• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Happy Mask Salesman's Happy Picture and Texture Shop! (undergoing changes)

Bandit

Smash Lord
I've been to the texture database thread there, but they only tell you how to install pre-made ones.

I just want to make my own.

-----

Edit:

I got all I need now from another player. Thanks though!

:bandit:

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
*Phoenix Down Revival* because this thread is <3

So bandit you're all sorted now with texture making? Do you need any tips on Zelda's pac file because it can be a pain to handle at times.

Jiggs that costume looks a little hard to do - and I wanna work on comic book type characters for now I guess. If no one else does it I might give it a good shot.

I've got photoshop CS4 now which is pretty exciting for me!

Bandit

Smash Lord
*Phoenix Down Revival* because this thread is <3

So bandit you're all sorted now with texture making? Do you need any tips on Zelda's pac file because it can be a pain to handle at times.

Jiggs that costume looks a little hard to do - and I wanna work on comic book type characters for now I guess. If no one else does it I might give it a good shot.

I've got photoshop CS4 now which is pretty exciting for me!
Ever since I got setup, I have not had the time to work on any textures (of course). I'll take any tips you can give though.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Kata, do you have a download link for your Egyptain girl D: I really want her so back >.<

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I bring... snapshots!

^Currently my favorite Zelda picture ever. I have wallpaper'd this, icon'd this, and even banner'd this. <3

Purple stuff is from a Zelda psa hack known as 'Echo Blade' Zelda. That also applies to the Zelda in the first pic's pose, as it's one of her taunts with this psa hack.

Two of my favorite Zelda textures, back to back. Light and Shadow.

Kat's "Unicorn" Zelda. This stage replaces the online training room and is the subspace stage where you fight Lucario.

I hope you guys enjoyed! More to come ^^

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Elegant Rose Zelda is sexy. Silver just adds a better flow to it. Makes her look even more pretty than what she already is.

I'M STILL WAITING FOR MY CHUN-LI ZELDA!!!
:urg::(:urg::(:urg::(

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
god this is my favourite thread. I PROMISE to get into texture making once I finish my degree because there are so many cool ideas... chun li will be a priority but this will have to take place sometime after dissertation period. I'm presuming everyone's doing their exams (finals?) or ending terms and stuff... once this is over for me hopefully this thread can really pick up amongst many others.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Thanks guys!

And I always thought there should be some recolors of the Elegant Rose texture...or maybe even a version without the jewels on her dress. Texture hackers have come so far... I mean, have you seen this?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
mocha I'm trying to work out if there is vertex hacking here? I think it could certainly be the appearance of the fringe and a rework of the eyes to make her look this **** cool!

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
You know, Kat, I've been wondering that myself. I mean, she looks so different from Zelda, that it does make you think it's a vertex hack. I'm no texture expert but it looks like the texture maker removed her tiara and jewels and as for her bangs, I can't tell if it's painted on there or not. Either way, this def took up my blue texture xD

Also the lower end of her hair was removed, but there's still a barely noticable hole at the bottom

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
Yes, it was a Vertex Hacks, it's getting very used at this moment, thought you guys already knew about this o_O Thought Zelda's not too popular, so just a few about her around, thought, there are way more, but most of 'em are with Big Enhanced Breasts and stuff:

A real Tifa lol

Angewomon

Farore Zelda

Short Haired

Long Haired

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
@Jigz, there's one on the OP
And like two on kittycorp
not elegant rose, i meant Rose from SF.
Thanks guys!

And I always thought there should be some recolors of the Elegant Rose texture...or maybe even a version without the jewels on her dress. Texture hackers have come so far... I mean, have you seen this?
it looks like they just warped the tiara into bangs. i really like this one cause it doesn't look anything like Zelda.
Yes, it was a Vertex Hacks, it's getting very used at this moment, thought you guys already knew about this o_O Thought Zelda's not too popular, so just a few about her around, thought, there are way more, but most of 'em are with Big Enhanced Breasts and stuff:

A real Tifa lol

Angewomon

Short Haired

Long Haired

@tifa
juggies anyone? reminds me of sheik w/ boobs

@angewoman
i would get this one, i'd turn on smashballs just for it

@short hair
meh, looks akward

@longhair
so thats where Zeldas sword has been hiding

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Scarlet Seduction

Wesker's red rogue arrives on the scene of her next covert mission.

She prowls the area with feline grace.

The temptress knows time is of the essence moving swiftly, but quietly.

Those bold and unfortunate enough to confront this woman..

..are met with fatal force.

My third and newest texture is Ada Wong from the Resident evil series. It's been a while since I've made anything so I thought I would bring this one out. Here's a base image I used to create it if you guys want to make comparisons: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090413190634/residentevil/images/1/10/Ada1.jpg

I hope you guys like it. I know I'm not that great of a texture maker, but I like to think I at least bring interesting ideas for a texture in at least.

Enjoy! ~ <-Download

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
@tifa
juggies anyone? reminds me of sheik w/ boobs
I thought there was something different in her...

Also, I like your sig.

My third and newest texture is Ada Wong from the Resident evil series.
Nice texture! I'll update it to the the second post.

-

Edit:
Texture pictures
Do you have a download link for this? I'd like to include it to the collection too.

-

Edit2:
HSS before these (Egyptian Zelda pictures) go in the OP I'm going to whip up one of my trademark artsy fartsy thingies I do for all the textures I've made lol because I'm weird like that.
Are you still going to do this? The texture database is still lacking a picture of your Egyptian Zelda texture.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Also, I like your sig.
thanks, it was my first try at making a sig lol
so if i upload her all of Zeldas colors will tweak to look like her right?

..are met with fatal force.
My third and newest texture is Ada Wong from the Resident evil series. It's been a while since I've made anything so I thought I would bring this one out. Here's a base image I used to create it if you guys want to make comparisons: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090413190634/residentevil/images/1/10/Ada1.jpg

I hope you guys like it. I know I'm not that great of a texture maker, but I like to think I at least bring interesting ideas for a texture in at least.

Enjoy! ~ <-Download
she does look interesting, although what happened to her arms? they look like sleeves

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
so if i upload her all of Zeldas colors will tweak to look like her right?
You will get the pac and the pcs files, and it will replace one costume color you choose. So if you want to replace her blue one for example, that's all it will replace. It will not affect her other costumes unless you add in the FitZeldaMotion file, which I think might replace her hair for all her costumes. As long as you upload the pc and pcs file, you should be fine and get one texture for the costume you choose.

Wow did this make sense? xD

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
You will get the pac and the pcs files, and it will replace one costume color you choose. So if you want to replace her blue one for example, that's all it will replace. It will not affect her other costumes unless you add in the FitZeldaMotion file, which I think might replace her hair for all her costumes. As long as you upload the pc and pcs file, you should be fine and get one texture for the costume you choose.

Wow did this make sense? xD
so in other words i can get shinoa's colors on regular Zelda. but if i want her to look like she does in the picture i have to have the motion file, which will give all the other Zelda's that look.

also...

Zelda w/ bigger breast is just odd, on some textures like Sheena from ToS its fine, but on her regular self it just looks odd to me.

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
Shanoa's .PAC and .PSC's got the model in them,, the Motion is to add a sightly longer hair than the edited .PAC and .PSC have, not sure why he did it that way, it's really not needed, he could've edited the .PSC and .PAC itself again

About the motion affecting the rest, I'm not sure, but I haven't noticed if it does.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Just use the .pac and pcs file that comes with the download and replace the texture color you want as if using a regular texture. As Wolfric said, the FitZeldaMotion only changes her hair, so it's not really neccessary and using it will affect her default costumes. So just the .pac and .pcs file and it should change the one costume color you choose

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
halfsplit I will do an egyptian picture thing! also, if we get more textures, we could try and get thumbnails of the pics that link to the bigger to ones. I'm not too sure how to do this..

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, shamelessly bumping an old thread of mine... except for a reason this time.

Instead of big pictures the texture database now has smaller thumbnail images. Clicking any of them will open up a bigger image of the texture in guestion. I'll also try to make the formatting look better as soon as I figure out how to create separate text boxes inside one post without using HTML.
(if only I were a mod...)
But for now, feel free to tell me what you think about the current size of the thumbnails.

The first post (picture and story database) will also get updated at some point, probably sometime after Wednesday. I'm trying to finally add the fanart section, make the Picture Hall of Fame look less awful (so that you won't want to rip out your eyes when seeing it anymore) and maybe enhance the story section some way too.

Finally @Kata: Do you still plan on making the guide on how make textures? It still reads that's under construction in the OP... Also, I'm still waiting for you to make that Egyptian Zelda compilation picture too.
/nagging

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
That's settled then - Half-split can only now be referred to as vice president Half-split.

About the tables thing - I don't know if mods have HTML privileges. The thumbnails look really good - also my egyptian themed picture remix will come after my finale exam which is on Monday. Probably not exactly Monday because of celebrationzzz.

I'll be getting back into texture making. Possibly even vertex-hacking.

i love u

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Big problem - the bin to jpeg converter and link provided no longer works. Does anyone have an alternative link, or method of converting bin files to other formats?

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
im liking the organization so far
Thanks, I'll try to work some more with it soon.

Big problem - the bin to jpeg converter and link provided no longer works. Does anyone have an alternative link, or method of converting bin files to other formats?
Thanks for telling, I updated the guide with a download link for a program which should be able to handle the task. I also scanned the program with two different anti-malware/anti-virus programs and found nothing, so it should be safe too. In case somebody prefers an online converter, the guide also links to brawlsnapshots.com now.

That's settled then - Half-split can only now be referred to as vice president Half-split.

Kataefi said:
About the tables thing - I don't know if mods have HTML privileges.
Well yeah, that was more of a joke than a serious comment anyway. Oh well, I'll see if I can come up with something...

Kataefi said:
i love u
I love u 2.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*

Here is the cleopatra showcase thingy that you can link to the OP!

My next texture is Chun Li... this is going really slowly =( Prototype numero uno looks like this:-

But I haven't worked on it since... this is just a quick sketchy version. Next step is to put in all the fine details and get the colours actually right lol. AND... does any konw how to vertex hack? Because I really wanna put the white bun things in her hair but it looks really hard.

Oh. I'm currently making a guide on zelda's pac. It should be finished soon!

Top Bottom