• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
The gameplay looks great from the trailer

I like the design of the Forerunner enemies (those are Forerunners, right?). In fact, that's what intrigues me the most about this game: the Forerunners

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Halo 4 introduces Promethean Vision for seeing enemies through walls, Thruster Pack for a horizontal burst movement, Hardlight Shield for a hefty defensive shield, and Hologram (which is the one that isn't discernibly new at all, visual or otherwise).
I'm not liking the sound of this Hardlight Shield armor ability at all. Sounds like some sort of version of Armor Lock... I REALLY hope this isn't the case. Armor Lock near single handedly ruined Halo Reach for me.

Everything else sounds/looks cool, though. :bee:

Eclectic Echo

Smash Apprentice
Well, don't ever go to the MLG forums and say the game looks great, lol. I've been on that site since the beginning of 2008 and holy **** are they ever ******bags. Whenever a new game comes out, they're just unreasonable and can't be pleased. I've been in the whole MLG scene for a while now, and I for one think it looks fun too.

Eclectic Echo

Smash Apprentice
Lol, "that's where I stopped reading."

Well, I play for fun and all too, competitive is my fun. I just don't react in childish ways.

I was about to say enough halo talk, but remembered we're in a halo thread. HA. Anyone going to purchase Halo 4 from what they've seen?

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I hope their MP has the armor customization from Reach; improved too, obv.
It looks like there are skins with certain Armor permutations, depending on who you pre-order from.

Dibs on Venom. :troll:

Already pre-ordered LE from Amazon

Proof the skin colors can change:

http://halo4nation.com/news/halo-4-multiplayer-elements-unveiled/

You'll notice blue guy in foreground and the yellow and white guy behind him have the same helmet and skin scheme, with different skin colors.

EDIT: White and green guy does NOT have the same helmet. But you can tell it's a different colored skin.

Also this:

Add Black Widow, you get Linda.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Damn. Is that picture accurate.

And I ordered at GameStop, so I get that sexy red armor.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
With all these loadouts and upgrades/equipment (ME3-esque), I hope 343 includes some sort of tournament standard mode.

Well, not even tournament standard, but just standard we-all-start-out-with-a-certain-weapon type thing.

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
That video just changed my opinion about the MP. I thought they made it faster and CoD-like, but it seems it's still the Halo I've been playing all these years.

Yesssssssssss

My only complaint is that they should not have the text/points show up above the reticule. It's distracting and I don't need to know how I killed my opponent.

Here's a vid of the same match, but from diff. perspectives and with commentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctmy4HfbRIA&feature=related

You use the d-pad to switch weapons :>

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Game looks FANTASTIC so far!

IDK how I feel about Promethian vision though. It's a good tool for those terribad crouching shotgun campers but I could see it becoming a bit too overpowered.

Eclectic Echo

Smash Apprentice
Agreed. I think they should make it like shadowrun. Use it, then have to wait for it to recharge.

I know it's not going to be like CoD cuz it still obviously looks like it has it's halo feel (IMO,) but with new mechanics.

I hope MLG can do something with it cuz I miss playing competitively. Only time will tell.

:phone:

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Agreed. I think they should make it like shadowrun. Use it, then have to wait for it to recharge.

I know it's not going to be like CoD cuz it still obviously looks like it has it's halo feel (IMO,) but with new mechanics.

I hope MLG can do something with it cuz I miss playing competitively. Only time will tell.

:phone:
If you watch the first video, there is a cooldown and recharge on it. So you can't have it on constantly.

So far, from what I've seen, it adds a lot of new, with the Halo feel that I love.

Looking forward to this.

Eclectic Echo

Smash Apprentice
I know it has a cooldown, but you can turn it off and on. I'm talking about using it once, then recharge fully to be used once more. If you know what Shadowrun and EV are, that's how I think it should be.

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
I just think that its an OP power, total recharge or not. Just scan when you get in cover.

It could be extremely helpful if your team was cooperative enough. And if you're solo, you can pick off people without them even seeing you.

At least, that's what I can tell from this build of MP. They could always limit the radius or give it hella slow cooldown.

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
Good to see people actually excited about Halo again. I definitely see the vision being a bit overused, and possibly stagnating how the game plays out, but hopefully it will be balanced out come release. Hopefully 343 will be ready to make adjustments if needed.

Other than that, want to get my hands on that shotgun. Disintegrating people sounds fun

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Good to see people actually excited about Halo again. I definitely see the vision being a bit overused, and possibly stagnating how the game plays out, but hopefully it will be balanced out come release. Hopefully 343 will be ready to make adjustments if needed.

Other than that, want to get my hands on that shotgun. Disintegrating people sounds fun
Looking at the shotgun:

On the one hand, it looks like it's overpowered... Because it disintegrates people... But it's effective range and damage is probably still the same as the previous shotguns in the series. It just visually looks more devastating.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Yeah, I thought the Carbine was fun to use, too. I wouldn't mind seeing it come back at all

Can't wait to see some of the Forerunner weapons, though

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I'm only a brigadier right now in Reach. My bro is a grade 2 brigadier, IIRC.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
According to Microsoft:

At a minimum, you'll need at least an 8GB USB Flash Drive or an Xbox 360 Hard Drive to play Multiplayer mode in Halo 4. For an optimal experience playing with an Xbox 360 Hard Drive is highly recommended.

Top Bottom