• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo Game - Ovah

Gotenks

BSL|mentosman8
How about we phrase FF's lynch suggestion like this:

"Moriarty cannot be as helpful as someone posting with words and detailed explanations. This does not mean that he is scum, but that, by not lynching Moriarty, we are lynching someone with the potential to be more helpful than Moriarty."

Policy lynch, not scum hunter's lynch. Already stated that I don't like a policy lynch at this stage.
Wrong. I know FZ could respond to this but I would like to. Moriarty is playing a distinctly anti-town game. Whether or not he can be helpful is a moot point. The way the slot is being played is not good for town. It's impossible to get a read on them, can't clearly see their thought processes and stances, and everyone in the game could have a different view of what they're saying. This is a huge thing scum strives for, a way to not leave a solid trail, and give as little information as possible. Tom/Kevin would have the potential to be one of the strongest slots in the game, but if they refuse to play in a way that is even remotely pro-town, what good is that? It's not a "policy lynch" it's a "you're playing a blatantly anti-town style game, and regardless of your potential your style prevents you from ever looking like a townie lynch." There's a big difference between these two.

In all honesty, I HATE the idea of lynching a Tom/Kevin combo D1. If the slot's town, those two working together can be one of the biggest powerhouses in Dgames. However, what it comes down to, is that they're playing an anti-town way, and putting themselves as close to utterly useless as possible while still posting, and that makes them bad to keep around, no matter how strong the pair is.

Now, as for the question of where we would go if Moriarty were to start posting properly? I'm not entirely against my other halves thoughts on Chuckie, but other than that I've been kinda focused and letting everything else kind of move back.

Also, @Moriarty: I found it funny that you quoted the post from the BSL half and posted my avatar under itXD

CottonLicky

Blueyoshi|Zen
Peach Monster, Licky never said it was scummy. :) I advise you to actually read my post.

Vander I promise I'll get my case on you soon. I'm just short on time.

Peach Monster, I'll also go more into detail on what I meant in that post you are reffering to and how you are completely missing the point. Also why this half thinks you should die.

@mod: I know you are probably doing the best you can to get a replacement, but it might be worth while to emphasize that it is not important for them to be a hydra.

Q: If you cannot get a replacement in 72 hours, would it be possible to prevent a modkill by a majority vote?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
So, what happens if one half of the hydra's playing a REALLY scummy game, while the other half is playing a REALLY pro town game? I don't know if it'd ever come down to it, but we'll never know.
Depends on what's scummy about it. Scummy due to dodging questions? The other player should be answering them. Scummy due to shifting opinions on plays? Your half should provide at least some stability.

But legit scumtells often come from mistakes, and either player can make the mistake that gives the scumtell. No slack should be cut; both halves of the hydra need to take responsibility for anything that looks scummy, because you share the role, so we will attribute scumtells to both of you, not one.

Either he's a chump with less balls than a game of chess (that's none)
Hey!

...I like chess. :(

Have you never played with KevinM? :\
As I have never played with KevinM, may I ask for elaboration?

Peach, blow me...away with your observations. Whatcha thinkin'?

hurr durr
I have to admit to being a bit overwhelmed. BBR mafia and my prior dgames have been a lot slower with players going for days of inactivity. But I'll be committed to keeping up from here.

For the record; I work Tuesday through Saturday, so I tend to be online very little on Sunday/Monday. I do my mafia playing from work. My partner and I are both separately finishing two games right now and made the mistake of following behind, and are now catching up. We just finished discussing thoughts on a few players.

The biggest point of discussion was Moriarty. There's little to no information conveyed by this player, and by probability, with no scumtells to narrow it down (due to no information at all), he's more likely town than scum. I've recently played a game in which town tore itself to pieces by attacking inactives almost exclusively, and I don't want to see a repeat repeat of this. This is why I feel strongly against tHe-Man's policy suggestion.

Despite that, Moriarty is an inactive that is going to stay in the game by constantly posting picture-fluff posts, and will be extremely detrimental to town. The key point here is that if Moriarty dies, there is little to no information that will be gained from his flip, whether town or scum. This is very dangerous to town, more so than a normal inactive.

Until he takes a stance, he's little more than a wildcard. Lynching him at a later point in the game won't be a good play when there are other scumtells to chase. On D1, where relationships between people's play and modconfirmed information from flips hasn't been established, is the best time to address it.

I like this play:
Hmm...

How bout this...

@Moriarty who, aside from Spaghebti would you find scummy, and why? I'm not asking for you to type real words. You can do your system of putting quotes up and gifs that tell your answer. I'm not gonna complain. I can't get a clear view from you other than Spaghebti being scummy, which one half of us (the smargaret half, the Gordito half is still deciding) agrees with. How do you take Forever Zero's harsh attack on you with your usefulness? Pro town move? Anti town?

If Moriarty is willing to take a stance on someone, then town will have gotten something useful. We think Moriarty should take a stance on someone, and if not, is the play of the day.

In the meantime, I will continue to review players here and build a case on someone for reasons other than inactivity. Currently leaning on CottonLicky, but need to review after Cotton's last post.

Peach Monster

Praxis|EdreesesPieces
Sorry :(

So, what happens if one half of the hydra's playing a REALLY scummy game, while the other half is playing a REALLY pro town game? I don't know if it'd ever come down to it, but we'll never know.
Depends on what's scummy about it. Scummy due to dodging questions? The other player should be answering them. Scummy due to shifting opinions on plays? Your half should provide at least some stability.

But legit scumtells often come from mistakes, and either player can make the mistake that gives the scumtell. No slack should be cut; both halves of the hydra need to take responsibility for anything that looks scummy, because you share the role, so we will attribute scumtells to both of you, not one.

Either he's a chump with less balls than a game of chess (that's none)
Hey!

...I like chess. :(

Have you never played with KevinM? :\
As I have never played with KevinM, may I ask for elaboration?

Peach, blow me...away with your observations. Whatcha thinkin'?

hurr durr
I have to admit to being a bit overwhelmed. BBR mafia and my prior dgames have been a lot slower with players going for days of inactivity. But I'll be committed to keeping up from here.

For the record; I work Tuesday through Saturday, so I tend to be online very little on Sunday/Monday. I do my mafia playing from work. My partner and I are both separately finishing two games right now and made the mistake of following behind, and are now catching up. We just finished discussing thoughts on a few players.

The biggest point of discussion was Moriarty. There's little to no information conveyed by this player, and by probability, with no scumtells to narrow it down (due to no information at all), he's more likely town than scum. I've recently played a game in which town tore itself to pieces by attacking inactives almost exclusively, and I don't want to see a repeat repeat of this. This is why I feel strongly against tHe-Man's policy suggestion.

Despite that, Moriarty is an inactive that is going to stay in the game by constantly posting picture-fluff posts, and will be extremely detrimental to town. The key point here is that if Moriarty dies, there is little to no information that will be gained from his flip, whether town or scum. This is very dangerous to town, more so than a normal inactive.

Until he takes a stance, he's little more than a wildcard. Lynching him at a later point in the game won't be a good play when there are other scumtells to chase. On D1, where relationships between people's play and modconfirmed information from flips hasn't been established, is the best time to address it.

I like this play:
Hmm...

How bout this...

@Moriarty who, aside from Spaghebti would you find scummy, and why? I'm not asking for you to type real words. You can do your system of putting quotes up and gifs that tell your answer. I'm not gonna complain. I can't get a clear view from you other than Spaghebti being scummy, which one half of us (the smargaret half, the Gordito half is still deciding) agrees with. How do you take Forever Zero's harsh attack on you with your usefulness? Pro town move? Anti town?

If Moriarty is willing to take a stance on someone, then town will have gotten something useful. We think Moriarty should take a stance on someone, and if not, is the play of the day.

In the meantime, I will continue to review players here and build a case on someone for reasons other than inactivity. Currently leaning on CottonLicky, but need to review after Cotton's last post.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Q: If you cannot get a replacement in 72 hours, would it be possible to prevent a modkill by a majority vote?[/b]
Yes. I'm going to keep searching for a replacement, and hopefully, the modkill won't take place.

A note to everyone questioning summonerAU, he is unable to participate as a replacement, so if you know anyone willing to replace, please PM me.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Chucky, my man. You've only been askin' questions which have either a) Been answered or b) Are not true

Like me callin' you scummy. Didn't happen. You're makin' it up. Said I was unsure on you

(See I can justify what I say)
Unless you actually think

is me calling you scummy....Lawl. Was I the one who started callin' u scummy? Nah. Go read.

I asked what you thought about other people findin' you scummy, ya didn't answer.

I'm not gettin' all this "omg Kat will answer this" and "omg Vanz will answer that" - feels like stallin' and an easy way out of answering what I ask. Little real content other than Cheesy hate comin' out of ya. Then you push on me for allegedly not answering what u asked. Not gettin' it. Not likin' it. At best you're distractin' and that ain't pro townie - that earns a frownie.
ahsaghshashflshgsljlgksfbkjgs

^ Chuckie getting mad :mad::mad::mad:

Cheesy... You asked us about the scumminess we are exubering. By asking us about said scumminess, you are acknowledging that it exists, and therefore I obviously assumed you thought us to be scummy.

Why are you twisting our intentions? Why are you calling us out on skimming when it's a result of your posting style in the first place?

Seriously, stop straw-maning everything I say.

Funnily, why have you failed to answer the questions I posed #218. No one had asked those questions yet and they were highly relevant at the time. I'm not as interested to hear them now as times.

And Kat and I are two different people. So as I can not see into the brain of Kat (and vice versa) if someone asks a question based on something Kat says, it's only fair to have Kat respond to it so we aren't providing mixed up thoughts. We do it every game we play.

It's not an excuse for stalling, what do we have to stall for?

this half would vote chuckie. posts keep saiyan "only skimmed, but" and "i dont remember, but"

dont like it.
Lol saiyan... was that intentional???

But you're not one to talk. You really haven't commented on anything apart from Moniarty's play. You skimming?

Some clarification concerning Moriarity and "uselessness".

@ Chuckie: What I meant to say was, don't try to JUST argue that Moriarity isn't useless. We know this. He isn't completely useless. Short of literally not posting or just not taking the game seriously at all, no one is completely useless. Therefore, arguing that someone isn't completely useless is just about the easiest thing to argue since it's practically unattackable.

What I was asking you to do is start arguing how Moriarity is being pro-town (or at least how he isn't being anti-town) if you're going to try and defend him. This pretty much goes for anyone defending him. You can't JUST argue "oh he's not summy because he isn't useless". By that logic NO ONE IN THIS GAME is scummy except JPSI. So yeah, you have to take you stance a bit further if you even want it to matter. Don't be a ***** and argue something so soft.
Well then say it right the first time silly.

Why would we argue that monriarty is being pro town when we believe no such thing? Iirc Kat said (or implied) he was a little bit better so far then spaghetti, but not anyone else. We don't believe 2nd/3rd worst player be pro-town. Either you're misreading our intentions... or, yeah, you're misreading our intentions.

You arguing that he is useless (or not pro-town or whatever) is waaaaaaayyyyyy safer and easier if you ask me.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
@FZ: Just to clarify.

I'm fine with lynching Moniarity eventually, for the same reason as I would want to lynch any other player.

But I'm not going to sit here ****ing about how useless he is. Or decide that unless anyone (including him) can prove otherwise, that he is the auto lynch target for toDay.

No one deserves that sort of free pass to Day 2 regardless of how much of a detriment you find moniarty to be.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
this game has sucked the character out of chuckie

^I just refreshed and Vanz ninja'd me btw. Also colour-coding this because it's long and could be difficult to read.
_
_
_

@Zero: I never tried to say anything about a liability being okay and not worthy of pressure and I never tried to say anything about associating moriarty's play as being too bad to be scum.

Excuse the long post and thnx for clarification in #256, I get a better understanding of what ur saying. Our points aren't unattackable. I want to justify, not quickly =D, that the time of that question was at the time ur attitude, to us, was "useless = deal-sealed lynch" or at least that WAS the impression I got - I wanted to bridge the gap as to why you thought useless was lynch-worthy having noticed a lack of looking into other informative avenues such as people's interpretations of their posts, their vote placements and reactions etc. [factors that don't actually make them as useless as people here are leading themselves to believe]. Hence, and if u look back at our exchange, we actually asked u why you thought Moriarty was scummy first, and wii never got a clear-cut answer. In fact we didn't get an answer at all aside from a blunt 'liability'. So I tried a different approach thereafter wanting elaboration on the word choice "liability" instead and woopie u gave us a more extended answer. There was no purposeful buildup from us there and it wasn't wifom-loaded.

As for "being a liability is always scummy" - I have a different view on this from u and now Mentos and find the qualities that equate to a 'liability' in this particular instance concerning Moriarty to be innately closer to their posting style than their alignment because I find actions speak louder than words [pictures], and Moriarty are making actions that wii [Chuckie] are cool with trying to read, as per any playerslot in this game that we try to read, which is why I'm challenging the liability = immediate-lynch-worthy mentality because u never gave us what particular
actions you think Moriarty have taken with regards to their reactions, interpretations, vote placements toDay that indicate them being more of a liability [scummy] than, say, someone like mouldy Regal, supersafe XSword or Spag/Jpsi who have posted equally bad/unreadable content IOO.
_
_
_

@Ur question about making our stance clearer on Moriarty: I like its vote placement - supplementarily [now our new word =D] wii like how it quotes Spag and contrasts it with our quote, leading me to think it's making itself clear in its scepticism on both Spag/Regal. Prior to this wii were neutral because they hadn't done anything notable for us to gauage alignment [though funnily enough I saw their RVS vote on Chuckie as a homage to Nothing Special which made me think possible town]. Wii're still semi-neutral, slight-town on them and still gauging...

...In other news, and on rereads, and based on interactions with the elusive Moriarty directly or indirectly, wii find it interesting that Regal placed his vote from XSword to Moriarty "by default" and yes we're spontaneously combusting as to how no one is picking up on these scummy word choices as well as 90% of its posts... also I find it interesting that He-man proposes a policy lynch and apparently does it to play "devil's advocate" in #169 but then suddenly decides to follow through with this advocacy [IOO this negates any genuinity in playing devil's advocate in the first place] trying to connect policy with Moriarty "at a later stage" even after one half isn't as comfortable with policy lynching in the first place... finally wii find it interesting Smarboy is dismissing Nothing Special as not being a good example of what is happening in this game, but deep down wii think they're just having a bit of fun there. Yes wii're going to deepen all these points and what they mean to us but not right now because I want to discuss them with Vanz first as I haven't brought them all up yet.

DISCO OVERDRIVE BABY.

(^Hopefully all the above clarifies exactly what we have gauged so far entirely from Moriarty.)

_
_
_

@Why we think Spag is more "useless" - the only thing we comfortably know about Spaghebti is that it bluntly agrees with Regal on points that happen to make them think Regal is town. We don't know why yet. In comparison we feel we know more as to what Moriarty is thinking than we do Spagbol [and JPsi]

@Who hasn't literally spoken to each other yet that wii'd therefore like to see: Regal/Xsword [despite the early vote], Regal/Moriarty, ForeverZero/CottonLicky.

_
_
_

this half would vote chuckie. posts keep saiyan "only skimmed, but" and "i dont remember, but"
I don't accept that sorry, we haven't said we've been skimming and judging by the large amount of referencing in our posts I don't think wii've not remembered anything either. Could you explain in more detail why our posts equate to scummy? I reread and I've noticed He-man publicly say they've been skimming, why haven't you been picking up on this also? Also, @Mentos: keeping Moriarty alive because its components could be a driven force but considering us as vote-worthy for the rather terrible reasons provided by your partner above is, actually, a tad insulting [in a pantomime sense of course] considering our success with this hydra.
Little real content other than Cheesy hate comin' out of ya. Then you push on me for allegedly not answering what u asked. Not gettin' it. Not likin' it. At best you're distractin' and that ain't pro townie - that earns a frownie.
U actually make me want to die sometimes off-screen. That's very rich coming from you! Also I hope Gotenks spots the skimming here [and everywhere!] because we're not just pushing you for not answering a question.

@XSword: Example:
Basically, as of now, you're flying under the radar. Of course one liners aren't the most protown thing there is, but it's still better than nothing. It keeps you above the inactivity line, while at the same time not being too helpful towards town. This is even furthered by the fact that, due to inactivity this game, it's even easier to get away with that kind of play (because some play is better than no play, right?).
A lot of people were flying under the radar and also keeping up with activity barriers by posting little enough to get by at the time u wrote this post, so it's a tad confusing why you didn't get stuck in and address everyone that this applied to.

ForeverZero

Overswarm|Frozenflame751
Does anyone else get the feeling that Chuckie takes forever to say nothing?

I'll have to read that tomorrow with a clear head.

Gotenks

BSL|mentosman8
I don't remember what actually happened, just theorizing with this
Also Swiss cheese what are you liking about FZ so far? Admittedly I've only skimmed the last couple pages but all I saw him do was call out he-man's policy lynch??? Tell me so I don't waste time looking k thx.
here's where i noticed it. i guess it didnt happen as much as i thought. idk why it stood out for you.

AND, i noticed that it isnt just you guys. heck, even Gotenks said it once.

maybe it stood out cause youve been accused of skimming more?

i never did say it was scummy, just that i didnt like it.

disregard my point, though. i was wrong. my bad.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
^That's fine. I got a bit confused because I don't think we've been skimming much at all.

We say wii instead of we because we play the wii :skull:

With that said, if you took back your point, who is scum?

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
@Chuckie - You misread our earlier post. Neither of us want a policy lynch. A policy lynch is a bad idea at the moment, in our opinion. Multiple people called us insane for suggesting it as a possibility earlier, yet, when ForeverZero poses a policy lynch without calling it such, he immediately gets bandwagon votes on the easy lynch. We were pointing out that it is what it is and want to know why everyone is suddenly supportive of a policy lynch. If you haven't noticed, we aren't, and haven't been, on the Moriarty wagon.

I do not see where we've disagreed with ourselves.

Rereading now, expect detailed point by point analysis.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Does anyone else get the feeling that Chuckie takes forever to say nothing?

I'll have to read that tomorrow with a clear head.
ITT: ForeverZero takes forever to state the obvious (that Moriarty is not very useful).

@Chuckie - You misread our earlier post. Neither of us want a policy lynch. A policy lynch is a bad idea at the moment, in our opinion. Multiple people called us insane for suggesting it as a possibility earlier, yet, when ForeverZero poses a policy lynch without calling it such, he immediately gets bandwagon votes on the easy lynch. We were pointing out that it is what it is and want to know why everyone is suddenly supportive of a policy lynch. If you haven't noticed, we aren't, and haven't been, on the Moriarty wagon.

I do not see where we've disagreed with ourselves.

Rereading now, expect detailed point by point analysis.
Ok then. Might of been referring to your inactive policy lynch you proposed.

@Gotenks want to see more from you that isn't talking about moriarty. But that saiyan ref made me lol.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Super Smash bros Fan will be able to replace jPSI in a few days or so. Thanks SSBF!

Now for the votecount:

CottonLicky: XSword, CottonLicky (2)
Chuckie: Spaghebti (1)
XSword: Smarboy69 (1)
Moriarty: ForeverZero, Regal Cheese, Peach Monster, Gotenks (4)
Regal Cheese: Chuckie (1)
Spaghebt: Moriarty,(1)

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch!

Not voting: Sold2/SSBF hydra, tHe-man (3)

Peach Monster

Praxis|EdreesesPieces
I would say that something like jumping at the chance of stating disagreement with a policy lynch would be indication of someone trying to make pro-town posts, or someone saying how dumb of a discussion the whole policy thing was after it had already been said 2-3 times, Or someone someone requesting prods and targeting inactives. But what to you about self votes and one-lined posts gives the impression of trying to look pro-town to you :)?
What's scummier; stating disagreement with a policy lynch to look pro-town (total WIFOM), or avoiding even commenting on the policy lynch?

As far as I can see, you never even weighed your opinion in on it, but are criticizing someone else's.

Your playstyle seems to be just asking a bunch of irrelevant questions, then pointing out the fact that you're asking questions.

At least Moriarty isn't putting up the pretense of being useful around his garbage play.

Smarboy when you refer to posts could you quote or link to them please?

X1 do we have to play how many times you ignore my questions this game?
Regal, which of your halves made your confirmation post?

And when you said why derail the best wagon were you talking about Licky or Chuckie?

Edrespices
Someone needs to get me a Swiss-Kat-English dictionary.

Swiss stop ignoring questions. I don't think you ever answered Licky's. :)

Telling people to figure it out themselves every time they ask you a question isn't going to fly :o

You seem to be avoiding stances. The only stance you have taken has been, so far, to say "Chuckie" in response to XSword asking you "who's scum?".

Can you tell me why you think Chuckie is scummy?

And tell me why you never addressed the policy lynch question, yet said that you think that jumping to disagree with with the policy lynch is scummier than posting terrible one-liners?

Peach Monster

Praxis|EdreesesPieces
Oh, and per earlier post:

Vote: Moriarty

Moriarty, please take a stance on someone you feel is scummy in some way.

Gotenks

BSL|mentosman8
@Swords: Don't know how I missed this last votecount, but we're voting Moriarty, not voting with them on Spaghebti :)

ForeverZero

Overswarm|Frozenflame751
Moriarty, you're going to get lynched on D1 if you don't start giving us actual information and contribute in a pro-town manner.

Just swallow your pride on this one and be helpful. Run a picture mafia later where people can only post in pictures.

Gotenks

BSL|mentosman8
And I kinda forgot the rest of my post when I posted that, but anyway, to those asking who Gotenks would vote should Moriarty start actually playing? There's no clear cut answer to that, least from Mentos head. I'm not getting no reads, in fact I have a couple town reads going on, but scum wise I don't have a whole lot yet. If I get the chance this afternoon I'll probly end up re-reading while the game's only 7 pages, and will definitely bounce some ideas off my other half, but there's no reason to give out town reads and there hasn't been much that stood out from the rest as scummy enough for me to point to a specific person.

Peach Monster

Praxis|EdreesesPieces
Wait, mod missed two votes for Moriarty?
That puts him at L-1, right?

Unvote

Don't want to risk any accidental hammer shenanigans, especially not with these vote counts.

Spaghebti

macman|Gheb_01
tbh i think moriarty is more useful than others cuz we can get good reads from how ppl react to his posting style. i think that should be the main focus for town. not sayin he cant be scum tho. just sth to think about

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Checking in quickly on the Moriarty issue...

I gotta say I agree with Spaghebz here, in a sense. Why does it bother people SO much that Moriarty posts like this? Sure, he's yet to take a stance quite yet, but let's see how he responds to my question before lynching him off. You've all made what has to be the easiest wagon for scum to hop on, I hope you realize.

Regal Cheese

Sir Bedevere|Swiss
tbh i think moriarty is more useful than others cuz we can get good reads from how ppl react to his posting style. i think that should be the main focus for town. not sayin he cant be scum tho. just sth to think about
What should be the main focus? Moriarty? Not gettin' ya.

Gord, would ya want Moriarty in LyLo after all the kids done has been postin' some pics? Nah. "Why?". 'Cuz ya can't read a picture (pun intended). Stances are few and far between when Jean-Luc Picard's face is all we be seein'.

XSword whatcha thinkin'?

Gotenks. I'd like ta see a post from ya that doesn't involve Moriarty (fun as the convo is) whaddya think of everything else in the game? Stances plz. Still hatin' on Chuckie? Peach Monstah's last post, did it float your boat or sink your battleship?

Hurr durr

Gotenks

BSL|mentosman8
What should be the main focus? Moriarty? Not gettin' ya.

Gord, would ya want Moriarty in LyLo after all the kids done has been postin' some pics? Nah. "Why?". 'Cuz ya can't read a picture (pun intended). Stances are few and far between when Jean-Luc Picard's face is all we be seein'.

XSword whatcha thinkin'?

Gotenks. I'd like ta see a post from ya that doesn't involve Moriarty (fun as the convo is) whaddya think of everything else in the game? Stances plz. Still hatin' on Chuckie? Peach Monstah's last post, did it float your boat or sink your battleship?

Hurr durr
And I kinda forgot the rest of my post when I posted that, but anyway, to those asking who Gotenks would vote should Moriarty start actually playing? There's no clear cut answer to that, least from Mentos head. I'm not getting no reads, in fact I have a couple town reads going on, but scum wise I don't have a whole lot yet. If I get the chance this afternoon I'll probly end up re-reading while the game's only 7 pages, and will definitely bounce some ideas off my other half, but there's no reason to give out town reads and there hasn't been much that stood out from the rest as scummy enough for me to point to a specific person.
Um, you mean my last post which states that if Moriarty stops playing so anti-town what would I be thinking? Cuz yeah, pretty sure least this here Mentos half has already posted that post. But thanks for trying :) Since I didn't mention Chuckie in that specific post, check out post 254. Peach Monster's last post? Ok, a miscount of votes, then revoting when realized the count was wrong? Um, what's there to do with that post? Congratulations on directing three questions at me that have already been answered, or are asking about an insignificant post. Stop skimming if you're gonna try to contribute K? :)

Seriously, what were you trying to accomplish with those questions? One is worthless, and the other two have already been answered and just prove you're skimming. Why didn't you read our posts about these subjects before asking about them?

Peach Monster

Praxis|EdreesesPieces
You are "not saying he can't be scum" ok...

do you think he's scum or town? What's your read on moriarty? You're accusing others us suspect play for going for Moriarty when we don't even know what you think of moriarty yourself.

If we are attacking moriarty, and you believe he's town, you should tell us to lay off and explain why. If we are attacking moriarty and you believe he's scum you should join the wagon. Appatently you don't want to join the wagon so you feel he's town, is this a fair assessment? Give me your take on moriarty.

can u be more specific when you say we can get good reads from how ppl react to his posting style? In what ways that people react are bad and which ways are good, for your point of view?

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
Sorry, power died across town about 15 minutes after our last post. Working on that now. We're creating a scum list for our own personal use. Keeping in mind that it's a Day 1 scum list and heavily subject to change, what are people's opinions on posting our scum, null, and town reads in no particular order?

XSword.

X1-12|Sworddancer.
sorry for absence, yesturday was a loooooooonnng day and I don't know where X1 is.

@Chuckie: I'm just now understanding why you asked for my opinion on those two players. It's because you consider them to also be flying under the radar, correct?

I would agree that both Spag and Licky float in the same boat here. However, at the time I made my case against Licky, Spag wasn't on the radar for me at the time. Still stand by what I said about Licky.

---

I'm starting to dislike Zero's play. His 224 is nice, but aside from that all I'm seeing from him is tunneling of Moriarity. I get the idea of pressure and all, but when it becomes praticaly the only thing he focuses on then it becomes too much.

Also, what's up with your most recent "swallow your pride" post to Moriarity? It kinda came out of the blue, as Moriarty hasn't really posted lately.

---

Now, I DON'T like Moriarity's play. Don't get me wrong. I want to make that perfectly clear right now. I don't see how pictures and gifs can be all that usful, simply because you can't really go into neccasary detail with them. I am willing to vote Moriarity.

Also, you know guys, even IF Moriarity takes a stance, there is still no practical way for him to pressure those who he takes a stance against. At least not the way he's playing now.

Just to clarify:

I agree with Zero, but I also agree he has been overstating things, A LOT.

---

Other stuff:

Spaghebz, do you think that was Mosiarity's intention?

Cotton I'll like that clarifiaction! Actually beinng serious here. Normally, I'll be more leniant about these types of things but knowing BY track record, I think he has to be pressured more to get things done.

Gotenks, if you don't have any scum reads, mind sharing some null reads instead?

:awesome:

^I like how they have this face now.

Gotenks

BSL|mentosman8
I can speak with my other head see if he's got anything, but what would be the point of that? Let me tell everyone who I don't have a solid read one way or the other on yet, so I can get accused of fencesitting on everyone I mention in that way, great idea!

In total seriousness, as I said, I don't have no reads, just nobody stands out except a couple people I see as townie. If that changes and I notice someone stand out then yeah, I'll go after it. However as it stands no one has done something significantly more scummy than any others, even if they have done things in the back of my head being questioned, it's not enough to start attacking anyone in particular. Honestly I'd be happy to build up more and more town reads and find scum that way, whatever works. Either way, I've been focusing on someone playing anti-town, and taking everything else into account. Me and my other head haven't had a chance to converse thoroughly yet due to scheduling, so I'm not sure if he's got anything to add, but we'll let you know

smarboy69

Smargaret|GorditoBoy69
Moriarty shouldn't be the play toDay if he can give us stances, pics or not.

smarboy69

Smargaret|GorditoBoy69
I mean seriously, what's wrong with posting pics as your cases? I believe that as long as we get answers, there shouldn't be a problem.

And I like how the Moriarty wagon's going. Because, as I said before, it's by far the easiest wagon for scum to join that I've ever seen. I feel that the only person that's on that wagon for good, sincere reason is Forever Zero.

How about this: Instead of going for the easy lynch, which we can do after we scumhunt and possibly come up with nothing, how about we, hey, scumhunt?

Top Bottom