• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Harry Potter And the Deathly Mafia - Peeves/Mafia WIN!

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
No, it's not, I said that. I just thought it was interesting that I've seen you online but you never saw that we were name claiming and room claiming. Your lack of participation and activity is setting us all back.

Anyway, Rita Skeeter is one of those characters that I thought could be thrown in as an indy. She doesn't necessarily work with he who must not be named but Harry and everyone else greatly dislike her as she exposes secrets.

Just my thoughts. What do people feel about this claim?

Yaya

Smash Champion
I don't like it all, I really don't like this claim.

Mentos or Karthik King today IMO.

We have Karthik's claim out of the blue, with a character that cannot really be considered a town, or mafia, which leaves an independant.

On the other side, we have Mentos, who I saw in the foeglass, claimed roleblock, and was counterclaimed by our resident doctor.

Hmm.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, so my thoughts on Hando claiming he was crucio'd as well last night. There are a few possibilities I can think of. First of all, look at this quote from smashman:

I was the one who used the time turner to bring back Dumbledore, but it also brought Frozenflame back as a result. I kinda saw that one coming as M3D mentioned about there being consequences. But I knew we could just lynch him again. I was more concerned about bringing the doc back than anything else.
Now, why would M3D mention consequences when it could have easily been used on a day like today when 3 townies were killed? It may very well be that the "consequences" spoken of were not that it could bring a maf back to life, but that someone who was returned would retain their role, but switch alignment when brought back to life. The fact that M3D specifically mentioned consequences when it could have easily been used on a day when a townie was lynched and two died at night makes me think there's something more than just "oh it brought frozenflame back." If this is the case, it is very possible that Handorin is trying to frame me knowing the town would be more inclined to believe him than me.

It is interesting to me because there is an obvious logical jump between roleblocking nobody and claiming to have been roleblocked and roleblocking somebody and claiming to have been roleblocked (producing conflicting results, like we have). If Mentosman is mafia, then there was either a failure of communication or they literally thought they would get away with roleblocking our trusted Dumbledore doctor and claiming roleblocked at the same time. See the missing logic there? Why would they do that?
This quote pretty much sums it up. From what we know so far, only one person can be hit by Crucio per night. If I was a part of the mafia, knowing I was under suspicion, for me to try to fake after hitting ANYONE is a ridiculously bad choice, none-the-less a pretty much cleared Dumbledore and trying to fake and gain trust beyond someone whose role had been revealed.

Now, the other possibility I see, is that using the time turner gave the mafia an extra use of their powers for the following day. This would explain why FF was taunting that there was more coming,(possibly a limited use ability that they would be able to use an extra time after X irl time.) and also would explain the "consequences" spoken of in, honestly, a very reasonable way.

Now, switching gears a bit(and if you have any other questions about my thoughts on the Crucio situation), KK's claim seems entirely unbelievable. We've had a real cop, and a naive cop die already. I can't see us having a 3rd cop unless we had 4 total, one of the remaining paranoid and the other insane. Either of these don't work given his investigations. Not only that but it is very convenient that he investigated one dead person, one investigated/pretty much proven townie, and "forgot" to send his actions in the other night. Altogether it just doesn't fit in any way, barring Hagrid not actually being in the game and Sirius being a miller, and him being insane.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
actually nvm, cuz if i'm wrong i wouldn't forgive myself for being fooled by KK.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not necessarily, in fact that there WERE two cops gives more reason for a mafia to do it. Games with multiple cops(especially a sanity variation) not uncommonly have up to 4, so to make such a claim after the cop deaths would not only be reasonable, but given the proper play could allow for a fellow mafia to claim the same with the remaining sanity and possibly gain themselves some trust by doing so.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I really would like marshy to post more often.

and mentos vs handorin. I'm sorry, though you theories are plausible, they are just to "out there". Also you can't really expect me to believe you over are basically proven doc. Also I don't like the fact that you brought up one of meltedice's posts. What he said day 2 should not play a part in our conversation right now.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Fanantastic argument.

KK read thru the thread please. I want to hear your thoughts on peoples name claims and other happenings.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mac, I'm assuming you're referring to my comment about him suggesting something else might happen. I merely used that comment because it fits with a theory I have. Regardless of if we take anything he said with value, he said things that had some truth, and given the theory I was presenting it did have relevance, regardless if it truly meant anything or not.

As for not believing me over Hando, I pretty much said that exact same thing in my post, that Hando's claim is obviously more trustworthy to town than mine, and I fully expect no one to believe me over him and that I will probably be lynched by the end of the day. All I'm trying to point out right now, is it was clearly stated in smashman's role from what he said that the time-turner had consequences. Given that he could have used it on a day a townie was lynched and the maf and sk hit townies, there has to be something outside of bringing the maf back that makes up those consequences. Whether you believe me or not, something happened because of the time-turner that explains us both claiming roleblocked. Of course, there's alway the third option of Hando trying to get me lynched because he feels I am not town and has the ability to use the situation to get me lynched.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have a question I'd like to pose.

Why shouldn't we lynch 1048576?
Assuming this is posed to everyone, I would say due to the fact that he is a character(claimed) that would be extremely reasonable to put in the game. On the other hand, I could see a potential cult and or sk role attached to it, so I'm not sure one way or the other, although I would lean toward it being a bad idea atm.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
104. Remus Lupin seems liek a character that should be in this game. He might be a 1 bullet vig, seeing as he's a werewolf.

Skeeter and R.A.B. right now seem like the most viable suspects right now.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Now, why would M3D mention consequences when it could have easily been used on a day like today when 3 townies were killed? It may very well be that the "consequences" spoken of were not that it could bring a maf back to life, but that someone who was returned would retain their role, but switch alignment when brought back to life. The fact that M3D specifically mentioned consequences when it could have easily been used on a day when a townie was lynched and two died at night makes me think there's something more than just "oh it brought frozenflame back." If this is the case, it is very possible that Handorin is trying to frame me knowing the town would be more inclined to believe him than me.
First off, the fact that you quoted me (especially on the day where I posted nothing but crappy posts)just lost all credibility in that post. Secondly, I know what the consequences (M3D told me all of them) are and that ain't one of them. Thirdly, it's a **** time turner, why in god's name would it switch roles? It doesn't switch souls or anything, plus it would break the rules of the game if it did. FYI, I did not mention all of the consequences of the time turner as I wasn't sure if that would've been a good idea or not. And that first part doesn't make sense. I'm starting to think you're just trying to cover your own ***.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Smashman, the fact that you gave no inclination that you even knew the consequences allowed me to speculate on them. On top of that, I'm trying to think of ways its possible that both me and Hando got hit with Crucio. I honestly don't know how it happened, or why Hando would lie about it, something is wrong here and I know I was roleblocked

Superstar

Smash Champion
Is it normal that, if you haven't played Mafia in a year and you restarted with a bunch of very unfamiliar faces, that your scum radar is rusted down and completely useless. I'm all =/ on reads.

And I must be skimming, I did not catch the cruciod twice part. So I went back, saw it, and 0.o instantly.

Wow.

Also
KK said:
Night 0 i found niiro to be town. (useless now)

Night 1 I forgot to send in who i investigated
Claims he investigated a dead townie, and he forgot to investigate another person. Wow, classic.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
And Tom, who had already been investigated.

I don't see the other two people really being the issue since he wouldn't have known who omis or Ronike investigated, but I found it weird he investigated Tom last night when Omis told us he investigated Tom already. It just doesn't seem right.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
at the same time, its hard to call it a scumtell when it is something you think Karthik_king might have actually done. :lick:

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I feel like with Karthik I just sit with my thumb in my *** cuz he doesn't care about the game and is only active like 3 seconds before we start lynching him in every game.

Especially with a claim like Rita? What do other people think about this claim?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
its suspicious, imo not as suspicious as Mentos, RAB, the double crucio claim, and the foeglass.

i would like to hear from marshy and numbers today

-Chad-

Slackerator
First off, the fact that you quoted me (especially on the day where I posted nothing but crappy posts)just lost all credibility in that post. Secondly, I know what the consequences (M3D told me all of them) are and that ain't one of them. Thirdly, it's a **** time turner, why in god's name would it switch roles? It doesn't switch souls or anything, plus it would break the rules of the game if it did. FYI, I did not mention all of the consequences of the time turner as I wasn't sure if that would've been a good idea or not. And that first part doesn't make sense. I'm starting to think you're just trying to cover your own ***.
What he said. I'm still me. All the time turner does is send us back in time. I've said this before.

The only other semi viable option I can think of is an independent using the crucio as well.

It's also really freaken weird for KK to claim cop, but it's kinda believable since we had the other 2 cops and a watcher/tracker/vig role. I just he posted more than 5 words per post. -_-

And I hate playing smash all day, then coming back and having to read 2 pages LOL

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i'm stuck on why either of them would lie about the crucio claim. if mentos was mafia he would probably know that hando would be the one roleblocked leading me to ask why he'd try and clear himself when he'd have reason to expect a counterclaim? hando has no reason to lie and mafia had good reason to block him meaning a miscommunication seems possible.

at the same time though i don't get why mafia would even want to roleblock mentos in the first place. yesterDay mentos had like 8 or 9 of the 14 (frozenflame was a spectator pretty much) other players put him on their list of most wanted nameclaims. meanwhile claimed cop, doc, and harry potter were out there in the open making the whole thing messy.

karthik as rita skeeter doesn't mean he has to be a character that "cannot really be considered town, or mafia, which leaves an independent". i remember her being a liar in the books and more importantly we have a reliable cop throwing a wrench into things. he can't be paranoid considering the supposed "innocent" results and he can't be insane since he was "right" on niiro meaning he either has reliable results or another naive if he's telling the truth.

as for why we shouldn't lynch 1048 i don't see what he's done that's lynchworthy

Superstar

Smash Champion
Only a few of us are left.

Remember if we're close to Lylo Mafia, especially a Godfather to prevent nasty vig gimp, can try to raise suspicion on someone else and make themselves look innocent.

Right now I'm getting the feeling on Karthik King. Like Marshy said, has to be naive or sane. That's once you peel away the flavor [Skeeter was the one who took over Hogwarts...right]? Been under the radar, epic skimming, investigated a town that died recently and got the correct result and forgot to investigate the next night [If I recall, mafia claimed cops often pull the "I forgot to investigate" crap].

Top Bottom