• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo Game - Ovah

Swiss

Smash Lord
K Cotton, 'dis kid didn't pick out indie play fyi (PM hasn't even flipped yet...if he's scum/town wat does this mean? Don't make sense to me). I said PM made a post based around 'survival play' which =/= indie survivor, esp as we kno survivor ain't in da game. Survival play is done by scum as well as indies - scum still need ta get ta endgame, y u think i fink he had ta b indie? As far as indies r concerned - I've gone after dem where flavaa indicates it, 'n dats Gotenks, as explained b4. But I dont fink hes as scummy as the-man 'n PM n e more.

I didn't speculate dat dere was a scum roleblocker - jus' said dat da plan as posed by PM was 2 perfect for a scum roleblocker 2 screw up. Different things ya c? "dats 2 perfect for A scum roleblocker" = wat I said 'n totally pro town "dats 2 perfect for DA scum roleblocker" = me knowin' dere is wan. Block Gotenktown 'n BOOM he gets lynched amirite? Seems risky if we duno wats happenin. If i were da scum roleblocker wud it not 'ave been mo' beneficial to not point that out and let PM's plan have a better chance of going thru? Den use mah sneaky scummy move? wifom! Prolly other scum roles dat can do it similar but blocker fits bill easiest imo.

I never said I fort Gotenks wasn't lyin about recruitin FZ. Said I fort his lack of recruit last nite shudn't be held against him toDay imo. Different fings.

Still fink claimin PR's at this stage is dumb. 'N me refusin' ta claim rly makes me look like I have wan.

Swiss

Smash Lord
He's clear because scum likely was given a QT to share so they probably don't really need seperate hydra QTs (though they might anyways, but they still probably have a shared one). Since he was not given this QT upon entering the game, he is not scum. Gotenks can probably confirm that roles with communication abilities were given QTs by the mod. Since he did, scum probably did too.
Do ya not fink DH, of all ppl, wud be mo' careful about QT slips now?

When i've hydra'd i've always had a hydra QT regardless of alignment, FYI.

Fink ur logic is wrong 2bh.

CottonLicky

Blueyoshi|Zen
All right Swiss, looks good. I think that's mostly what I had on you, but what you're saying makes logical sense.

So I'm now at DH, Swiss, and FFS on my really town list.

What to think about Chuckie now that I know DH is town, I'm not sure. Chuckie what were you planning to persue had DH flipped svum? Flipped town.

Smarboy should get some getting looked into as well. I'm starting to wonder if PM told them to bus them early on. Gordito overconfidence = scummy. It seems they have only been staying connected with just a few players too. hmgmg :c

CottonLicky

Blueyoshi|Zen
Do ya not fink DH, of all ppl, wud be mo' careful about QT slips now?

When i've hydra'd i've always had a hydra QT regardless of alignment, FYI.

Fink ur logic is wrong 2bh.
That's understandable. But I know new players like no other. DH is legit.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
@Zen: dunno about that read on Smarboy. I don't think Gord has really been posting that much, it's mostly been smar iirc. Wouldn't be too quick to meta Gord. Don't think they're a play.

Still think DH will flip scum. Kat's good at nailing scum for odd things.

Cheese is up in the air really. I was serious when I accused him of being scum blocker. He's not a play toDay nor is he clear by any means.

I really think that Xsword could be scum. He's as awkward as ****. Putting a FoS on us (for dumb reason), then retracting it straight away when we try to get him talking... looks like a scummy who doesn't wanna be read imo... I wanna look back at his relationship with Swiss (apparently they have this bromance where they always can tell each others alignment... sounds kinda ***) and I'd lol if they were both scummies.

I dunno about your obvtown read on FFS. Don't necessarily think they're scummy, but SSBF's play used to confuse me a bit so it could just be that shining through...

I'd post more but I also am studying :D.

Also Cheese claiming is dumb idea. I've seen the crumbs.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Also Zen FYI our scummy list assuming the-man/DH is scum (from a week ago) is

He-man/Regal/FFS
Peach Monster/Smarboy/XSword

^ Spag would be up there if he didn't push for He-man. I had a reason for FFS being up there, but it was before I asked him some stuff. First line is scummies we found connected to he-man, second line is scummies not so connected to he-man, so to answer your question, pm/xsword/smar if it's a town flip. Top line (and bottom) if it's scum flip.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Yep Yep @ the second one. I say lynch PM > XSword > Smarboy in that order. Not exactly sure if Smar is the last scum though.

Vandy it's funny that we have such a similar line of thought but the-man is what's seperating us. I'm so sure DH is town. If he's not, he is still better to keep around because he so easy to read.

@DH: Do you agree with me? What do you think about my reason for clearing you? There are flaws. Can you spot any of the flaws in my reasoning?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Also Vand the reason I think FFS is town is simply because I know rPSI so well that I can read him before he even posts. I know rPSI and J wouldn't have replaced out if they were scum. I know rPSI would at least participate in rvs and J would at least make an attempt to play. Super fail reasoning but you're just gonna have to trust me on that one. Sucks that FFS has pretty much disagreed with me on like Everything though...

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Tbh if I were playing solo vand then I don't think I would of noticed the-man much at all (Kat did all that stuff), and I think I would of had my sights set on pm toDay, after playing with EP for a bit. But I actually believed Sword's bomb claim in pikmafia, and Kat was 100% spot on their so gotta trust his instincts in these sort of situations.

If you're fine with DH living (assuming he posts a bit more substance toDay) then I'll be down for that I guess :/. A bit like how I was with Gord in another game that does not exist on Day 1. Yeah I'm fine with that thinking.

Will vote PM after a vote count. Will also lol around when Kat posts later and changes back to he-man :p.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
DH what makes it circular theory? Explain.

Also what points specifically makes you think PM is scum. Don't just say "what you said". What did I say that makes you think PM is scum? For a debater, you sure don't put much into your posts.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
posting out of hydra omg

Now that I've got both a monitor and time for the next while, I'll be able to contribute and really get in this game from now on. Sorry about all this guys. :>

smarboy69

Smargaret|GorditoBoy69
DH is parroting badly, but I'm reading him as noob rather than scum (not excluding noobscum here, but parroting is IMO a bit more null in this case.) And trying to talk someone out of a town read on him is just funny.

I'm willing to give DH some time to get his act together - specifically, I want to know what he thinks about Gotenks, the mason claim, and the failed recruiting. Also thoughts on the Moriarty wagon.

PM should be the play today, Gotenks should try to recruit again tonight. Then what happens tomorrow depends on PM's flip and whether or not Gotenks manages to recruit anyone.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
DH what makes it circular theory? Explain.
Your point is opinionated (I'm good with newbies).

Also what points specifically makes you think PM is scum. Don't just say "what you said". What did I say that makes you think PM is scum
#660. For the possibility of both of them being scummbuddies, I honetly didn't get what they're saying.

smarboy69

Smargaret|GorditoBoy69
Alright, I've actually got a suggestion for this situation, and have talked it over with Edrees.

Scummiest players right now are:

1) tHe-man
2) Peach Monster
3) Gotenks

tHe-man is not responding to his criticisms, my responses are disliked, and Gotenks claims to be Mason Recruiter but failed to validate as he says his recruit target failed.

Simple solution to eliminate all three. Lynch tHe-man tonight, and have Gotenks recruit me tomorrow.

There are five possible outcomes.

* Scum kills me.\

Town is saved a mislynch, loses one suspect.

* Scum kills Gotenks.
Town is saved a mislynch, loses one suspect.

* Gotenks successfully recruits me, and we both post confirmation.
Wonderful.

But you have to wonder if...

* Gotenks and I are scumbuddies, and we both post confirmation that we have been masoned.
This is still not a bad situation for town. If you choose to lynch one of us at a later point, it will confirm the other player as town/scum. Similarly, cop results will confirm both players as town/scum at the same time, and any other power role can confirm both players together.

Finally...
* Gotenks' recruit fails.
This confirms either Peach Monster is scum, or Gotenks is scum and lying. Either way, bumps odds up to 50% chance of nailing scum on the next lynch.

Thoughts?

DH, can you elaborate a bit? Because I'm not seeing your reasoning here. Do you have any other reasons to suspect them?

What do you think of Regal Cheese?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I'm willing to give DH some time to get his act together - specifically, I want to know what he thinks about Gotenks, the mason claim, and the failed recruiting. Also thoughts on the Moriarty wagon.
Mmk... He was acting scummy in some posts (such as 495 & 500, using ad homenim), and "oh, my recruit failed" is a way to keep a cover of a mason recruiter up, but I don't think he's the play today, as he could recruit someone to tonight.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
DH, can you elaborate a bit? Because I'm not seeing your reasoning here. Do you have any other reasons to suspect them?
That's my primary reason.

This is still not a bad situation for town.
If you choose to lynch one of us at a later point, it will confirm the other player as town/scum.
First off, this. If PM gets recruited & says so to everybody, do you think anyone will think they're scum?

Similarly, cop results will confirm both players as town/scum at the same time, and any other power role can confirm both players together.
The cop died D1. they wouldn't have to worry about this. AFAIK, cop is the only village-sided role that can tell who's maf and whose not.

Poor Explanation.

What do you think of Regal Cheese?
Havent decided yet.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
DH 1 more thing. Can you restate my reasoning, step by step and in your own words, for why I think you're town.

smarboy69

Smargaret|GorditoBoy69
A naive cop died day 1. Which means we could still have some combination of {paranoid, insane, sane, no} cop left. That said, given the presence of a naive cop, we can't rely on the sanity of any remaining investigative roles.

PM dying today solves this problem, though, since then Gotenks will try to recruit someone unknown and ideally not as scummy as PM.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
DH 1 more thing. Can you restate my reasoning, step by step and in your own words, for why I think you're town.
Inside your head:

"Wait,

1. Dark didn't get a QT from the man
2. If theman was scum, dark would have gotten te mac QT from him.
3. However, he didn't get a QT from the-man
4. Therefore he's not scum"

A naive cop died day 1. Which means we could still have some combination of {paranoid, insane, sane, no} cop left. That said, given the presence of a naive cop, we can't rely on the sanity of any remaining investigative roles.
Oh, right. I usually think around "1 cop per game", so I didn't think there would be another cop.
PM dying today solves this problem, though, since then Gotenks will try to recruit someone unknown and ideally not as scummy as PM.
Yeah, you have a point.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Sorry for the misunderstanding

1. scum were probably given a QT to share so they probably don't need a hydra QT for each of them
2. I didn't get the QT when I entered, so I'm not scum.

Your reasoning from #760

Gotenks can probably confirm that roles with communication abilities were given QTs by the mod.
I can confirm this. Was mason in castlemafia and got a QT.

smarboy69

Smargaret|GorditoBoy69
Spaghebti's posted a few things that look suspicious if PM flips scum, but I haven't looked closely enough to build a case that doesn't rely on that interaction. I don't want to talk about this now, though, since we don't know PM's flip.

DH, I'm still waiting to hear what your thoughts are on the Moriarty wagon. Scummy or not?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Depends on wether you think pictures are scummy or not.
Since I do consider them scummy (as they don't provide reasons), yeah, I think he was acting scummy.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Oh.

Well, it made sense, as I'm pretty sure alot of people would consider pictures-only as scummy.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
[collapse=votes]Dark Horse: Regal Cheese, Chuckie(2)
Peach Monster: Smarboy69, Xsword, Cottonlicky, Dark Horse (4)

Not voting: Peach Monster, Gotenks, Fans For Sell

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch! [/collapse]

Pretty sure it's L-2, and PM is nowhere to be seen. I'm still waiting for official though. We got plenty of time.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
@vanderzant

Nobody voted for me.

Owait...

@mod: Do votes get transferred when somebody is replaced?

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Seriously FoS: XSword

If I had a 1 shot vig kill for every time they've lurked the thread without posting, I'd be the only one alive.

Same with PM. Gosh, PM/Xsword scum team you heard it first people.

Regal Cheese

Sir Bedevere|Swiss
Back on Regal if Bed's back in den.

Chuckie;11521934 If I had a 1 shot vig kill for every time they've lurked the thread without posting said:
I'd be the only one alive[/B].
Wat about every1 else in da game? :Quizzicalwtfisthis****smiley:

fink PM shud post soon

fink we shud wait ta put 'im at L-1

smar is DH noobtown or noobscum?

DH wat is Zen/Cotton? Town amirite?

wats the offishul Chuckie lynch stance?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I'm catching up right now, but I want to discuss the latest events with Praxis before I post, so I'll get that to you guys soon. Are you guys asking us to claim btw? people asking us to post when near lynch, seems to indirectly ask us to claim so let us know

Spaghebti

macman|Gheb_01
Spaghebti's posted a few things that look suspicious if PM flips scum, but I haven't looked closely enough to build a case that doesn't rely on that interaction. I don't want to talk about this now, though, since we don't know PM's flip.
id like to know tho

Top Bottom