• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hanenbow's ban is unjustified.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Sounds like Hanenbow allows for a unique kind of running away. Not the circle running thing, the type of thing that vaguely reminds me of Onett in Melee and how Fox was able to run around the stage without being caught as well as being able to abuse the stage.

It would really help if there was a serious singles match played here because all that exists are old doubles matches from 2008.

Akaku94

Smash Journeyman
Hanenbow has been banned basically since the beginning, so there probably aren't any good matches there on tape...

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I think a lot of us can agree that huge stage + a plethora of platforms or whatever around the stage is just not good, and lends itself to an abusable degree of camping. It's not like Japes where there's really only a few platforms near the bottom.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Why do we say that Hanenbow is a bad stage, instead of saying that Snake is a bad character for getting camped?
Extend that list to more characters than Snake.

I mean if you take the individualized approach at characters and judging them that way, you still end up with "Well looks like MK Wario G&W etc aren't that bad, while everyone else sucks ****"

AKA, good game Hanenbow go back to the treasure chest of banned stages.

Temple and New Pork City would like to have a word with you.
And what's Hanenbow got in common with those stages?

Oh yeah. Those stages are banned too. Dang, I wonder if it's cause... people can run really well on them?!?

I think a lot of us can agree that huge stage + a plethora of platforms or whatever around the stage is just not good, and lends itself to an abusable degree of camping. It's not like Japes where there's really only a few platforms near the bottom.
Exactly. It doesn't even need to be a "huge" stage, but the more breaks in ground coverage and the greater the vertical distance between things, the more of a problem you will likely have. Having platforms and being large is one thing, but having platforms/areas that you HAVE to jump from to reach the next place... that's what's incredibly limiting for a large portion of the cast.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
It would really help if there was a serious singles match played here because all that exists are old doubles matches from 2008.
Hanenbow has been banned basically since the beginning, so there probably aren't any good matches there on tape...
And that is why some tournaments should categorize it as a counterpick to aid with the legalisation process. As I said in the Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 thread, it's also another reason SSB4 should not ban all stages (unless they obviously change the gameplay) for a long time (6 months-2 years.)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Nope

Keep it banned because you don't need to waste time on it

GG

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Well I think I exaggerated. Maybe some people can be nice enough to have friendly matches on Hanenbow and provide us with videos.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Alright. I'll get Gnes to play me on this for instructional purposes.

Tesh

Smash Hero
nah, then we will just say gnes is a smart player but he is horrible at Hanenbow. you can not win an argument here.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
nah, then we will just say gnes is a smart player but he is horrible at Hanenbow. you can not win an argument here.
True facts.
On one side it's "You're not good enough to abuse the stage"
On the other it's "You're not good enough to prevent the abuse"

MechaWave

Smash Champion
It'd still give you guys something to look at.

Next time we need to keep these stages legal, else no one will play on these types of stages and we'll have no evidence but bias to the people that offer.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I used to really like this stage as Ness back before I took the game seriously. (It kind of helped that all my friends hated it and couldn't play the map lol)

Really though, it would be a waste of time to consider Hanebow for competitive play. It's so different from all the currently legal stages that it really does not fit in. Also the structure on it is odd, and I don't think it's the right stage for a tournament setting. All of the sudden players cannot dacus, chain grab, or do their usual tactics. Then it turns into: Falco hits Gannon with a short hop double laser and runs away the whole game winning the match giving a total of 5% damage!! I really don't see this stage as valuable for competitive play. However, I would be willing to play friendlies with my crew sometime for lolz...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It'd still give you guys something to look at.

Next time we need to keep these stages legal, else no one will play on these types of stages and we'll have no evidence but bias to the people that offer.
I mean if a stage is blatant enough, you can look at it and "know" bad **** will happen.

Hyrule Temple was banned before any tournament matches on it iirc because of it's status in Melee. Could it have been different? Sure. But looking at the stage, it's instantly obvious people will have a problem.

Hanenbow has been played on quite a bit though. Not in 08 tournaments, but it's happened. Everything then AND now suggests it's a bad stage. Case Closed

juiey2

Smash Cadet
yeah it makes a lot of sense, just because you can lift a platform up, the stage is banned -.-
halberd have cannons that kill you at 50% and hanenbow doesen't kill you at all -.-
for god sake -.-

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
yeah it makes a lot of sense, just because you can lift a platform up, the stage is banned -.-
halberd have cannons that kill you at 50% and hanenbow doesen't kill you at all -.-
for god sake -.-
holy christ, if you seriously get killed by the cannons at 50% you must be pretty horrendous at this game

Top Bottom