• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Harry Potter And the Deathly Mafia - Peeves/Mafia WIN!

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh by the way, in case anyone is interested, no I don't have any daykill powers. I heard a whisper that was along the lines of the order given to Omis on d2 when he was imperiused, and was fooled for a while into thinking that I actually had to go with itXD Anyway, Mac, I'm interested to hear your thoughts for sure.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
I did choose to investigate Superstar honestly...

"Plllltlttttt...." Peeves blew raspberries at everyone as they gathered back in the Great Hall. Giggling merrily, it was revealed that he switched night actions between Karthik and junglefever during the night.

Ask jungle how it went

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would just like to point out Karthik is confirmed lying. First of all, my role is essentially a driver(for those familiar with EM), meaning if someone had voted to kill say jungle, Karthik would have died and vice versa. This does NOT mean that if I use my ability the other person gets the investigations/etc. Now, if proof is needed, N0, which Karthik claims to have a result from, I used my power between him and Tom. N1, I switched Omis and Macman during which Omis got his result. N2 I was really roleblocked(seeing as I have no reason to lie anymore, this is true, which makes me interested as to how Hando was as well). And you all obviously know my n3 actions. Regardless, KK not claiming to be roleblocked, yet making up an excuse to not have a result means that he is definitely lying about something.

Smash Master
No Macman, I still don't know when I werewolfify. I'm just gonna not explore. I think all the cool things are prolly taken by now anyway.

Room 1 is the same as Room 22. What's up with that?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
So basically on certain nights, you kill who goes to the same room as you or you kill who targets you?

and mentos, I don't see why you couldn't still be lying. Your role is pretty random and confusing but it seems like you can do w/e you want. Why would you care to inform the town about this?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
As I said, it is more beneficial for me to work with town. Mafia can not win with 5 people remaining as things stand. Town can. With my win condition being revealed, I feel I am better off to team with the side that can potentially meet their win condition at the same time as me that siding with the side that would be unable to do so.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
@ macman: why do i have to claim? I don't understand why you think I targeted smashman.

@ karthik: what are you even talking about.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
nvm I was confused about Mentos's role. I thought whoever you targeted would become KKs target. It kinda messed up my whole thought process actually.

cept I think KK is mafia.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
nvm I was confused about Mentos's role. I thought whoever you targeted would become KKs target. It kinda messed up my whole thought process actually.

cept I think KK is mafia.
Nope, it's essentially let's say last night mafia tried to kill Karthik, jungle would have died or vice-versa. However, it has nothing to do with who gets the results, so once again KK has to be lying(about not getting a result at least.)

Smash Master
So basically on certain nights, you kill who goes to the same room as you or you kill who targets you?

and mentos, I don't see why you couldn't still be lying. Your role is pretty random and confusing but it seems like you can do w/e you want. Why would you care to inform the town about this?
I kill whoever visits me on alternate nights, whatever that means. I assume it means "enters the same room as." The problem is that the night I woke up covered in blood is different from the night I understood to be the 'werewolf' night.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I kill whoever visits me on alternate nights, whatever that means. I assume it means "enters the same room as." The problem is that the night I woke up covered in blood is different from the night I understood to be the 'werewolf' night.
I assume it means a PR who visits you. Because you said 'I kill whomever VISITS ME.'

Going in the same room as you is not the same as visiting you.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
the way i see it hando, mentos, tom, and yaya are all cleared while me, jungle, macman, karthik and 1048 aren't.

m3d mod told us hando is town.

m3d mod told us mentos is independent.

tom was daykill-attempted by omis because of imperio. going off of frozenflame's interaction with him and the fact that it's an unforgivable curse like the crucio that's most likely mafia-aligned crucio i'd say he's clear.

yaya is harry potter and nobody's counterclaimed. i think real potter would've by now. every townie that's flipped has been a "good guy" (except maybe sirius black? i forget but point stands regardless), so the trend likely continues with him. more importantly he's been roleblocked and unless this is some needlessly elaborate scheme to ensure yaya stays alive as mafia then he's ok.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
also how suspicious do people think me, jungle, karthik, macman, and 1048 are? i think one of them should be lynched toDay (but not me >: ( )

a lot of jungle's posts have been fluff. do you agree with my suspect pool?

whenever i think of macman's play in this game i immediately think he's been annoyingly vague with some fluff. supposedly had something important to say but decided against it? sure it's still not worth sharing?

1048 claimed he'd turn into a werewolf and that he was notified of blood being on his clothes yesterDay i think. i'm stuck on why he'd share this if he was mafia, making me think that it could be used to justify a nightkill sometime in the future if he's caught killing a townie. however does that outweigh him telling everybody "i probably killed a townie last night" yesterDay?

karthik i just can't take seriously.

i especially wanna know how suspicious these players supposedly are to each other and me because right now i'm convinced this is the right lynch pool.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
marshy, why'd you divide your first 2 posts like that and post them one after the other? Surely you didn't type the second one up in only a minute

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
So I wrote this up yesterday to help organize my thoughts, just things that happened game wise.
Events:

N0:
Superstar and Marshy in the girls bathroom, super claims to have seen someone open the thing to the chamber.
104 claims to find parseltoungue paper at Transfiguration library
Mediocre claims to have been crucioed
Mentos and Yaya see eachother through foe glass
Omis get’s townie result on Tomothy, not confirmed townie however because Omis was a naive cop
Tom and I go to Forbidden forest and are given the option to go further
KK claims to have investigated Niiro and found him townie

D1:
Superstar name claims harry and says he has no power role
Omis name claim Luna Lovegood
Yaya claims Harry Potter
Town no-lynches

N1:
Superstar gets turned to stone
ROW NIKEE and 104 claim to have gone to the DADA classroom and saw a foeglass with no one in it
Yaya claims to have been crucioed
Omis get’s townie result on yaya, not confirmed townie however because Omis was a naive cop
Tom saves Firenze in the forbidden forest and gets an extra vote
Niiro claims both Marshy and Superstar went into the chamber of secrets
frozenflame751 (Barty Crouch Jr, Mafia Janitor), killed
Handorin (Dumbledore, Town-aligned Doctor), killed

D2:
Time gets turned back; Handorin and Frozenflame are resurrected
Omis attempts to day kill Tom. He claims he was under imperious
Niiro Marauders Map:
KevinM, KK, Yaya: Hallways. Seems like yaya was roleblocked like he says he was.
Jungle: Maze
104 and Ronike: DADA classroom
Me and Tom: Forbidden Forest
Mentos: Astronomy Tower
Omis: Hogwarts Express
Handorin; Ravenclaw

What People Nameclaimed:
Mentos: R.A.B
Marshy: Neville Longbottom
Superstar and Smashman: Hermione
Jungle: McGonnall
Tom: Hagrid
Ronike: Moody
Macman: Snape =]]]]
KevinM: Dementor…
104: Lupin
KK: Rita Skeet Skeet

N2:
KK claims to have investigated Tomthur and got townie
104 claims to have gone to hagrids hut. He also claims that his power activated thought they should not have.
Omis (Luna Lovegood, Town-aligned Naive Cop), killed
Ronike (Mad-Eye Moody, Town-aligned Cop), killed
Niiro (replaces Mediocre) (Sirius Black, Town-aligned Tracker/Watcher/Vigilante), killed by Dementor
KevinM (Dementor, Independent Escaped Convict Hunter), killed Sirius Black and met victory condition.

D3:
Mentosman (Peeves, Independent Unlynchable Bulletproof Chaosmaker) is lynched

N3:
Yaya claims to have been crucioed
KK and Jungles night actions are switched
smashman90(Hermione Granger, Town-aligned Lover), killed
Superstar (Ronald Weasley, Town-aligned Lover), killed (lover aligned death)

any mistakes?

and KK i am also interested as to why you chose superstar and what you have to say about Mentos. Though I doubt you will satisfy me with your answer. Just telling you right now that I think you are mafia. I would vote now, but I want to save that for when I make my post detailing why I think the way I do.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Marshy, I agree with you on that likely being the right lynch pool. One thing I do find odd, however, is that Yaya is still alive. Knowing mafia has a role block, it would have been simple to go after him. I am seriously thinking that something happened and Hando may no longer be town aligned. There are a few reasons for this thought(and no, I'm not suggesting his lynch, these are just some thoughts I've had)

1. As I said, Yaya is still alive. The mafia has known Handorin was doc since d2 began after his death. This does not mean much I guess, but it is also possible Handorin got hit by some form of conversion ability and is keeping Yaya alive to appear to still be doc.

2. Do we have any other crucio claims from last night? If Handorin was town I see no reason for him to lie about being hit with it, but on the same token, I also have no reason to lie about it any more. Why would there be two roleblocks n2? The only way I could think of that doesn't involve Handorin being converted would be if the ability hadn't been able to affect me, and they were given a second choice. But it did, and it wouldn't make sense for them to get a second choice if their first target was unaffected.

3. If mafia DID have a conversion power(or as I'll get into next, perhaps cult), Hando would be a prime target after being mod-confirmed townie.

Now, mafia with a conversion role that doesn't involve the death of one of them seems very overpowered. This led me to think of a second possibility. What if there's a cult? Admittedly they've gotten lucky so far if that's the case in not having a death revealing them, but that seems a relatively reasonable possibility. Let me say why I think this.

Looking at the numbers, and assuming recruitment each night, the cult would now have four members. I was suspicious due to my name claim so when I claimed roleblocked and Hando, an all but confirmed townie countered, it almost guaranteed a lynch on me, a non cult member. If there had been a successful lynch yesterday, there would be 8 people left right now, and cult would have won at that point barring one getting killed at night.

Now, it is by no means the truth, and I find it somewhat of a stretch, but on the other hand Handorin had no reason to lie about being roleblocked if he is still town, and I can't see a mafia conversion role that doesn't involve the death of a mafia. Like I said, I'm not encouraging a lynch here based on this necessarily, but if we do have a cult, it's game over if we don't hit the leader today, so it's something we should consider today.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Well there was some random bandwagon started on me a a little bit before day 3 ended. Only supe and mentos were on it. Mentos had been confirmed an indy so I felt no need to investigate him. Supe I investigated but got no result from m3d. He just told me I where I went and that I found nothing. That is why I investigated Supe.

Smash Master
Marshy, I'm Remus Lupin. It makes sense that I'm town and can become a werewolf. Also, Ronike and I saw each other in the foe glass. Since he's town, he has no reason to cover for me if the foe glass revealed me to him.

Hando, that makes sense.

I'm really suspicious about KK, since we already have a confirmed cop and naive cop, and kis investigations the first three nights were useless.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
KK i dont know if you read the thread or not. But he voted for you because mentos said

EVERYONE BE LOLZ AND VOTE KK

or something stupid like that.

Smash Master
Wow, that's a pretty nasty spill I made. Yeah, I meant to type 'if Ronike and I saw each other...', then deleted the if to make for better phrasing, but forgot to adjust the subordinate clause.

Between the accidental kill and that enormous gaffe, I prolly cost town the game. Sorry guys.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I will be in attendance of Event 52. Don't expect a post until Mondayish.

But I will say that mentos has all the reasons to lie. There isnt a reason for him not to. I'm basically taking whatever he says with a grain of salt.

I have refuted my card flip accusations several times before, so I don't feel like doing it again. Just to add a sentence though, keeping me alive is an easy red hering to throw out there. Me being mafia is exactly what they would want you to think.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree that's probably exactly what they're doing Hando. But, the fact that we only had 1 kill last night implies the sk we at least seemed to have earlier in the game is gone, yet has never died. I know people may still consider me lying, but it's not like I'm claiming role-blocked to clear myself seeing as my alignment is known, so I still think your claim to have been blocked is odd. The fact that a successful lynch would have caused 8 people to be left and there would be 4 cult now gives good reason for a pretty much entirely cleared townie who was culted to lie about such a thing. It may be nothing, but I can't shake a feeling that we have a cult out there. I would like to hear other people's thoughts on this as well.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
vote: Omis unvote
vote: Ronike unvote
vote: Niiro unvote
vote: smashman90 unvote
vote: Superstar unvote

vote: Handorin unvote

vote: frozenflame unvote
vote: KevinM unvote

vote: mentosman8 unvote

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well first and foremost that comes to mind, our good friend Remus Lupin. werewolf=very possible cult role. But really, I haven't thought through that part yet, and I don't really think 104 is cult leader at the moment. Right now I want to see what people's opinions are on the possibility of a cult and we can work things out from there if people agree it's a legitimate concern. Tom, if you agree there may be a cult, vote/unvote me once, if not, vote/unvote twice(aka 1 beep for yes, 2 beeps for noXD)

Also, another thing I want to point out, unless we have two of the same sanity cops in this game, it is a clearer indication to everyone else(over how my role works, which we can prove with the fact that Junglefever got no results) that he has claimed an inno on everyone he investigated. With the knowledge from deaths, this means he must be naive or sane, both of which we have already had one die. If he were paranoid or insane, he would have gotten guilties on them. Just throwing out there that the repeated sanity type makes it more likely KK is lying.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I don't really think there is a cult in this game. There's just no one that would make sense for such a role. On the point of Remus Lupin, yes he was a werewolf, but he was also a member of the Order of Phoenix, a long with dumbledore, black and moody, who all turned up town. If they were communicating, they would most likely be a mason, not an independent cult.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree Jungle, that was just the first thought that hopped to my head when KK asked who would be leader, since I hadn't even thought about it. Really, I'm not even sure it's a viable theory, just from where I stand something seems amiss with Hando's roleblock claim the night I was blocked. Not sure what it is, and could have been a side-effect of the time-turner.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Just a thought I had while kinda browsing, but I'm tired and I have to wake up early for Day 2 of the tournament. =(

In the books, DEs/Voldy couldn't really touch Harry without being hurt themselves. It took Voldy being resurrected with HPs blood to be immune. Maybe some similar requirement is in this game.

Smash Master
Does anyone else see any reason KK should have taken so long to make his nameclaim. I mean, I know he's pretty aloof, but at some point it has to be a scumtell, right?

Top Bottom