• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

have you ever caught a legendary...

rhan

Smash Hero
My brother caught a Groudon with a Pokeball after he ran out of (150) Ultraballs. The Groudon had about10% of HP left when the catch was made.

Yeah.... that catch lasted a few hours.....

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Yeah, I also caught a Groudon with a pokeball:)

Although my friend caught a Registeel with a DIVE BALL! That is just not supposed to work!

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Dialga, Zapdos (LG), and Moltres (LG). Apart from those three, none so far. My list should be considerably larger after I actually get somewhere in Platinum, seeing as catching everything in a Pokeball is going to be my goal in the game.

Oh, and I caught Abra in a Pokeball. I know it's not a legendary, but it's still a pain in the ***.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
No.

My greatest feat is a legendary in an Ultra Ball. Two, actually.

But what sucks is that I saw my very first Shiny in all of the Pokemon games I've had. I attempted to catch, but since it was a Double Wild Battle, I couldn't. "You cannot possibly aim since there are two Pokemon!" How does THAT work :?

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
But what sucks is that I saw my very first Shiny in all of the Pokemon games I've had. I attempted to catch, but since it was a Double Wild Battle, I couldn't. "You cannot possibly aim since there are two Pokemon!" How does THAT work :?
That's rough kid. The game played you hard. :urg:

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
No.

If I can remember correctly, you can catch it after you kill the other one? I'm not entirely sure, but I seem to remember having that issue before too. The only problem, however, is rather obvious: your partner can't kill it either. :ohwell:

M.K

Level 55
No.

1) Kill your partner.

2) Kill the non-Shiny partner Pokemon

3) Weaken the Shiny.

4) ?????

5) Profit!

Spire

III
BRoomer
have you ever caught a legendary with a poke ball just a plain old poke ball I have mine was heatran it was so funny my bros were so amazed I think that was one of my favourite catchs
lol please tell me if you have
Wow, nice use of zero punctuation!

Yes, I believe I did so with both Mewtwo and Rayquaza back in the day.

metashinryu

Smash Ace
i caught mewtwo in pokemon blue with a pokeball,i caught raikou with a pokeball,i caught groudon with a pokeball...

hell pokeballs have more success rate than any other danm ball,is just ridiculous XD

also,i caught rayquaza with a luxury ball =D

peregrine monkey

Smash Apprentice
I caught Uxie and Azelf with my first ball, although I suspect it was a great ball (not really sure). What's really amazing was my friend catching Groudon with a nest ball.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Caught Arcticuno, Zapdos, and Moltres in Pokeballs and a Deoxys in Premier Ball.

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
My friend caught Groudon on the first turn w/ a timer ball

I caught Giratina (paralyzed +low health) WITH A NEST BALL.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I actually find that in Pokemon Colloseum, if any of the legendary dogs are at 1 health and asleep, they are too weak to be captured with an ultra ball. When it's asleep, you only want to lower it's health to a quarter, and no lower. If it's awake, you want to bring it to borderline between red and yellow.

Otherwise, the pokemon tends to be too weak to be captured with an ultra ball, but too strong to be captured with a great ball.

Ever try capturing a level 3-5 caterpie with an ultra ball? I don't think it's actually possible.

Never mind that last part, I'm pretty sure it's not true for D/P/Pt after having tested it two minutes ago against starly and bidoof. Maybe the capture mechanics changed between games, or maybe I'm mixed up.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
No.

That is the best I have done, I caught Mesprit in 2 Ultra Balls.
I've ran out of legendaries to catch now- I only need to get Mewtwo on LG, and Heatran on Pearl, so I may try some Pokeballs on Heatran for the lulz.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I actually find that in Pokemon Colloseum, if any of the legendary dogs are at 1 health and asleep, they are too weak to be captured with an ultra ball. When it's asleep, you only want to lower it's health to a quarter, and no lower. If it's awake, you want to bring it to borderline between red and yellow.

Otherwise, the pokemon tends to be too weak to be captured with an ultra ball, but too strong to be captured with a great ball.

Ever try capturing a level 3-5 caterpie with an ultra ball? I don't think it's actually possible.

Never mind that last part, I'm pretty sure it's not true for D/P/Pt after having tested it two minutes ago against starly and bidoof. Maybe the capture mechanics changed between games, or maybe I'm mixed up.
What It's possible for a pokemon to be too weak for an ultra ball to capture?

SInce when? ..I've never used great or pokeballs once I got ultra balls in the past and never had a problem. In fact, with an ultra ball I didn't even have to hurt pokemon of lower levels.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
What It's possible for a pokemon to be too weak for an ultra ball to capture?

SInce when? ..I've never used great or pokeballs once I got ultra balls in the past and never had a problem. In fact, with an ultra ball I didn't even have to hurt pokemon of lower levels.
Once again, I might be mixed up. Although if you want to check for yourself, it was caterpie in Viridian Forest. It was several years ago since I last checked, and I only did it twice.

I do know that it is possible to weaken legendaries too much to easily catch them though, from a ton of (annoying) experience in Pokemon Colloseum. Although the legendaries in that game seemed a lot easier to catch than those in Diamond and Pearl. You DO NOT want Raikou asleep with one HP. (although great balls might work when this happens...)

pokemon_legend

Smash Journeyman

wow that is gay lol but hey my newest catch I was playing pkmn sapphire and I caught kyogre with premier ball

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice

It may have just been bad luck. The current mechanics are here:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Catch_rate

00Lucifer00

Smash Rookie
I caught my Emerald Kyogre (at LV.70) in a pokeball (to power up timer balls), although it was asleep, with about 5% health. The catch is that it was the first pokeball I threw in that battle

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
I caught one of the Regi's from the 3rd gen that way (I forget which one it was right now, but I think it was Regirock). Little ******* was giving me trouble for about 20 tries straight (It just would -not- be caught!) so having run out of 'decent' balls to use I tossed a pokeball I had found earlier. I was like "Wait... that worked?!"

Player-4

See you in 25 years
i know he's not a legendary but i caught the snorlax laying in the road in fire red/leaf green with a pokeball

Blackroserade66

Smash Cadet
I caught Palkia with a Pokeball, just one thunderbolt to get it down to 60%. (Hey, lets randomly throw a pokeball at it!!) "Twitch..... Twitch.... Twitch.... Zeeerrrr... Blip." Da-da-da-da-DADA!!!!!" I also caught Kyogre with a Dive ball after about 2 hours of Ultra Balls and Timer Balls.

Top Bottom