lazy to breed them all for the moves. And I kept them at level 1 with no EV's and randomly generated IV's so I could at least pretend I wasn't doing anything wrong >_> Granted, I probably shouldn't have because now my weavile has a SpAtk stat thats like 30 points below the lowest it can possibly be >.<

ss118

Smash Master
I pokesaved the ****ing **** outa my game. I'm dead ****ing serious! If nintendo were to ever ****ing take they're ****ing ball-licking ***** and drive up to my house, they'd see the all kinds of ****ing **** my ***** of a ****ing game would have.

^^^owned by smashboards, no doubt

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
To tell the truth I have used action replay to get Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus. However I did catch them legal, and I never use them in battle's.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

ya those are the only ones I hacked to and I also caught them legitimately in battle. BTW congrats on the almost complete pokedex :) , mines complete.

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
I caught/traded 490 pokemon, completely legitimately. Then, I had my friend use AR for me, in order to get Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus. It was only because I wanted to finally be able to complete my pokedex.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
I'm deeply considering hacking to complete my Pokedex and build my dream team. The completion of the Pokedex and the obscurity of some Pokemon was what kept me from getting hardbody into the game. The TEDIUM....
Were I to be able to start a game of Pokemon with my six at the ready, I'd do it. Also, I always felt bad for the little e-creatures trapped in boxes more often than not. I'd rather just let 'em all run free while I zip about with my big six and a full Pokedex.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm deeply considering hacking to complete my Pokedex and build my dream team. The completion of the Pokedex and the obscurity of some Pokemon was what kept me from getting hardbody into the game. The TEDIUM....
Were I to be able to start a game of Pokemon with my six at the ready, I'd do it. Also, I always felt bad for the little e-creatures trapped in boxes more often than not. I'd rather just let 'em all run free while I zip about with my big six and a full Pokedex.
I actually did that with Pearl; I picked out six Pokemon I wanted to start with, and bred them into eggs on my Diamond. Then, I restarted my Pearl and traded over the eggs. I kept them as eggs so they'd have my Pearl as the OT and they'd obey me regardless. It is pretty nice to be able to pick whichever Pokemon you want from the start instead of being forced to get them as you go. The only downside is it's kind of nice to switch up your team every once in a while, or at least add to it, which you can't do like this. Still fun, though.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
I never hacked for any, just because I hate hacking. It's completely unfair and cheats the game as well as the system. Although, I have traded for some hacks without knowing it at some points.

dragonsyth1

Smash Rookie
i dont hack anymore, but i used to use pokesav/AR to hack anything i wanted (IVs anything i want, EVs anything, moves anything etc.)(could make them look real as possible to the human eye but not to a computer program)

got caught on smogon by such a computer program then i started breeding my own, if some random person can catch you so could nintendo if you used the pokemon in a tournament.

hi miamisportsfan, remember me from smogon??

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
My friend hacked a Chansey with Seismic Toss before because neither one of us owned Pokemon Fire Red or leaf Green. I'm not going to spend money on every single game Nintendo makes just to get a slight advantage. If I have to resort to that, I'll spend my money where I get the best results.

M.K

Level 55
I hacked to get a Wild Elekid in Emerald, and hacked the TM's to teach it Cross Chop and Ice Punch, then traded it over to Pearl and....it was a GREAT Electivire.

Tr4ce

Smash Apprentice
I have only hacked all the event pokemanz because there are no pokemon events here where I live

BlackFoxPariah

Smash Apprentice
I hacked a few to avoid going to an event. I only did it on emerald b/c that's the only thing my gameshark was compatible for.

My friends would hack Mews in R/B/Y and clone glitch them for me. I wish I had known about the mew glitch back in the day. I started over my Red version just to see if it would work and that's a pretty sick glitch

majora_787

Smash Hero
I plan on hacking Ruby. A few reasons:

1 - None of my friends have pokemon games older than ruby. So all I have is a full pokedex, and I want a national.

2 - Deoxys.

3 - Jirachi, so I can fix the berry glitch. Yes, that's my only reason for wanting Jirachi.

4 - I want a level 100 Maganium like I had on silver version.

But all I plan on doing is encountering the baby forms of all of the pokemon, and catch them. Then I'll do the rest the hard way, especially the meganium. :ohwell:

5 - If I'm gonna catch Latios I am going to f*cking finish the 3rd gen pokedex. XD

Top Bottom