• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Alright, ANY spoilers for this book posted without spoiler tags (The blackout) after this will net you a two week temp ban. Seriously guys, the spoiler tags are there, use them and don't be an *******.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
A few of my friends are going to the midnight thing, I'm not because it's not ****ing worth it. After the Snape Kills Dumbledore! stuff, it's going to be a huge trend now to spoil it. Besides, at midnight i'm going to bed, not reading.

I'll just get it first thing in the morning.

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
It would appear that the PDF file, the hacker and other various "leaks" have been invalidated by what appears to be photographs of each and every page of HP7. They definately look legit. If you're feeling like reading the small, poor quality text early I'm sure you could find it on many torrent sites. Or if you're looking to be an ******* at a midnight party, then you can probably find recaps of the photos and spoil it for everyone.

All things considered, terrible job keeping things under wrap.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
$PITE, could I get a link to those scans?

EDIT:

Nevermind, here they are:

http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20673261

It actually links to a forum, that has HUGE spoilers, but they are all tagged. All I looked at is the T.O.C, and this is definetly real.

ONLY CLICK ON THE LINK IF YOU ARE PREPARED TO POSSIBLY BE SPOILED.

There was nothing there that wasn't tagged that I saw, but I'm not guarenteeing anything.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
****it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone just ****ing showed a vid (uploaded today) the title was Leeroy jenkins Remix, and it showed a WoW scene. At first it was playing Rick Astley and I thought "Hm rick Rolled" and as I watched, it began to post page numbers and spoilers!!! *cries* I hope it's all fake because I saw some stuff in there that I really would've preferred to read myself...

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
3 days left. I have my methods planned to the T.

The rest of this week I am laying as low as possible. Anyone who even hints at a spoiler on AIM will be blocked, and I'll find revenge. Anyone posting spoilers on here will be banned. The real issue is people shouting spoilers when I go pick it up.

I am so ****ing tense at this point.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I'm right with you Crimson... I actually used earplugs last time just so you know ;)

But man... I hope that video was fake... I saw things I wish I could burn out of my mind until the book is out :'(

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the heads up Gerbil, That would have ruined me.

I know I said I was going to stay away, but I can't. I think I'll take your advice about the ear plugs. Can't be a bad idea.

I'm right with you their CK. Um... How early are you planning on going to the release? I was thinking like and hour and a half or two. I don't want it to be ruined though, I hope the management will kick anyone out who ruins the book.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I am going either at 1 am, or 8:30. Going to early before would be suicidal for spoilers.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I'm doing this with Booksamillion, and they sell these little voucher things anytime before midnight. So what I do is, I buy the voucher today, and walk in midnight tomorrow, hand them the voucher, and then I walk right back out. No line, no waiting, no nothing :D because everyone who wants the book has to buy the voucher. Then you just redeem it. Be careful not to lose it though!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
So they will be open later, tomorrow night?

I bought this voucher months ago and I want to make sure I can walk in at Midnight, then right out without worry.

EDIT: SWEET! I called Books a Million, they will stay open until everyone has a voucher. I am leaving here about 11 and getting there around 11:30/11:45. Then a short wait until the book is MINE! I have avoid spoilers safely. Only one banning due to an attempt on them (But it's Toecutter and no one really cares or even could pretend he's a decent poster).

Woo hoo, I will finally read a book and NOT know the ending! With that said, I won't be on SWF until I am done. See ya Sunday morning.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
ARRRGGGHHHHH.

I still have 100 pages left in OotP, and 650 in HBP.

I don't think I'm going to be able to make it...
I guess I'll just have to post-pone reading DH for a day. :(

(I'm still going to try to finish in time though!)

Sandy

Smash Champion
Whether or not you get things "spoiled" to you, doesn't matter. If you're an actual fan, you will take whatever spoilers are thrown at you and hold stead fast that the final decision and word will have to come from your own head when you read it yourself. People can tell you on here lots of things that may spoil the book. But you don't have to believe it because there is always an open window for speculation. So for those of you worried about being spoiled, relax. There are too many out there already for you to be forced to take one seriously.
If anything, this will raise book sales. Because people need to just see it for themselves.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
No, just no. If one person even gives the slightest hint to me what's going to happen in the final book, I will lay some sort of Egyptian curse on him. I dont know how exactly, but you can bet it'll happen.

My friend ruined the Half Blood Prince for me. (since I was too cheap to buy a book and borrowed his) He told me all this stuff, some true and some not, which made me completely paranoid the whole time reading it. It was terrible how I wanted some things to not happen and how I wanted other events to happen throughout the whole book just so my friend would be wrong so the ending wouldn't be spoiled. Ugh. That's no way to read a book. Good thing I'm not like him or I'd purposefully skip to the last chapter, go to his house, and tell him everything.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
commonyoshi is right: spoilers (even fake ones) make reading Harry Potter less enjoyable. I don't know why you would say it would raise book sales, that doesn't make the slightest bit of sense.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'm right with you Crimson... I actually used earplugs last time just so you know ;)

But man... I hope that video was fake... I saw things I wish I could burn out of my mind until the book is out :'(
Was it any of the following?

Snape dies killing voldemort

Belletrix kills Ron

Because I have encountered them, and they are proven to be false.

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
Was it any of the following?

Snape dies killing voldemort

Belletrix kills Ron

Because I have encountered them, and they are proven to be false.
Note: Potential HP7 spoilers for Gerbil

No, those aren't them. They look to be the ones from the digital photos, which are almost certainly real. Sucks to be Gerbil.

Oh, and why did you watch it all Gerbil? As soon as I would have seen them, I would have turned it off (should I be a big Potter fan).

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Alright, I only have 500 pages left in HBP, I'll read 'till around 1 or 2 tonight, and finish the 150-300 pages more tom.

I cannot WAIT to get my hands on DH. Everybody that's read it so far (on the internet) says it is by far their favorite, it's great, but the Epilouge sucks.

They say it sucks REALLY bad, like it's cheesy and predictable and bad writing.

I don't care so much about that, so long as the main story ends well.

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
I'm getting mine at hastings. We had to buy a card for 5$, and then pay the rest at pick up. I'm not sure how long that will take. Hopefully not too long.

So I saw the books wrapped up in the back where I work. They are wrapped in black plastic wrap. They look pretty thick, I'm so freakin happy.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Those wern't them. And I did close the video once I realized what I was reading, because you couldn't tell what it was at all at first, not until it started listing page #s >.>

The ones I saw; and seriously, do not highlight it for potential spoilers, this is fair warning:

Fred Weasley died. Hedwig died. Draco has a son, and the ending is sometime 19 years later.

Those were the only ones I can remember, but there were dozens more, and I hope to "forget" those ones >.< I can only hope they are fake.

And yes, sucks to be me sometimes lol.

EDIT: Big news. Avoid the papers, especially New York Times. I was reading on MSNBC, some papers got a hold of the book legally through stores selling it early, and decided to post giant reviews and give out major plotlines and etc. So as a friend to you guys, avoid looking in any sort of book review stuff, because it is now "legally" being sold. (i.e. the stores didn't give a rats *** when they sold them, so sell they did... *******s)

EDIT AGAIN: I usually frequent Collegehumor.com.... don't do it until your done with the book. On the first comment on some of the pictures, it reads "Oh man I don't know why I am doing this..." and proceeds to attempt to list spoilers. Good thing the first one he mentioned was one I had already heard about and been proven false, but the point is. Be careful.

Again, just me trying to be the helpful "Avoid this place" kinda guy ^.^

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
The NY Times doesn't spoil much at all. They got an early copy and reviewed it, how they did so is beyond me. The online photo leaks have also been verified to be real, so their prevalence or discussion on websites could become more common, so take note to avoid websites you wouldn't trust.

Sandy

Smash Champion
I got off work at 11:30 PM last night so I decided to go to Wally World and wait in line. I got my book at 12:20 AM and promptly left. Nobody was shouting spoilers, suprisingly.

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
I got home with my book at around one in the morning. I just finished about 20 minutes ago (8 am).

I really liked it though it was ridiculous
how many ****ing people she killed. What the hell?

Also, I was completely right about
Neville becoming Herbology professor.

Guys, don't ruin anything for the people who haven't finished it yet. If you want to discuss it, use spoiler tags. Make sure to check your post after posting in case something
like this happens
I'll post more thoughts later, but I've got to think it all through still.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
So this is related to harry potter and the deathly hallows. I work at walmart. We'll I dressed up as harry potter and chilled wit all the fans waiting for the book and I handed those house bands and i took a bunch of pictures with people. Like 300 people showed it up it madness! hahaha. And i bought the book :'(

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
Just finished reading the book from start to finish. I won't spoil anything for those who haven't read it yet, but suffice to say that it was an absolutely brilliant read and I would recommend it to anyone!

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Wow already guys??? I am only on Chapter 19 (Granted I've been around the house doing work and stuff)

Most likely I will finish by the end of tomorrow. :D

Hax

Smash Champion
i just started sorcerer's stone. i read so slowly, LOL... wish me luck. :laugh:

Ronike

Smash Ace
Got the book @ one am my time, finished about 8 am, which was about an hour after I was supposed to work. Obviously I called in sick. Anyways, good book, just like the rest of 'em, but Im so sad its over now...

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I read the plot summary on Wikipedia, since I already have 6 books I need to read before even touching the Potter series (I haven't read a single one yet). It seemed like a good ending.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Just finished it ^.^ I'll wait a few days before posting my thoughts, but I enjoyed it greatly, and I was right about a lot of things that went on. Go me ^.^

Of course, i am quite pissed about:

That video i was shown, was 100% true... every bit of spoiler they showed, was true. *******s.

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
All I can say is that it was Amazing. The best book in my opinion, by a landslide. I'm so sad it is over though.

We were right on the money with the horcuxes, and it worked out with Harry being one.
I really didn't want Snape to die, that really sucked. She made up for it though when she named Harry and Ginny's second son, Albus Severus Potter. I thought it was a nice touch.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Reacting to Peach and the book in general. Dont read this if you havent read the book

Yeah, I agree about the naming, though my mom hates it, but she's always hated Snape. About Snape's death though, I was real disappointed. I was hoping far more that Snape would show his betrayal and that he and Voldy would have a duel to the finish. Same with Voldemort. Lotta talking, but eventually it was just a rebounded speell. But alas. But man, so many deaths, and a lot right off the bat too! I also find it amusing that mugglenet's book of prediction's had quite a few of the people dieing with low odds of it. Dobby was 100/1 and Fred wasnt to die if George didn't. Well, at least she set it up nice like for fanfics later, or the doubtful sequels. Personally, Im hoping for a prequel telling the stories of Lily and the Marauders.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Darn good book. I didn't understand some parts, but maybe it'll be discussed here before long.

A lot of people died though. It's not that I dont like death, but what the heck was wrong with her? Dobby? George? (or was it Fred? I seriously dont remember.) I wanted Hermione and Ron to die. Bah, humbug.

And what was that whole nonsense we had to hear about Lilly's and Harry's green eyes for the past six books? I'm thinking green was for Slytherin, but I dont know what to think after that.

Edit: Epilouge sucked.

Anyone know if Rowling said which character she had intended to kill off but saved, and the two characters that were supposed to live but ended up dieing in the last draft? I'm curious as to if
Colin Creevy's death was as completely random and tacked on as I suspect it to be. Honestly... COLIN FREAKING CREEVY! What the heck? We hadn't seen that guy since the second book and there he goes off dieing. (Shame, because I liked him.)

Skywalker

Space Jump
Apparently a publishing machine arranged the thin, paper cover (with artwork) so that the flaps were stuck a few pages away before the ending. I have OCD, I tried to put the flaps where they belong, but accidently read
HE WAS ALIVE
, which was in ALL CAPS.

Very dumb mistake.

I haven't read a single page of Hallows, incidentally.

Ronike

Smash Ace
The characters in that interview were perhaps:
Tonks and Remus died, while George survived Im guessing.

Top Bottom