• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has anyone found something about Sonic yet?

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Has someone found out Something about Sonic yet? Not AT's but SOMETHING about Sonic himself. Something strange...

Trillion

Smash Ace
ummm, this may or may not be useful, but it is kind of strange. sonic's forward smash has a very small disjointed hitbox on it that sometimes allows sonic's attacks to hit while someone else's does not. for example: sonic forward smashes an oncoming, fully charged, DK Punch. Sonic hits DK and DK does not hit Sonic.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Yeah that's useful but not about his attacks. I mean about something about Sonic himself. I am hinting something...

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I've discovered something but i'm waiting for my Wii to be fixed (i've got prove in my sd card) before I release it. It COULD be something big...

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
horny looking ftilt? I dunno, I'm just brainstormin... he wants Amy.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
horny looking ftilt? I dunno, I'm just brainstormin... he wants Amy.
xD
But I'm serious. I'm just checking if it has been found out before. It is something that could be promising. I could tell you now but you'll need to wait for the evidence.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Well here it goes,
I was playing this game online, I'd thought it be entertaining if I suicided the who match (don't ask). So I was walking up this green slope when a ROB fired a laser at the back of Sonic's head. Nothing happen...later that match Pit's arrow hit him in the same place, and again nothing happened. Unfortunately I was disconnected 4 secs before I could record it. In the match I did record a Pikachu skull bashed me in the top part of Sonic's quills. Nothing happened. HOWEVER, this maybe nothing, I need to get my Wii fixed then I can see if this the case or not, please don't get your hopes up. I'd just thought I'll let you know, so...
Go to training, slowest speed and watch the last part of his side taunt. Serious business...

Umby

Smash Master
Instead of beating around the bush it would have been more efficient to tell us what you wanted to tell us instead of hinting with ambiguous clues.

fujbubccc

Smash Apprentice
I think he's really Mewtwo. If you hold sheild on the select screen, you start your match as Mewtwo. A+ for hidden secrets Sakurai!

RixMaadi

Smash Cadet
"walking up this green slope"

Are you talking about the Green Hill Zone stage?

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Lol this is kinda funny if its true. Sonic's quills are made of steel looolll.

Don't see applications(except maybe running away from projectiles?, but its definitely an interesting goose egg if anything heh.

Tenki

Smash Hero
guys, did you know that when Sonic crouches...

i lol'd at the discovery though.

i knew his head was strong (seriously, F-air > stungun, fireballs, MK side-B... lol?), but that's really funny.

haven't tried it yet nor am i planning to rely on it, lol.

RixMaadi

Smash Cadet
I tried testing this out on Green Hill Zone and the result was Sonic still taking damage.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Well I might as well post 2 things i've known for a while, you might know this already :p

1) You can fast fall VB
Smash down and B at the same time I think (forgot the timing). Good to ASC someone under the platform I guess.

2) Skimming?
Go to final destination (didn't test it anywhere else) Go to the very tip of the stage until your balancing then to <B and hold. you should fall but move backwards. Skimming the side of final destination. It could be used in many ways, like releasing the >B early so the hop protects the edge or a way of footstooling.

Can't test any of this right now. Is this common knowledge?

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
2) Skimming?
Go to final destination (didn't test it anywhere else) Go to the very tip of the stage until your balancing then to <B and hold. you should fall but move backwards. Skimming the side of final destination. It could be used in many ways, like releasing the >B early so the hop protects the edge or a way of footstooling.

Can't test any of this right now. Is this common knowledge?
I don't think it footstools, it just hurts them.
I use this all the time though. It's great for tiny son of a *****es like Squirtle who can just duck under the hop. Doesn't offer any advantages over doing a Spin Charge though.
It's nice to see another English Sonic main though, we're like the only ones :|

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I don't think it footstools, it just hurts them.
I use this all the time though. It's great for tiny son of a *****es like Squirtle who can just duck under the hop. Doesn't offer any advantages over doing a Spin Charge though.
It's nice to see another English Sonic main though, we're like the only ones :|
If you jump cancel it I think it will foot stool them. Yeah, I don't think there's another English Sonic mainer on these boards besides you and me... But we can show that creep the super power of team work right? :D

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I NOTICED SOMETHING WEIRD ABOUT SONIC TOO!!!!!ONE1!!ELEVEN!!

he doesnt move his mouth when he talks.
Dude i noticed that too, he just smiles and yells when he side taunts. I paused it several times when he was doing it and there was no mouth movement. I think this is very high tier material right here.

RixMaadi

Smash Cadet
Also, is Sonic considered to have only 1 eye? In some pics and in Brawl, he has that gap above his nose. If you were to poke that, would it still hurt like poking an eye? Meaning that Sonic has 1 big eye with 2 pupils?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Also, is Sonic considered to have only 1 eye? In some pics and in Brawl, he has that gap above his nose. If you were to poke that, would it still hurt like poking an eye? Meaning that Sonic has 1 big eye with 2 pupils?
rofl, probably. But this could be a disadvantage if people start to sweetspot Sonic's eyes so don't tell them...
How did Sega come up with those eyes anyway?

Tenki

Smash Hero
I noticed that when Snake does his pummel on Sonic, he's gouging Sonic's eyes out.

0 eyes

edit:
@Chis:
fastfall charge was known. I always thought of it as being useless, but I've started throwing it in.

the side-B by the ledge is known but it's not a very explored part of the game, unless starting invincible spindashes in Yoshi's Island, Pictochat, and Rainbow Cruise, but even THAT's not very mainstream yet.

Top Bottom