• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
i'm down for a clan match.
btw when the maps come out tomorrow any one want to help me make my galactic battle map on avalanch. it will consist of 2 leviathans in the air with stationary tanks(main guns) a hanger, some other stuf i can't remember off the top of my head. a battle wil happen on the ground as forces advance to the enemy's ship and after about 60-120 seconds the gravlift will appear leading to the enemy's ship. the bases will be important because they contain powerfull weapons such as missle pods spartan lasers and a few sniper weapons. i want the map to emphise multi front stratagies because controll of the bases ground and ships are all important. what do you think of the concept and want to help?

nice job becoming a moderator alt,

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, ****! That's right, the map pack is out tomorrow, huh? I really hope MLG adds blackout to their gametypes. It should replace Narrows, imo.

And thanks, Blazer!

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Can't wait for tomorrow. I'll likely be forging for a couple hours first, but then I'll be down to play the maps.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Oh, ****! That's right, the map pack is out tomorrow, huh? I really hope MLG adds blackout to their gametypes. It should replace Narrows, imo.

And thanks, Blazer!
<_< Come on now Alt!

Anyone knows that MLG will now revolve around Blackout MORE THAN anything.

Uh, Smashman, how about you post the gamertags of TEam Smashboards' opponents?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

smashman90

Smash Lord
Well, I got the ok from them, saying that it is alright to play against them. I don't know who all will be on their team, but I know some of the usual people there. It won't always be all of these guys though, but here's some of them:

1.Guardian Hunter

2. AgateElite

3. Vic28

4.Cocoa44720

5. DanTheMan8987

6. PapaJohn0

7. WhiffleBallTony

8. QuickstrikePr0

There's a few more that I'll add later. Chances are that we will play on some of the new legendary maps. Btw, Blazer do I have your GT? I don't think I do, what is it again? Let's see, so far we got:

1. Myself
2. Mas
3. Blazer
4. XZero BeatX(I think)
5. Legolastom

Is there anybody else that's interested?

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Um, Smashman? I hope these are not the players we'll be against(I don't think it'd be fair on them lol, they seem new to Halo, if you catch my drift?). That's right! WE'll. I got the Xbox back. I'll be on tomorrow from 3:50 pm till idk? I'll be on for some time though. Eastern time.

GT : xZero Beatx

smashman90

Smash Lord
*applaudes*

Congrats on getting your Xbox man. But trust me, they're better than what they seem to be. Although there usually is a bit of lag in all of the clan matches, so just a heads up. Heck, some of those guys got to play against the Bungie team.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Bungie suck though lol.

Just saying, stats show their progress, and it isn't very promising! :)

Do I have you on my friends list?

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
You got two splatter spree medals while you only killed 7 people with the ghost?
but it also said that in the prior game stats when we were searching for the next match. as a tip on snowbound have a team mate draw everyone towards the shield door and ram 'em with the ghost then just keep it down there. it scares the crap out of both the other team and the partner.

my GT is just BLAZER787
add me when you get the chance.

side note, it is really weird having "more than a feeling" stuck in your head when playing army of two and halo.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I'll sign up as a maybe for the match on Saturday, though I might be out of town away from my 360. 16 player custom games usually lag pretty bad too, so I'm already concerned.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
I play a lot of custom games (Almost 400 actually) and have had full parties quite a lot, and I rarely experience much lag.

Sodapop

Smash Apprentice
Just came back to check this thread...Would anyone like to do a friendly 1 v 1? *cough*XZero BeatX*cough* lol, but really. I wanna play people who think they are the best or something like that. Most of the people on my friends list are just OK, and Im getting bored of Halo 'cause I havent played anyone good.

Sooo, a friendly 1 v 1 this Friday anyone?

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Just came back to check this thread...Would anyone like to do a friendly 1 v 1? *cough*XZero BeatX*cough* lol, but really. I wanna play people who think they are the best or something like that. Most of the people on my friends list are just OK, and Im getting bored of Halo 'cause I havent played anyone good.

Sooo, a friendly 1 v 1 this Friday anyone?
I will be up for it, I seem to excel at one vs one fights. Might even play on blackout if we both have it by then.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
**** it my gold membership has run out

right on the day of the new maps are out.

oh well I suppose I'll have to do with mario kart for about a week or something like that lol.
Well you can just make a new gamertag on your 360 and you automatically get a 1 month gold trial but you can only do it 3 times.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
I would have a sexy English accent. But my mic is so ****ed up you can barely hear me.

Er... getting more points tomorrow so I will be getting the maps as well.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
Heh, the accent attracts a lot of attention...some of it scary... (one guy asked if I was Harry Potter, then proceeded it to whisper "Harry Potter" exhaustedly during the entire match 0_o)

Oh, I officially love Multi Flag BRs on Avalanche :)

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
match making has been crap to me with the maps. of my 4 games on ghost town, 3 of them were against generals and brigaders with privates on my team. avalanche was multiflag with pretty much my one man army against the world. i dominated blackout with my only game there but it discontected from live with the score at 45 40 us leaving my friend in a one on four game to end it.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Hey Alt, man. I only got to play two matches before my step dad picked me up from my cousin's. Man, it sucked. I didn't go negative either match but yeah, it was hard getting back to Halo after so much Brawl. Feels odd.

I played Blackout twice. AR ruins it...

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Avalanche is the best Halo 3 map.

Ghost Town is the second best Halo 3 map.

Blackout I'm undecided on, I've only played it once in Matchmaking, and it was BRs. I'd like to try the default load out on it. From that one game though, holy ****, blue team is hard to see.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
My gamertag is Legolastom.

Getting the maps today and even though Lockout was supposed to be like the best Halo 2 map and the community's favourite the look of blackout seems a bit bland.

But how cool would an outdoors version of foundry be? Except in a 4 map, map pack. So it would be more like a bonus.

Mah mapzorz
vvvvvvvvvvv

Raven hollow
“Most have fled to try and escape the infection, but those that do stay take up refuge and arms in the cities and towns that have been abandoned.”

Short description:

This is a map intended for infection with 4-12 players (But you can always play with more). This map requires that the humans do a lot more than just shoot the zombies to stay alive.

Backstory:

“A deadly disease has spread throughout the planet, a parasite gains controls of peoples minds and gives them a hunger and urge for human flesh. There is no known cure and if you fall prey to one of these creatures you join the ranks of their undead horde. Billions have fled to the stars in massive evacuation frigates, but some were left behind and they struggle for their lives everyday to fight the darkness that has embraced the earth.

Every six months several small carrier class spaceships fly back to earth and land in the few space ports that are left, in hope that they can find and rescue some of the survivors.

Those that have not been found take up refuge and arms in the cities and towns that have been abandoned during the mass evacuations.”

In depth description:

This map along with the gametype has several layers and numerous strategies, so I will just tell you about the components one at a time.

Alley ways/streets: These are the main parts of the level; they are where the humans are the most vulnerable but they also hold 2 of the 4 supply containers and some valuable weapons, not to mention it is the place where you start and where you go if you fall from the upper floors.

When exploring this area it becomes very tense, as there could be a zombie (Or three) around every corner, there could be a zombie (Or three) creeping up behind you and there could be a zombie (Or four :O) stalking you from the rooftops.

Upper level and base: The base is where the humans start off, it contains a shield wall with a valuable weapon behind it , a stack of fusion coils with a supply container next to them and some barrels for cover. Then there are stairs which lead to the second floor it contains another good weapon and even a boarded up window but the second floor of the base has two access points to the upper levels of the map, one is a tunnel which contains an AR and leads to the walkways on the further end of the map, while the other is right at the top of the stairs, and is an open spot in he wall with a turret in front.

The upper parts of the level contain a few weapons, one active camo and one supply container. They also have access points to the clock tower and a few of the buildings.

Clock tower and roofs: The clock tower gives you a view of the entire area of the map and contains one sniper rifle (If you run out of ammo you can steal the “Hands” of the clock, and also grab a trip mine while your at it), you wont be able to see all of the streets bellow but you should be able to snipe at the ones immediately in front of you and other points of the map.

The roofs are only accessible by the Zombies (if you jump from the stairs you should be able to reach one of the roof tops) because of their superior jumping abilities. I didn’t allow the humans up there because of the fact it became the most broken part of the map. Being on the roof gives the Zombies another advantage over the humans, because from up there they would be able to drop down on someone in the alleyways instantly.

Respawn settings: I placed the humans respawns around the base and all over the streets and alleyways of the city, so if you do manage to kill yourself or get killed by your “Allies” then your right in the zombies path so I suggest you either 1. Run really fast 2. Steal all of the supply containers so you’re protected and your “Allies” start to run low on health or 3. Sneak so the alpha zombie can’t see you with its super keen sense of close range smell detector sense thingamabob or something.

And the zombies respawn on the outside of the city, that’s near to the truck crash and next to the two big red doors on foundry (So there are no **** spawn campers).

*Note in the map there is a bridge leading up to the boarded up window, so the zombies can look at the humans*

Movement: The humans move at normal speed but jump with a 150% gravity, that is to remove taking shortcuts to certain parts of the map and make the experience of falling into the streets/alleyways all that more tense (Also to remove access to certain broken parts of the map).

The Zombies on the other hand have 125% speed and normal gravity, the speed gives them an advantage if they are chasing unsuspecting (Or not) humans and the normal gravity allows them to take a few shortcuts around the map, and access to the roof.

Health: The humans have the advantage here, as they will take two hits from a sword lunge before dieing (But no recharging shield) and can also heal themselves using the one of three supply containers that respawn every three minutes, this gives a sense of being wounded from an earlier attack. But that’s not to mean a Zombie won’t be able to kill someone in their first encounter, as a zombie (If he catches the person off guard) may be able to kill the person with two successive sword strikes.

The zombies have no shields and 90% damage resistance, so they die easily, but if they are a good zombie, you will most likely see them by the time they are close enough to inflict damage.

Weapons and ammo: Most of the weapons on the map are weak dual wieldable weapons, which have barely any ammo in them, so you cant go about gunning the zombies down, you have to conserve ammo and not just rely on your guns… even though it doesn’t take that much to kill a zombie.

Also the guns have long respawn times as well.

Supplies: The supplies that I have mentioned several times earlier are just overshields. But not only do they temporarily increase your shields (Not for long though, so it doesn’t make you that overpowered) but it also restores your shields back to full charge, so if you are wounded it is vital you seek one of these out or it will only take one more hit from a zombie to kill you.

Now there are only 3 on the level and all of them put you in the immediate danger of getting killed by the zombies. Now the zombies can steal the supplies thus stopping you from healing yourself, but it gives them the same movement stats as humans (150% gravity and 100% movement) thus taking away their physical advantage. And because zombies have no shields it doesn’t change their health at all.

So I hope you download and enjoy my map. Be sure to tell me what you think as well.

Download the map.

Download the gametype.

Also I have to give thanks to Caael for placing most of the weapons and respawns, and also helping me test the map and giving me a few ideas for the map.

I haz see you!

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
sounds like an interesting map, i might try it out but i rarly get to to much custom games unless i'm offline (inwich my friend then complain that i'm too good or don't give them a chance to kill me) if any one wants to help with my galatic battle map, i'll try to get online because its coming out slowly

Sodapop

Smash Apprentice
Alright then, my gold membership ended so I'll have to renew it. Alright, cant wait to play you. (No trashtalking please, Im not man enough to take it.)

Top Bottom