• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo Game - Ovah

Swiss

Smash Lord
Cotton: I think Zen/licky is pretty obvtown. I trust my zen meta pretty well and he's playing a town game (as opposed to his "I hope nobody notices me" pikmafia scummy game). I do still argue that he thinks wii are scum solely because I've been quiet and Kat's been posting more, and as a result he's seeing other things we've done as scummier than they actually are... but I think it's just town zen being observant. Kat thinks they're scummy but kat doesn't have zen meta... so I guess that's expected a little.

Gord: If I hadn't watched oddworld and am not currently in the middle of a game with him, I'd be feeling gord to be scummy. But he does love to clear people off on weird reasons (i.e. you based on style). It's a null tell on him... but I'd be pretty ok with him dieing eventually, especially if you flip scum. Their subtle defences and believing you're town doesn't fly too well with me.

Gotenks: I have no read on because they've basically just commented on moriarity and pointed out something in our play as scummy (it might of been parroting someone else too, or seems oppurtunist based on cottonlicky's suspicion on us).
And learn to count. I clearly gave 4 stances. Seriously, step it up >.<
I didn't count the-man half of a line thing as a stance compared to those beefcakes. Forthcomin' is fine tho, I'll let ya slip slide away on that.

He's implied that our flip will shed an enormous light on everyone else's alignment, and that's basically why he wants us dead.
Quote the implication then. Gawd.

Chuckie you mad read the worst possible outcome inta everythin' I b postin'. Baseless. You've said all ya got on me is a vibe, but ya gonna continue to vote me 'cuz there's nothin' else ya can do? Not ringin' true. I thought ya said earlier ya had figured me as scum, which wouldn't be a vibe - thought there was mad reasoning - substance. Which is it? You smell fake.

Spag your wording confused me, seemed like a contradiction - rephrase plz.

XSword.

X1-12|Sworddancer.
@Gotenks: Which half of you is making the majority of your posts? and roughly what % of posts are that player's? Do you think two heads of a hydra posting different opinions is scummy? Also please explain a bit about how you think a hydra should be played/how you are playing your hydra

Peach Monster

Praxis|EdreesesPieces
Getting a town read on Smarboy, I like the play and the reasoning. Gord's play seems to fall in line with his town play in Bioware.

Second, you are so against a policy lynch, yet you promote inactive lynching in your second para. I realize you say if there are no clear lynches, but that's just it. You have done almost zero scumhunting (other than me for invalid reasons), have have no reads other than an inactive (and me for invalid reasons :c).
Scum hunting for "invalid reasons" is still scumhunting, whether you agree with it or not. I don't claim to be a great player, but I do try. If you'd like to give me reads on more players I have no problem in answering questions about other players at all, until then Ii comment on what I find scummy and what I see fit. The fact that you don't agree with my reads doesn't mean I'm not making them.

You so strongly disagree with policy lynching and not actually scumhunting, yet you are right now set on a policy lynch (moriarty) and have done no scumhunting to this point. Of course you wouldn't think it was scummy because you are scum.
Me voting for him wasn't a policy. I voted him to pressure him to participate in a more helpful way, and in case he was trying to coast. I voted for a player, not for a policy. A policy lynch means you set a rule that you must never break. These are two entirely different things. In addition it's not a policy lynch because I am free to take away my vote from Moriarty at anytime I want. In a policy lynch, you can't take away your vote, it's "policy."

Licky thinks you should be the play today. Chuckie can be taken care of tomorrow. You're far more scummy.
If you think I should be the play why didn't you vote for me when you made a really long case against me? You are reacting pretty strongly to what was an observation and a finger of suspicion. You should follow it up with a vote. We prod you with suspicion with what may have seemed like wifom, and your reaction is to make a giant case against us, but then not even follow it up with a vote? That doesn't look good at all in my eyes.

While I feel your actual defense is sound, the over reaction you are having defending yourself is pretty suspect. You are not the play for the day but you are a player to watch more closely than others, particularly how you react when people accuse you.

@the-man Cheese may be obnoxious but like ForeverZero stated, it's getting reactions out of people, and making people take stances on him. He's also taking stances on others. I feel ok about him right now myself.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
Unvote This game is harder to get into than Fort Knox. Talk to us.

This list doesn't include the first 7 are in specific order.

Scum:
Moriarty
XSword (Until last post we forgot he was in the game)
Spaghebi

For lurking, not for posting style or content.

Null:

Regal Cheese
Gotenks
ForeverZero
Peach Monster
Smarboy

Town:

Licky
Chuckie
tHe-Man

: /

Any of the first 3 can go.

Peach Monster

Praxis|EdreesesPieces
@ tHe-Man:
May I suggest that we not list which players we think are town?

In prior games I've played, players who got listed as "town" by a lot of players almost invariably were killed by scum; it's practically handing a list of players that town would like to have in endgame to scum.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
No, it's handing scum a list of people that, on Day 1, of all days, that we would like to see at end game. This is most certainly the phase in the game when opinions are most likely to change, am I wrong?

How about instead of commenting on the posting of the list itself, which has already been done and cannot be affected, you post about the content included in it so we can make some headway with it instead?

smarboy69

Smargaret|GorditoBoy69
Skeletor said:
Unvote This game is harder to get into than Fort Knox. Talk to us.

This list doesn't include the first 7 are in specific order.
Can you rephrase the bolded? I take it that Moriarty - Peach Monster are not in a specific order, other than their groupings of scum and null?

smarboy69

Smargaret|GorditoBoy69
Ninja'd.

Beast Man said:
No, it's handing scum a list of people that, on Day 1, of all days, that we would like to see at end game. This is most certainly the phase in the game when opinions are most likely to change, am I wrong?

How about instead of commenting on the posting of the list itself, which has already been done and cannot be affected, you post about the content included in it so we can make some headway with it instead?
Agreed with bolded, which is moreorless everything lol.

What makes you think tHe-Man is town?

Lol jk jk, but I don't see XSword quite lurking, and in fact, I'd put Fans For Sale in that spot, if it's just about lurking, because of the fact that jPSI was in that player slot before, and he was by FAR the most inactive player.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
"This list doesn't include FansForSale."

"The first seven are in specific order."

Got ****ed up when I was rearranging it to look better.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
Lol jk jk, but I don't see XSword quite lurking, and in fact, I'd put Fans For Sale in that spot, if it's just about lurking, because of the fact that jPSI was in that player slot before, and he was by FAR the most inactive player.
The edit should catch that. I honestly don't know what to do about FansForSale. He's in a terrible position if he's town and he's been handed a gem if he's scum. If everyone else was active, I'd be content to lynch him our current lack of solid information, but they aren't, so,..... : /

smarboy69

Smargaret|GorditoBoy69
Oh okay then. Thanks for the edit ^_^, and regarding Fans, that's fair.

But...

She-Ra said:
Scum:
1Moriarty
2XSword (Until last post we forgot he was in the game)
3Spaghebi

For lurking, not for posting style or content.

Null:

4Regal Cheese
5Gotenks
6ForeverZero
7Peach Monster
8?Smarboy
Is this some typo, or am I leaning toward town iyo?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer

True that it is just a list of people you view as town, but if someone ends up falling consistently into trusted town across everyone's list, they are turned in to a target.

I posted that to discourage other people from following suit with the "people I think are town" list, not to affect what you already posted.

We are curious what it is, however, what makes you list CottonLicky as town? What, specifically, about Moriarty looks scummy, as opposed to simply useless?

Peach Monster

Praxis|EdreesesPieces
GAH.

True that it is just a list of people you view as town, but if someone ends up falling consistently into trusted town across everyone's list, they are turned in to a target.

I posted that to discourage other people from following suit with the "people I think are town" list, not to affect what you already posted.

We are curious what it is, however, what makes you list CottonLicky as town? What, specifically, about Moriarty looks scummy, as opposed to simply useless?

CottonLicky

Blueyoshi|Zen
@PM: You happened to make your scummy statements and place your FoS on me in the same post, so that's why my suspicion could be percieved as OMGUS. Licky is not overreacting, you're putting words into Licky's mouth and it's silly. The fact that both of your halves are in concensus with it and cannot see the truth makes it all the more odd. Making cases on bogus reasons is not scumhunting, it's pseudoscumhunting. If I were to say that I'm suspicious of you because you said that town should focus on lynching inactives, even though you actually never said that, would you classify my suspicion as actually scumhunting? No, because it's bogus and has invalid support. That is all you have done in terms of "scumhunting" this game. And EP from what I picked up in Villains, you're quite alright, so the noob card just isn't going to register.

While we are on the topic of experience, how much mafia experience do you have Praxis? Also when you made that post that said "buddying?" would you classify that as apart of your scum hunting? Or was it mostly unserious?

PM what do you think of Regal, Gotenks, FZ, Spag, and Chuckie.

Fans for Sell

Super Smash Bros. Fan|Sold2
Yeah man cut me some slack. I just finished my reread but I want the other half here.

I like the idea of Moriarty dying today unless something seriously changes. We can't assume there's a vig to take care of it. As someone else put it, he'll be a "wild card" and I don't want to have to take a guess and decide on lynching not lynching him later in the game.

Other than Moriarty as a lynch, I think we should treat any other wagons as trying to convince the pretend-vig to shoot them at night. Personally I don't like Spaghebty and feel he'd be super awesome vig-shot. Other than being inactive, I don't like how vague he's been, and even seems a bit invisible when he does post. I wonder if in 295, by "answering questions later" he meant just questions people have asked him, or that he's going to elaborate on his tHe-mann wagon. I'd like to see an elaboration on why he thinks 288 from the-mann is scummy. Outside of answering the questions in his last post and making a reasonless vote on the-mann, he's pretty much talked about the Moriarty situation, goofed around, and agreed with "some good points" that Regal brought up. I'd also like elaboration on what those good points were.

So what's up guys.

Peach Monster

Praxis|EdreesesPieces
Regal had a strong case made on him earlier in the day that made sense and that we do not feel he made a strong response to it.

Spag I dislike, Chuckie is a null tell. FZ and Gotenks I would actually like to defer to my other half for a read on, as I don't feel I have a strong one.

My other half originally made the case on Licky, but then asked me to separately review Licky's posts and give me his opinion. I arrived to the same conclusion citing the same posts, so we decided to pursue. I fail to see how we have pursued you for "invalid reasons", and find it suspect that you are accusing us of "not scumhunting" because scumhunting for "invalid reasons" (translate: finding you scummy).

CottonLicky

Blueyoshi|Zen
You are suspicious of me because you think that I find people replying to the policy lynch is scummy when I never said or implied that. You're whole case is based on me saying something that I didn't.

Can you give more precise thoughts on Regal and Chuckie? What makes Chuckie null?

XSword.

X1-12|Sworddancer.
First I'll respond to these two things, then I'll move on to my cases.

@Sword: Looking back, I'm not sure what you are wanting me to respond to. I don't disagree that Licky's play hasn't been all that pro-town, but Licky isn't
intentionally trying to stay under the radar. It's just that both of Licky's halves haven't had the time to post as much as they would like this week. "Wii" will do
our best to be more active.
Meh, that's not what I would expect out of you (err, well, not BY at least). What I'll usually expect out of you (err, BY) is to striaght out say something along the
lines of "I don't have time now, will do it late," proceding by continuoes delaying it and finally dropping out of the game. :bee:

No, but seriously, if you we're too busy, then why even bother with irrelavant posts?

@Peach:

You are still not understanding so Licky will explain.

-XSword stated that he felt LICKY was trying to come off as being pro-town, but was really doing nothing.
-Licky questions why XSword thought this. Licky had not been playing in a way that came off as pro-town so why would XSword make this accusation? Licky then
proceeds to give examples from throughout the game that should come off as pro-town actions. (And by XSwords reasoning, he should have been suspicious of those
people, not licky who had not been making such generic town statements). LICKY NEVER SAID ANY OF THOSE THINGS WERE SCUMMY! You are misreading the entire situation
which I'll bring up later when I make my case on you. Now with that said, I do find one of the things suspicious. Can you guess which one? :)

-I do not necessarily think anything of people answering to the policy lynch.
-I don't think anything at all about people requesting prods.
-What I DO find suspicious is someone who goes along with the current view, and feels the need to restate something that had already been said. In this case, the
distaste for having the policy discussion in the first place. Let's count shall we :)
Okay, this isn't really directed at me, but I just want to quote it cause it leads up to:

1! +points for Regal for being #1 :p

Everyone before this simply answered, but look how things play out now that Regal has made this post.

2! :p Yep, but would you have said this had Regal not posted before or would you have simply answered the question without the "*insert generic...."? hmm.

and 3! Ahahaha! Why he felt the need to resay what had just been implied twice, idk but it's something to think about :)
Kinda think this is a weak. A question about policy lynches was asked to everyone by HE-MAN in post 75 (in matter of fact you even quote it later so what?), so a lot
of people answering that question was fair game. Besides, that was super early in the day, relax.

Nothing else in your post is realated to me, so I won''t address it.

Besides from that, though, I actually like most of your recent posts, you've definitly aren't flying under the radar right now.

unvote

I would still like you to answer what I did point out overhead, though.

---

HE-MAN, I didn't know you we're in the game until your last post. I can be a busy people to, this half of the hydra has some midterms coming up, and I need to study.

You havin really posted that much either, so :ohwell:

Also, HE-MAN, are you saying that you want those people just cause they're lurking?

Btw everyone, just as a reminder, deadline is in two days from now, at midnight. So it's probably best we start to summerize toDay up.

---

I like the fact that Moriarty is going to post, but I think it's rather lame that they're doing it at the end of the Day when they probably should have done it
earlier. I'm sensing he's probably going to be let off the hook when I question if he really should.

I Know KevinM went to urgent care (hope he feels/gets better from whatever hapened) so that's excussible but their still is Tom, can he really be v/la forever?

---

Besides from the question above, I would really like to see some clear definite views from Gotenks. IIRC, he said he was going try to communicate with his hydra about it but it's becoming kind of late in the Day, as mentioned early, for that.

Vote GoTenks

So, I would like to see either Moriaty or Gotenks (if he doesn't post views soon). Also kinda leanig towards HE-MAN.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
FZ asked us who we would pick if we were in support of a policy lynch, iirc, considering jPSI had been replaced. To be clear, we do not and have not agreed with a policy lynch at this stage.
Where's our toy tractor with fitted meat-grinders! Yes wii knew the last part, and this told us everything important about nothing :woman: [#239] - y did you rephrase Zero's statements at the rest of Town and then advertise that as a policy lynch if you didn't agree with the idea in the first place? e.g. and hypothetically, as challengers of wagon X wii wouldn't suddenly rephrase everyone's reasons to hop on it and say @town "this is what everybody on the wagon was trying to say btw, if it wasn't any clearer... oh, remember kids we disagree with it", because that serves nothing useful from our POV and makes people want to hop on it even more. This is what's leading us to believe there could be a possible scum agenda with ur play, because by rephrasing Zero's stance on the wagon so it's clearer smoother better ur only making it sound more appertizing despite it allegedly coming from a player who's anti-the idea in the first place.

Also, saying "at this stage" is a bit superbad because the more stages we pass the more we have to prioritise scum lynches due to possible impending mylo/lylo scenarios, wouldn't you agree? Wii do!
:awesome: If push came to shove wii'd wager a creme egg you'd hop on it quite instantly if it had majority Town backing, as a scummie hoping for that winning lynch!

Gotenks

BSL|mentosman8
First and foremost apologies for not posting for a while. Me and BSL had a little chat Wednesday night(first time our schedules have lined up), and I was supposed to make a post but, well, I kinda fell asleep then had work last night and didn't get a chance/been busy earlier today. Also, before I go any farther, hope you're alright Kev!

@Gotenks: Which half of you is making the majority of your posts? and roughly what % of posts are that player's? Do you think two heads of a hydra posting different opinions is scummy? Also please explain a bit about how you think a hydra should be played/how you are playing your hydra
Majority of the posts so far have been Mentos(me). %I don't know, a good % but can't give you a solid number. I have already made my comments about hydra posting, in fact I made them pregame :D If you wish me to reiterate them:

Two heads of a hydra posting different opinions isn't inherently scummy, but it's not pro-town. Doing so makes it much easier for scum to slide by without taking responsibility for their actions, and causes townies to be questioned for flip-flopping stances. It distracts from scumhunting and is, in general, harmful to town.

A hydra should be played where players in it come to an agreement on views before posting them for the large part. These opinions can obviously change as more conversing takes place, but they should have a baseline agreement before posting. I feel that, although we haven't talked much, we have played along this line. BSL has not made a post I disagree with, and I have not made a stance he has told me he disagreed with. Our opinions have never contradicted each other, despite our lack of chances to talk so far.

Now, moving onward, to what we discussed the other night. We were talking about Cheese for the most part during that conversation(note, I hadn't read the-man's big post about him yet, which I now feel to some extent is nitpicking playstyle with some truth inlaid). We came to a conclusion that he is a potential lynch especially if Moriarty steps it up a bit when they get back. Talking it over we agreed that it seems he has been skimming(ex. earlier when I called him out for asking me multiple questions that I had already given an answer to earlier. It just seems like he's not paying full attention, which irks me.

I'm very disappointed in Spaghebti right now. Two players I know well and know what they're capable of and I feel they aren't playing up to that standard right now. Would like to see more from them.

Other than that more to come once we get in touch some more, but I feel there should be more to add. Note we're also discussing town reads(which, as I said myself, I have more of right now), but I'm not sure I'm ready to post those up right now. I'll give you something on those lines after our next talk for sure though.

I may have missed a couple questions from people while making this post, as I didn't think to be multiquoting as I went through. If anyone has any questions I missed, or any other ones, feel free to throw them up and I'll get back on them.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
I didn't count the-man half of a line thing as a stance compared to those beefcakes. Forthcomin' is fine tho, I'll let ya slip slide away on that.

Quote the implication then. Gawd.

Chuckie you mad read the worst possible outcome inta everythin' I b postin'. Baseless. You've said all ya got on me is a vibe, but ya gonna continue to vote me 'cuz there's nothin' else ya can do? Not ringin' true. I thought ya said earlier ya had figured me as scum, which wouldn't be a vibe - thought there was mad reasoning - substance. Which is it? You smell fake.

Spag your wording confused me, seemed like a contradiction - rephrase plz.
You said that you want our flip badly, but you also don't find us scummy? The ONLY town perspective I can see in that is you think we're impossible to read at this stage or our flip will garner a lot of information (town or scum) to make it worth it. There's no point quoting, unless you're arguing that you didn't say you wanted our flip.

So yes, by saying you want us dead you're giving us the message that this is somehow really helpful to town REGARDLESS of our alignment, of which you've said you're unsure of (Oh yeah, except option B, unless you're scum.)

Swiss said:
Chuckie you mad read the worst possible outcome inta everythin' I b postin'. Baseless.
Stop with the dumb accusations please.

Because EVERY time you say something, it's implying that we're twisting your words or doing something scummy. Would you not expect us to respond to you when you're CONSTANTLY saying "skimming mirite?" or "don't twist my words?"

I agree that this back and forth is ULTRA dumb, but YOU have straw manned nearly everything we've said to you, and turned it into some kind of implication. In that post alone you said our statements are baseless and we're not doing anything besides voting you.

You're picking out small parts of what we're saying and putting a scummy spin on them. Not liking it.

Swiss said:
You've said all ya got on me is a vibe, but ya gonna continue to vote me 'cuz there's nothin' else ya can do?
How do you believe we haven't being doing anything else? Seriously, are you just pulling this out of your ***?

@Kat: Firefox + No Script = bye bye MLG thing.

Fans for Sell

This side of the hydra checking in to confirm that I haven't totally disappeared and I have completely caught up (Just need to organize my thoughts and come to solid conclusions). Here's some quick thoughts, but a more substantial post will be following tomorrow.

I'm currently suspecting Regal Cheese, Morarity, and Spaghebti, moreso on the first two. My other half agree so our vote should be on one of those three after we reach a conclusion.

Also regarding policy lynches, I think it's best used only if it's on Day 1, the town cannot find a suspect we can agree to lynch, and if the player continues to play poorly like in past games. It's something that should be rarely used and I'm not sure if even Morarity is a good enough policy lynch on it's own. I feel good about a Morarity lynch not just because he's useless, but because I actually find him suspicious (Which again I'll explain in my bigger post tomorrow).

Regal Cheese

Sir Bedevere|Swiss
If Moriarty comes 'n posts in words at the last moment, stoppin' this 'ere policy lynch - then i'll be 'appy as a kid with candy. Will wanna know why he didn't hurr durr his way to us with words before. How long has one half of Mozzareaarty been AFK?

Ugh.
Chuckie ya've said "figured Regality as scum" AND "All we got on him is a vibe" That's wat I didnae like. Agreed on the hurr durr tennis match bittai. Want ya flip purely 'cuz I havnae a clue wtf is g'wan on wit ya, feel like you'rea tunnel me 'till wan of us dies, plus having you die is ALWAYS amusin'. Consider it payback for Odd[broken way against Swiss so he lost]world. Lawl.

In that post alone you said our statements are baseless and we're not doing anything besides voting you.
Naw, said mosta what ya say on me is baseless. Not that all ya statements are. See? Wan ickle post by me 'n ya think I'm hittin ya with a baseball bat. I ain't kiddo.

How do you believe we haven't being doing anything else? Seriously, are you just pulling this out of your ***?

Chuckz, this bad boi never said ya ain't been doin' anythin' else. I think ya just hate me, maybe determined to live up ta wat I wrote on ya wall Vanzy.

Peaches would like ta know this
Regal had a strong case made on him earlier in the day that made sense and that we do not feel he made a strong response to it.
That Chuckie or The-man? Which case is mo' solid than a concrete lump of concrete?

and ofc the answers to Cottons q's.

Gawd. The uneducated masses swap switchin' on their happy go lucky leader? Talk about takin' wan for the team. Hurr durr.

Spag is still a worry. FFS what about him makes you consider him a potential lynch? I'm assumin' you think he's actually scummy.

Spag waitin' on that content.

Regal Cheese

Sir Bedevere|Swiss
O btw The-man can ya explain what ya aim was with the post on me?

Would esp. like to hear about that game we played which has made ya biased against me...what game was that again? Quote ya self and link me the game, plz.

Spaghebti

macman|Gheb_01
Iono why ppl think im sus. i think the man is scum, cheese is town and mory is null. other reads are kinda whack cuz its too easy to push mory + most ppl support his lynch so its all up in the air for me. but ive taken stances and told yu about it so idk what yu wanna hear.

lovin' how i appear on the mans scum list right after i vote him tho.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
O btw The-man can ya explain what ya aim was with the post on me?

Would esp. like to hear about that game we played which has made ya biased against me...what game was that again? Quote ya self and link me the game, plz.
You're the first person on my list who is actually posting and we might can make some headway with. Should've just posted the scum list from the beginning as that didn't work at all.

Iono why ppl think im sus. i think the man is scum, cheese is town and mory is null. other reads are kinda whack cuz its too easy to push mory + most ppl support his lynch so its all up in the air for me. but ive taken stances and told yu about it so idk what yu wanna hear.

lovin' how i appear on the mans scum list right after i vote him tho.
You're not posting why, at all, ever. That's why you're on my scum list. That's why I want to lynch Moriarty. You never even explained why you voted me. You're taking stances that have no content. That's the opposite of Cheese's content with no stances.

Regal Cheese

Sir Bedevere|Swiss
Whaddya mean "Make headway with"?

Thought ya couldn't understand me at all, Regality didn't make no sense. Ya had to ask for translations amirite? Why ya now sayin' I DO have content I jus' be lackin' on stances? Wha' changed?

O btw plz answer mah questions before.

Fans for Sell

Huge post incoming!

Red: Sold2's thoughts on the game.
Normal font color: My thoughts on the game.

This is a massive post. You do not have to read this part of the post although I would recommend doing so if you would read the entire post to gain the maximum amount of information from it but that's just me. A vote will follow at the very end of this post.

@Gotenks: You say that you have no solid reads aside from Morarity. What do you think of Regal Cheese and Spaghebti? Both side of this hydra finds those two scummy.

@CottonLicky: Unless I am wrong, you are still self-voting. I see no purpose in doing this as town, so place your vote on one of your suspects.

@Morarity: I'll repeat smarboy69's question if you missed it before. Who do you suspect and why? Who should we look for if you get lynched today as scums in your wagon?
tHe-Man said:
Okay, RVS is over. Don't continue it. It serves no purpose.
Probably Xonar speaking, but this comes off as a scum tell to me. If it was Ryker, I would consider him my first suspet for this. Not exactly a major worry, just something I want to note.

This bugs me. It's nice that you are trying to end RVS with RQS (Which unlike most people, I don't disapprove of), but we don't need to announce that it's over, it can resolve itself by people commiting scum tells during the RVS, which mind you, should end as soon as possible. This comes off as mildly scummy to me.
tHe-Man said:
Everyone, what say you to a policy lynch on the hydra you think is going to be a question mark in end game through lack of contribution? Yes, that is a fancy way to say lurker, but FF/OS beat us to the word and we want to be semi-original here.
See my #348.
Peach Monster said:
Buddying?
You seem to have the necessity to say that tHe-Man is buddying. Getting a scum vibe out of this post.

That is hardly buddying. Asking people RQS questions if they want to be friends is not something I could easily consider buddying. Now if it was a latter post with more substantial evidence of buddying then I could see that, but I don't think it's a good idea to start assuming that people are buddying due to a RQS question.
Regal Cheese said:
K. So we've decided to lynch people that we find scummy, and then if there is no-one scummy, lynch an inactive.

This is an innovative style of play, I am sure no town has employed this before.
You are far from the only person who has supported this idea. And I'm sure people have supported this idea long before you started to play Mafia. Looks like a weak attempt at gaining town creds early on.
Regal Cheese said:
Was I really accusing you of scumminess? In RVS?

'Course I was.
We're you referring to this post?

If that's the case, then what about this post is scummy? All I saw was a RVS vote that was on Peach Monster, not CottonLicky. You're really reaching with this.
CottonLicky said:
Regal, which of your halves made your confirmation post?
What can we gain from this that can help town? To me, all I see is accomplish is that you added filler to #115. I don't like how you made it look like it had more merit then it really did.
Regal Cheese said:
Both of those answers should be painfully obvious.

Smarboy, would you be happy to lynch the-man right here, right now? Is the case justification for a lynch, or do you want pressure put on him?

hurr durr
What are you going to gain from the safe but aggressive questions? You're attacking a case that's taking us out of RVS. Currently disliking you at the moment.
XSword said:
You don't like moving out of RVS this fast, so what do you think of tHe-Man for deciding we weren't in RVS anymore, and what do you think of them saying any more RVS 'serves no purpose'?
You blatantly twisted Gotenks's words here and a poor job at it.

@ForeverZero (#127): Nice IIOA there. What does that accomplish aside from the act that there are inactives as of that time?

@Regal Cheese (#128): The majority of that post is fluff. Also, you completely avoided Chuckie's second question:
Chuckie said:
Could u also explain how remembering this is a game "full of experienced players and hydras" affects smarboy's thoughts on he-man in anyway?
Why is it that hard to answer?
Regal Cheese said:
*Sniff*

*Sniffs*

Unvote Vote XSword
Hate this post a lot. You give no explanation on why you think XSword was scummy and you didn't even say you agreed with anyone.

Regarding #138-#139, I agree with GorditoBoy69 more then XSword. The logic that XSword has been spewing out is something I would expect out of myself, but XSword is doing this today instead of near end game. I haven't like XSword much at all while I believe GorditoBoy69 to be much better.

I would vote XSword for #146. You're accusing Smarboy69 of tunneling yet by the looks of it, you seem to be tunneling harder then him.

@XSword #148: You're acting like the posts significantly changed all the posts. Why does it matter if smarboy69 didn't ask the question?
ForeverZero said:
Stop bickering. There's plenty of information needed to be seen, and your back and forth doesn't help. I don't think anyone believes we've exhausted the day, regardless of if they believe X1 is the play.
This is odd to me. Why does them making cases against each other not help? It gathers information and it's a good discussion to have. It seems like you're trying to be a peacemaker here.
Cotton Licky said:
Aha the second one is, the first is not. If it's so obvious could you just answer the dam question :)?
I know that this isn't directed at me, but still..

The first question is absolutely useless. Like I said before, nothing positive gets accomplished by answering that question. The second question I agree with Regal Cheese on, that can be answered by just reading the thread.
Morarity said:
That doesn't answer ForeverZero's question at all.
Morarity said:
Nice OMGUS there. Gotenks asked you to be semi-useful and you responded with a faceplam. That not something I see from a townie.
Regal Cheese said:
Chuckie talk to me. Feels like we're playing our own game here. Answer my questions, then maybe I'll explain wtf I wrote. *Teaser* Smarboy choking = Smarfail. Jesus. gogogogogogogoog
The irony of this post. You're wanting Chuckie to answer your question, yet I have not seen you answer Chuckie second question in #122. I thought the question was pretty valid.
Spaghebti said:
so i think regal is town and raises some good points
You convincing us that Regal Cheese is town would be a good show to watch. As of this post, I have not saw anything from Regal Cheese that indicates them being town (Maybe #118, but it's not a signficant town tell either) and the majority of things I've seen from then I think are more likely to come from scum.
Regal Cheese said:
Wait, you think Smarboy is scummy? Forgot to place your vote amirite? Better to make a funny wagon instead, yah.
Reading Chuckie's post I have seen no mention of Smarboy being genuinenly scummy in their opinion. Please provide evidence of this or kindly shut up until you find something legitimate to work on. I would also like to inform you that the rest of #162 adds nothing in town favor, it's just fluff.
ForeverZero said:
If people keep treating Moriarty like JPsi, I will too.

@mod request replacement for Moriarty

Let's see if they're comparable?
You are really hammering on Morarity being the focus of today but I'm not sure how much I like this. If anything it will lead to a lynch on Morarity where the only thing we get is the death of an difficult to read player.

First off, you didn't even bother to answer a simple question from Chuckie.

Secondly, it makes you look like a hypocrite. You went after Morarity for not answering simple question but by not answering Chuckie's question, you are guilty of the exact same accusstion.
CottonLicky said:
Swiss stop ignoring questions. I don't think you ever answered Licky's. :)
This is one of the occassions when calling people out for not answering questions is not a good idea. Tell me, why did you expet Regal Cheese to answering which side of the hydra confirmed? I see no scum hunting coming out of it, nothing gets accomplished.
Regal Cheese said:
Itchin' to OMGUS this fool.
Yes, OMGUS will help us find scums and is productive in town's favor [/sarcams]
Morarity said:
I think we need to note this picture. Morarity-scum could be using the FoS: Scumbuddy, Vote: Townie manuver here on Regal Cheese. If one of them flip scum, the other should be looked at harshly(As I have a scum read on both of them).
Morarity said:
unvote vote: spaghebti
Can you at least explain your vote on spaghebti. I somewhat agree with the target, but I simply detest when people vote for absolutely no reasons.
Morarity said:
You're going to need a much better defense then showing off meta. And your meta defense is really poorly executed anyway because you were lynched Day 1 for you play there.
Morarity said:
Hello, you were lynched Day 1 there because your play was absolutely terrible.
Morarity said:
Is this an agreement that your play style is nearly impossible to read? If that's the case, then haven't you considered changing your play style to where it will actually help town?
Morarity said:
What are you even trying to say?
Regal Cheese said:
Would like to see more content from Spag. Don't like such a lack of content then a buddying post then a "Survival" post. Wants to know why he's being voted, all defensive imo. Where's the bullets? Get shootin'
That's rich coming out of you. Up to this point, a lot of your posts have been fillers that make very little sense or posts I find to be scummy.
Regal Cheese said:
At best you're distractin' and that ain't pro townie - that earns a frownie.
Let me just say to you that I find your play style a lot more distracting then Chuckie's play. You have no right to call Chuckie on that when people have a somewhat difficult time reading your posts.
Spaghebti said:
idk i think cheese is town

why do yu think hes not
Then provide a solid explanation on why Regal Cheese is town. So far, you have failed to give us an adequate explanation that is convincing enough to make us think that Regal Cheese is town.
Spaghebti said:
unvote vote the man for his 288

answering questions later
You have done nothing all day but BS around. Now you are voting tHe-Man for a case that I think is the best case made so far.

@Regal Cheese (#296): While I do agree that he shouldn't have quoted the RVS, but the point is that other then than what you pointed out, you have been useless in this game and you step-sided the entire case.
Regal Cheese said:
Gotenks - scum. Want Moriarty flipped as I think they're aligned. (Like I pretty obviously said, btw, try readin'). Complete null on Moriarty. Moriarty town flip helps Gotenks majorly. Thus considering Moriarties usefulness I want him lynched, not Gotenks (yet).
How is Morarity going to help Gotenks look more town? If anything, Morarity flipping town would make him look scummier. I would also think Gotenks is more likely to flip town if Morarity is scum since Gotenks has been pushing for Morarity lynch hard. You and Morarity being scum is more likely possibility due to my scum reads on you and Morarity's #205, which I perceive as him-scum doing FoS: Scumbuddy, Vote: Townie on you
Regal Cheese said:
The-man - No comment on alignment. Dislike how canned and pathetic the ISO was. Feels forced, g'wan after someone who hasn't had a lotta ppl pressurin' them maybe? EZ scum tactic, but a fair play by a townie who thinks they have something. ISO feels forced. Ryker isn't dumb. Don't think Ryker would think the ISO was top notch and a bottle of scotch.
This is fence-sitting. "I thought the ISO was pathetic, but it could be Xonar being stupid." That's basically your thought on him. Let's say Ryker did do the ISO, would you think he's scum?
Regal Cheese said:
Pretty sure me being obnoxious is a town tell. Amirite?
No it isn't. If anything, I find it scummy as it makes you hard to read. Scums do not want to be read because they want to make sure they can skate by with their play and coast to victory. You are not going to gain any town points for playing in an obnoxious way, especially if makes you as scummy as you are.
Regal Cheese said:
Wanna see your flip. Muchos.
If you want Chuckie to flip so badly, why not park your vote on him since you find him legitimately scummy?
Regal Cheese said:
Wanna see your flip, fo' shiz. Wantin' ya dead 'cuz it'd be hilarious 'n I'm not likin' ya as pro town. Might not have a scum read on ya yet but a man can hope for a vig read soon. No cage can hold such a troublesome toddler. Gawd.
Once again, you declare you want Chuckie dead. But you also you do not have a scum read on Chuckie. Why are you asking for his head chopped off if you do not have a scum read on the hydra?
Spaghebti said:
nah i got a null read on mory tbh its just tht there are scummier ppl (ie the man) + hes kinda useful actualy.
Reading this and your past argument for why Regal Cheese is town, I remain completely unconvinced that he's useful by any means.
Cotton Licky said:
Gotenks who's the play?
If you would read Gotenks ISO, you would see that they support Morarity for the play and possibly Regal Cheese/Spaghebti.
Regal Cheese said:
'cuz I havnae a clue wtf is g'wan on wit ya, feel like you'rea tunnel me 'till wan of us dies, plus having you die is ALWAYS amusin'.
Do I need to point out the hypocrisy in this post?

Summerization:

Now this is the part we would like for you to read. It contain what we basically think of the game so far.

Sold2's Summerized Thoughts on the Game:

I think that Morarity should be the play for today. I will not deal with a player who only say about six things in phrases; as such, it's futile to try to gain a read on the player. I really don't care if we can get his message or he could be helpful, I will not try to see if he's scum or not due to his difficulties of trying to get a read on him. He's wasting our time that can be used to lynching people with legitimate scum tells that points to them being scums.

My second and third choices are Spaghebti and Regal Cheese respectively.

My Summerized Thoughts on the Game:

(Assuming three scums in the game)

Everyone who isn't mentioned below I have either a town or a null read on, thought a scum might be hiding in there.

In the group of {CottonLicky, Morarity, Regal Cheese, Spaghebti, XSword}, I'm 99% positive that at least one scum is in this group, but it's more likely two scums and I wouldn't be surprise if all three are scums as well.

CottonLicky I'm currently undecided on. He started out scummy where he coasted by while not really adding that much to discussion. I found the "Which side of the Regal Cheese" hydra absoutely useless and added nothing in terms of scum hunting. So far, I have yet to see a proper justifiacation for that. He also has a few posts where it looks as he is not reading the thread properly. That being said, his recent play resemble more of a pro-town player with stronger contributations, attacking his suspect more clearly and more aggressively, and shows town motivations to help find scums. But I would also request for them to vote someone that isn't themself. You have three to four suspects, put your money where it is and vote them, not yourself.

I am slightly suspicious of XSword although it's not a completely solid read. I can see where people are coming from with the case on XSword, although aside from his mass parroting on #123, I haven't noticed someone on my own that is really scummy. Still he has been flying under the radar recently, which is hypocritical of him as he called out CottonLicky for the same thing in the middle of the game, so I will be keeping an eye out for him.

First major suspect I want to mention is Spaghebti. He active lurked throughout the entire day. He's either covering his *** defending his "Morarity is null, Regal Cheese is town, and tHe-Man is scum" read or not doing anything to help town. For days, he deliberately decided to not tell why he didn't want to lynch Morarity/Regal Cheese. When he finally does, his explanation is a load of **** that doesn't convince me at all that Morarity/Regal Cheese is more likely to be town then scum. Would like for him to be dead in the next few days as I get a pretty solid scum read off of him.

The second major suspect for me is Morarity. Me suspecting Morarity is not due to policy, but that I actually think he is scummy enough to warrant a lynch. I agree with others in which he is absolutely useless and needs to die soon. The only reasons why I'm not immediately voting him is because I need to consult my partner and that I find another person to be my top suspect. I highly disliked his vote on Spaghebti, which was completely void of explanations. If Regal Cheese flips scum, the "Pay Attention, this is good stuff" picture could be a FoS: Scum Buddy, Vote: Townie manevuer that we should keep close eye for. Pure meta defenses are almost always bad, but his is exceptionally weak. For god sake's, he is linking to a game where he was lynched Day 1 for his absymal play! Other things to note is that he avoid questions that we need to know, performs OMGUS on players who criticize his play, and some images are completely void of the word "sense". Yes I actually get a read on Morarity and yes it's a strong scum one.

My top suspicion is Regal Cheese. This hydra has generated a ton of fluff that doesn't belong and doesn't help town at all. This is probably the most hypocritical slot I have ever seen in the game of Mafia to the point where it hurts. Other reasons for lynching him is him dodging simple questions that can benefit town, poor attempts to gain town creds, not explaining why a post is scummy, misrepping other people, threats of commiting what most people call a scum tell (OMGUS), contradictions, showing desire for wanting Chuckie dead but not voting for the hydra and in recent posts, not calling the hydra scummy despite desire to lynch the hydra, claiming that being obnoxious is a scum tell, fence-sitting, and logic fallacy. Very little I have seen out of the hydra that I can consider to be coming from a townie I have a very strong scum read on Regal Cheese and he definently needs to die.
Final Conclusions:
Between the two of us, we have decided to lynch Morarity today, even thought I (SSBF) suspect Regal Cheese more. From what we have seen, Morarity will most likely not change their play to help town in any fashion whatsoever and to the point of mocking the town. My suspicion gap between Morarity and Regal Cheese is close and I'm willing to compromise lynching him for today as we still stand a good chance of lynching scum.

Vote: Morarity

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
Whaddya mean "Make headway with"?

Thought ya couldn't understand me at all, Regality didn't make no sense. Ya had to ask for translations amirite? Why ya now sayin' I DO have content I jus' be lackin' on stances? Wha' changed?

O btw plz answer mah questions before.
O btw wat made you change your mind on the wording? Ya forgot to proof read ya post.

Hurr durr.
You gain nothing in saying I want to lynch lurkers because they're lurking. Then they just keep lurking and no progress is made. Ergo, going after the first active player on the list is the best chance of making headway.

We said you've been sitting the fence through that entire thing. We also said we couldn't understand you half the time. Don't pick half an argument.

What questions? Quote please and I'd be happy to.

Change our mind on the wording? What do you mean?

D

Deleted member

tHe-Man said:
What is Moriarty sitting at? I don't want to put him on L-1.
AFAIK, he's at L-2. As of SwordsRBroken's last votecount (October 13th, 2010), four votes have been counted on him. Our vote on Morarity puts the hydra at L-2.

I second the Request Votecount.

Fans for Sell

^ The above post was by me.

Sorry about that, need to see what account I'm in before posting.

Top Bottom